Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  12:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, love, love, love your garden! It has a tame, but wild feeling about it. I got a very wonderful feeling looking at the pictures. Wish you could come out here and help me get things going for my gardens. You have such a hand at creating such wonder. Thank you for sharing your lovely garden. It was a such a treat.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Witchy sisters, do you think Mary Jane & Co. would be willing to create a whole forum category for us, with subtopics as they evolve? We're at 62 pages now, strictly linear, and with so many different topics we might want to dig into, it would be so nice to have that option. To avoid alarming some other FarmGirls who equate "witch" with all sorts of unholy things, maybe it could be called "Free Spirit FarmGirls" or The Gaia Group or something. Anyone think this would have a prayer's chance in (insert your least favorite place here) of this happening? Is it even an idea worth pursuing? If so, how to go about it? Blessings, all :-)
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  5:12:21 PM  Show Profile
I really like your idea Rosemary...I too think this would be a nice section to have...how about the title "Mother Earth hens"? Its a shame that the word Witch can get so many bad thoughts or opinions when mainly we are just Earth Mothers who see outside the box. In all the States I have lived in Massachusetts is the only one that I can tell people & they don't bat an eye over it. As for what needs to be done I bet if you personally emailed Maryjane with the request in a loving manner she might help us with it...if she has reserves you could post it on here for us to voice our acceptance of it & how it would be a benefit to us that follow Earth magic. I bet she is open minded that if enough of us requested a special area for us she would do it for us. I can't image it being a odd request since aren't farm girls also in a sense Earth mothers as well? Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, Michele, I guess it's worth a try. Is there someone among us who has a somewhat close relationship (even if only online) to MJ's "inner circle"? Hmm, that term takes on a whole new meaning in this context, doesn't it? :-) Maybe there's even somone in the Moscow, Idaho, neighborhood who could bring it up face-to-face.
Go to Top of Page

TeJo
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Teresa
Shelby AL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  6:13:28 PM  Show Profile
I was perusing the forums and came across this one. I wondered if there were any of you out there.... So, I'll just ramble along and see what comes out of my head.
I'm sort of a novice to Mary Jane's; thinking of joining the Sisterhood and working on some badges. Maybe it will help me to organize my thoughts, and my life. I KNOW there is much to be learned.
I've always considered myself a witch, since I was very young. Most people think I'm nuts or some sort of lunatic if I mention this. My husband accused me of "witching" him when we first met. LOL, Maybe I did, in my own way. I feel that learning to live in this world, with this earth, and all it has to offer, to use what Mother Nature has given us, is just the way we should be. I'm just who I am, trying to figure it out as I go along. I know that there is more to this life than the things we can see or touch. I don't really practice any magick, as such, I just do what feels right to me at the time. I read and try to learn as much as I can. I'm very sensitive to the moon, the weather and energy from other people. I communicate with animals, each in it's own way. Not like "The Pet Psychic", I just sort of know what they want. Even the local snakes and lizards and such. I can sort of feel the energy of a place or situation and know whether it's a good idea to be there or not. I tend to "go where others don't think to".
I don't belong to any group, as the ones I've interacted with seemed, in the end, to be mostly a group of younger folks just searching for something, and not really finding it.
I would love to be able to interact and share with others who won't think I'm totally wack-a-do.
I still need to go back and read the previous posts, I only read the first 2 and lat 2 pages of this topic. and I do think it would be a good idea to approach MJ about a category, it would help to be able to have sub-topics to be able to more easily find specific issues.
I guess I've rambled enough for the moment.
BB, y'all.
T

To me, a witch is a woman that is capable of letting her intuition take hold of her actions, that communes with her environment, that isn't afraid of facing challenges.
- Paulo Coelho -
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  6:31:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Teresa! It's awesome that you're going to try to work through all the pages of this thread. Whew!

I know what you mean about many groups out there. I've been involved in several, and even started one myself -- my best friend today is one of many blessed remnants of that experience in my life today. There's so much diversity in the broader neopagan community that it can really be daunting to find a good fit. For those of us who are satisfied to "DIY," a forum like this can be lovely. I hope you'll stick around. The Farmgirl Connection in general, not just this part of it, has been a valuable resource for me. I like how well-moderated it is, and how everyone generally seems to respect everyone else's uniqueness.
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  8:32:05 PM  Show Profile
you go Rosemary! all she can say is yes or no...& if its no we still have this at least to talk to each other...so either was in a sense we win...we can still talk....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

valleygal
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Cheryl
Warsaw NY
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  8:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I am a spiritualist, but would like to join ya all!

without creativity, we cannot be!
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  07:41:27 AM  Show Profile
I think Cheryl you will find that all are welcome here....I consider myself a Earth Mother & green witch but I am also ordained & helped in a Baptist wedding with a dear friend. i also think of myself as spiritual not religious but I accept that all religions have the right to be. I think its wonderful that we can all get together here no matter what our beliefs are & enjoy each other. I think being pure of heart in your beliefs is what matters most plus everyone has something to share with others & I welcome you to this & hope that as time goes by we will find some priceless friendships that we hold dear....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

TeJo
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Teresa
Shelby AL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  08:02:14 AM  Show Profile
Well said, Michele!

To me, a witch is a woman that is capable of letting her intuition take hold of her actions, that communes with her environment, that isn't afraid of facing challenges.
- Paulo Coelho -
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  10:38:13 AM  Show Profile
Michele, that was s0 beautiful and enlightening. You have a way with words. Welcome Cheryl. I think you'll learn a great deal from everyone here.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  10:53:37 AM  Show Profile
I too am very much for our own forum category. I hope MJ is opened minded and realizes that there are a lot of us out there - as she can see from our threads.
Teresa, forgot to say a warm welcome to you as well. Loved reading what you had posted. Look forward to hearing more from you. You're right - it's not easy being who we are. People have the wrong perception of us and what we believe in and don't seem to want to open their minds and listen to us. That's why it is so nice to have this opportunity here to talk to others and learn.
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  11:44:45 AM  Show Profile
I think that maybe all we would have to do is request a henhouse of our own . . . I'm not sure what the process is for that.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  2:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies I requested thur email a hen house for us with Maryjane....if she accepts it will hopefully come about & be called 'Mother Earth Hens' I have stated to her it will accept all religions & beliefs but that we earth based religion/belief would benefit greatly with a henhouse of our own that would be organized so we could chat without losing touch. I hope that was OK Rosemary, I am a capricorn & sometimes I just have to do things so i hope i did not step on your toes....if you have already emailed her with a request there is nothing that says there can not be 2 houses set up. Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  5:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Yay Michele! Trust a Witch (and a Capricorn, at that!) to take hold of a situation and turn it into something beneficial for all :-)

I think to join a henhouse, you have to do the $20-a-year Farmgirl thing, with the badge and number and everything, right? I've been avoiding that because of how tight money is around here, but for this, I'd manage to come up with the "scratch."

Let us know if you hear back. Ooh...can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  5:19:40 PM  Show Profile
as would I. The ND witch.
Go to Top of Page

TeJo
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Teresa
Shelby AL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  5:29:48 PM  Show Profile
As would I, and yes you done good, Michele.

- Paulo Coelho -
Go to Top of Page

Greenwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Oregon
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm still pretty new to these here forums and not sure exactly what a "hen house" is, but love the idea of having a "Mother Earth Hens" or farmgirls or whatever gathering place.

Michele, you asked what part of Oregon I'm in--I'm halfway between Portland and the coast, closest to a little blink-and-you'll-miss-it town called Gaston but not far from Hillsboro and Forest Grove.

Also, a few of you complimented my blog, thank you so much! It's a labor of love.

Teresa, Cheryl, Adnama, welcome! I am very new, but I figure I can still say welcome. :D

I love this time of year, everything is waking up, and every once in a while it's warm enough to step outside and talk to the garden and the trees. It's so exciting and full of magic. We have snowdrops and violets blooming, and the crocuses in town are blooming, and the daffodils have poked up aboveground. Of course everything is mud, mud mud, but the chickens are laying again and the fruit trees are ready to be pruned and I just start to feel like beautiful new things are on the way. Every Spring, I think Spring is my favorite. Then fall comes around and fall is my favorite . . . go figure.

Michelle
http://greenwoman.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile
MM~
Hello ladies :) I've posted here before but it's been a while......I still "stalk" the thread though, through subscription.... I'm LOVING all the talk about our own henhouse, etc...... You can count me in on whatever is approved or if "numbers" are needed :)

BB
Beverly

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *

Edited by - pinkwitchy~farmgirl on Feb 20 2011 6:01:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  08:28:10 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad I didn't step on am hens feet going ahead & trying to set up a hen house....the link to the Henhouse kept kicking me back & saying it was denied arrival......I guess since my broom hasn't been used in many yrs it has gotten old & tired & decided not to help me get this to Maryjane....but I decided another route that may work...keep toes & fingers crossed.....I get emails from the guy who sends us are badges & accepts our subscription into the sisterhood & I kept the 1st email for just in case...well I told him I may be being a bad hen but could he forward the info to the right person....So my wonderful Witchy hens I am hoping that with all the info I gave him...yes I admit I surely sucked up to him for this.....Maybe I will get a positive reply back & in the near future we will have a offical hen house for us. & yes to get into the hen houses I think you do have to be a paying member....i have little in my life that I need or want to I treated myself to the membership & have been so happy with it. but even if we get the hen house I will still stay with this group as well for those who can't be on the other...that way I gt 2 happy places to hang out in.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  08:33:56 AM  Show Profile
Good going, Michele. I do think the second course you've taken is the one most likely to get attention. Let's see. Where did I put that $20 I was saving for a rainy day...?
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  09:09:40 AM  Show Profile
Yes I am hoping Rosemary that the Earth mothers are looking upon this as a worthy cause for all of us & it is honored. I sure do understand the $ for rainy days...this last year my husbands civilian company downsized & he was let go in April Thank goodness for the unemployment & his Army Reserve pay...Last Month he was activated to the Regular Army to be deployed to Afghanistan in about 2 weeks...We have been thur this before when he was unemployed before they activated him to go to Iraq back in 2004...I thank goodness am the keeper of the $ for this household & am very careful where it goes.....I also belong to a great food Co-op where I can buy grains, oats, flours, raw sugar ect at 50 lbs...Except for the oats which I feed to the chickens wet in the winter the other stuff will last more than a year for just the 2 of us. Right now I have a huge old white enamel cook pot on the stove cooking up black beans & red kidney beans that once near done will be mixed with deer meat for a chili...that should last the whole week...I made enough to take over to a friend for her family for supper one night as well. yeah I know this has nothing Witchy but I guess its my way of being a good Earth Mother...lol...Feeding people has always made me happy....those in the south will get this as we were raised when someone came to the door to visit we fed them! With all the snow she can't come to my door but I can get to hers. Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  09:25:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Michele. Kevin will get your message to the right person most likely. If he doesn't, we might try to contact Brian or Meg. Not sure which sets up the henhouses. I've dealt with all of them and they are all very helpful and cooperative.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile
Michele, your practices sound VERY witchy to me. I used to teach courses called Witchcraft 101 at a now-gone independent bookstore in my town. Half the students dropped out the minute they realized that living a witchy life involved meeting some pretty heavy-duty responsibilities: to ourselves, our fellow living creatures, and the earth that sustains us all. I'll be keeping your husband's safety in my thoughts.

Jonnie, I agree the MJF staff are wonderful folks, very helpful. I also love your Maori proverb. So true!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  10:56:50 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I too am another one who feels warm inside when I give to others - be it food or a crafty gift or just being with a person in friendship. I give of myself freely and receive so much more in spirit. Being part Indian I've always felt a connection to our Mother Earth - even tho my mother tried to stifle my learning of my ancestors and their way of life. Luckily I had a grandmother and a great uncle who I was very close to and they taught me a great deal. They were my guides and who's spirits still are with me in my journey. Guess I got off the beaten path of what was being said. Sorry. Guess I'll have to see about getting that $20.00 too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page