Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 Those wonderful Sisters on the Fly campers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Those wonderful Sisters on the Fly campers! Next Topic  

Renee M. in Michigan
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Renee
Allendale MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  5:06:15 PM  Show Profile

I am hoping MaryJane of the Bee Hive Cottage will find this post, or anyone else that can help me. Thanks to her inspiration, we are currently on the lookout for a little travel trailer pre-1970 vintage. I LOVE the pictures of the "Sisters on the Fly" members' rigs on MaryJane's blog. Gawd, they are all adorable!
Here's the addy for anyone who wants to check them out:
http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com/

I am wondering -- where do those gals find all those wonderful items to fill their trailers with? They all seem to stick, more or less, to a vintage cowgirl theme. I am already starting a small stash to fill our future camper with -- in vintage aqua and reds of course.

And MaryJane Miss Bee Haven, if you are reading this, did you restore your little beauty yourself? We're hoping to find something clean, leak-free, and usable now that can be restored later on.

-- Thanks, Renee M. up in the mitten

Farmgirl #211
No woman ever made history by behaving herself.

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  06:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Renee! We originally bought our camper when we first started doing cleanup/demolition on the old farmhouse. There was no place to go to get out of the sun/dust/heat to even take a break and no people anywhere. I saw the camper sitting in the parking lot of a church a block from our house in Louisville on my way home from work one day. I drove around the block and wrote down the phone number. It belonged to the youth pastor of the church and he and his wife used it on camping trips. He had been called to a church out of the state. It was in really nice condition. My dh has been using it to store gardening stuff in since we bought the vintage mobile home we use now. When I noticed that the roof really needed painting, I just decided to paint the entire thing and then, after being inspired by the SOTF and Maryjane Lee, I've decided to 'save it' from my pack rat dh and clean it out. I'm going to do everything I can on the inside myself. I really enjoy doing things myself whenever I can. It's so satisfying to accomplish things on my own. The cabinets are still fine and the appliances are too. I'm hoping that it's mostly cleaning/scrubbing that will be involved. When we had water lines installed last year, I had the guys put a line just outside the camper so I can eventually hook it up to water and be able to have running water and use the bathroom. My bff Susan bought a teardrop camper a couple of years ago and she says she still sees them for sale in a local 'Auto Trader' paper here. She put an ad in the auto trader asking for one and someone called her within a week. Her dh did work on the inside(I think he did a lot of work) and hers is really cute now. She only paid $500.00 for hers and we paid 1,000.00(we bought ours nearly 8 years ago, though.).

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Jul 09 2008 10:55:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:08:49 AM  Show Profile
Renee, I saw on the SOTF website (sorry, haven't figured out how to do links yet on this forum) that they have some of those cute items for sale like the cowgirl throw pillows.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
And when I was at Miss Wilma's last Saturday, she had some really cute pillows with a cowgirl saying on them in the 'pillow room'(yes, an entire room full of the cutest pillows you've ever seen!)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  12:38:51 PM  Show Profile
I really loved looking at all those campers too, and the innards stuffed with beautiful farmgirl/cowgirl treasures. It just looks like magic to me, opening the door to what appears to be a very nice, but utilitarian structure, but it turns out to be like Ali Baba's cave! I'm glad i read all those fairy tales when I was young. I feel so lucky to have found this site and all these amazing women. It is very inspiring.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  5:40:17 PM  Show Profile
These campers are so inspiring to me that I started revamping our little '69 Aristocrat (which is NOT at all aristocratic). So far, I'm making a big mess - ripping stuff out - and I'm feeling like I opened a big can of worms, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?! My goal is to create more functional space and to seal up all creepy spaces, and then it's all about cuteness. I'm imagining a very woodsy theme...thanks for the gumption, Sisters on the Fly!

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:25:55 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see everyone's photos. We are working on ours too. Just bought it July 5th at a garage sale.

I'll post photos soon too. My husband would like to get a trip in with it yet this summer.

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  06:23:41 AM  Show Profile
We found a tailer on ebay the other day but it was a little pricier than hubby wanted so I am still on the lookout!!

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Those wonderful Sisters on the Fly campers! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page