Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 527

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  4:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8089) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

"The walls were in such a pitiful shape. So I filled out the holes, sanded, textured and painted the walls.

The results were amazing and gave me a blank slate to decorate the way I wanted."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  4:47:01 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

"I have created several pieces in Origami: a chatterbox, animal faces and arrow bookmarks, a bird and a butterfly.

I liked making those but I found origami is a little bit stressful and not relaxing for me.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  4:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

"Top Raman - I tried to make it with organic Greek curly angel hair pasta and my own blend of seasonings. It turned out pretty good and I can add tomato sauce or paste to continue tweaking the seasonings for even better flavor. I tried it a few times.

I tried it a few times and every time it gets better because I am honing in on a blend of seasonings that I like.
That was what I had for dinner tonight."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  4:58:07 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Dyeing for Color Merit Badge!

"Dyed my covid masks with Rid. But then, after two years, the colors had faded, so I made a sniff and find toy for a dog with them.

Then I decided to try natural dye with items I already had at home. So I used black beans and yellow to dye muslin fabric blue and yellow. I mounted the fabric in a framed canvas and used it as a headboard for my bedroom.

It turned out wonderful. I have attached a photo."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Self-sufficiency Merit Badge!

"I made parsley and cilantro dust for decorating and flavoring dishes. Then I also made an Everything Bagel blend, and Herbes de Provence, and Blackening Seasoning blend.

I love the blackening seasoning blend on potatoes and beef."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

"I didn't want a pet because I worked long hours and live in an apartment with very little flexibility. I am also allergic to double coated dogs. I would pick a small dog with single layer hair that did not require long hours of exercise.

I had dogs and birds in the past but after the last ones passed away I decided my heart could not take it. But now I was re-thinking that.
I would pick a dog with the characteristics I mentioned in previous session."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

"I have pet sit my sister's 5 dogs several times, without charging, for days.

I decided I am a dog person. I made my list of pros and cons about adopting a dog. I considered the health benefits of having a dog and got one on April 14, 2023.

Priscilla is a maltipoo and cute as a button. She will interfere with my travels, but I will just have to plan better by having my son care for her, or take her to my sister's house to be with her dogs, or take her to a good kennel."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

"I am an apartment-bound farmgirl and a friend of mine was offering a dog from her dog's litter for adoption. She was hypoallergenic, small, and perfect for being a companion.

I adopted Priscilla."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

"I committed to organize my house with Habit Nest Home Organization Journal. Just finished organizing my kitchen. Threw away everything broken and missing parts; donated mismatched and good working items that I no longer want or use.

I love my kitchen. Everything I use works as intended and is easy to find."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

"I made a list of everything I want for the kitchen. It turned out I have everything I want and need in my kitchen. I just repurposed bowls and tea containers and recycled pasta glass containers to organize my dry goods, place my fruits in, protect my bread, and add my coffee supplies.

My kitchen looks and feels fabulous. Just the correct size, not big and not too small, just perfect. Everything is labeled and easy to find. I love it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

"I obtained a sharpening rock and learned how to manually sharpen the knives I have.

In the intermediate level of this task I got rid of all knives that were not useful to me or that I never used. Then I sharpened all the cutting knives that I had."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:32:10 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

"Meditation can be done in a labyrinth. I studied and learned about types and history of labyrinths and wrote this information on my wellness journal. I also have a list of sites for locating labyrinths in the US. I have not found many labyrinths around to practice meditation yet. But will continue to look for opportunities to practice it.

I have used imaginary labyrinths to incorporate in my meditation practice. Just line it up with finger as meditating.
It is a virtual labyrinth practice. I have walked labyrinth-like garden beds while meditating at the Oregon Garden. It is not a proper labyrinth like the ones I studied but still good and the location is wonderful."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

"I had a panic attack after work in May 2022 and ended up in the ER. Had to work on stress management to deal with any extreme anxiety. I couldn't take medication because my body reacted badly to the two medications that I tried. Have been working on breathing and exercising to cope with anxiety.

Have started taking walks, playing with my companion dog and swimming, which have helped me reduce stress and relax."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

"I have had health issues with stress and anxiety this past year. To cope with it I have started a yoga practice for over an year now.

Yoga classes together with other relaxation practices have provided me with good results calming my sympathetic system but I still need to take blood pressure and heart rate medications.

But now I practice Vinyasa and Yin yoga regularly. That makes me feel calmer."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

"Began looking into labyrinth meditation. Wrote meditation mantra in my meditation journal.

Created a Zen Garden for my bookshelf so I can meditate on it daily while raking the sand.

Have meditated for 10 minutes for an entire week. It helps my mind stop racing."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

"I froze lime leaves and dill with oil for preservation and later use.
Throughout these last few years I have frozen different types of cooked grains, bread and stock.

I saved scraps and bones and made stock and froze them.

I also wrapped bread in layers and froze them. No more stale break.
I pre-cooked farro, rice, lentils, barley and froze them in individual servings for later use.

I loved it because it made my life easier when deciding what to cook for the next day. Just take out of the freezer the night before."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

"I live in an apartment and only have a deck as the backyard.
But my sister has a house and she began raising chickens in her backyard a few years back. Since then I have been obtaining eggs from her hens. They are mostly organic fed.

My sister has a backyard and I have obtained eggs from her hens. I used it to bake and made pickled eggs and gave them away. I love it. And it is an excuse to visit my sister."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

"I researched the difference between grass-fed and corporately raised beef. Read MaryJanes' article ieatmeat. And wrote a 2-page report about it on my journal.

I learned a lot about meat consumption and it peaked my interest to continue learning about it and to practice what I am learning.
I am trying to eat grass-fed beef and also to reduce the quantity of the meat I eat.

More about quality than quantity now."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  5:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilting Merit Badge!

"I don't know how to quilt but I tried a project. I learned the basics and followed instructions on YouTube video to create a squares quilt cover for my dog's crate. She did not like it that much and wanted to destroy it.

It took me over 12 hours to produce my first quilt. It was a squares quilt, simple for some, but for me it was a lot because I can't even sew a straight line. See picture attached"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  6:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

"I have a dehydrator and throughout the last few years I have learned to dehydrate produce and to make jerky. I have dehydrated kale and spinach, bell pepper and used them in soups.

I learned how to make beef jerky in the oven and in the dehydrator.

It is useful to have all these items at hand ready for cooking and to increase the nutritional value of what I eat.

The jerky that I make with my own ingredients and with less sodium tastes wonderful. My son loves it too."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  6:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Cultures Merit Badge!

"My son wants to travel to Germany. I borrowed books from the library, purchased a German phrase book, and requested books via Interlibrary Loans from my local library. Read those books. I am also reading German digital magazines.

I have learned how to greet someone, say goodbye and to count to ten. But there is way more to learn. It is a difficult language to learn and the country has a lot of history to cover and the cultural aspects are still pretty much unknown to me. But I will continue to work on learning about Germany and planning a trip there with my son."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  6:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

"I grow my own vegetables in my apartment deck. It is a small deck, but I can use plant pots and I do.

I joined a Facebook group Horta em casa to research and use organic pest control.

I pledged to not use pesticides in the garden and obtained a plaque from Metro for my city.

This year I grew microgreens and have been eating from it. They are in a pot on my apartment deck and I derive salads from it. My dog also likes to eat the greens from this pot."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  6:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Putting Away for Winter badge!

"I learned to pressure can fresh tuna, chicken, pork and beef roasts, mango salsa, pickled cucumbers, carrots, beets.

And beans, all sorts of beans.

This is a very useful skill. The pressure canning process is meditative and I really like doing that.

The result is a beautiful pantry with tons of conveniently cooked food that I can just add to soups, etc.

I use the dehydrated vegetables, the pressure canned meat, and the defrosted stock to make wonderful dinners."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2023 :  12:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

"I researched public record of immigrants from Italy to Brazil from the 1700s to 1920s and collected information about my family. I am a first generation immigrant from Brazil and my records would not be in the American National Archives but they would be in Brazil because that is where my ancestors from Italy went to.

I found general information about my Italian relatives from the Region of Lazio and Campania that matched family history that I heard from older relatives."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2023 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Micheline D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

"I joined the Victoria Magazine Bookclub; then my local public library's science fiction, fiction, and non-fiction bookclubs. I have also read and participated in discussions for the Mary Janes Farm bookclub on Facebook.

I participated in my local library Summer Reading Program and even won a prize.

I am very happy with this approach because I am always defaulting to non-fiction books. With different bookclubs I have branched out into other genres which is really exciting for me. And obviously, winning a prize is good, too."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 527 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page