Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Blogging badge.

"I started my blog on 5-09-2012. I have 6 posts in my blog so far. I also added MJ GirlGab to my blog. My blog address is http://countrygirlforever-deborah.blogspot.com

By reading Blogging for Bliss, I learned how to add pictures to my blogs. I love my blog now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"I purchased 3 miniature horses a couple of years ago. Midnight(mare) is 33" tall, Peaches(mare) 31" tall and Little Man(stud) is 29" tall. I love the temperment of miniature animals.

When I purchased Little man, he was a yearling. He was also very skiddish but through patience and treats(especially apples), he came around quickly. Now he follows everyone around like a puppy. I have enclosed a picture of Little Man(spotted) and Peaches(brown)."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I love to quilt! I've been quilting for 18 years and have been teaching and making quilt shop samples for 10.

for this merit badge I made a doll quilt. It's hand pieced, hand quilted and made of Jo Morton fabric.

I love it! I needed a small quilt to put over my cross stitch basket for when I go to a friends home or take a class (I do live in Oregon)."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I just started mentoring a disabled young lady in June. She decided on the “Wilton Cake Decorating” as for of our outings. We took the "Wilton Cake Decorating Class" course 1, and we are starting Course 2 on 08/07/2012.

I think I'm/we are doing well. We/me just have to keep practicing. We're having a lot of fun!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I made this sewing kit about 8 years ago. I found this electrician bag at a hardware store. I took it home and made it my own. I embroidered it, put buttons on it and whatever I found in-between. With that said, for this merit badge, I cleaned it out. I refilled it with new pins, needles and buttons and replaced my rotary cutter blade.

I love my sewing kit. It's packed and ready to go. And "yes" everything fits in it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Christina Marsden, (#4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"While on a weekend trip with my husband I picked up some yarn and found hat pattern to crochet. It took me half the afternoon to whip up this hat, but I think it was fun simple project that will come in handy. I have been crocheting for years.
I have taught my 8 year old daughter how to crochet, she is currently working on a dishcloth. I can't wait until she finishes it. She is so eager to be part of the sisterhood that she will be thrilled to earn badges too.

The hat I crocheted is very cute, I like the pattern, though it was a little bigger around the head it is perfect to wear with pony tales."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Christina Marsden, (#4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"My daughter and I love horses. Of course my boys do too. But being a little older and knowing a little more, my daughter is more into them.
We love to look at everybody's horses. We found pictures on the internet of Gypsy Horses, we think they are just gorgeous. We have visited my mother and the local fair and pet a number of horses.

We have a lot more to learn about horses, but we will never stop dreaming and hope to one day have a horse of our own."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Mona Tucker, (Mummie #4477) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Recipes badge.

"In 1996, my mother and I put together a family cookbook. Over the years, I have collected many more recipes from family and friends, so last summer, I began in earnest to completely re-do the family cookbook. At each reunion or holiday, I asked for favorite recipes. I have collected recipes from church members and people I work with. I purchased software and typed in all the recipes, but I'm not happy with how it prints, so that step will have to wait a bit.

I have a total of 280 recipes. I hope to have it all put together in time for Christmas."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Emily Plunkett, (#4276) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"This spring I got myself 4 chicks that were about 1 week old. The girls are named after the Golden Girls: Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia. I got them just over 5 months ago and I got my first eggs 2 weeks ago. I built a small coop using plans from catawbacoops.com. I recently added self designed run attachment to give the girls more space to peck and dig. The girls are cooped at night and while I'm at work, but free range all weekend and evenings. I searched around the various feed stores to find organic feed, to no avail. I had to settle for the best looking mix. They really don't eat a lot of the feed, they prefer to eat grasshoppers (and I saw one eat a snake just the other day) and they get plenty of organic veggies from my garden. They love cherry tomatoes, and this year, I just can't eat them fast enough, so there's plenty for the birds. They've also discovered a wild grape vine that they are now addicted to. I believe that my small flock qualifies me for the Beginner Level of Backyard Farmer.

2-3 eggs a day and happy hens. I'd say it turned out well."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I spent time going again through all my cleaners & a time for change again. Mostly due to my allergies & my hubby's sensitivities, I wanted to go one step farther & get rid of cleaning products & making my own. So with my hubby's knowledge of chemicals & my research, we are going to make our own cleaners, lotions, etc. Then I went online & found newer recipes with simple directions. I made the dishwasher soap, & olive with aloe lotion. Also I'm going to make the liquid laundry soap, when this gallon is empty--which will be any day now.

The dishwasher soap is GREAT! It cleaned the dishes much better & without the smell of fragrances. The lotion I'd made before & love it! I ran out, so had to make some more anyway (Kiss My Face added oat germ to it's new formula & I'm allergic to oats!! I'd used it for 25 years before they changed it with loving my skin tone & touch!)"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Self-sufficiency badge.

"I got our my dehydrator & did some basil for use in the winter. Then I made up a batch of MJ's spice blends & placed them in jars. I'm planning on giving them to our son for Christmas, as he loves to grill & smoke foods. I've used the spice blends in various ways for us--love the carribean one for a rub on chicken!!

As you can see in the picture, the mixes fit perfectly & I can't wait to give them away!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I've gotten rid of all my plastics & have gone to glass containers, baking dishes, etc. But I needed to clean out my cupboard & reorganize it. Thanks for the encouragement!

All straight & organized. And I did the rest of my cupboards!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Paula McConnell, (mcseitz #4492) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Spirit badge.

"I just did this over the weekend! Every year the hubby and I host a "Lughnasadh Party" to celebrate our farm, local food and friends. This year I really outdid my farmgirl self and organized a potluck featuring local and homegrown foods culminating in a bonfire and home-made blueberry ice cream. All party-goers received a Have-a-hank bandana a small pail to go blackberry or blueberry picking. It was a great time.

It turned out wonderfully! I can't wait to do it again. :)That's me on the right of the "pigtail girls."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Jodi Chen, (Prairie Princess #4440) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I was thinking about this merit badge for a few days before I actually started completing the requirements for the Beginner Level. Since I sew, and have a few sewing kits around already, I wanted this sewing basket to be very fun and very personal. By the time I sat down to assemble my kit, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I have a little picnic basket that used to hold a miniature porcelain tea set I received for Christmas one year as a little girl (probably when I was 7 or 8). It's the perfect size to house my sewing kit, and has lots of charm and sentimental value. After I pulled that out, I went to making my pinkeep just for this basket. Using a remnant of fabric that I've been stashing for a couple years (love the print, but haven't had the perfect small project for it before this), I used antique thread and antique floss to create the basic pincushion. I embellished it with a yo yo and a button from my husband's grandmother's stash. Then I decided the straight pins going into the kit needed some love, too... using a hot glue gun, I attached swarovski crystals, pearls, and heart-shaped beads to the tops of the pins. The inspiration for those were vintage hat pins. Finally, I started filling my basket with the pinkeep & pins, an array of vintage thread on wooden spools, scissors, buttons, tape measure, thimble, safety pins, needles, and needle threader.

I love the finished kit! It is personal, charming, and is perfect for carrying along for a stitching project on the go. It has the elements of an heirloom kit... something I'd be proud to hand on to my future daughters."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (Annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I learned how to quilt. I learned about cutting, piecing, batting and putting it all together.

I chose a quilt pattern that I wanted to make and when I finished I gave it to my sister-in-law.

It turned out pretty well. I worked and got all the points to match.

I was happy with the colors I chose and with the border sizes."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (Annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Quilting badge.

"I became a member of the Stitchin Sisters and learned how to quilt. I started out by making quilts with just the squares and borders. I then attempted 2 more difficult quilts.

One is Trip Around the World and the other was a Mystery Quilt.

I have given both quilts to my granddaughters.

The Trip Around the World quilt turned out really well, I think. My granddaughter adores it.

The Mystery quilt was quite a challenge and some of the points were a little off. I will attempt to do another one soon.

My other granddaughter loves it anyway as the colors are her favorites."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Shanda Lord, (shanda #4233) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I knitted a dishcloth for the beginner level, actually 3 dishcloths. (to fullfill the time requirement) One I sent off to a farmgirl swap, one I gave as a gift, and the other is pictured here. I also sat down with my daughter and taught her to knit a potholder.

Beautifully. And I had a good time with my daughter to boot!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Shanda Lord, (shanda #4233) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I crochet a front panel and a back panel, then used a half double stitch to "sew" them together, making a pillow. (I still have to make the pillow insert) I taught my daughter to crochet round coasters for our living room.

Lovely. I'm in a new home with new decor and I need pillows. I think I'll make more of them!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  2:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I started learning to crochet again in January. It's coming back to me. I'm teaching a young lady with disabilities to crochet and to my surprise she is doing really well.

My 1st scarf turned out OK, but I still need to keep practicing."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  2:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I went a local knit shop and met up with some friends. I crocheted this scarf.
We are now going to meet on a monthly basis.

I really like the scarf and pattern. The yarn was a gift from my mother and it's beautiful!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  2:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Scrapbooking badge.

"I finished my son's Boy Scout album. He has had his Eagle Scout for a time, but I finally finished it!

He was very happy with the way it turned out and that I finally gave it to him, so I am happy. Another project done. Now I have to finish my other son's album."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  2:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level First Aid badge.

"Because I was an emergency preparedness and first aid Merit Badge Counselor in the Boy Scouts, I have all my first aid kits done. I keep what is called a "Bug out Kit" (an emergency kit with meds, a list of allergies, phone numbers, $20.00, flash light, soap, tooth brush, pen and paper, foil, granola bars, etc.) As well as a first aid bag in my car, trailer and home. I also keep a first aid and bug out kit for my dog. If my dog is with me and I get stuck somewhere, she will need her special food, water, coat etc. We check our smoke detector 2 times a year, when daylight savings changes.

My first aid kit has come in handy many times. I keep my bug out kit in a fanny pack in my car so I can grab it and go. It keeps my hands free."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  2:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I've been using my bags for years. I have one small sack in my purse, one in the car and the large ones in my car.

It works great for me!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  3:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Hatton, (Farmerette of Kristina Nelson, FieldsofThyme #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Make It Pretty badge.

"In art class I learned how to use both watercolors and acrylic paints. I learned different techniques to paint for different shades or styles.

I visited the Black Swamp Arts Festival, and in the past have participated in art walks in Michigan. I participated in actual art shows also, with my own art of various mediums.

My watercolor and acrylic skills have made me love painting. I think that I'm most creative with a paintbrush in my hands. You'd be surprised by how much I can surprise myself!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  3:47:18 PM  Show Profile
Becky Johnson, (BeckyBoop #4159) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner, intermediate and expert level Blogging badge.

"I started my homeschooling blog in the spring/summer of 2007 when began home educating my three kids. The kids and I chose the name "Golden Acorn Homeschool" because our hope is that they will grown from tiny acorns into mighty oaks.

My blog has become a niche blog, covering mostly homeschooling with the Charlotte Mason method. I have personalized my own look for my blog, including my logo bird on a tree branch.

I have written 597 posts to date, most with pictures. I added my blog to the Mary Jane blogroll when I signed up. The address is www.beckyboop.wordpress.com

I also have a facebook networking page for my blog and I am part of several other networking sites among homeschool bloggers.

I was able to find the book at my local library so I have taken the last few weeks to read through it. I must confess, I have been blogging in some form or another for more than 10 years, so I didn't find anything new in the book, but the photo illustrations were very nice and her tips were useful. I imagine would be very helpful for someone just beginning.

It's wonderful! I am very encouraged by the feedback I receive and I know I am helping other moms on the journey as well as keeping family and friends informed about what we are doing. I average between 200 and 600 hits per day. My science lesson plans are usually my most popular posts. :-)"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page