Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  4:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Smith (Forever Young, #1815) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I have discovered through taking a Journaling class that writing in my Journal calms me. If I am stressed out, taking 15 min. or more and writing everything down, helps so much. As I write I can feel the stress or worries ease from my body.

I go to a quite place and write, sometimes I write one page, other times it can 4 or 5 pages. I free write about what ever is on my mind at the time.

My favorite time and place to write in my Journal is early mornings, sitting on the front porch enjoying coffee and nature.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  4:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Smith (Forever Young, #1815) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Self Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I learned how to dry Basil, Thyme and Dill.

I created three different spice blends from MaryJane's Idea book. I made the following; Thai Flavor blend, Mediterranean Blend, Indian Blend. I used the herbs I could that I had grown and harvested, the rest I already had.

I packaged the blends in baggies with a tag and instructions on using them. I gave them as a gift to my Sister. She is beginning to experiment and cook, Mediterranean foods. She loved the gift and is looking forward to cooking with them.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by making the pictured afghan. I actually started this project over a year ago and have picked it up and put it down many times. I have worked on it in the company of others as well as on my own.

I am really happy with how it came out!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Christina Marsden (#4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I have determined to get more exercise and keep myself more in shape. Over the winter I started to exercise every day. For more than 2 months I have been doing exercises.

The exercising was good in many ways. It kept me more active than I would have been, plus it helped get me in a little better shape than I had been in. This is something I seriously need to keep going on.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I have been wanting to get rid of all plastic storage items in my kitchen for quite some time. Deciding to work on this badge helped me to finally take that huge step. I went through every cabinet and drawer and took everything out that was plastic. I did keep 3 silicone utensils. My goal was to utilize all non-plastic storage containers in my kitchen. I have some stainless steel storage containers and a couple old pyrex containers. So I basically got rid of all items that I no longer felt confident with in regards to our health and will only be using glass and stainless steel from now on. I decided to recycle the plastic items with my local recycler. I did not want to pass on that possible danger with someone else.

I love that I now have so much extra space in my cabinets. They are also finally better organized and easier to find what I am looking for. We dropped off all of the plastics at the recycler and my husband and I feel so much better.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I cleaned out all of my cabinets in the morning ... the beginner aspects. I then sat down in the evening and looked at what I had and what I would like to add to my storage options. My list consisted of about 6 - 10 possible containers of varying sizes. My husband and I decided to hit several thrift stores over the rest of the weekend.

My husband and I went to only a couple of thrift stores.

Our town has 5 just on our town square alone. I was able to find pyrex mixing bowls with lids for $10.00. I then also found 4 corning ware items with the glass lids for another $10.00. So for $20.00 I was able to stock my kitchen with the remaining items in the sizes that we tend to use more often. I love that we were able to recycle someone else's items into our kitchen and we saved money buying used over brand new.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“My husband taught me how to sharpen our knives and even our scissors on an electric rotary sharpening tool that he has in his workshop. He also taught me how to utilize a whetstone with a little oil on it. I was able to sharpen several knives and scissors that we use most often. I wasn't that confident in the techniques though. It just seemed nerve wracking to me. I went on Pinterest and searched for knife sharpening techniques and came upon one that I fell in love with. The tools required are your knife or scissors and a ceramic mug. You need one that has exposed ceramics on the bottom of the mug. Basically ceramic that has not been glazed. Holding the blade at a 40 degree angle run the extent of the blade across the ceramic piece.

I found a technique that I felt confident working with and all of my knives and scissors now have sharp blades. I feel that my new technique that I learned from Pinterest is ingenious.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“My husband and I both worked on this badge. We completed this task at his sisters house with her families bicycles. We live in a very rural area and our neighbors are older people and our roads are dirt. No one rides around here. We arranged for us to bring our bicycles up to their house and work on their bikes with them. My husband worked on a couple issues with gears. After he was completed he let me kick in with my ideas and techniques on maintaining their bicycles. I showed them how to clean their gears and braking system and how to keep their chains and gear items well oiled.

We worked on 5 bicycles all together. It was fun to get together with family and to share in a fun hobby. They had not used their bikes in years. They needed quite a bit of cleaning and fixing. Now they know how to maintain from here and it also reminded them how much fun they used to have riding. They are in the process of changing their lifestyles to become healthier. This activity will help them with their goals.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I have actually been working on this for years. I have a membership with Ancestry.com and have been working on my family tree. I interviewed the eldest of my family in 2002 and was able to obtain so much information. I am finished with my family. I have just recently started working with my mother-in-law for the research for my husbands family tree. I was able to talk with his Great Aunt recently and kept written notes of the conversation. I was amazing what she remembers. Her health is failing, but she really was sharp and in tune with the history of her family. I was able to sit down and discuss with my father-in-law about his family. Due to a horrific event in that family, my father-in-law no longer associates with his family. This break happened in 1989.

With the information that my husbands Great Aunt provided for me, I was able to pick up a trail on Ancestry.com. It was the same with my father-in-laws family. We did come to a halt within a couple of generations with his side of the family. I am not going to cross the broken line with his family for genealogical information. I agree with their break and cannot bring myself to have an association with them. I was also able to find a family Bible that records back to the mid-1800's. It was so exciting to find that.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I printed out all of the information that I had recorded in Ancestry.com for all 4 aspects of our family. I then went on line and researched through the National Archives to try to find any other information. I was able to find several dates of my grandfathers service in the U. S. Army. My grandfather on my mother's side passed away when she was 10 and they did not have any information. So this was fun to find.

Looking on the National Archive pointed me in the direction of my grandfathers side of the family. I found an aunt of my mother that is still alive. She gave me her daughters information and I talked with her. She was not receptive at all with sharing any of her genealogical information with me. I am finding that people do not want to share data....which is really puzzling to me. My mother said that she wasn't surprised and asked me to let it rest so I am.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“When I saw that I had quite a bit of information gathered for my husband's family. I decided to invite them over this weekend to share the information and to have a family BBQ. We all live in different areas so not all could come up, but we did have 15 people. This weekend on Sunday it was Parent's Day, so this was timed well. I shared with them what I found with my mother-in-laws family. Everyone knew that we would not be discussing my father-in-laws family, but I did get information regarding his Marine Corps active duty time and shared it and he was so excited that I found it.

I am mixed over all that I found and shared. I can honestly say that all families have their issues and skeleton's in their closets. Some don't want to know anything about their families pasts and some think that it is great for about 5 minutes. I discovered that people that work with genealogical research has a definite passion. I did it for my niece because her mother (my sister) passed away 9 years ago and her father passed away 12 years ago and was adopted in Italy. She felt that she didn't know who she was. She stated that she feels better knowing some of her history. That was my goal and we attained it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Ann Woody (Ann Woody, #4665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I went to the Wilton internet store and purchased enough supplies for basic cake creating. For Mother`s Day 2014 I created a cake for an elderly lady whose children have little to do with her.

I used an antique plate of the Hazel pattern as the cake plate and then used the plate as inspiration for the decorations. I did this freehand. I felt that the combination was a pretty combination.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Ann Woody (Ann Woody, #4665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I contributed a cake to a local church Halloween festival. I used a Wilton Dancing Daisy Pan and several tips.

It was a bit colorful but after all it was Halloween. It turned out to be a preteen girl`s chosen cake and from the look on her face she was very happy with it. So happy in fact that I will try to make another cake for this coming Halloween festival.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Ann Woody (Ann Woody, #4665) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I live in a rural area and there is no curbside recycling. I called all the recycling co. listed in my phone book. They only take metal. Closest full recycling center is 2 hour round trip.

The full recycling center is close to where my MJ chapter meets. Due to the distance it is only practical to go monthly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Ann Woody (Ann Woody, #4665) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I already had a compost tumbler but it was on uneven ground making it hard to turn so I got DHubby to move it to a cement pad. I saved my milk jugs, cans and catalogs for two weeks.

Compost tumbler is now easy to turn even when full. I decided to simply separate my recyclables in large black plastic bags and use the same ones over and over.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Ann Woody (Ann Woody, #4665) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I reviewed the site www.eatwild.com and read Mary Jane`s article on the importance of organic beef. Commercially raised beef are fed animal by products and routinely given antibiotics and hormones. Traces of these are transferred to us.

Organic meat is tastier and much healthier. When possible I will obtain my meat either from the farmer or organic store. There are two within 50 miles of where I live.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  4:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Emilie Nicklawsky (hereigoagain52, #1625) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“About 2 years ago I picked-up my husband's Nikon D80 that he had bought to take action photos of our teenage son (but had just been lying in a drawer for over 5 years) I photo-copied page by page the owner's manual teaching myself how to use that camera.

Almost a year ago I bought myself a used professional camera (Nikon D700). Although a lot of the functions are similar, it's still a large format camera (which took a bit of adjustment) In April I took Elisha Snow's Photography 101 class from 'Big Picture Scrapbooking'.It was a 6 week course. I made a notebook with the weekly handouts for a reference. My favorite part of the class was the weekly videos, where Elisha showed her shooting process.

Just today I started a Flickr account and up-loaded 10 of my most recent pictures.

I wished I had taken a course when my boys were kids, because my pictures would have been so much better. I think my composition is improving. BTW...I love digital, because with film you always had to pay for the crummy pictures you took.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  4:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Bernadette Saliski (IamOnlyOneBS, #5957) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Although I have a large collection of buttons already I didn't use any of them to complete this badge. I was out shopping with my daughter and some of our favorite stops are the different thrift stores in town. We were looking through a box of different fabrics and came across a small shoe box of cut fabric squares. I really liked all the floral patterns as well as the colors. So I bought it and when I got it home and emptied it out to sort them a bag of buttons fell out of the bottom of the box! I was so surprised because I thought I had gone to the bottom of the box and I never saw them. My daughter thinks the box had a magic bottom that made the buttons appear just when I needed them.

After sorting out any broken or damaged buttons, I cleaned them up and put them in a small canning jar with a piece of lace in place of the flat canning lid. I think it look very pretty sitting on my shelf.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  5:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Outstepping Merit Badge!

“Two weeks ago I went hiking in a new area. We love hiking around our house so we don't go a lot of new places. We did two different hikes, each about 4 miles. I finished the hiking part of this badge today by hiking in another area about an hour from our home.

We have our state bird (the Western Meadowlark), and the state tree (the Ponderosa Pine) at our house. The flower (the Bitterroot) has always been hard for me to find. I was trying to find it out in the woods but finally after looking for literally years I bought two from a local nursery to plant in my garden. They are a very interesting flower. I actually learned a lot about them from the nursery.

My dad taught me how to make a campfire when I was little and when my husband isn't around I start one but he seems to enjoy it so I usually let him.

The hiking was great. Last weekend we saw tons of wildflowers, a few deer, a smokey black wolf, and three moose. Today we saw an amazing paper wasp nest.

I am so excited to have our state flower in my own garden. I am hoping the two I bought will spread so that many will live in my garden, then I can share with my friends and neighbors.

I still remember the first time (actually years into our marriage) I started a fire when my husband was busy doing something else. He was incredulous and said something smart like, "you know how to start a fire?" I am sure I said something like 'of course.'”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  5:21:29 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level "Out There" Women Merit Badge!

“I started carrying the survival pack with me when hiking last summer. It has come in handy with the kids for scrapes and an "emergency" snack so we avoid a total kid breakdown.

I grew up learning about most of the flowers and shrubs and trees I hiked around but never knew what they could be used for. This winter I bought a book all about the edible and medicinal plants in the rockies. This weekend I made sure to find plants that were useful. I found oregon-grapes, thimbleberries, wild roses, sagebrush, pipsissewa, beargrass, stonecrop, dandelions, arrow-leaf balsamroot, and cow parsnip.

I love knowing that we will be ok in a pinch. I carried most of these things before but never in a single bag. Depending on the length of hike or the season my backpack changes so sometimes some of the survival gear would get left in some other pack in the garage. By having it all together I never leave it behind.

I had know idea that the pretty little flowers I was hiking past all these years could be useful. I was surprised that stonecrop is high in vitamin C and A. I didn't know that pipsissewa could and is used to flavor root beers and beers. It was nice to learn more about my old hiking buddies, formerly known as flowers, now known as helpers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  5:26:21 PM  Show Profile
April Choate (sonshine4u, #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“My husband declared, when we moved to our property, "I want to have bees!" I was shocked, being that he was a city boy. Seemed adventurous and crazy. I was totally on board though because I knew the benefits! He took the short course at the University of MN in the fall of 2011 and we got our first hives in 2012. During the winter the kids and I helped him put together the hives and paint them. We watched him read all these bee books like his life depended on it. I was so thankful that he wanted to do this project!

We got our bees and watched them build up comb and create their "city." I helped hold frames while he checked on the queen and looked for brood. I cheered him on when the queen from one of the hives decided to disappear. That hive had to be requeened...twice. But then the fun began in 2013 when we got to harvest the honey. Our first time harvesting was scary, but not as scary because we had helped our good friend Joe with his harvest the previous year. But being newbies, it was still a little daunting.

My friend Jan kept telling me that it was a really sticky mess and be prepared to stick to the floor by the time you're done! But the reward is so worth it. When that first comb was uncapped and just oozed honey goodness, I thought I had died and gone to heaven! When we had spun the first few frames and our 5 gallon bucket was filling up ... I was more than ecstatic! It was pure gold! Watching it filter was something that I didn't expect to be fascinating, but every part of the process was. When we were finished with all the supers, we had 7 1/2 gallons of honey! Not bad for our first harvest! I was thrilled!

Each time we had someone over we would show them how it was all done or if they were really lucky, they would be there to help with the fun. I had a farmgirl meeting all about bees and my hubby shared all his vast bee knowledge with the ladies. He brought out a frame that they could see and explained all about it. We played some bee trivia games, made lip balm with beeswax, and watched the movie, "Vanishing of the Bees." While I'm not the head beekeeper, I do enjoy helping him out and after reading all those great books about bees for the first two levels ... I'm ready to beeeeee a beekeeper for real with my hubby. Giving honey as Christmas gifts was so fulfilling this year. The look on people's faces was priceless!

I'm totally inspired to become more involved with the process. I thought I would be scared taking care of bees, but now I'm totally calm around them and love hearing them in my garden doing their job. Holding a frame in my hands with all those wiggling bodies doing their jobs is just fascinating! I love putting on the suit and helping out now. The only time I don't enjoy it is when it's super hot and then the sweat just pours down! LOL! This past winter we lost both of our hives from the extreme cold. It was a really sad discovery. We had to purchase new bees this spring. It was really expensive. I'm hoping and praying that this winter will be more favorable. We also are looking for more ways to plant more flowers in the fields that surround our hives so the bees can continue to enjoy a toxic free flower zone. I really am loving this bee experience. The honey is so good and I appreciate the bees so much more!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“Since 2010 I have been a member of the Sabine Red Hat Society. I joined them with my mother so that she could get out and do more with friends. All of the ladies of this particular chapter are all elderly and can not do very much physically. Each meeting I try to host with crafts and games. We usually always all bring a dish for lunch and then we catch up for a while and then work on the crafts and/or games. With the games, I bring little gifts that the winners of the games might enjoy. Lately they have all loved food items.

I have had such a wonderful time with these beautiful ladies. We usually always have a potluck or we go out to lunch at a local restaurant. Whether we have the potluck or go out we still have our craft times and game times. I am fortunate that several of the restaurant owners allow us to have an area that we can eat and then our activities. The ladies usually love to play Bingo ... we have great prizes with Bingo. Several of our meetings each year we choose to have our full dress up days. It is so much fun for them to dress up in any costume they want with their red hats all decorated.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  5:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“For July, I held a 4th of July Costume party for the ladies. For August, I held a Blazin' Hot Summer party.

It is easy to do a 4th of July party when we wear so much red. The ladies enjoyed adding blue and white to come up with the cutest costume. One of our ladies had on blue yoga pants, a big white belt and buckle and a loud red western shirt. She wore her red hat styled like the statue of liberty's head gear. She also had a torch that lit up and had a fan to blow silver mylar around. The Blazin' Hot Summer party was an official crossing over for several of us. We finally hit the age of 40 and graduated up to wearing Red hats and purple outfits. We used to wear Lavender outfits and pink hats. Fun was had by all. At the end of the party I then had a total of 46 hours working with these great ladies. I love to be with these women.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  2:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I completed the "Wilton Method of Cake Decorating" Course 1 Building Buttercream Skills.

The class was very interesting. It looked as if it would be very difficult to learn. As we went along in the class, the practical items that we learned were very basic, but had a dramatic effect. The contents of the kit for this class helped me to build a great basic kit. These classes and kits make this craft an easier one.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  2:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I completed "The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course 2 Flowers and Cake Design".

Another great class. Had a few difficulties making the flowers, but practice will help. I purchased the kit for the class. This added to my already started kit from the previous class. I made a 2 layer square cake...chocolate. I made vanilla buttercream. I used the Wilton icing recipe. I don't really like all of the shortening. With a number 12 tip and a spatula I made a pulled dot flower and a start tip fill in for the center of the flower. I need a little bit more practice but I am enjoying the craft.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page