Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I gathered together all the necessary items to create a sewing kit as well as created a pin cushion to include in my kit which is all held together in a small tin I found at a garage sale.

I think it turned out well. It has all the needed items and I found a few other odds and ends that I included as well. Things like a small zipper, a thimble, a tape measure, marking a pencil, snaps, and ribbon.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I went through my house and gathered all the buttons I could find as well as searched garage sales for all the various types and styles of odd buttons that I could find. I placed them all in a small bowl and set them out for display.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:23:47 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I watched the trailer for Vanishing Bees.I then planted a small patch of cone flowers in my backyard. Finally, I read the book Secret Life Of Bees.

The coneflower patch was a perfect addition to my backyard shed area. I love the fact that they are perennials.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by testing my civics knowledge and learning and refreshing my constitution skills.

I realized that I knew more than expected, but it was good to have a refresh of the knowledge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by testing my civics knowledge and learning and refreshing my knowledge of the three branches of the federal government.

I realized that I knew more than expected, but it was good to have a refresh of the knowledge, especially during this time of change in the political climate of today.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by testing my civics knowledge and refreshing my knowledge of the supreme court and my state government.

I realized that I knew less about the state government than expected, but it was good to have the knowledge for now and the future. This is especially important during this time of change in the political climate of today and for future elections.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“I visited the local Anoka County History museum. The visit to the museum was interesting and a place will be returning to again in the future. However, due to COVID the amount of displays was limited, but very interesting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by going over my pet options for myself and my family. I have allergies so we discussed what pets I could have and was willing to have. I would have loved to have chosen a cat, due to their independent nature but also their willingness to interact and cuddle. Additionally, my daughter would have loved a cat, but these are unfortunately an animal that is a hard no for my health.

It turned out disappointing. It made me realize that finding a pet that I can have will be very difficult and/or expensive.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:28:20 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“We helped my sister-in-law take care of her cat and dogs. My daughters did most of the care due to my allergies. However, I did find that the family was more than willing to jump in and care for an animal. When debating the merits of owning a pet I had to consider the following: cost, amount of travel we do, the time commitment, and of course my allergies.

My family discussed our options and we decided that a pet at this point may not be a great idea. However, we would keep our options open if a poodle become available at a low cost and if I could handle the dander.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“I was unable to volunteer at an animal shelter due to my allergies. I have researched possible hypoallergenic dogs that we can possibly have safely.

We will continue to wait until the right time arrives for us to get a dog, but only if the animal doesn't cause me any issues.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  2:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Kusztyb (#8165) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Geography Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by learning Geography basics and the history of Cartography—maps. I loved learning about Cartography. I enjoy maps, globes, and any type of travel. The history of Cartography was interesting and enjoyable. I look forward to working on the next levels of this badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Teresa Roberson, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Kitchen Renegade Merit Badge!

“In any kitchen endeavor, safety should always come first. My latest culinary adventure of making extracts demands sanitary conditions:
Bottles/jars, knife, zester, Cutco cutting board, and kitchen counter must be washed, rinsed, and sanitized. Oranges are scrubbed and cleaned with a brush used only for fruit. The alcohol used must be at least 80 proof to prevent bacteria growth.

I started reading about making extracts in late December 2020. I found a bag of beautiful Florida navel oranges at the farmer's market and decided to cut the peels and remove the pith. Luckily, I had a bottle of spiced rum in the cupboard. I spent several days peeling or zesting the oranges and placing them into the bottle of alcohol. I placed the citrus mixture back in the dark, cool cabinet, and every other day it is lightly shaken. The orange extract smells and taste heavenly. I'm now at the point of tasting every day to ensure there is no bitterness. The orange peels will be removed eventually, and the extract poured into a smaller bottle and labeled. Happy extracting!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Ellis (Nancy Ellis, #8335) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I kept a gratitude journal for a month not repeating any entry. I also read a section of the Book of Awesome each day during that month.

It turned out great! I'm continuing the journal and reading a section a day as I move on to the next levels.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Hadassah Schaap (Mentoring Sister Heidi Schaap, JustPlainHeidi, #3752) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I loved the Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha! And I was gifted a journal for Christmas that fit perfectly for a gratitude journal.

It was really good to put my thoughts into perspective and realize how much I've been given and how much there is to be grateful for. I am continuing to keep a gratitude journal because it's something that we should all do—daily!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:36:28 PM  Show Profile
Vicki Taylor (Vicki Taylor, #8321) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“To earn my Sew Wonderful Merit Badge, I made a sewing kit for my daughter out of an Altoid tin. She loved it!

The sewing kit turned out so good, I plan to make one for the glove compartment of the car, and several more as gifts.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Sara Knight (YellowRose, #6034) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Kitchen Renegade Merit Badge!

“Before I started making the mixes, I gathered up the following and made sure all were ready to go: knife, cutting board, pastry scraper, mixing bowl, food processor, coffee/herb grinder, dehydrator, parchment paper to line trays, jars, lids, labels, freezer ziplock bags, enamel tray, and parchment paper to line tray.

Recipes from the following books: MaryJane’s IdeaBook | Cookbook | LifeBook and
Spice Mix Recipes—More Make-A-Mix Cookery

My journey to make mixes began back in the fall of 2019 when I planted garlic from MJF. In July of 2020 I harvested the garlic and made garlic powder. I used the last of the garlic powder in the mixes I made for this badge. I also dried and made all the powders used in the mixes. I bought cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and the three dried chili peppers for the chili powder—guajillo chili, arbol chili, and ancho chili. I grew the herbs used in the mixes except for basil that I had to buy.

I made eight mixes. Six mixes for the pantry/spice rack and two for the freezer.

The dry mixes: Trelingua mix for beef, venison, bison, and lamb; chili mix; pizza mix; taco mix; buttermilk & onion salad dressing mix; and onion seasoning mix (substitute for onion soup mix).

Freezer mixes: Ground beef mix; white sauce butter balls.

I kept a spiral notebook on my kitchen table to write down changes made to recipes. Majority of the changes were substituting the powders I made for what was called for in the recipes; eliminating MSG and sugar. When oregano was called for, I used the Syrian oregano I grew and dry.

I’m happy with how all the recipes turned out. I would like to double or even triple the recipes I will use frequently.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  4:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Sara Knight (YellowRose, #6034) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Kitchen Renegade Merit Badge!

“I made the ground beef mix with the Trelingua mix and flash froze it before putting in zip-lock bag. The mixes were made for the Intermediate Kitchen Renegade Badge. I used two cups of the ground beef mix for an oven stew.

Trelingua Ground Beef Oven Stew
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 med rustic potato cut in bite size pieces
1 med carrot cut in bite size pieces
½ onion, diced
1 c stewed tomatoes, cut in small pieces
½ c tomatoes with chilies
Ύ c fresh sugar peas (or frozen)
2 c frozen ground beef mix w/ Trelingua mix
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce

Put all ingredients in cast iron Dutch oven with lid, and heat to boiling on top of the stove.
Place in pre-heated 375 oven for 1 hr.

*All directions are how I did it, but ingredients and measurements can be changed to suit tastes and size of your family. I cook for one and my freezer.

The stew turned out great. The only changes I will make next time are to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh sugar peas and a couple of small turnips.

The heaping Tbsp of Trelingua mix was just the right amount of spice.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“Here are my answers to questions 1 - 12
1. Executive, Judicial, Legislative.
2. We use a system of checks and balances between the 3 branches of government.
3. President of the United States
4. Legislative branch
5. Senate and House of Representatives
6. 100
7. CA US Senator = Diane Feinstein, CA US Rep = John Garamendi.
8. 6 years
9. 2 years
10. 2 year term but if re-elected for another term, it would equal 4 years total.
11. President of the United States.
12. President of the United States.
It was a lot of research.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“Here are my answers to questions 1 - 11.
1. President of the United States
2. Decides if a law is Constitutional or not by reviewing laws.
3. US Supreme Court
4. Nine
5. John Roberts Feb.2021
6. Declare War, Coin money
7. Set up local government, Regulation of industry.
8. California - Gavin Newsom
9. Sacramento, CA
10. Republican & Democrat
11. Nancy Pelosi Feb 2021”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I set my cell phone alarm for 4pm each day. Then I stopped whatever I was doing to go turn on the music and sit quietly for 10 minutes. I did this for 2 weeks.

At first it was a little annoying to stop what I was doing, but after the first 3 days, I started to look forward to the break in my day. It became restful.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Green Energy Merit Badge!

“Our local power company is PG&E, which stands for Portland General Electric. I am in California. PG&E uses 50% renewable and greenhouse as free resources and an 80% energy mix of combination of hydroelectric power, solar, wind, geothermal nuclear, and gas. The overage of 30% is sold to other companies.

To compare and contrast methods of energy production I created a grid and that is attached as a photo.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever! Merit Badge!

“I made a plan to put my garden in this spring. I looked up what kind of seeds to start, looked over the heirloom organic seeds versus the regular seeds, and what type of plants and how many I could put in a square area. Then I read the book Gardening with Heirloom Seeds. I really like how the book was chapters about each type of plant. I included a photo with my book seed packets, which are heirlooms. Excited to plant in a few more weeks.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“When I go shopping, I've been looking at the packaging to see if it is packed in recyclable/biodegradable packing. There are not a lot of things, but it is encouraging to see that they do have some. I have been going green and am continuing to do so. I made my own laundry soap, floor cleaner, and several other organic products. I plan on using them. I learned so much doing this badge. I think it all turned out good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:43:42 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I organized a bag swap with my chapter. I then did a talk on my chapter page on why we should all be doing a bag swap.

The swap went ok-ish, not too many people wanted to do it. I did think it was a good idea. I will try this again.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  5:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I did my research on Organic Products. They're filled with nutrients.
Commercial beauty products contain very few nutritional additives that can benefit your skin. Instead of boosting your skin, nails, and hair, the chemicals in commercial products temporarily mask potential issues. I will be replacing my products with organic as I use up the other stuff. I already use body lotion. I made lotion and lip balm using organic products.

I liked making the lip balm and the lotion. I've made lotion before and this time I did a different scent.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page