Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile
Merry Meet and Mabon blessings to all. This is my favorite season, Mabon to Yule. Blessings to all and enjoy the renewing energy of the full moon.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  12:13:54 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely full moon and clear skies to see it's beauty. Many blessings on you all. It surely feels like autumn even though we haven't frosted yet. The leaves are starting to turn here and there. Not long till the gardens are finished and I can get back to spinning and knitting again.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

the butchers wife
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Kelly
Mo
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile
I like others here, am interested in Christian, Pagan, Earth - based spirituality. It's really a natural fit and feeling for me, in contrast to some traditional religions. I'm really searching for some books to explore this subject further. I haven't found what I am looking for yet. But, I'm really looking for a book that looks at Christian and Pagan faiths or Christian and Earth - based spirituality.
Thanks for any help,
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  6:32:25 PM  Show Profile
When I first got started I was reading Silver Ravenwolf and she does some Christian/Pagan She wrote to Stir a Magick Cauldron and to Ride a Silver Broomstick, however I believe her "American Folk Magick" is the closest to what you may be looking for. Anyway, she is a good place to start.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  4:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Just a note to say Hi, welcome to all the new sisters. hope you are all well. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile
Kelly--you might be interested in the book Earth Prayers by Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon. It contains 365 prayers and invocations from all the major world religions plus Native American and other indigenous peoples.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  8:47:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll! It's been a while since I've checked in with my witchy sisters! I am happy to be feeling the weather change here in the South! A lot of groovy things are going on and one of them is that I am writing a monthly column for paganpages.org called InterWeavings. If you haven't been to paganpages.org a visit is in order! My humble offerings are centered around how we as a home schooling family in the buckle of the bible belt walk our spiritual path with an authentic voice. I'm kind of a pagan Martha Stewart around here! LOL!

anyhoo, Brightest Blessings to all!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Dana!!!!!! so good to 'see' you !!!! I sure am enjoying the cooler weather myself. going to check out the paganpages. take care. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  2:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Merry Meet! I'm really excited to find this thread and the timing couldn't be better. A couple of weeks ago I started coming back to MJ forum because my life started feeling so empty and without meaning and without purpose. I've been reading MJF Magazine and it tugged at my heart so much I just had to come back!
I've been earth-centric-Wicca since reading Marion Zimmerman Bradly's Mist of Avalon and joined a local SCA group. It's been at least 10 years since I've done anything besides look up at the full moon and sigh. I've made room for an altar in my room and dusted off the few books I have left. If this group is still open I would love to join.

Blessings,
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  2:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Greetings to all from a "long lost" witchy farmgirl. It has been months since I have even gotton on this thread to read. But looking out from my front porch and seeing the bright full moon the other night for some reason made me feel so very much at peace within myself. Then I thought about getting back on here and seeing what was going on with everyone. The earth-based concept that some of you have been talking about very much interests me. I had a grandmother (part American Indian) who I had a very unique relationship with. Even tho she was also a member of the LDS, she taught me a great deal about the Indian way of reverance for Mother Earth. Even tho I was also raised LDS I am no longer a member. I feel much closer to the Pagan, Wiccan, Mother Earth concept of worship. Have to get back to reading all my books and getting the ones you all have recommended.

I know I've rambled on here, but seeing the moon and reading this thread just brought me back to reality and knowing what it is I need in my life.

Blessings to all you wonderful ladies for all your comments - I derive so much comfort and enjoyment when I'm reading this thread. I'm glad to be back.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  5:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Glad tidings to you, Annie. Happy to have you back.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  12:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annie, welcome back !!!! wasn't that full moon beautiful?? I almost didn't mind the 2 am doggy walks looking at that moon. LOL. glad to have you here.

Hi Cynthia, welcome !!! glad you are here. it gets kinda quiet around here sometimes, but visit often, and share your journey. what books are you reading?

bright blessings to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  7:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, everyone! I thought I would jump in here...I've recently (in the past three months) been drawn to Pagan/Earth based spirituality/Wicca and have been reading as much as I can. Its answered so many questions for me, explained so many things I have always felt, but couldn't put my finger on. I'm working through reading this thread...

Its so nice to have this group here on MJF - is it just this thread or is there a henhouse too? I only know one other person in real life who is a Pagan and we talk often but she's very new to it as well. I'm hoping to learn from those of you who are more experienced in your journey. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  07:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmmilkmama, there was talk of a henhouse, but I don't think it ever got started. at least for now, we wanted everyone to be able to be involved and many folks right now can't afford to become an official sister. although I may have missed something, have a bit of a memory problem, must have something to do with being 29 again, and again. LOL.

glad you are here. there are some really smart ladies here that can help with your journey. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Hey Amy! Nice to see you here! I SOOO enjoy your blog! You have a great way with words!

Nice to have all you new and returning ladies here too! I always enjoy reading about what everyone is doing and reading.

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  05:40:39 AM  Show Profile
I am wondering if there is anyone here would would have the time and be willing to answer some questions for me off the forum? Being new on the path,I DO NOT want to take over this thread...but I inevitably have a few questions, thoughts, etc...it would be nice to have someone to talk to on a more personal level since I'm pretty alone here at home (regarding my beliefs). Me, my books and I... :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  07:34:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Amy, I would be happy to talk to you off the forum, unfortunately I'm still learning and searching myself. there are some really experienced ladies here, and I'm sure someone will be more than willing to help you. in the meantime, as your questions here, a lot of us could benefit from the answers. I don't think anyone would think you are trying to take anything over. Know what you mean about being alone, I'm blessed with my hubby and daughter who share my beliefs. everyone else around here starts conversations with where do you go to church?

looking forward to getting to know you. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  07:38:46 AM  Show Profile
I, too, would be interested in answers, Amy. Still doing this thing alone and have gotten myself overwhelmed trying to read books and figure out where to start.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  09:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
Pyhillis I'm reading Earth Magic by Scott Cunningham currently also some off topic books like a book about dying from his holiness the Dalai Lama. Some reason I'm drawn to read about death in a spiritual way. I have a kinship feeling with Hecate that goes back years.
I'm still looking for better books to read on Wicca that delves into the connection of Earth and Goddess/Gods. I have the Golden Bough (never read) and various other books like Fairy Wicca (haven't really read much of that one).
Now I just have to stop being lazy and really start my research on it.

Hugs and cheers!
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  10:02:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to you all. So glad I could get on the computer - what with the hurricane and snow we're having up here at the current moment. Does sound like there are a number of us "newbies" who would relish being able to ask our questions on this open forum and having the more experienced help us. I'm all for it. Like, which are the best books to read - you could buy your own library trying to find which books are right for what you're looking for. And, how DO you address people when they ask which church or religion you belong to. That's always been a tricky one for me.

I'm so grateful that we do have this thread and can be open about who we are and what we believe in. I've always thought that life is much too short to be judgemental of others who don't have the same beliefs as you (plus it's such a waste of time and energy). I don't judge others, so I would hope that others wouldn't judge me for what I believe in.

Proud to be who I am,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  8:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Oddly enough, the question that came to me as I was driving home this evening from my son's play rehearsal in the very quiet car was "I need some music!! I wonder what my Pagan/Wiccan friends are listening to?" Music is a big part of my life and many years ago as a Christian, music was part of my "worship". I feel like I am missing something now by not having an appropriate music. Does that make any sense at all? I know a friend who said their are a lot of Wiccan sort of "chant" cds but I am not sure where to start looking. I have always liked the group Dead Can Dance and they seem to "fit", but other than that I'm lost. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  10:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Amy,

Not sure it's really pagan/witchy music but I always feel really connected to Celtic music. Anything with flutes, fiddles, drums and/or bagpipes. Especially drums!! I like when the singing is in Gaelic too. I haven't bought any CDs in a looong time but some of my favorites are Enya, Anie Minogue, Capercaillie, and Runrig. I also adore anything by Stevie Nicks! :) My best friend recently gave me a couple of CDs by Libana, they are rounds, chants and songs for celebration and ritual. Hope some of that helps!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  1:27:42 PM  Show Profile
I second listening to Celtic music, but you might like Native American music too--I listen to Joanne Shennendoah, Mary Youngblood, Karen Therese--I love native flute and the song lyrics are very Earth-centered. I'm not Wiccan but I believe in supporting and learning from indigenous cultures.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile
I too listen to the Celtic music - it just seems to fit. As far as Native American music goes I listen to Brule. They got their start here in South Dakota and are huge. Lots of flute music and it is just so relaxing. Love a lot of the "New Age" music you can hear on satalite tv or radio. It all just seems to "center" me. Love Enya as well. I've always taken a different path when it comes to music - might be the fact that I'm part Native American and gravitate to music that has a more "mother earth" spirituality about it.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  7:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will do some researching on these groups - its amazing what the internet can do. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: