Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 527

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:36:40 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Badge!

"There are 3 of us in our family that live together in our home. My husband Tom, our son Kent and myself. Every Friday we take turns picking out our dinner and game we will play. We really love playing Risk and Catan, both are quite challenging and fun. But to be honest they will not play Risk with me anymore as I seem to always win! While playing we listen to our favorite music. I love family night and the togetherness.

As we have no young children in our home we have started reading Little Golden Books to our new Great Nephew Wally. Wally was born Thanksgiving Day 2023 and is a doll! We Zoom so he can see us and we can see him while I read his books to him. We have theme months of course, Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s so every month is a celebration. We buy him the book that fits that particular month. I am excited to read him Night, Night Oregon when my nephew and his wife will travel here in 3 months for us to meet him! Oh I can hardly wait. He has become very animated at 3 months, giggling, sticking his tongue out, and he is starting to make goo, goo, ga, ga sounds!

Once I get my hands on him I will never want to let him go. I am so in love with little guy as his parents make sure we are part of his life through Zoom.

We are so very blessed to have Wally, the first Fischer Baby in 20 years.

We love our family games without TV, we talk more and it brings us closer together. We are looking for a new game now. But, Catan keeps expanding there’s so it keeps us interested.

As Wally continues to grow and we read to him he will have a love of reading and quite a Little Golden Books Collection."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Cultures Badge!

"We lived in Germany a total of 10 years while my husband was in the military. I took German when I was a senior in high school so that really helped when we got there. Germany is a beautiful country and so much history. Neuschwhanstein is a very famous castle built by King Ludwig II, and of course it is the inspiration for the Disney Cinderella Castle. While I was in Germany I crossed stitched the Castle, it took me 1 year to do. Then I took a framing class and matted it and framed it myself - so fun. I am very proud of the piece and it hangs in my living room.

I can count to 10 in German and I do practice it often as I do not want to forget. Eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf,
Sechs,seiben, acht, neun, zehn.

I also am very good friends with Farmgirl Grace Brown who is German American. Her dad was in the military so we have so much in common. We talk on the phone a lot and we talk a little bit in German, and we exchange German recipes. We both love to eat and cook German food. Grace is a great source of information for me and a great friend!

Living in Germany when we were 21 years old was one of the greatest experiences of my life. We met and made many wonderful German friends and we are still friends today. We embraced the culture and that is what made our experience so special. It has been 44 years since we lived in Germany and a day does not go by that I wish I could go back.

And I was able to meet Grace through the farm and become great friends because we have so much in common. So thank you MaryJane, Grace and I would not be friends if it weren’t for you."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Badge!

"My letter writing box was not to my liking, it was not a nice box. I had wanted to change it for awhile now to something easier and nicer, so this month I did it! I have a pretty Longaberger basket with handles that everything fits into with room to spare. Now I can carry it room to room wherever I wish to write my cards and letters.

Included in my basket are stamps, greeting cards, stationery, calligraphy pens, ink, how to book, address book, stickers, tags and bookmarks to add to my letters.

I have candles all over my home so candles are always ready for me. In my iPod I listen to my Gregorian Monks through Spotify. What more can a Farmgirl ask for?

It has worked out great and I am happy I made the change. I carry my basket upstairs, downstairs wherever I choose to be. In the Spring I will carry my basket of goodies to my deck to write letters to my family and friends, while I soak up the Sun and listen to the birds sing. One happy Farmgirl I will be!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Heather Neeper (#4701, nndairy) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Badge!

"I researched recycling in my area. Curbside recycling is not available out in the country for me. There is a drop off site in town that accepts glass, paper, cardboard, cans (aluminum, steel, or tin), and various plastics.

The research for the beginner level wasn't very exciting, but I am looking forward to seeing what I usually throw away that can be recycled for the next level."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Heather Neeper (#4701, nndairy) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Badge!

"For this badge I watched what I put into the garage for a week and separated anything that could be recycled.

I was surprised that I don't have a lot of recyclable trash. My biggest thing was canning lids. I also had a cottage cheese container that I saved to use as a mineral scoop for the cows. I need to look into the plastic meat wrappers. I'm not sure if food plastic (the kind used to vacuum seal meat for the freezer) is recycled or not."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  11:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Heather Neeper (#4701, nndairy) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Scrapbooking Badge!

"I made a wedding scrapbook for a friends wedding and gave it to them for a gift.

It turned out great and they loved it. I didn't include photos so they can decide which ones they want and relive the day as they add the photos to the book. I made pages for the engagement, the bridal shower, the bachelor and bachelorette parties, the wedding ceremony and reception, and the honeymoon. There were spots for them to journal along with the pictures."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Heather Neeper (#4701, nndairy) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Relaxation Badge!

"Since my cow milking schedule makes it difficult to attend in person classes, I did a 2 week yoga challenge on YouTube. I also continued my cold baths.

It was wonderful and frustrating at the same time! The instructor on the videos was previously training to be a gymnast and makes the yoga look so easy and it was not (for me). But it was wonderful to stretch and relax. Her voice is so nice and soothing that even when you're wondering how it's humanly possible to do what she's doing and trying not to fall over, it's still relaxing. I am loving my cold baths. I've taken one every day for over 90 days now. It started as something I wanted to try and now I don't want to stop!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (#8431, TinaTina) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Badge!

"I earned this badge by reading the Modern Calligraphy book and starting a small Calligraphy journal. I've also practiced Calligraphy with nibs and the Calligraphy marker.

This merit badge turned out to be harder than I thought. The lady in the book and on videos make it look so easy and when I practice, it doesn't look as nice. I guess I need to practice, practice and practice."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (#8431, TinaTina) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Badge!

"I earned this merit badge by keeping a Gratitude journal for over a month and I read the book by Neil Pasricha, The Book of Awesome.

This merit badge was fulfilling in knowing that we have little things in our life to be thankful for and all those little things turn into good feelings."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Joyce Hein (#6071, GinghamGirl) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Living Zero Waste Badge!

"I have completed the Path to Zero Waste Merit Badge.
The five r's of zero waste:
1. refuse - I have my own traveling cutlery set so I can refuse non-compostable cutlery when on the go.
2. reduce - I have reduced the amount of non-recylable products - mainly, don't buy anything that doesn't have recylable packaging!
3. reuse - we use rechargeable batteries. we don't use any single-use utensils/plates/cups - even when on a picnic!
4. repurpose - old coffee mugs that have cracks become storage containers for my pens/pencils etc. all printer paper that is no longer needed is used as scrap paper or to start fires :)
5. recycle - we have a recycling system in our home, and all items that are recyclable go into a basket, which is then brought out to the shed and sorted.

It's great to have researched these 5 R's and to have found ways to implement. A great website that got me started was https://www.roadrunnerwm.com/blog/the-5-rs-of-waste-recycling"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Joyce Hein (#6071, GinghamGirl) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Living Zero Waste Badge!

"I continued to practice the waste audit solutions for over a month, that I completed in "Path to Zero Waste".

When needing to purchase items, I put it on the list. If I find that I still need the item after 1 month, then I will look into purchasing it (first from a thrift store). If I realize I didn't still need the item I cross it off and don't get it. Recently we needed to buy a new vanity - we searched until we could find one that was 100% wood and hand crafted, so we could support someone hand crafting the item, but also because if it gets dented or scratched we can easily fix it. It's also more durable and will last us many many years. I also ensure that whenever I can, items like socks are bought from recycled products.

I regularly go through the host and fill up bins with items we have grown out of/no longer need. These items are first sorted into a "re-gift pile". From there, it goes to a thrift store pile, which promptly gets dropped off at the thrift store.

Having some concrete methods in place have really helped me and excited me to continue on the zero waste living path!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Joyce Hein (#6071, GinghamGirl) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Living Zero Waste Badge!

"Four single use items that can be replaced with alternatives: Cutlery, feminine hygiene, cotton facial pads, papertowel. For each I've made homemade replacements. It didn't really cost me much at all to create these homemade items. It was a bit of an investment to buy cutlery for on the road (I keep it in my vehicle in a homemade bag), but all the others were made from material i already had! We recycle everything (it's government law here!)and we also compost (most of it in the garden!). I've shared with family and friends about this path to zero waste.

I'm excited that the zero waste "fever" is spreading! I've been on this path for a number of years - but there was resistance from families and friends (thinking I'm too much of an earth lover!). However, I'm finding now that they are filled with excitement. I do believe all the good books out there from the library/used book store do contribute to this."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  12:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Krista Davis (#528, maryjanesniece) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Badge!

"I earned this badge by having a family game night once a week for 8 weeks, but for a couple of those weeks we played games more than once. We also read a children's chapter book called Frindle out loud. My husband, my oldest, and I all took turns reading chapters.

It was a lot of fun for us all to sit down and play a game together. We played some games that we have had for awhile, but we tried a new game called Catan. It has turned into our new favorite game. My oldest asks to play it everyday! My toddler even wanted to join in, so we let him roll the dice for us."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2024 :  1:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Denise Thompson (#43, levisgrammy) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Embroidery Badge!

"I stitched up a set of 7 kitchen towels with the fruit motif. I like the vintage look so instead of the flour sack material I used the towels with the vintage stripe.

I like them but I think the next time I will try to use different types of stitches. These will be used for a gift for an occasion coming up soon."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Denise Thompson (#43, levisgrammy) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Badge!

"I have researched my local recycling services to find out what is curbside recycle and what is not. I made a list for both of these and attached to the refrigerator so we can easily see where something needs to go.

It has helped to have the list and also to help me to change some things about how much we recycle. Has changed my shopping habits. Trying to use things I can recycle or reuse."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Denise Thompson (#43, levisgrammy) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Badge!

"I have set up my own recycling system in that I now know what is accepted and what is not. I have been reusing glass jars for storage. I use them in the pantry and craft room. I also have been saving and reusing cardboard from bathroom tissue to use for campfire starter or starter for our backyard fire pit.

I have enjoyed saving and reusing especially since I have been able to replace so much plastic in my household with glass."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Denise Thompson (#43, levisgrammy) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Badge!

"I have been using the recycling of materials for many years now and have enjoyed finding ways to cut down on our usage by recycling into reusing. My daughter lives in our area and recycles as well. I have her saving things for me to reuse and she has now been reusing some things herself.

I have found many uses for things that are recycled and ways to cut down on what goes into the landfill. I will continue to recycle and reuse hopefully passing what I've learned on to my grandchildren. "

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Karen Martell (Jokamartell, #8422) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Badge!

"I researched herbs. And chose to educate myself about chamomile, lemon balm, thyme, rosemary, and basil.

I learned that lemon balm is a member of the mint family and has calming properties but can also be used to treat cold sores, anxiety, stress insomnia and indigestion. Chamomile is also known for helping with insomnia and is used in tea giving a sweet and mild taste. The leaves, flowers, and oil of the thyme plant can be used to flavor food and for medicinal purposes. Basil is also used for flavoring foods, especially Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. Rosemary has a savor flavor but is also known to aid in muscle pain, boost the immune system and improve memory."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Badge!

"1. I read the book How to Write a Letter, Find the Word for Every Occasion by Chelsea Shukov & Jamie Grobecker of Sugar Paper.
The reason I chose this book is it was a quick read for the subject matter I was looking for. When I write a letter I have trouble sometimes with my salutations then my sign off. This book has many examples to choose from and ideas to come up with your own.
A great resource book for me.

2. I send letters and cards to an older farmsister who is a part of our Wildflower HH; her computer is broken so she cannot email. So when I write her, I update her of the comings and goings of the forum. She enjoys letters from Farmgirls; they make her so happy.
There is also a Farmgirl whose husband has cancer, she needs so much support and love. I send her cards to cheer her up and let her know I am praying for her, her hubby and family.

I also have an older girlfriend in Colorado who just found out she has cancer. She so enjoys my cards and letters she says they cheer her up.

I will always make time to write these 3 ladies who need my love and prayers.

The book will be a tremendous help to me writing letters as I do not remember as well as I used to, so this is a great reference book for me right at my fingertips. It will help me write my letters to family and friends with more finesse when needed.

I also am trying to read the book by Hannah Brencher, If you find this letter, not impressed so far. It writes more like a biography to me and that was not the kind of book I was looking for."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Badge!

"I earned this badge by collecting these beautiful 50-plus antique buttons over the years. Some bought and a few given to me by my friends. I keep them separate from my full collection of 100’s of buttons as I love to look at and touch them. I like to wonder what they were used for - a blouse, skirt or perhaps a pair of slacks. Each button feels a little different depending on what it is made of, for example stone, metal, wood, plastic, glass etc.

There are thousands of buttons out there in our world, I have nowhere that many. But I will always collect them as I love and cherish them. I will never have enough. I have been collecting since 1974 when I got married
After I am gone I will past them to my nieces and they will pass them to their girls. I believe my “girls” will cherish them as much as I do."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:41:58 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Fischer (#1582, Blessed in Colorado) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Badge!

"I made a bracelet for myself out of some of my antique buttons. I used a stretch cord and learned the proper knot. I used a larger button as the show piece center as when you move your wrist it looks almost iridescent when I move my arm. Just so pretty! I also used a color button, glass, stone and different sizes.
Took the photo with the bracelet on my Son Kent’s wrist so I could get the photo I wanted.

The bracelet is so pretty I think and it makes me want to make more bracelets, maybe a pair of earrings too. Plus I think a row of the antique buttons would look awesome down the side seam of my Jeans. So many possibilities!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:51:21 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (#770, debbieklann) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Apples Badge!

"My husband and I planted 2 new apple trees, 1 replacing an old tree that had died and a new one by one of our ponds.

I learned that there needs to be more than 1 tree to allow for cross pollination. We had 3 other apple trees across the road from the new one so that was covered. It had adequate sunlight, drainage and moderate soil.

I purchased 2 new trees, one being one of my favorites, a honeycrisp, and got them planted in the spring of 2020. They should be ready for fertilizing this year. We got our first small crop last summer!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (#770, debbieklann) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Badge!

"I decided to use one of my desk drawers for my letter writing station.

I outfitted my drawer with a file type box to organize cards by occasion. I also added different stationary, writing paper, pretty stamps and an address stamp."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (#770, debbieklann) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Badge!

"I read the book, "If You Find This Letter", by Hannah Brencher. I wasn't sure what it was going to be about but I really enjoyed it!

I keep my address books in my letter writing drawer and have made it a habit to send out birthday cards and thank you notes to friends and family, sometimes just a little note to say hi or send some encouragement their way."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2024 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (#770, debbieklann) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Badge!

"I started writing to my penpal back in 2016, I believe. We met through the Forum and have been writing back and forth since then.

It's been fun to watch her grandchildren grow up...they are the same age as mine...and compare "grandma" notes. I have posted about it in the Merit Badge chit chat topic online."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 527 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page