BabyBird
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Deana
Pine Knot Kentucky
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  4:25:33 PM  Show Profile
When I was a little girl my grandma would always act like she was a momma bird and I was the baby bird and she would feed me - that was the only I would eat - she is now very sick and I act like shes the baby bird and I'm the momma bird to get her to eat. She made everything in my life so wonderful - thats were I got my screen name.
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile
easy, mine is my trademarked business name
Connie

Also visit my online store @ www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://naturemaidenbathbodyproduct.blogspot.com (Personal Blog)

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

Go to Top of Page

TurkeyGirl
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Carrie
Wellington OH
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:18:15 PM  Show Profile
This is a great way to learn about the other people on this forum.
TurkeyGirl sounds like I should have some kind of super-human powers, like to gobble or something. I breed heritage turkeys: bourbon reds, midget whites, blue slates. (Red, White and Blue -- which is where my farm name comes from -- Red, White and Blue Turkey Farm).
Carrie
Wellington,OH

Opportunity is often missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, when I was signing up blackeyed peas were heavy on my mind. I waited a little longer that I should have to get them planted and have been watering and babying them to get em up and going. My childhood was full of lots of peapicking. We picked several big paper grocery bags full at a time and spent summers sitting in the house with my mother' all of us shelling peas while she watched soap operas. I don't watch any but still hear the theme song to Days of Our Live. You know the sand in the hour glass. She blanched them and put them in the freezer and we ate them all winter. I don't miss the soap operas but I sure do miss the black eyed peas.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  9:31:25 PM  Show Profile
My screen name came from my online quilt business I used to have, MollyMae Quilts. (I made cute little hankie-decorated baby quilts)

Molly - Farmgirl #625
"As waves upon my head the circling curl, So in the sacred dance weave ye and whirl. Dance then, O heart, a whirling circle be. Burn in this flame - is not the candle He?" -Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  11:07:45 AM  Show Profile
I am a wildcrafter for fun and for my living.

----------------------------------------------------------
I woke up on January 1st and it was 2009.
And it's been that way ever since!

www.goodnaturedearthling.com
Cedar Mountain Herb School
http://goodnaturedearthling.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:19:18 PM  Show Profile
LaVonna, thank you so much for sharing those lyrics! I hope you don't mind if I copy them for myself to re-read over and over!

Deana, what a beautiful story! You are one blessed granddaughter and it's obvious the love between you and your grandma. Best wishes and happy thoughts to her.

And Sharlet, I have those exact same summer memories, except it was my grandmother watching her "stories"! She never missed an episode of Days of Our Lives or All My Children or As the World Turns!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:28:32 AM  Show Profile
My screen name came from the fact that I married the love of my life almost 3 years ago, and his name is Chadd. He kisses me every morning to wake me up and call's me his "pretty girl". So, that's where I came up with Chaddsgirl as a screen name.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:20:29 AM  Show Profile
I use "1930sgirl" as my screen name, because that's what my family calls me.

I like 1930's furniture, fabrics, and the thrift of the Depression Era. My Dad says I was born too late and my sister says I only want things that were invented before 1930. That's not exactly accurate...since I am using a computer right now. However, I don't own a cell phone or even a dishwasher. I like the simple things in life and I try to live as simply as I can.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Weedy Ways
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Lynn
OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  1:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone ...
Weedy Ways - it's the name of my business and it shows where my passion lies ... in weeds (herbs).

It's interesting to read throughout and see what everyone has said!

WeedyWays ~ Lynn (farmgirl 626)

WeedyWays.com ~ for a healthier happier and better you! Customized herbals, Watkins Products (since 1868!), Nature's Sunshine and Arbonne ... with attention to special needs including Gluten Free!
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  2:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am interested in how some of you ladies decided on your screen names.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  6:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julie.....I'm glad you picked this thread back up...'cause I have been interested in this subject for a while! My screen name...my youngest, Kirk born in '71. So......I became Kirk's Mom in 1971. :) ergo....Kirksmom71!!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

luckilady
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Jennifer
Loxahatchee Fl
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  7:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Luckilady = everything I prayed for as a little girl and received by the grace of God as a wife and mother. I have a family, that is all I ever wanted. Blessings to all those that struggle and find peace and happiness in the simple things and the love that brings!

~Jennifer

Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ~ John Maxwell

Farmgirl Sister #3375
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  7:38:26 PM  Show Profile
How I decided on my screen name was that I already used torismimi for another forum so since her brother came along I thought it would be nice to have one for him too. Now they have a younger brother but I don't use his. Not enough forums. LOL.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  4:47:59 PM  Show Profile
I called myself Rosemary when I discovered that my name, Mara, was already taken. Rosemary is my favorite herb, and I do like the name. I don't mind at all when sister farmgirls call me that :)
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  4:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Originally posted by Miss Bee Haven

And here I always thought you were just 'fessing up to being naughty ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Sheepless in Seattle
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Paula
Everett WA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  7:28:41 PM  Show Profile
The first name I picked was "Dumb Cluck". But then I got an email from MJ's office asking if I might pick something a little more positive. I thought it was funny and with all the new stuff I'm learning, true. Nevertheless, I chose Sheepless in Seattle as a play on words from the famous movie Sleepless in Seattle. I live a few miles north of Seattle and have no sheep!
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  9:22:12 PM  Show Profile
So fun reading how everyone chose their name. Mine is an obvious one. Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I got my degree in instrumental conducting and now I get my music fix by teaching flute and piano and performing when I get a chance.

But there is also my more important role in my life. That as mommy. Wouldn't change that for the world!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  08:19:56 AM  Show Profile
The original owner of our home designed and built a straw bale home and called his place Wildgrasses because he was focusing on sustainable living and prairie restoration around the property. When we moved in, we brought our horses and dogs and cats, then the bees came, then the chickens came, so it became more of a ranch. So we started referring to our place as Straw House Ranch which I think is more fitting. I picked that up to use as my screen name and I use it for my labels that I insert in the handbags I make.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  10:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Mine came from the fact I live in Kansas but was born and raised in Missouri

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  1:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Well mine is because of my motorcycle, I own a 2002 honda shadowace.....so ace lady 02

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  6:27:44 PM  Show Profile
I think mine is pretty obvious. I'm on just over 1 acre. I'm under an HOA and can't have "exotic" animals like chickens or goats. The land is rocky, so it's hard to garden except for raised beds. But I can dream that I have a wonderful productive farm.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:28:22 PM  Show Profile
I've never like my real name and when I was a kid I used to always ask my mom - why didn't you name me Ruby instead. So when I got my first computer in 1998, I immediately started using Ruby as my chat room name and I've used it ever since. It's funny because some of my online friends will phone me, and even though they know my real name, they'll still call me Ruby over the phone.
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:48:05 PM  Show Profile
I was born and raised a farmgirl in Indiana. My daughter was born there, we moved from there several years ago. I still get homesick at times, so Hoosier Country for me it is.
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  7:50:09 PM  Show Profile
I used Maggie, which was my family nickname, and added my initials. I've been thinking about shortening it to Maggie B, which sounds less awkward. I really didn't put much thought into it, initially. Anyone else ever alter or change their chat name? MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Screen names Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page