jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2005 :  12:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Meg - Hello to you! Your title should be farmer's daughter! :)
I always enjoy your posts and thank you for checking in and chiming in. I agree, it is fun to take a topic and let it roam because it always leads in a completely surprising direction.

That must be one of the fun parts of publishing a magazine...your minds get to run and play.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2005 :  09:20:52 AM  Show Profile
I didn't know where I should post this... I just recieved a heartwarming note in the mail from CindyLou! It just made my day! Thank you so very much Cindy for taking the time out of your busy, busy schedule to "touch" so many... And thanks to MaryJane and all for the good works they are accomplishing. I can hardly wait for May and the arrival of the book and magazine! Jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2005 :  2:03:02 PM  Show Profile
The thing that I find especially wonderful about Mary Jane and all of her staff is that they DO take the time to touch us one way or the other. I have never felt anonomous here, and always recieve some sort of acknowledgement from one of the staff for what ever I have shared with them. I am with you Jenny in feeling very heart felt appreciation for these little kindnesses.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2005 :  05:36:12 AM  Show Profile
I received an e-mail from CIndyLou as well. They are all so super there. By the way Meg postd a poem of mine on their website about my grandmother. I was so honored!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2005 :  05:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Kim- I would love to read the poem. Would you tell me where on the website it is posted? I looked around the MJF site and did not see it. Thanks!
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2005 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Ditto on that Kim! We would all love to read your poem!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2005 :  10:12:15 AM  Show Profile
If you go to the page about the magazine, click on Keeping In Touch. This will take you to a page with MJ's daughter Meg on the front. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Family Traditions. The poem is called "What is a Grandmother". I wrote it for her as a Christmas Present one year. When she passed away my father found it with her funeral arrangements, requesting it be read at her funeral.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2005 :  10:29:46 AM  Show Profile
KIm, I just read your poem about your precious grandmother... Very beautiful and heartfelt memories. You are so blessed to have that kind of love in your life! Thanks for sharing. Jenny

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2005 :  11:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your kind words, Jenny. She's the force behind my loveof farms and my guardian angel.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2005 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kim for directing us to your poem. Your poem is beautiful. May we all be the kind of grandmother yours was, and may all our grandchildren realize it the way you did!

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2005 :  1:48:27 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone's grandchildren can have the special relationship I did. Though it has been 8 yrs since she passed, I miss her still.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2019 :  6:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Just reading about the country roads. I have lived in the country for most of my life. Small town girl and so on. The road my hubby and I live on is just a back road that gets very little traffic. We live a good half mile of the road and I love the stillness of living off the beaten path. I'm not one to like the hustle and bustle of the city. In the fall the colors of the leaves never cease to amaze me. In the spring when the new leaves are just starting to peep through, my heart sings with joy. I love our little bitty back country road.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Country Roads Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page