Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  10:04:03 AM  Show Profile
It is insane how the caregivers give and give to everyone but themselves.

I am talking about you and me. As momma, daughter, sister, friend and to some a honey bun, we need to take care of ourselves.

So in honor of all we do, I am going to write a daily meditation here for us to take a moment and give ourselves some regenerating yummy renew.

So here is the first one (I love writing lists so this is how I get through my to do list. I start with an internal chore to practice throughout my day).

Listen to your bodies instinctive wisdom. Our bodies communicate through the emotions of comfort or discomfort. When your body sends signals of distress do you listen or ignore them; thinking it will go away? Give yourself permission to feel any feelings that arise through the day and don't judge yourself or feel guilty.

Hopefully that's a doable challenge. . .
Heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  10:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Heide!! I am so right there with ya!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  08:08:28 AM  Show Profile
Okay day 2

Plant a wish. If you could change anything what would it be? Write down a wish on a piece of paper and plant it with some seeds; watch your wish grow to reality.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  08:55:13 AM  Show Profile
The first one is difficult for me, because I always feel guilty :(
But the second one is cute and am gonna try to do that :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  08:17:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marian, wow that is so cool to find you here. I planted a seed yesterday wishing that our wish's roots meet in the middle of the earth and flowers beyond the stars! Thanks for your interest, see how this one goes for you today.

#3 Live in the now. It is truly the only time we have. How much of your day do you struggle with the way things are presently? Accept the present for all that it is (broken and joyous)appreciate, learn and let go. There are languages that have no past or future tenses. Go the entire day without saying anything about yesterday or tomorrow.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  07:35:55 AM  Show Profile
#4 Order a Catalog. Are you on the mailing list of your favorite seed or outdoor supply company? Get online and sign up for a (usually free) catolog. If you got em order something out of one.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  08:14:15 AM  Show Profile

Trust you belong to this world. Do you ever wonder why your life is happening to you? Just know that there is purpose to chaos and even when we don't know how or why, if we look, we will find signs, directing our path. For several minutes today, close your eyes and let images come and go freely; don't control your thoughts just watch the visions reveal themselves to you.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  08:12:04 AM  Show Profile
#6 Beautify. What is your favorite color? Make a moment to run over to a local nursery (make effort to not stop at Walmart). Pick out several pansies and primroses in the color that attracts you, spend $5 to $10 (whatever you can afford). Then go to someone elses yard (hopefully someone you know but it doesn't have to be)and surprise them with coninually blooming flowers.

YOU GO GIRL!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  08:23:11 AM  Show Profile
Heide, I just found this thread and I'm loving it! Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  08:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the Thanks Lainey. I was hoping it isn't in vain. . . Enjoy shopping for flowers and surprising someone, I know I am.
Best wishes,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Kate2687
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Katie

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile
This is such a good idea!

Come check out my blog for every day inspiration.

northwindshore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:49:49 AM  Show Profile
3 and 5 are almost NOT doable for me DUH!! I seem to be stuck in the past, that is why the talks to my psychologist are SO necessary!!

I LOVE no 4. Catalogs are my vice, lol. I love browsing through them so that one is TOO easy, lol

No 5, lol. I will do that but plant them in MY garden if that's oke with you!! I WILL buy my 2 friends from my street some too, promise! One has her bd next week so....And the other? She just deserves them. They both do!!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  10:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Marian
You are so funny! Your neighbors will love you (they probably already do). I am green with envy you won the apron! I hope your luck is catchy. Enjoy the PRESENT life has to offer you.
Best,h
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Heide-
I love this- I having been working hard on some of your daily challenges- I can't do the flower yet- it's too cold and our home town nursery doesn't have the flower supply in yet- I will do that when the flowers get into town. I have to figure out which neighbor will get them.
Thank you for the effort and time you put in to this!!

xoxo--lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile
ok this one is inspired by Lori, livin where it is too cold to buy flowers.

#7 Make a Bouquet. Is it too cold to go outside and find a bouquet of flowers? Sit with your old seed catologs and cut out your favorite flowers. Then find the biggest paper you can find and cut it out in the shape of a huge heart. Glue all your cut out flowers on it and hang it where you can see it until spring has reached you.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:15:55 AM  Show Profile
Heide- I'm taking off this afternoon from work and do this project this afternoon. thank you for the idea and inspiration!!
xoxo-lori

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  07:20:35 AM  Show Profile
Heide- this was such a great project. I waited until my daughter came home from school we sat down and made 4 hearts- with flowers from seed catalogs and some rubber stamps. Two went to different neighbors and 2 went on the fridge. I haven't sat down with a glue stick in hand for many a years- it was GREAT!! Thanks again for #7
xoxo-- Lori

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  07:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Stretch. Has it been as long for you as has for me since I got to really get a work out in the garden. Stand for a few moments and reach as far as you can towards the sky. Then down towards between your legs. Hang there and relax into a dangle. Let yourself slowly up and reach as far as you can to each side, taking in as much breath as you can. Stand up straight, shoulders back and head high.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  08:03:27 AM  Show Profile
I was just sent this video clip that is so AMAZING.

Has anyone read "Eat, Pray, Love" by Eliazbeth Gilbert?
It goes highly recommended and is such a fantastic read.
Well, here is a talk she gave about her ideas of being a GENIUS and how she believes creative genius is in all of us.

Enjoy

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

let us know what you think. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  08:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Release the burden of judgment. Do you realize that in judging others you shut yourself off from the cycle of understanding and accepting yourself? Know it is just human nature to relate to one another by finding familiarities that leads to comparing. Let yourself go the entire day without thoughts of other people being right or wrong.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile
Drink water. I know it sounds so easy but how much of it do you really absorb? There is a fantasic study/experiment, "The Message From Water" by Masaru Emoto. Where this man put messages next to water than took pictures of the different molecule's shapes. What are you thinking as you drink? Put praise and thanks in as much water as you can drink today.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  08:00:38 AM  Show Profile
Clean out your mental closets. Are there memories that won't go away and haunts you? Something you wish you had never seen and is taking up space in your already too crowded mind. In a safe and quiet place sit and begin to remember, then take over you thoughts, making your memory go the way you would of rather it gone. This can be fun because you can make the outcome change to many different outrageous situations. Laugh out loud (even if you have to fake it at first) at yourself. Make the moment a light and funny one letting the old memory and it's feelings evaperate and float away.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  08:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Laugh. Do you realize the positive power laughter has? It is incredible how it can heal the body, mind and soul. The best way to bring humor to a situation is to laugh at yourself. Try to make fun and be silly for several moments throughout the day even if it is just for you and only you are laughing (out loud).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  09:12:05 AM  Show Profile
Get wild. Have you ever body painted? If you have kids I am sure you have put paint on their hands or feet and put the print on paper. Invite your closest friends or your spouse to get naked with you, spread different colors of finger paints all over your bodies then roll around on butcher paper and see what impression you make.
HA HA April fools day! No seriously ~ why not do it?

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  10:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Today I am being forced to do #1 on your list. I pulled my back yesterday and had to take things slowly this morning. I kept asking myself if it was getting better, putting off work for a little longer and then finally had to cancel work all together, but I am really enjoying just sitting here. I am being thankful for this moment and it must have been meant to be. Ha!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  6:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Heide this is great! Thanks so much for the wonderful words. I really like number 2!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page