Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Becoming a coach.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I played soccer and volleyball but I really want to get involved in the local school's teams, maybe starting at the elementary level and moving up, since I have no experience. How should I approach this? Just be bold and go talk to the principal or athletic director?? I love the idea of shaping a child's future and love of a sport while focusing on good conduct, sportsmanship, ethics, teamwork, leadership. etc.

Any suggestions???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  2:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
If you want to start at the elementary level, then my best advice would be to apply at whatever School District you want to work at for a Teachers Aide position...I'm not sure if that would be a cut in pay for you or not, but if it is your dream then it is worthwhile!!! I did the same thing...I went from 60K a year working at a bank in the city to 30K a year as a teacher in a rural town....and I LOVE IT!!!! We cut corners and changed our lifestyle, and all of my city friends wonder where my brain went...but I am sooo stress free now and the love you give and receive is amazing!!!!!!!! I know in my district, if you aide for 2 years, then the district pays for you to go get your degree...might be something you are interested in!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  2:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just think I would love it!! I loved to play sports just to play, not win. I will check out the Aide possibility because since you are in Texas, I am sure we are very similiar. That would be awesome!!! Thanks for the ideas.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  8:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather, You may also look into the cities summer rec programs. But I would simply decided what age level you want to work with and Jump in - schools are usually so greatful for a willing soul! R

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Becoming a coach.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page