Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  11:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Eva Hanusova has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I loved the idea of embellishing my new Farmgirl Sisterhood Logo and really went with the flow.

I am very proud of it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  11:18:47 AM  Show Profile
Kelly Wall has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I earned this Merit badge by helping my sister sew an apron for our Mother's 60th birthday.

The apron turned out so nice, we used a small floral print with vintage lace edging at the bottom and at the top of the pockets. The pattern was made from another apron that was given to me. I can't wait to finish my next apron that proves to be a bit more challenging!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Yankovit has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge!

"I embroidered a sampler using the farmgirl stitch, chain stitch, herringbone stitch, daisy stitch, French knots, running stitch, and cross-stitch. The sampler reads, 'Use It Up, Wear It Out, Make It Do, Or Do Without!'

I think it turned out great, and will probably frame it!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  11:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge!

"I knitted a scarf using the pattern on the back of the label for Jiffy Thick & Quick yarn using #15 needles. It took me two days to figure out how to start the thing (although I knew how to do one stitch already, I had never increased / decreased before), but once I mastered that - thank you, KnitWitch on YouTube! - I got into a groove, and the rest was no problem!

It turned out well! I think I got the scarf too wet when blocking it, and it developed a musty smell. I had to rewash and dry it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  2:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I started a button collection by gathering up all the orphaned and lost buttons in all the drawers and catch-alls in my house, spares off old garments, and a few antique store finds...ultimately ending up with 319 buttons!

I put them all in a repurposed canning jar and made a colorful cloth lid for it...now, not only is it helpful to have all the buttons I have in one place in case I need to replace one, but it is also pretty to look at!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  2:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Sharalyn Paetz has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge!

"I taught myself to knit a few years ago and made a dishcloth to complete this beginner level. I then taught 4 of my farmgirl sisters in my farmgirl chapter how to knit the same dishcloth.

I finished the dishcloth and think I will make a few more as gifts. My farmgirl sisters are enjoying making their own dishclothes and we will probably start a new pattern making hats."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  3:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Sheri Simmons has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge!

"After many attempts over the years to learn how to crochet, I finally got it! I took the suggestion of a farmgirl here and used a larger hook (N) and it turned out great! And during our cold snap last week I proudly wore it to work and showed it off. And yes, my friends were impressed. :) But now I can't stop making scarves! haha.

I think it looks great! I have never been able to keep my rows straight before. :) "

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  5:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Self-sufficiency badge!

"I started canning this season's crops. I made pickles - Sweet and Dill. The dill ones are great!! Then I made MJ apple pie filling! It was so easy! My daughter had me save the leftover syrup for pancakes! I made apple crisp with it... awesome!! I also made spaghetti sauce! Homemade is so much more delicious!

Everything went fine, but it did take a few weeks to get it all done!! The apple crisp was so good and the kids really liked the spaghetti sauce! It was a great feeling knowing that I can put up food instead of buying it at the store!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge!

"Planted sunflowers from transplanting them from our last home. Grew them in the middle of my veg. garden and weeded/tilled up an existing weedy garden and planted all native and bee-loving flowers. I know that is why our garden was pollinated and the neighbors 1/2 acre away didn't do so well. Seeded my favorite flowers for next season. Excited to see if they grow!

Big harvest. All squash grew great. Yielded 14 Pumpkins from 3 plants."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I have completed this and have a comment. The apron pattern in MJ's ideabook is small. I am about a size 10 and blessed with 36" xyz :). The apron is difficult to put on with the buttons. So I got out my favorite apron and made a pattern using a paper bag from the organic store. I usually take my baskets. So I cut out two, one to give away.

I love my new work apron. I have worn out the last one by all the harvesting this year. I did use the pocket pattern, so my new apron has a pocket and a snap at the neck for easier off or just down, and sewed rickrack around the red gingham. So adorable. I cut out 3 more and will make them for gifts."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In The Garden badge!

"This was a necessity... Our son has a puppy boarder collie. For my sanity, I built a wall along the path to our "ladies" hen house. I used bamboo that I have now recycled for 3 years, and some cut strips of burlap that I have also recycled from wrapping the bushes. The way turned into a beautiful addition to the path of the garden. Also, I used a broken metal ladder that was being thrown out for the vines of the squash in the garden. Also a nice garden feature in the fall.

All went good. Next year we are going to plant our beans and peas vertically. Growing up, my father, a biologist, never grew vertically. I wish I knew why."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level Going Green badge!

"This is a simple passion of mine. About 13 years ago I was a new mom. Soon my son's skin started to rash. No one could do or say anything that made any difference. Eliminating contact with my son I found that he was worse when he slept in his own bed. I started making everything that he slept with - out of all organic or cotton washed with good soaps and the batting with no formaldehyde. Rash went away a little. So this started me off having only safe cleaners. Laundry, hand, body, hair and dish soaps are all from either Shaklee or BioKleen. Now our boys are 11 and 13 and know how to clean with baking soda and vinegar with spray bottles labled for the job.

I know I don't like the smell of Castrol soaps. I now make all our body soap with glycerin and essential oils."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage For Food badge!

"Ordered the U.S. Agriculture book and use it to keep me on track. On bottling meat this last week, I wish I had used it before starting. I got very creative with my bottles once I learned I did 4 batches wrong. Freezer is full and this past weekend was easy dinners."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Forage For Food badge!

"Excited to find Elderberry's in the mountains while on one of my outings to oil paint in the mountains. They were confirmed to me by locals that indeed it was elderberry and syrup has been made in the past by them. I was personally jumping up and down since last year I was buying bottles of this syrup to keep us all away from the virus of the season.

I used honey in place of sugar. I then sealed it and froze the jars. I am going to learn and get more confident on preserving with honey. I traded from a bee keeper lots of honey and have found it very valuable to me."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level ChillOver ComeOver badge!

"Ordered and made the chocolate pie, lime pie, crown jewel and lots of jigglers for the family. Used it as the dessert at a dinner party which brought a lot of chatting. I substituted it in my recipes that call for pectin. When a friend was going in for a colonoscopy she used ChillOver to get her through the fasting part.

I am successful with my homemade juices and ChillOver."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Pyper Thole has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Self-sufficiency badge!

"I have many bottles of dried goods. I borrowed a food-dryer and kept it busy. First was the raspberries for homemade granola cereal. Right along came stevia, mushrooms, squash slices, pears, apricots, apples and pumpkin seeds. I made the seasoning mix up and used it with my pumpkin and tomato sauces.

Found that making bulk seasoning spices are fast. Many of the ingredients I grew and dried to make it and some came on clearance that I was able to buy and use."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  4:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Bustin' Out badge!

"I started changing to organic food with milk. It tastes so clean that I really enjoy drinking it now! I tried potato chips and didn't taste any difference. I did try organic and local beef and it was amazing!! No smells coming from the package and it tastes awesome!! I also had all the veggies from my garden and storebought just doesn't compare!!

I am totally reformed! I will only buy organic and as local as possible. I still need to work at my junk food habit, but that doesn't even taste good anymore, so we must be getting somewhere!! I know that I will only buy what is good and organic and local from now on!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  5:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue Hoke-House has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"First, I have to say, journaling really takes me to task because it is not my favorite thing to do.
It does help you take a long good look at things and situations in a "big perspective" sort of way and that is helpful.
I have done "grateful" journaling before and it really makes you pull your head up and realize what a blessed life you have. One thing that is really amazing about this is, once you start counting your blessings, it's easier to see them and to realize how many you have. When you realize how much you have to be grateful for, it makes you a calmer person, knowing that no matter what, you will deal with whatever life has to offer. At least, that is how it affects me.

And here is my gratitude journal. Many things that I am grateful for might seem small or trivial to some, but if I have learned anything on this beautiful blue planet, it is that sometimes the small things make life bearable.

I am grateful today that it is not as cold as it is usually this time of year.
I am grateful for the beautiful full moon.
I am grateful today to have another beautiful fall day.
Today I was grateful for the spectacular fall foliage on the trees and shrubbery. Some of the maple trees, I had to just stop and stare at their beauty.
Today I am grateful I got two hours of mowing in at the cemetery before dark.
I am thankful for my wonderful, fragrant, brewed to perfection, cup of tea. A touch of honey and organic half & half, a weekend treat!
Today I am thankful for the time spent with my family at the Greenbluff Orchards.
Today I am thankful for the time to work in the Rose garden at the cemetery.
Today I was thankful that my hectic work day went smoothly.
I am so thankful for living in an area with four distinct seasons and being able to enjoy them each as they come.
I was thankful for some time in the evening to sit and relax with my husband.
I am thankful that I was able to have a nice visit with my brother today.
I am thankful today for a good, reliable automobile so I can go see my grandchildren.
I am thankful for some time to read my newspaper!
I am thankful today for getting my clay pots emptied and put away.
I am thankful for my cat, Cubbie B Bubbie, he is a charming companion. Not much of a mouser, but charming, nevertheless,lol.
I am thankful I am over my cold.
I am thankful the electricity wasn't out for very long today.
I am thankful I got my sewing table cleared off today!
I am thankful for getting my car cleaned.
I am thankful I got my computer back on track and it didn't crash.
I am thankful today for finding my chicken pincushion pattern.
I am thankful today for our library in our small town.
Today I am thankful that I got all my Christmas papers and ribbons organized.
Today I am thankful it's my last work day of the week!
I am thankful to get rid of my paperclutter!
Today I'm thankful for a little "me" time.
Today I'm thankful I got my Christmas list started.
Today I'm thankful for my long weekend.
I am thankful I can enjoy a tv program, but it's not a big deal if I don't get to see it.
Today I am thankful I finished the deep cleaning of the refrigerator!!!

Well, that is a few things I have been thankful/grateful for in the last month."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  5:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue Hoke-House has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Bustin' Out badge!

"Over the course of a month I tried four new organic foods. The foods I tried were:

Week one: raisin bran.
Week two: Roasted red pepper hummus with whole wheat crackers.
Week three: Spelt spaghetti pasta.
Week four: MaryJane's ChillOver powder.

It was very interesting to do this. I incorporated this into the journaling of two other badges, as I thought I would just get the journaling done, lol. What was interesting is that I actually tried many other organic foods along the way. Some of them were different types of leafy green salad vegetables, sweet potatoes, organic juices (for my ChillOver powder) mango chutney, sprouts, red potatoes, chips, & chocolate bars (of course, lol, chocolate bars). I am now making an effort to eat organic whenever the opportunity is there to do so. It is challenging because I don't live close to a store that sells organic, so I am finding I have to really plan what I'm eating or going to eat. Worth the effort though, I have decided."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  09:56:13 AM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge!

"I found the cutest floral fabric and knew it was to become a full apron. I cut and pinned the pattern, then set to sewing. I thought the trim would be difficult and almost didn't add it. It was easier than I thought and really set off the fabric.

I tried it on and realized that the crossed straps in back weren't working to fit properly. I cut them off and made them tie at the neck. Works much better now!! I just love it!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  10:13:34 AM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Going Green badge!

"I made some soap, which was so fun. While waiting for it to cure I made cleaners and bought extra vinegar!! I even used MJ's ChillOver Powder and made spray gel for my hair!! It works and doesn't smell!! Once the soap cured, I grated some and added it to washing soda for detergent. I was really surprised that it cleaned as well as it did.

I am still green for all cleaners in my home and I refuse to go back. I haven't bought bleach for months. My DH still thinks it cleans better, but I am done with chemicals! It's such a nice feeling knowing that I am doing my part to help the environment and most importantly my family."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"When I first started my journal I thought it would be tough to come up with a new gratitude for each day. Once I got going I realized I really did have a lot to be thankful for and sometimes each day had more than one thing that stood out.

I am still journaling and plan on keeping it up. It really makes me take notice of things and not take anything for granted. Sometimes, ok most of the time, it's the little things that matter most!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  2:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Hana Weldon has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge!

"I was so excited to learn to knit! My friend taught me to knit on the beach while my boyfriend and her husband played frisbee...haha!
After I learned, I hosted a knitting and wine party for a few girls (one was a sister). We were all beginners and helped each other.

I just finished my first scarf which took me much longer than three hours! I think it turned out great which is good because it's a birthday gift...I wish I could keep it! I'm attached!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  3:02:42 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Osborn has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I sewed two aprons, one for myself and one for my BFF. We had a date planned to bake Christmas cookies all day and I presented her with her apron that morning. She loved it! She had brought one of her old aprons, but we immediately donned our new aprons and got to baking! It was a truly wonderfully fun day!

The aprons turned out great! I am an avid quilter, but any type of clothing has always been somewhat of a struggle. But I have to say they look (and work) wonderful! In our picture,I am the shorter one!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  3:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level BakeOver MakeOver badge!

"I made three BakeOvers as a way to get my husband to eat more vegetables, and we talked about which recipe we liked best. I made the potato and ham BakeOver featured in the 'Farm Kitchen' issue of MJF Magazine, and I made two of my own creations: potato, carrot, onion, and ham on a Budget Mix crust; and potato, fennel, and sausage on a Budget Mix crust.

All three BakeOvers were excellent (and have been added to our dinner rotation!), but my favorite was the potato and ham, and my husband preferred the potato, fennel, and sausage BakeOver."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page