Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Janie Edwards, (janiee #390) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"I have been the family historian for some time now. When my father was alive, I used to interview him about his life before mom (World War II) and I have interviewed my mom about her life with her 9 siblings. My grandmother use to tell me stories about her life as a young girl and sneaking off to get married at 18 (in 1923). This past weekend I took my 84 year mother to visit her 85 year old sister who is now the oldest and got her to tell me more stories about her youth. Since I don't have any children I plan on writing a book using their information for my many cousins.

It was fun. I started this in 1980 and have continued on with it to present day."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:55:41 AM  Show Profile
Leah McCoy, (Lyndell #4236) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I went through the tupperware cabinet and sorted through all of the containers. I matched each container to a lid and recycled the ones that were missing a top or bottom, or had become warped or stained from use.

I moved in with my partner earlier this year. The kitchen is long overdue for re-organization, as we've blended two households together. This was a great place to start--I reduced the amount of unnecessary containers we had and am happy that they're no longer stuffed haphazardly in the cupboard!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Colina Washburn, (rubyleesmom #3408) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"To earn this badge I watched the very sad trailer on www.vanishingbees.com, read The Secret Life of Bees (which I loved) and planted Zinnias in our garden because I read that that is one of the plants that the bees like!

I would love to have the chance to see the Vanishing Bees documentary soon... it looked very interesting. I enjoyed reading The Secret Life of Bees as well. And the zinnias will hopefully be blooming soon!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:58:06 AM  Show Profile
Cassidy Horne, (fromscratchhomemadelife #4371) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I taught myself using youtube.com to crochet! I have started a granny square afghan that is turning out beautifully. I have taught my mother-in-law the basics to starting her very own afghan and gave her a crochet hook and yarn for practice.

I'm still working on the afghan, but I have definitely worked on it for more than 3 hours total. I'm excited to learn crochet because I thought I could never figure it out. I watched a video on youtube several times and it really helped me tons!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Summer Vaught, (summer girl #4472) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Action badge.

"Right now most of the state of Texas is in water restrictions. My town's only source of water is the Llano river. The city of Llano owns the water rights to our river and have in the past erected a dam to catch and store water for town use. The city council is responsible for the river's maintenance. Specifically the city manager is responsible. I have herd that this person flatly refuses to do anything to maintain the river, flood gates or dam that keep this town from going dry in these hard times. As a result the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) see our water as untapped recourses for their clients down river from us. I can not and will not sit idly by as others try to steal our water, our life blood, from under our noses. A group of concerned citizens is gathering to try to help maintain the river. I have decided to help any way I can.

After unofficially meeting with a few members of this group , the Llano River Committee, I have learned that they have been given a booth at the towns heritage days celebration to present alternative ways to gather water. Some members of the Llano River Committee know how to put together a state of the art rain water collection system with all the bells and whistles. I have been asked to gather information on how to do rain water collection “on the cheap”. I will also help put together visual aides and man the booth on the big day (Oct 20)."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Denise Meister, (Denisemgm #1976) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I made a sampler by making 1.5 inch squares (approx) and stitched a new stitch in every box.

Some of stitches I learned were fly stitch, Japanese stem, woven spider wheel, whipped running, fishbone, pekingese knot, German knotted blanket stitch and several more.

Most of the stitches worked out fine, though some were harder. It's a great lesson on the many different kinds of stitches available.

I didn't frame it, but made a pillow instead as my 12-year-old daughter asked if she could have it and wanted a pillow more than a wall hanging."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  12:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I've been cross-stiching since my children were young. My oldest is now 26. I usually just buy a pattern and go from there. For this merit badge I went online and read how to figure out the finished size for a project. Since I love to quilt, I made a quilt block sampler.

I love the way this project turned out. I hung it next to my Great-Grandmothers first project. Her family didn't have much money, so she learned how to cross-stitch on a burlap. It's dated '1883'."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  12:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Basketry badge.

"I took a pine needle basketry class. It took me 4 hours to complete this very small basket.

It turned out ok. I need a lot of practice. Maybe make bigger basket."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  12:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Service badge.

"I’ve been volunteering for many years. I started with “MOPS” a mothers group, then B.S.A., volunteering in my children’s classroom and I work on the “Sandy Historical Society Quilt Show”. I am now getting involved with the “Antfarm” (WOAPE). An organization for the youth ages 14-26 in Sandy, OR. They provide an art media center, tutoring, a community garden, and soon a juice bar and bakery. I was asked to help with a “Career Center”. Where the youth can find a career, write resumes, cover letters and learn how to “Network”. I have met with the director many times and I will write a proposal so we can have an idea of what it’s going to take to get this going.

I love this organization. I think it makes for a stronger community when the community gets involved with their youth."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (Annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Safe Toys badge.

"I made five bean bags using various color an patterns of cotton fabric. I used rice as a filling and painted on the faces of the animals. I made a cat, pig, rabbit, and dog. I then took the bean bags and donated them to a shelter.

The patterns I used were really easy to sew. I was happy that the shelter was so glad to get them."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (Annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Safe Toys badge.

"I designed and made this doll for niece who has been very close to her uncle, my husband. I chose to make him brushing his teeth because that is one of the things she remembers him doing when she spends the night at our house. I chose cotton fabrics and some fleece for the shirt.

I think it turned out quite well. My niece was thrilled to get the doll and really laughed especially at the glasses and mustache. She said it looked so much like her uncle."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (Annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Safe Toys badge.

"I made the topsy turvy doll using cotton fabrics. I painted the faces with fabric paint and the hair is made of yarn. I gave this doll to my next door neighbor little girl.

The little girl next door is so happy with the doll. During the day she has the wide awake side with the red print dress. At night, she told me, she turns it to the sleeping girl with the yellow dress. I am very happy that she likes the doll. I had a lot of fun making this one."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"My neighbor went to Texas for her job on June 18th. I have continued to take care of her dogs and horse daily by feeding, watering, haying and giving love and attention. I did this until August 10th. I put in over 25 hours taking care of everything that she needed done at her farm.

I took her some of my enchilada casserole when she came home so that she did not have to worry about cooking her first night back. "

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge.

"I made my first full apron over the weekend. It was pretty easy to make.

I am going to make some half and full aprons to give as Christmas gifts this year."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I went through my cabinets and got rid of all the cleaners that are not green. I made a pledge that I will only use green cleaners in my house. I also started a journal with green ideas.

This turned out great. I am able to clean with out harming anyone or upsetting nature."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I have started cleaning my house with out using toxic cleaners. I use Borax as a stain remover. I clean my windows with vinegar and water. I clean my sink with baking soda and vinegar, and clean the cabinet tops with vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

Going green is so easy and does not have to cost a lot."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Farmgirl Grammar badge.

"I have responded to many posts in the Farmgirl Chatroom. I make sure that I use excellent grammar and spelling.
I have been discovering new words daily for an additional two weeks.
I also read the book Woe Is I: The Grammarphobe’s Guide to Better English in Plain English, by Patricia T. O’Conner.
I have posted my newly learned words on my blog site. http://countrygirlforever-deborah.blogspot.com

I love learning the meaning and use of new words."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Let's Get Physical badge.

"I joined the local YMCA. I have gone to a couple of Zumba classes and hope to do more classes there. I also have a goal to cut down on the amount of soda I drink.

I have enjoyed the zumba classes I have taken. They are fun but also a workout."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Bustin' Out badge.

"I raised the following things in my garden this year- strawberries, mustard greens, arugula, and green beans. I am trying to eat more organic foods instead of store boughten items.

Home grown fruits and vegetables always taste so much better than store bought food."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  1:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I went to www.wilton.com/decorating to learn about cake-decorating basic such as filling the decorating bag, correct decorating bag position, using couplers. I also read all the categories under the Decorating Cakes section.

I can't wait until I put together my own cake-decorating kit and try to decorate cakes."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  2:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Theresa Atkinson, (#1632) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"For my beginners level quilting badge I made these quilt coasters. In order to meet the time requirements I made three.

I love them. They work great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  2:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters, (silver3wings #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"I disconnected for the weekend. I was solo camping. So, I did check in daily to keep my mother from worrying herself completely to death.

I was surprised both at how difficult it was (I live and work on the computer. So, I had to relearn how to entertain myself again.), and by how much I needed it. I spent the time reading Gulliver’s Travels. It was great!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters, (silver3wings #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Outstepping badge.

"I was a Girl Scout, and have been on many camping trips. So, I already knew how to make a safe campfire. Just to be sure I made a few on a recent camping trip to make sure I remembered how. Getting a photo of the state bird was easy as they are plentiful near my home. It took a long time, however, to get a photo of the state tree. They are being troubled by a parasitic bug around these parts. I did find a stand of them for a photo on a property I was hoping to purchase. I went hiking on a new-to-me trail in Brown County State Park, one at Monroe Lake, and one in Yellowwood State Park. I also found a trail near my home that leads down to the local creek.

It took me a long time to earn this badge because my doctor had me on a no exercise rule for a while, but it was a lot of fun. I really love the outdoors, and this gave me the bug to do more outdoor adventures."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  2:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Patty Byrd, (Thebyrdhaus #1840) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"It is so hard for farm families to leave the farm when occasions arrive that have been unforeseen. My cousin and her family had to leave to be with her daughter in another state. I offered to take care and feed the donkeys, goats and chickens while they were away.

I haven't spent much time with donkeys and I found they are wonderful characters! It was a pleasant week. This was the first time the entire family were able to go away together and they were uneasy about the situation. I am sure the family we be able to leave again and feel they will not need worry about their farm."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  3:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Tami Linamen, (#4029) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a intermediate level First Aid badge.

"I attended a first aid re-certification program June 21, 2012. It was put on by our local hospital.

I did talk to the sisterhood chapter I attend. We meet once a month."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page