Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  08:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I tried to recreate a salad recipe that we like that uses vanilla pudding, tapioca pudding and orange jello...but used the ChillOver powder instead.

I think that the recipe needs to be tweaked a bit...needed a little sugar added. I wasn't sure how sweet it would be with the juice and sherbet, so I left it out. The recipe that I shared with my henhouse girls reflects my recipe changes.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  08:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“For these 2 recipes, I wanted to create a strawberry dessert recipe similar to one that I had made with my grandma years ago. And as I am a big peach lover, the second recipe is full of peach yumminess!

I shared both of my fruity dessert recipes on our henhouse Merit badge page.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  08:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Home Insulation Merit Badge!

“Our house has been added onto over the years. It was originally built in the early 1950's by my husband's great grandmother. he original part of the house which includes the kitchen, den, 3 bedrooms and bathroom had little to no insulation in the walls and floors. The walls were made of pumice block and some ground vermiculite was used for insulation, which was popular back in the 40's and 50's. NOT a well-insulated home at that point. The middle section, which is the big room, was added on in the late 60s. It has 2x4 walls with batting insulation, 4" of ceiling insulation and nothing in the floor. A bit better but not good by a long shot. The last part was added on in the early 90s. It includes the dining room, upper bedroom and bathroom. It has 2x6 walls with batting insulation, 6" of ceiling insulaton and nothing in the floor. At this time, we took out the floor heater that was in the old part of the house and put in a heat pump/AC system for the entire house.

We've now replaced all of the windows in the house. It was so nice to get rid of those old, turn crank windows in the old part. We have awoken on several winter mornings to bedroom windows covered in ice...on the inside!!! We went with a JeldWen window that was recommended by a local builder. They are double pane and tinted. They have an R Value of 7.73 in winter, which keeps out the cold and the heat in the summer.

Currently, our local power co-op offers several incentives for upgrading house weatherization, from replacing windows, un-insulated exterior doors; ceiling, floor and wall insulation; duct and air sealing; and upgrading to a ductless heat pump program.

Through this process, I've been sharing with and learning from our neighbor, who is also the builder, on which products would be the most efficient for our house and also our daughter and son in law, who are currently building a new home themselves.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  08:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Home Insulation Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I went around my home with a burning incense and checked all doors and windows for air leakage.

I was very surprised! I thought we would have an issue with air tightness in some parts of the house but all checked out!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  08:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Home Insulation Merit Badge!

“For this badge, we had our attic insulated. We hired a local company to have insulation blown into our attic, different depths, depending on the area, but averaging 14".

We've noticed a warmer home and less energy to keep it that way in the winter.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm, #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“Let me preface this with something about myself. I am an adopted person, so although I was raised by my mom who has an Italian heritage, I don't consider it "my culture" since we didn't get raised with any traditional Italian values or in that culture at all. I'm also only very slightly (3%) Italian per my genealogy. Because of this, I'm very excited to start learning about this culture.

I got my information from: https://www.europassitalian.com/learn/history/

Italian is a language based in Latin roots. It began in the 5th century after the fall of the Roman Empire. From the start of the 13th century large amounts of literature, and especially poems, began to be published in regional Italian. Yet despite this, the Italian language as we know it today is the result of a long process of evolution and debates, which began in the 1600s, over what the correct form of the language should be. Firstly, for centuries up until the Unification of Italy in 1861, the country was divided into a number of different states, which were usually under foreign rule. When Italy was united in 1861 the decision was taken to make Tuscan the official language of the country. In 1950, less than 20% of the Italian population spoke Italian fluently in their day to day to life. This was changed through introduction of unification of the language on TV.

An interesting fact: Research carried out a few years before the death of the famous Italian linguist Tullio De Mauro (1932-2017) confirmed that, in everyday conversation, around half of the population only use 3000 words.

I learned how to count to 10 in that language and how to say a traditional greeting.
une, due, tre, quattro, cinque, sei, sette, otto, nove, deici

Buon giorno! - Good Morning

So I actually learned a lot about the Italian language and the history of the language specifically. I'm learning Spanish and French so this is a great supplement.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  09:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm, #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I completed multiple challenges for reading last year, in which I read 75 books for the year. My team got 2nd place in our team reading challenge but it was virtual with people around the world so we unfortunately didn't have a party. I created a "little free library" at work, and am bringing in my books for people to read that I've finished. I also reorganized my bookshelf.

The challenges are so fun and I've signed up for more this year! I also love the look of my organized shelf. I have seen some people taking books from the free library so I think it's been going well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I've been cross stitching for 41 years! My husband bought a birth sampler the morning after our daughter was born and brought it to me at the hospital. I finished it before the baby and I came home! It was a Sunbonnet Sue on 14 ct white Aida - and I was hooked:)

I made up kits for a simple flower design which included the color chart, 14 ct Aida, floss and needles. I took them to a Women's Safe House and taught the 6 ladies there to stitch.

They didn't all take to it (fumbling fingers, a little too tedious for some), but we ALL had a good time. Those who liked it finished their little flower design and had a 'pretty' to sew onto a purse or a jacket.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:20:06 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I've stitched on most cross stitch fabrics from 10 ct Tula to 36 ct linen. I love 18 ct Anne cloth, usually kits or designs from "Dutch Treats" by Claudia Dutcher. I have learned to take stitch count on a project and calculate the finished design size on any count fabric. For this level I reconfigured a kit for a hummingbird on 18 ct Aida to 32 ct linen, matched the kit threads (which are typically lower quality) to DMC threads and changed a few colors to suit my personal preferences. Instead of a little 'flag' on a provided plastic hanger, I chose a 5x7 frame with a double mat, providing a 3x 4 1/2" opening for my stitched work. I also stitched my name and date over one in the corner - over one is so much fun!

It turned out beautifully! I used non-acidic stitching tape to adhere the fabric to the backboard. It is a beautiful addition to my collection.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“For this level I chose a design by Claudia Dutcher. It has sailboats, anchors, a ship's wheel in the very center and chains, waves & fishes on all sides of the square piece. I chose to do this on blue 18 ct Anne cloth and selected by own colors of Caron Watercolours and #5 Perle Cotton. I used Thread Heaven to condition and strengthen the fibers as I stitched. The entire edge is finished with the Nun stitch in blue #12 Perle Cotton, then fringed. This piece is 15 1/2" square and used as a table topper or doily. I hope this project will qualify for this level since I didn't actually design the stitched elements - but I did all the fabric and color selections.

I like the new color choices better than the picture. They are more coastal. It looks great on my round table.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:27:48 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I used my high school American history book, a copy of the US Constitution, a Sparks Chart of the Constitution, my own knowledge & understanding and the internet to find the answers to the questions listed.
    The supreme law of the land is the United States Constitution
    The Constitution safeguards property and life as well as provide efficient government.
    3. The idea of self-government is indicated by "We the People..."
    4. The first 10 amendments are called the Bill of Rights
    5. 2 of the freedoms listed in the 1st amendment are religion and speech
    6. The Declaration of Independence established the intent to no longer be a colony of England but a separate nation
    7. 2 rights in the Declaration are Life & Liberty
    8. Freedom of religion is contained in Article I (1st amendment) "Congress may not establish a national church, or prohibit religious observances" -- "The Story of America" 1961
    9. The economic system in the United States is capitalism. It is a mixed economic system with both free markets and centrally planned controls by the government.
    10. The rule of law is "the restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws" a government of law and not of men.

I'm enjoying this detailed review of my country's origins and its foundational documents.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:29:12 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“Again I used my high school American History book, the Constitution, the Illinois Legislative Handbook and my knowledge of current events.
    1. The 3 branches of government are Judiciary, Legislative and Executive
    2. Checks and balances from any 2 of the 3 branches or a combination keeps any one branch from becoming too powerful.
    3. The President is in charge of the executive branch
    4. The Legislative Branch makes the federal laws.
    5. The 2 parts of the US Congress are the House of Representatives and the Senate
    6. There are 2 US Senators from each of 50 states for a total of 100 Senators
    7. Senator Richard Durbin (D)and Representative Rodney Davis from Illinois
    8. The term of a US Senator is 6 years
    9. The term of a US Representative is 2 years
    10. The term of the US President is 4 years
    11. The President is the Commander in Chief of the military
    12. The President signs bills to become laws. But there is more to this procedure as well.

This was a wonderful review of how my government operates.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowbly (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“The research continues!
    1. The President vetoes bills
    2. The judicial branch interprets the Constitution
    3. The highest court in the United States is the Supreme Court
    4. There are 9 Supreme Court justices
    5. John G. Roberts if the Chief Justice
    6. 2 of the powers belonging solely to the federal government are coining money and declaring war
    7. 2 powers belonging solely to the states are schools and police protection
    8. J.B. Pritzker is the Governor of Illinois
    9. Springfield is the capitol of Illinois
    10. The 2 major US political parties are Republican and Democrat
    11. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is the current Speaker of the House of Representatives

I'm loving this! The study for this merit badge has me reading the Constitution of the United States and having a whole new appreciation for this incredible document.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Diana Grimaldo (DianaLeeG #7848) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bustin' Out Merit Badge!

“During the month of March, I grocery shopped five times, and each time purchased at least one organic fruit or vegetable. On 3/2 I purchased kale and apples. On 3/11, I got a bag of organic oranges. On 3/14, I got organic celery stalks and sliced fresh carrots, and also another bunch of fresh kale. On 3/22 I got a spaghetti squash. On 3/28, I got spring greens and whole carrots.

I have been wanting to eat organic fruits and vegetables on a more regular basis, and this prompted me to "make the move." I have not found many convenient sources for organic fresh foods, but was able to get started. I especially enjoyed the fresh kale and the oranges.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Diana Grimaldo (DianaLeeG #7848) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“I started by reading several entries in web articles on the difference between baking soda and baking powder. On 3/16/19, I made a loaf of Irish soda bread. It was coarse, crusty and a little dry. My husband and I liked it so much, I immediately made a second loaf. On 3/23 I made vegan corn bread with vegan mayonnaise, which activated the baking soda and kept the bread moist. Then I made a loaf of Oatmeal whole wheat quick bread, with baking powder, and altered the recipe to vegan with maple syrup and almond milk. It had a solid, moist center with crispy crust.

I've made all three of the breads again, since we liked them all. I made a loaf of Irish soda bread to share after church on St. Patrick's Day, and it was a hit. .I served the vegan Oatmeal whole wheat quick bread to a group of friends, and they all wanted the recipe. This bread was my favorite of the three. It had a nice texture, and was great for several days, with butter and jam.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  09:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Diana Grimaldo (DianaLeeG #7848) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“After having studied and earning a BA degree in anthropology (45 years ago - it can't be!), and seeing my daughter's pictures of Mayan ruins in Guatemala, I really enjoyed reading the book, "The True History of Chocolate." I then did additional ready on the differences in the types of chocolate, the % of cocoa and sugar in the types.

My favorite part of working on this badge was taste testing various chocolate treats from "Heather and Holly," a candy shop in Midland, Michigan. I bought dark chocolates, milk chocolates, and white chocolates. My favorite chocolate is still dark chocolate (the higher % of cocoa, the better!) with chili or orange added.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  10:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I learned how to cross stitch and crafted the piece above! It took a long time, but it was really rewarding to finish it and give it to my sister for her birthday.

I had so much fun. It took a lot of hours, and it wasn't perfect but I love learning a new skill.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2019 :  09:08:09 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I continued working with OC Read, as well as American Heart Association and California Miss Amazing.

I gave 5.5 hours to OC Reads, 4 hours to American Heart Association and 12 hours to California Miss Amazing on March 30th.

I connected with the director of our regional chapter of American Heart Association to become an Ambassador for AHA. I work on social media to promote heart health and volunteer at events in our area.

I've been keeping my Community Service Journal electronically and keeping it up to date.

I've had an incredible time volunteering. I've met so many wonderful people, and I'm officially half way to my Presidential Volunteer Service Award for the year. Working with California Miss Amazing Pageant for special needs ladies was just the most rewarding experience. It's something I hope to continue to do year after year. It was a long day, but extremely worth the time commitment. I also enjoyed volunteering at the AHA run, and meeting with Daniel the director and becoming an AHA ambassador.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2019 :  09:24:20 AM  Show Profile
Kyria Baker (Kyria #991) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“Here’s a story my 94-year-old grandmother shared with us. She was born in 1925 in Colorado. As a little girl, she and her siblings attended a one-room schoolhouse. Their mode of transportation was an old, blind mare. One day as they arrived, some of the boys mischievously ran their hoop under the horse’s nose, hoping to spook her. Quick as a wink, my grandmother hopped off the horse and laid into them with the ends of the reins, which were very long.

She must have been quite the spitfire! I could just picture the whole scene as she described it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2019 :  09:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Kyria Baker (Kyria #991) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“Birds common to my area are: northern mockingbird, red bellied woodpecker (yellow head), bright yellow goldfinch, dark-eyed junco, northern cardinal, indigo bunting, painted bunting, red-headed woodpecker, American robin, Eastern bluebird, redwing blackbird, cattle egret, Carolina wren, blue grosbeak, great blue heron, wood duck, Mexican vulture, turkey vulture, northern flicker, black-crested titmouse, rose-breasted grosbeak, roadrunner, Eurasian collared dove, red-tailed hawk, bald eagle, grackle, house sparrow, barn swallow, killdeer, brown-headed cowbird, American coot.

My wish list for my area is the red-bellied woodpecker (yellow head), bright yellow goldfinch, the buntings (I’ve seen one painted bunting, but it didn’t stick around), blue grosbeak, northern flicker, titmouse, grosbeak.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  08:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Julie Mendelsohn (#7842) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I took a class on embroidery, and created a challah cover and two framed pieces of art. I'm still learning different stitches. Last month, I participated in a project in memory of a young girl who was killed in a terror attack. Each person embroidered a square for a large tapestry. I actually did three because it was such a good cause.

I'm so happy I have learned this skill and want to improve my stiches. I ordered a bunch of sampler kits to decorate my house with embroidery in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  08:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Julie Mendelsohn (#7842) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Spinning Merit Badge!

“I taught myself how to spin a few summers ago, and spent the entire year spinning different fibers and thicknesses of yarn, 2-ply, 3-ply and art yarns. Last week I participated in an art fair in my town with more than 60 skeins of handspun yarn. I weighed and priced them, set them out on display, brought my wheel and demonstrated the process of spinning, explaining to folks how to go from sheep to clothing.

It was an amazing experience. I sold a few skeins of yarn and learned what people are looking for. I love the process. It is very meditative. Often I spin at night while listening to an inspiring lecture. I'm looking forward to trying new types of fiber, using my own dyed fibers and creating a few more of each type so they can be sold together. I'm interested in the way in which textiles were made in the Bible and since I live in Israel I have plenty of opportunities to continue my research!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  08:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowlby (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I've had a library card since I was 6 years old. Since I don't rely a lot on social media I use my library a great deal. The services they provide are internet access, interlibrary loan (which I use a lot), copying, faxing and much more.

Since I don't have the means to send photos and don't prefer chat rooms, I have compiled my TBR list as follows (just for starters!):
"The Malta Exchange" by Steve Berry, "It's All About the Dough - A Model for the Fellowship Among Women" by Amy Kemp,"Jimmy Stewart and His Poems" by Jimmy Stewart, All of Mary Jane's Books, "Safe & Sound" by Fern Michaels, "Wolf Pack" by C. J. Box, "Don't Stop Believin'" by Olivia Newton-John, "Thomas Jefferson & the Tripoli Pirates" by Brian Kilmeade, "Original Intent" by David Barton, "Seize the Day" by Joyce Meyers, "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy, "The 49th Mystic" by Ted Dekker and "Tea for Three" by Laura Childs. There are a whole bunch more!

I'll be finishing a couple of books a week.

I've already finished "Jimmy Stewart and His Poems" which was so delightful. Very much like hearing him read them aloud. "Safe & Sound" by Fern Michaels was another adventure with the Sisterhood - of which I have read them all.

I'm now ready to dive into the next 2!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  09:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowlby (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Reading, 'Rising, and 'Rythmatic Merit Badge!

“I've chosen my 3 books in the 3 categories:
    Non-fiction - "Cat Lover's Cookbook", "Don't Stop Believin'", "It's All About the Dough."
    Fiction - "Murder In An Irish Pub", "Wold Pack", "Malta Exchange."
    Poetry - "Jimmy Stewart & His Poems", "Cat Poems", "Sonnets From the Portuguese."

I've already completed "The Cat Lover's Cookbook", "Murder in an Irish Pub", "Cat Poems" and "Jimmy Stewart & His Poems."
The Cat Lover's Cookbook is filled with recipes for healthy foods for your cat and even a few that can be prepared for humans and modified for felines. Murder in an Irish Pub is set in Ireland with a read Irish flare. A new author and a new series for me. Didn't like Cat Poems mostly - pretty dumb. Jimmy Stewart's poems are delightful renditions of some of his real life experiences.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  09:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Linda Bowlby (#7595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I've been doing family history research and genealogy for 40 years and have made great strides in many lines of both my and my husband's family trees. So when a new opportunity opened up last year I jumped on it! The only remaining member of my husband's mother's family (of which we didn't know any existed) contacted me through my sister's family history website. She lives in Alaska and we have had 3 long phone conversations sharing all we know from our different perspectives of this family. For instance, she remembers being on her grandfather's farm - my husband's great grandfather. But we know much more about my mother-in-law - her 1st cousin. Through her information we've learned even more about my husband's mother and her family.

As far as being interviewed, my younger sister (a half sister) has taken all my earlier research and works with it on a regular basis. She often calls and asks questions or brainstorms through a brick wall with me. She and the other sisters often ask questions about our shared father - some of which are pretty wild.

My husband's niece called me and asked for a copy of their family tree for a school project which I have refined back to England in 1504. It's really fun to be asked for information.

This is an ongoing project. I love doing the research and running new lines. It often inspires me to cull through information again and see what I missed!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page