Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hat Box, old coffee pot, buttons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hat Box, old coffee pot, buttons Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:07:51 AM  Show Profile
Took Heather to work, then the car went to the thrift so I went too. Good thing I did. maybe one of you can tell me what that glass thing is next to the buttons.Love the white coffee pot. I got a pitcher last year. Usually the white is pretty banged up, but this pot is almost perfect.
Milder and 45 here today. Just another month and things will be better.Looking for some color, like flowers and green grass and big maple leaves!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Lovely-lovely things. Love the buttons. I went antiquing last year and bought an old glass jar full. A lot of them look like they were actually cut off of old clothing. Oh, how I wish they could tell me where they have been, lol. Love the box, too. Maybe it held a special hat for someone. Thanks so much for sharing.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Love that coffe pot! Great find. The flowers look so pretty next to it.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Is the glass thing some sort of bottle stopper?
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  11:10:30 AM  Show Profile
Amie, that's what it looks like to me too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  1:40:09 PM  Show Profile
Maybe a stopper from an old perfume bottle?
Nancy...as for your old jewelry. My daughter's great-grandmother used to take a velvet lined gilded frame (which I'm sure she made the whole thing), take a wood Christmas tree shape and paint it gold and then glue different old pieces of costume jewelry to it and I think there was a lace doily at the bottom for a tree skirt. It was GORGEOUS and about 12" X 18" or so but you could make it any size you wanted. I have since handed it down to my daughter but it was brought out every Christmas and I swear that's why she loves jewelry to this day! There's all kinds of things you could do with all of that stuff!
Cover a boudoir lamp? Take a mirror and cover the frame with plaster and set the jewels around the frame of it? You go girl!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hat Box, old coffee pot, buttons Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page