K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  4:20:52 PM  Show Profile
I was busy, I hung out twoloads of laundry to dry outside, made a trip to town,picked up my sewing machine from the shop where I had it adjusted & serviced, bought myself a coat. We're expecting snowdhowers possibly tonight, and its turned really Cold here only 45 today, When I got home I made a batch of prune jam, decided what's for dinner and posted a few more pictures on my site. Please visit anytime & leave a comment if you's like.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  6:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I studied for my tests that are due tomorrow! ugh.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  6:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
1 load of laundry, another bag of "stuff" to sell, cleaned and wiped down all the small appliances- how do we make so many crumbs??? Swept all the floors, steam cleaned the bad parts of the carpet. Sat in the sun and soaked it in.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  6:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I took my son to his yearly heart checkup. We got some tough news but not horrible. I posted on my blog about our trip to the doc if you'd like to read what all we found out. After the checkup, I went to work, then grabbed a bite of lunch. Reading more of my new issue of Mary Jane's Farm and CardMaker magazine, cooked dinner and watched a lil tv.

Melanie

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  7:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Listed 22 items on ebay . . . one already sold with a "buy it now." Here is the link:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/bouncingpig_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZQQ_sopZ12

That and laundry and a quick trip to Costco.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  7:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, Posted on your site.. Nice boots!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  7:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
I just looked at your blog too and I will pray for Matt. That must be hard, especially as a single Mama. Sounds like you ae close to your Mom and Sister though, which is a real blessing. You are very creative . . . love your candle jars and your boot planter.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for your prayers! Matthew seems to be adjusting to his medication very well. He's not having any dizzy spells or anything like that. The doc had also told us this med was used in anxiety patients. Matthew has always been a bit high strung and easy to set off. Since he started taking this pill, he has not flown off the handle once. I'm not sure if that's linked to the pill or what. But it has been so nice.

Melanie

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  12:03:11 PM  Show Profile
Hubby and I went to the Home Depo to look at light fixtures ;
We are currently building our retirement home.
We picked out the prettiest stained glass hanging light to go over our dinning room table.
We looked at some counter tops.
Which we got into a argument; cause I didn't like what he picked out and he didn't like what I picked out.
Hopefully we can decide on that. Ha. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  12:59:46 PM  Show Profile
I am working on re-organizing and cleaning up the back room where everything seems to collect. Tools, craft stuff, lumber, flower pots and gardening tools, gourds, bags of pine needles and pine cones and various other things that really could be put out in a shed. I'm really bad at putting things away right away and that room always accumulates stuff that has to go outside or in a shed and I stick it there until I can get to putting it elsewhere. Then it all piles up, we can't use the wood stove in there because stuff is on top of or next to that, too, and it takes me an entire day to straighten it all out again. We keep all of our power tools in there anyway because it's dry and they won't rust in there. But NOBODY ever puts them back in their designated cubby when done.

Right now I'm taking a break with a cup of tea and waiting for dh to come home with our new OUTPOST ON WHEELS! A friend of dh wanted to get rid of it and offered to us so that he wouldn't have to pay storage fees to haul it down to Boise. He just bought a bigger, newer one and didn't need this one anymore. It's really cool. Fully self contained and just right for the 2 of us with our dogs. I'll show you all later when it gets here.

Oh, it's here! Gotta go. Be back later.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamaries.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  4:32:24 PM  Show Profile
I went to church, had breakfast with a friend, then we went to goodwill for halloween costume, had a culver's sundae, came home, had a cat nap.

Soon I will make dinner and fold laundry.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Well....let's see....took a bath, changed the sheets, did laundry, ran to the market, gave the cat her medicine, cleaned up the house and kitchen, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher (in reverse order), talked to my daughter, made some tapioca pudding and worked on making some Halloween cards and now I am going to go get my jamies on, lay in bed and do some handwork and watch t.v. and then read Laura Engles book...the 4th or 5th one....but can't remember the title and finish reading my Mary Englebreit magazine.....ah....goodnight!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  8:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have spent all day cleaning and doing homework! It is very snowy out so it was nice to be safe and warm in the house.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  07:34:43 AM  Show Profile
I didn't get back on last night to see this by my Sunday was spent painting the headboard my mom bought at the habitat for Humanity Restore. she didn't get a chance to paint it before she got whisked away to New Orleans for the storm. She comes home next weekend so I thought I would have it all done and in her room. Redid the apple jelly and hoping it sets better, canned 6 pints applesauce, 7 1/2 pints tomato and apple chutney, and 6 qts & 7 pints butternut squash soup. Struggled with the pressure canner. I need a new gasket and have not been able to find one that fits. Guess I'll have to order it on line. Ace Hardware has been the best at canning supplies this late in the year. he neighbor came by to blow out my irrigation system (supposed to freeze tonight). I'm very thankful he cares as he built the house and shakes his head at the little things he wished he did different. A stop at the bookstore and finished the night reading the second "Ember" book.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  08:07:07 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I spent at the Adams County Apple Festival, it was really alot of fun! Weather was sunny and actually too warm. My favorite part was the tractor square dancing, never saw that before! Inspired us all to go square dancing some evening...
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:30:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, I know nobody wants to hear about what I'm doing at work today ;) so I'll tell you what I did yesterday in the real world.

I went for a good 2 hr walk yesterday morning. Found a new trail at the edge of the river gorge and saw both deer and wild turkeys within about 10 feet of each other (and only about 100 feet from a busy road - this is right in the middle of the city).

Came home and did some laundry.

My husband was cleaning out the garage. This is very exciting because he's been down on his cars and hasn't touched them for the past two years. He finally got rid of some parts that were piled up in the yard, including an entire 318 engine with tranmission. A young man passing by stopped to pick up an axle from our curb and got talked into taking the whole mess. I can't believe the two of them managed to lift the engine and transmission into the back of this guy's pickup! It took 45 minutes for them to figure out how to do it, and injuries were narrowly avoided! I hope he gets lots of money at the scrap yard.

While all this was going on, I was painting the window trim on our first floor windows. We just had our second story painted by professionals, so I'm touching up the bottom to match. The house is looking better than ever.

We didn't get our supper until after 8, and we were so tired we went straight to bed afterwards. Very successful and productive weekend, and the weather was beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  11:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Well, yesterday we went to an Autumn Festival and I that was ok. Not many crafters there this year and there usually are. I also did three loads of laundry and hung them out to dry.
Today, I got up and started the laundry, I folded yesterdays clothes and washed three more loads and hung them out to dry. Now I need to bring them in and put the clean, fresh sheets on our bed. I have to peel some potatoes and make two large crossword puzzles for our homeschool history coop class.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  11:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Cleaned up the house from the weekend, one load of laundry, homework, finished organizing my master bedroom closet, cleaned out the filter on my vacuum (icky!!!)

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  12:19:18 PM  Show Profile
I had a hard day yesterday, major pain episode, so tedious, but I did manage to get outside to admire the last of the flowers blooming in my garden, then went for a foliage run with my daughter. The leaves are so glorious, and there are certain back roads I like to check in on. I took pictures but I doubt they'ss be any good.

Today very cold and rainy, I am still dealing with pain, but I did get some little quilts pieced this morning and am putting th e borders on a couple tiny ones I made at my quilt retreat....visual results are always good. Time to put my sweater back on and make a cup of tea, then I have to run a couple of errands in town and think of something to cooik for supper.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  4:00:47 PM  Show Profile
I worked on my blog! Posted how to Make Your Own Cards & Save $$.

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  4:16:45 PM  Show Profile
I did NOTHING today but talked to my sis in Colorado. And my Mom. I even took a nap! Oh, what a lazy day.

It's nearly 7:30 here and almost dark. Time for bed again!

Goodnight ya'll! Kris
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  7:42:21 PM  Show Profile
I went to breakfast with my friend Lisa. She suggested we hit the local thrift store. I had never been there before.
They are usually only open weird hours so I am at work then.

They are moving to a new location soon. So, they are trying to thin out what they have to move. They had a 5 dollar per bag sale.

In my shopping bag I fit:
1 Liz Claiborne Denim Skirt (Long and darn cute!)
1 Tiny little DKNY jeans denim jacket for my tiny little daughter
1 Old Navy fall jacket for my DD
1 Gorgeous wool jacket style sweater (brand new, with tags on it from Macy's.)
1 Ralph Lauren knit shirt with french cuffs and collar.
1 tiny little black sweater for my daughter
1 new purse-it is a brand name I recognize, but can't remember because I am tired.

Ironically, I was drooling over a wool sweater at Target the other day, but didn't want to spend 35 bucks on it.
(In the past I would have bought it anyways. I have been really working on my impulse buying over the last year.)
So, as I was walking away, I said a little prayer for a cheap warm sweater to wear at our meat locker of an office. God always provides!
I know that sweater was there for me.
I know I am silly, but I am happy, so I don't care.

After that I did five loads of laundry. Baked brownies.
After dinner, I took my daughter to the football game in the next town over so she could perform at halftime with her dance studio.
Right now I am waiting for my feet to thaw!!!! It got darn chilly tonight! All I can say is Thank You Jesus for polar fleece!!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlof4
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Angela
Canyon Country California
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  8:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlof4 a Yahoo! Message
I was in my 6 year old class finishing up art work. Now I knew to be careful and not wear anything that I cared to much about! Wow the kids kept themselves fairly clean no real disasters I was proud of myself! As I get ready for bed this evening I found green paint in my EAR!

.....always a farmgirl at heart!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlof4
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Angela
Canyon Country California
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  8:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlof4 a Yahoo! Message
Kate, that is amazing what great deals, I bought one of those Ralph Lauren sweaters with mock shirt top and cuffs and it cost a fortune I am heading to the thrift store tomorrow! You are not silly you are a girl after my own heart! God bless!

.....always a farmgirl at heart!
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  9:07:05 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I went to the Smokey Mountains today. It's a 4 hour drive from where we live in Dickson County, so 4 hours there and 4 hours back. But it was worth the long drive. The mountains are sopretty right now with all the trees in their autumn colors. It was a beautiful sunny day. It was 85 degrees in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN, on the Smokies it was a very pleasant 65 degrees. We had a great time, but sure are glad to be home. Next time we plan to stay the night and do much more sight seeing, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are fun towns, with lots to do.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  9:23:01 PM  Show Profile
I agree Angela, great deals if you dig at the Thrift store. I would never buy myself a Lauren shirt or my daughter a DKNY denim jacket brand new. Wayyyy to expensive.
If I buy new, it is usually the 75% off rack at Target.

I just had a great day chilling out with the dog while the kids were at school and having a fun breakfast with one of my best friends.
The only problems I had was the dog got mad and whiney because I was folding clothes on HIS couch. (He lets us sit on it.) and my DD and I got into a spat about why we don't wear tank tops when it is 45 degrees outside.
I know, in both cases, I am such a mean Mom. LOL

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What did you do today? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page