countrybikergal
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Aleta
Waverly Ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  12:50:20 PM  Show Profile
I grew up in the country and riding motorcycles, starting with a little minibike my dad got my brothers, the bikes just kept getting bigger and more powerful until my last one, it was a 2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. I still live in the country but had to sell the Harley because the ex husband smashed it up before finally being ordered out of the house. Maybe some day I'll get another one or just find someone that I can ride with then ride out to The Big Sky Country and just enjoy. For now my main focus is to get back to farming which is my dream.

Aleta :)
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  07:39:05 AM  Show Profile
I chose my screen name because now, in my grown-up years, I am finally beginning to embrace and love who I am and I don't feel the need to label myself as something-or-other like I did in my earlier years. I really like just being Marilyn (the name my mother gave me) Hartman (the name my father gave me) Sullivan (which I earned through a not-always-easy marriage).

Take it easy, but take it.
Go to Top of Page

miles2go
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Jackie
Canterbury CT
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  09:01:19 AM  Show Profile
My grandmother's favorite poem was, "Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening," by Robert Frost. He was a New Englander as am I, and I live in the woods and am embracing the process of living in the moment. So that is how I chose my screen name because he ends his poem with the lines,"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep.

Simplicity & Godly Sincerity, by Grace
Go to Top of Page

Aprilla Rain
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

April
Fort walton beach Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  07:01:49 AM  Show Profile
I was named in honor of spring time and it was raining, though i was born in August my Mama said she wanted spring time year round.
This is usually the user name i have, it just fits....

Aprilla Ault
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  2:24:54 PM  Show Profile
April~I too was born in August, but am named April! Small world! People always ask why my parents chose my name and I tell them they didn't like the name "Augusta"...but in reality my mom babysat a girl named April that she adored and therefore I was named April. :) I love being named April as it's a time of renewal and rebirth. I read a "meaning" one time on some sort of pin or bookmark of some sort in a gift-shop and it said, "Blessings of Spring." I really like that!

My screen name comes from me wanting to spread the light of Christ to everyone and to be a ray of "sonshine" for you all! :)

Farmgirl Hugs!

~April
River Valley Farmgirls
Chapter Leader

~Playing in the Sonshine~
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  06:11:56 AM  Show Profile
I chose my screen name for two reasons. One is a quote by Henry Van Dyke: "Use what talents you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." The second reason is that I love birds, and especially the "common" birds that people don't get excited about. They are little treasures to me just the same. Around here, that's the sparrows.

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile
Amy I love your screen name. Whenever I see it I instantly hear "and the songbirds are singing like they know the score..." I hear Eva Cassady singing it, but I love Christine McVie as well. And I know your screen name isn't songbird, but I love it, because it reminds me of that song.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"It is... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth." - Madeleine L'Engle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  4:27:41 PM  Show Profile
simply said,,, I have always had cats in my home/world,,, and when our only child married I focused my attention on my kitties...
so... Katmom >^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  06:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Mine is very simple - I love to quilt, therefore - quiltee

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  10:55:52 PM  Show Profile
It was just a natural. I used to be on Facebook (for a short time) and wanted a cowgirl silhouette I'd found for my profile picture, but didn't know how to do that. I emailed a friend about it and, instead of instructions, he sent me a photo along with the statement, "I could not imagine you as just a plain cowgirl. You needed wildflowers." The photo was the silhouette on a background of many hills of wildflowers! I'm nuts for wildflowers, so it just stuck with me. :)

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  07:11:52 AM  Show Profile
I love the name Ceridwen (associated with the moon and I love the moon). I like most Celtic names - my daughter's name is Celtic. Had I had more children one of them would have been given that name. I find it so unique.

Thanks for asking! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Flatlander Annie
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Deann
West Jefferson NC - North Carolina
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  10:57:45 AM  Show Profile
I was born, raised and lived all my life (47 years) on the coast of North Carolina. At age 47, I moved to the mountains of North Carolina. My son kept calling me a flatlander every time I did or said something funny. So one day I finally asked and he informed me that anyone "transplanted" to the mountains was known as a flatlander. So, it seemed appropriate and I'll wear it with pride!

FLATLANDER ANNIE
Sister# 6643
Go to Top of Page

ConGrazia
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kathy
Yellville Arkansas
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  04:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Con Grazia is a musical tempo marking meaning "with grace". My other love (besides the country life) is music. I direct a non-profit strings program that donates instruments for 63 rural kids ages 3-18. My primary instrument is the cello. I find, in my very busy life of farming, teaching music and being involved with 8 kids and 9 grandkids, I need reminded that the tempo of the song of my life is set for me, at "Con Grazia", all the time...

With Grace & Truth
Go to Top of Page

Pokeyfire
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kerry
Alamogordo New Mexico
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  4:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I am new to the “farm” and this is actually the first chat room I have ever joined so, I will apologized now for any “chat room” etiquette faux pas I may commit.
My high school math teacher called me Pokey. He said I have two speeds, slow and stop. It stuck. Now I am a firefighter. So, Pokeyfire. :0)

Rain soothes the soul. Sunshine makes everything right.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  05:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I really enjoyed reading through this thread .... Some unique and very interesting screen names and how the ladies came up with them. Keep them coming ladies ....

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  5:31:56 PM  Show Profile
I use the same one on everything,Lowrider my Harley Davidson. After I sold my last horse I had to do something else daring so hubby and I bought matching hogs.

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
https://www.pinterest.com/lowrider04/
http://lowriderchic.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  05:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
WOW!! What a beautiful bike!! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  11:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Is there anyone else willing to share?

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile
was reading through the list was fun
seeing how lot of you settled on your names.

Me ---Kangaroo Kate since I raise wallabies
and have had the name for 16 years. I became
that when I put together the Outback eduation program
16 years ago with my first joey wallaby. I
went to schools, libraries, birthday parties.
later business grew to more exotic animals
then petting zoo and pony rides. People
know me as kate. most people don't know my
"real" name. good for security reasons.
NOW I just have the wallabies.

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  2:02:36 PM  Show Profile
I love this post! It's so cool seeing how everyone picked their names and what they mean. Mine is very simple... I am MaryJane's niece!! My dad is her baby brother!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  3:16:25 PM  Show Profile
I live in Colorado and feel so blessed to be here so that is why I picked my screen name Blessed in Colorado!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Carolina Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Mary
Darlington SC
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  06:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Because I am a Carolina Farm Girl!

--------------------
Mary Ellen
Farm Girl #4730
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  11:28:00 AM  Show Profile
I choose my Screen Name with my Grandmother in mind! I use it in other places too! She loved her flower gardens and I remember her talking of her Old Maids! I am also a redhead so I chose OneRedZinnia; but, I am not an old maid! Lol!

I agree! Great topic!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
...When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile...
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  11:36:17 AM  Show Profile
Too cute Deb. We have just put the name HodgeLodge to all the places we have lived. Our last name and our abode!

Tiana ~ Farmgirl #4817

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2019 :  09:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Fun to read. My name is my middle name and friends use it! My late Mother gave me Krissel as a name and she died before we could know each other. I'm kind of proud of the gift.

Teach them to fish. That they too may share.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Screen names Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page