Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 New Member from the Waha Mountains, Idaho
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Member from the Waha Mountains, Idaho Next Topic  

CarharttQueen
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Miriam
Soldier's Meadow Idaho
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  3:58:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody!

I've browsed the Farmgirl Connection for a while now and finally decided to join! (It helps that we actually have internet at home now.) My name is Miriam, and I'm a city girl becoming a country girl who lives in the nearly untamed and uninhabited mountains of Waha, south of Lewiston, Idaho, with my husband, Amos, baby girl, Jessica (6 months old) and baby #2 due in February 2009. We have 5 acres that we've lived on since we got married in August, 2006 (we even had our wedding here on the property!), and have a pole building shop that we call home for now, until we build a house. Amos works as a R.N. in Lewiston, so I get to go to town a couple times a week and give piano lessons while Grandma and Auntie get time with Jessica! But for the most part, I spend my time at home, trying to live a farmgirl life. I enjoy cooking, sewing and handcrafts, gardening, yardsale-ing and spending time with my family. I also love reading, and that's how I discovered MaryJanes Ideabook. Before I married, I was a librarian and one day saw the MaryJane book come through, and thought "that looks really neat!"---and sure enough, it was!

I'm looking forward to "meeting" some of you and getting to chat.

Miriam
P.S. My name "CarharttQueen" is because my husband adores Carhartt clothing so much that he won't wear anything else (except scrubs at work). After I let Amos and his best man wear Carhartts in our wedding, he nicknamed me the Carhartt Queen.

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  5:05:41 PM  Show Profile
Howdy from Texas Miriam and from one former librarian to another, welcome to the farm! I think you'll fit right in. I'm glad you found us. It sounds like you have a busy and wonderful life. Congrats on baby #2-do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? Have you got names picked out? How I miss having little ones underfoot-you are a lucky and blessed girl. I hope you enjoy the forum and the farm girl life :)
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  6:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello from mid-MI! I'm new too. Welcome! Congrats on the new baby coming! You all must be thrilled. Hats off to you for the Carhartts. Tells a lot about you and your relationship. Had to look up Lewiston on google maps but it seems that I'm doing that a lot after joining this forum. It's been very interesting already! I'm sure you'll have fun here.

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  6:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Miriam, Welcome from Washington State....I love the "name" carhart queen.. So adorable.. I am a mom of 4 boys ranging in age from 22, 11...I am glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  6:47:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, sounds like you are going to fit right in here...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Miriam. It sounds like you'll fit right in. Now you need the very newest MJ book. Her living outside book. Excellent. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  7:25:37 PM  Show Profile
A Georgia welcome goes out to you,Glad you decided to join us. Cant wait to get to know you. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  9:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Miriam!! I just know you will love it here. I am glad you found us!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  10:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
wecome to you miriam from the last frontier. living in a pole building sounds like heaven to me as our cabin is 24x24 with 3 people, 9 parrots, and a cello (it takes up as much space as a person so must be counted lol) we have 5 acres on a mountain north of fairbanks alaska,with 40 baby chicken and 3 cows (the latest additon being a dexter milk cow that we are hoping is bred back laready!) i think you will fit right in here. i have only been a member a short time and am totally hooked!
peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  09:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi Miriam....welcome to the forum! It sounds like a perfect place for you! Amos and I have the RN thing in common. And I play the piano...so you and I have that in common too!! Glad you joined us, here! Welcome...from a fellow farmgal....in Pennsylvania.

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  08:41:48 AM  Show Profile
Miriam, Welcome from Arizona! You are going to love it here! All of the ladies are so nice! It is just great. I hope you have fun here!
Monica

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Miriam. Sending you a big Kentucky bluegrass welcome!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Miriam, another welcome from Central Washington! Enjoy your time here...it's a great spot.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Miriam as a mother of sons I hope my boys find a girl who would let them wear Carhart's to their wedding. Love it! Hats off to you oh and Welcome. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

CarharttQueen
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Miriam
Soldier's Meadow Idaho
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  1:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  5:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Miriam, you sound like my kinda gal! We have alot in common. Hope to get to know ya better.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  06:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Miriam! Glad to meet you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Member from the Waha Mountains, Idaho Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page