Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  1:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer (dmeyer, #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level 3 R's Rule (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“I keep my tools sharp by filing them with a file when needed. I also store them when they are not being used in my shed. Our group got together and made garden markers by hole punching tin lids.

Making the garden markers at our Farmgirl meeting was a lot of fun. We plan on working on different badges at each meeting.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Smith (kristina72, #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I contacted my local waste service provider to inquire about the recycling services that they provide.

I was provided the website address that contained information about their recycle services. At the site I learned that they will accept certain plastics (1 and 2), aluminum, glass, steel, tin, paper and cardboard for recycling. I also learned what their cleaning requirements are for the containers and size limitations for the cardboard.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We have recycling pick-up in front of our house every week. We have been using this service all along, but I went back to review the guidelines for recycling in our area. I found that I was putting some things in the recycling that didn't belong... oops! I didn't realize that our facility does not accept colored glass! I am glad that I researched recycling in our area.

I now post a list of items that can and cannot go into the recycling bin. I also learned that our town has an electronic waste recycling bin at the Town Hall. I just dropped off an old VHS player, digital camera and bases to the kids' humidifiers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I have been recycling for many years. I set up a recycling station for my house. We can put all our papers, plastic, metal and glass in the same bin, so I have a big bin for those items. I also included a smaller bin for electronic recycling, which we can turn in at the town hall, and a battery recycling bin.

I now have an organized "recycling center" at my home instead of having bins all over the place with a list of what is acceptable to go in what bin.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“There were a few organizations that I considered helping out in my community for this badge. I started a journal and wrote down which ones I could impact the most with my skill set and time. As a certified teacher, I decided to help out our church's AWANA program. I signed up to teach the 3 year old class. This gave me the chance to do two things I am passionate about, teaching and sharing my faith. I donated over 50 hours this year to teaching that program. It was great to volunteer with the kids and teach them about God, but it also gave their parents a chance to attend adult classes, which are held at the same time.

I love working with the children. There are many kids that go to the AWANA program that do not go to our church. It is nice to be able to interact with them and have a positive impact on their lives. I am also glad that I am able to give the parents of these children the time to go to their own adult bible classes. As a parent I know how little time there is to fit in a group Bible study.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Organic on a Budget Merit Badge!

“We ordered MaryJane's Budget Mix in bulk and have been using several times a week! I have always planned my meals a week at a time to save time and money. I planned and budgeted meals for one month, starting in the middle of April to the middle of May. We also shopped the organic section and perimeter of the grocery store and committed to buying locally grown meat and produce at the local bulk food store.

My parents grow beef cattle for the family and we have our own layer chickens so we had those items on hand.

I was really surprised how versatile the budget mix is. I have purchased and used it before to make BakeOvers, which I always make to take to people in our church and community that are just coming home from the hospital, but didn't try much else with it. After this month, my family also enjoyed pizza, biscuits and cupcakes. We also were able to stick to our budget by paying more attention to the food we were buying. I am looking forward to adding more locally grown produce as the farmers markets in our area start opening up!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“Cooking is not one of my family's favorite past times. My mother and grandmother both worked outside the home so there wasn't much time for cooking. Although my grandfather and mother both did a fair amount of canning. As a stay at home mom, I have a little more time to spend on this. I have been working on a recipe book with my family's favorite recipes including some canning recipes and my Great Grandmother's molasses cookie recipe.

I really enjoy cooking and baking for my family and now that I have some recipes written down and in a recipe book, I am looking forward to the next level of this badge...making books to give to others in the family.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“We started a backyard flock of chickens about a year ago. We have 5 birds that give us fresh eggs every day and some entertainment. I love going out to get the eggs every day from our chickens. I use them when I cook and bake and enjoy making fresh eggs for my family at breakfast. Our birds are so fun to watch as they go about their chicken business!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (#2494) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“One of my gardening goals for this year is to start and herb garden. To do this I needed to research what herbs I wanted to plant. I researched a bunch and decided on a few to get started with.

I wanted to plant cilantro and basil, which I use a lot in my kitchen. I also added mint and lemon balm and thyme. My herb garden is freshly planted and I am looking forward to using them and drying some this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  1:14:20 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for completing a beginner Level "Disconnect to Reconnect" Merit Badge!

"I’m doing it, hens. The impossible. The never-before attempted. The merit badge requirement that leaves me nervous, weirded out, and full of butterflies in my stomach. More than sewing, more than getting greasy with my car, more than the thought of tent camping ...

... turning off all my electronic gadgets for a day."

Earn a beginner Level "Disconnect to Reconnect" Merit Badge with MBA Jane here: www.raisingjane.org/journal/13534

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Smith (kristina72, #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-stitch Merit Badge!

“This turned out great. I tried to cross-stitch as a child but didn't have the patience to complete anything. I was looking through the Merit Badge lists and thought that this would be a good way to try again as well as have a gift item for the "Summer Surprise Swap" that I signed up for on the Farmgirl Connection site.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:47:15 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Smith (kristina72, #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I collected 6 reusable bags for shopping and committed to use them on my shopping trips. I have a variety colors and sized what will serve several purposes on my shopping trips.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:51:16 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I researched what I can recycle at the recycling center, via curbside recycling, and in complexes within my city.

Curbside recycling in my area is pretty great. A person has pretty much all the recycling options. The recycling center for the county has most options available and even has a sidewalk reuse area where folks can drop off items for others to pick up for free. Complexes have to purchase recycling dumpster service. My complex offers recycling for everything except glass.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:52:53 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I have bins in the kitchen and in the office to collect recycling except for glass. My complex does not accept glass. The glass items I bag up and take to the county recycling center.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Green Energy Merit Badge!

“I checked with my local power company about the sources for power in my area, and I posted in the "Here's to Your Health" forum about my search for comparisons between the different sources of energy.

My power company uses a mixture of coal, nuclear, natural gas, oil, wind, solar, biopower, and landfill gas to produce power. It can be overwhelming to look at the pros and cons of each and try to find the best solution, and what is best may depend on location and individual needs. The most important thing is that we all do what we can do.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“We host a game night for ourselves and a few of our "chosen family." We do this once a week, and often we play a game that they group has helped create themselves. We also read to each other from our favorite books.

I'm always a fan of reading to one another. My parents instilled in me a great love of reading. Game nights have been a blessing for all of us. It has been a great bonding experience that we plan to continue.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:19:09 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I ordered a copy of my family's cookbook. Fortunately, all my family's favorite recipes were gathered together in one place via a family cookbook. Now, I have a copy of that cookbook that I can add to in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever! Merit Badge!

“I chose several heirloom seeds to plant in my garden. Most of the seeds I planted were heirlooms, in fact. I also read "Gardening with Heirloom Seeds: by Lynn Coulter

I'm blessed to have easy access to lots of heirloom seeds through a local supplier. This allowed me to plant mostly heirlooms. The book gave me ideas for many more I would like to try. Now, I just need more space!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I identified five herbs and tried at least one.

My favorite herb is dandelion, and it is used to support the liver and gall bladder. I find the leaves to be a bit too bitter. So, I use the tincture or the tea.

Other herbs include ginkgo for improved blood circulation to the brain; Valerian for insomnia caused by one's mind racing; ginseng and rhodiola for energy and stress management.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:29:38 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I researched the benefits of regular relaxation, and took 5 minutes out of my day for relaxation techniques. I noticed that consciously relaxing my body every day helped to keep my stress levels manageable.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  4:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I meditated for 10-15 minutes every day for two weeks. I've decided that I really need daily meditation as a regular practice in my life. It really helps me to be a more peaceful person.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Ciara Neill (infinite_wallflower, #5005) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I researched birds that are native to Colorado. I created a little chart of the bird along with its name. I put a bird cage clip art on the ones I want to see in person!

Just by the few I researched I was amazed at how much little detail can make a difference. If they are flying, I am sure it is even harder to identify the bird. Bird watching seems much harder than I originally thought.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Norma Hart (njhart, #1661) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“In the afternoon, sitting with my friend Maryann teaching her how to knit, I realized I had not made something for my beginners level. Therefore using a cotton yarn and #8 needles, I followed a pattern in a small booklet to make a dishcloth. It took a couple times to get the gauge right. Starting at 5:30pm I was so close to finishing at bedtime, I continued until 10:30pm to complete it.

For the first time making a knitted dishcloth I am pleased as to how it come out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Whittney Chaney (neenee, #3203) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“I chose to make oatmeal pies. I made oatmeal cookies with whipping cream in the middle. They turned out great, moist cookies and the whipping cream was light an fluffy with just enough sweetness.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Whittney Chaney (neenee, #3203) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“My other two unprocessed foods are potato chips and sweet potato chips. They were good, the sweet chips I sliced them too thin and the edges burn a little. The potato chips didn't get crispy enough. I did them in the oven. I will try them again.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page