Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Clothing racks... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  7:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Why type to do you love? I need a pretty big one and something sturdy. The box stores one's just don't work for me. I don't mind paying $$$ if it works. Any suggestions???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Heather, do a google search for drying racks. I can't remember the name of the company that I saw them through but the were Amish and they were wonderful. Yep, they will cost you but you will have them forever! Mine aren't very good but I use them all winter. I would love to have some nice ones! Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love mine but unfortunatly can't tell you what brand it is or where to get one like it because I dumpster dived mine! Here is a link to ones from Lehman's :http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=drying+rack

Mine looks like the "Economic Floor Dryer"

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  1:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Hiya
I know my mom has an awesome one. Its from some sort of Amish market. Really sturdy. I got a really nice one from ..yep..u guessed it Walmart. It actually lasted me quite a few years...5 anyways. I was the not cheap on but the not really expensive one either.
hugs
jessie

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  6:47:34 PM  Show Profile
I have a european style drying rack I picked up while shopping at IKEA last summer in Chicago. It sits about 4 ft high and folds out rather than up. I can typically dry an entire load of shirts or pants on it, plus it is great for laying my hand knitted sweaters on to dry. You may be able to google and find a rack such as this.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  04:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
the ones I have are from Lehmans (non electric catalog). They are so sturdy I can hang a big load of jeans on them. I tried that with other ones and they broke. They are made super big and sturdy. They are a bit pricey but the electric co. we have they paid for themselves in no time. We have one of the highest in Ohio.
They are online at www.Lehmans.com

They have 2 sizes and they run between 65 and 77 dollars but they are made super duper. They are made from hardwood not pine.
They carry non electric things and stuff you can not find anywhere else. They even carry wringer washers and washboards.

Linda

Each day is precious...take a few of those minutes for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  05:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Do you have a colony near you that does wood working? We have Huetterite Colonies all over around here. They can make just about anything. Call or stop one on the street and inquire. They could even make the ones that mount to the wall and fold up when not in use. I get some produce, meats and handiwork from them and its always well made.

Aimee

"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic."-Rosalind Russell
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  07:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I bought two adjustable ones from Target.
They are white powdercoat finished steel ones and are pretty sturdy. I have been pretty happy with them.
The adjustable part is the width of the unit.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  2:10:51 PM  Show Profile
You might also want to check out vintage stores. I got an old one from a friend who has an antique store where I live and I love it. It is large enough to hold a whole load of clothes including jeans. It is also made of much stronger dowels than the smaller ones. Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Clothing racks... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page