TeJo
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Teresa
Shelby AL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile
About the Indigo thing; I'm pretty sure my oldest, 40 is Indigo, and the youngest most likely. Both have so much to offer and want to give of themselves and help the world make its change. and from what I've read, I could possible be one of the early ones. Some of the literature says they've been around for quite some time, more coming as enlightenment and spirituality intensify. Very interesting info out there.
I had an "imaginary friend", Bobby, that I remember talking to, I've always sort of known things, had intuitions about events sometimes, pretty much understand animals, and have ALWAYS felt out of place and out of sync with most other people.
Interesting topic.

To me, a witch is a woman that is capable of letting her intuition take hold of her actions, that communes with her environment, that isn't afraid of facing challenges.
- Paulo Coelho -
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  07:48:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, thankfully most of the people wandering around the damaged areas are there to help. I take comfort in the fact that the ones up to no good, will eventually pay for their greed. one of my daughters friends lost her house, thankfully? she was in the hospital and therefore she and her kids weren't home. she has serious heart problems and was hospitalized for pneumonia. I'm torn between being thankful that she wasn't home and wishing she could get a break. still, if they had been home, they might not have survived.

I'm too old to be an Indigo, but i used to scare my Mom with things I would say. Like, we have been here before, and describe the area, when we hadn't been there. my Mom would say, shut up kid, your scaring me. LOL. my daughter is very sensitive and intuitive also. I'm still learning to listen to that little voice again. never really felt like I fit in, raised my daughter to believe that blending in and being "normal" is highly over rated.

blessings to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh I would love to be added to this list!

Margaret

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  11:39:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Margaret. Welcome to MJF. This thread will be busy for awhile and then quiet down. It tends to go in spurts. I too, love Thoreau. My favorite quote goes "Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star". Oh, how much of life just goes by unnoticed as we operate daily in our habitual circles without even realizing that we repeat our daily patterns so easily. Right now, I am just drinking in the sunshine like a starved soul. We have had so little sun for months and our spring is 6 weeks late. The leaves just emerged on the lilacs and the Maple and willow trees and normally the lilacs are in bloom by now. I imagine most of you are already working your gardens and normally I would be too but the ground is still cool and wet and we have been down in the 30's every few nights. I am looking forward to warmer days and less wind so I can begin to pick and wash my fleeces. My poor sheep have been freezing all naked with this weather and they lay taking sun baths with as much relish as I do. The bonus for me has been working in my grow room with the baby plants who are behind even with a halide light. I am beginning to suspect magnetics since this convergence coupled with the radiation from Japan has been effecting things.

I hope all is well with everyone. So good to see you post again Phyllis - are you feeling better?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  5:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margaret, welcome!!!!! glad you are here.

Sheri, thanks for asking, I'm doing a little better. it's a chronic illness, so I have ups and downs. I do enjoy reading all the posts even when I can't add anything to the discussion. ; )

hope everyone is having a great day. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

peacegoddess
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Sharon
Dixon IL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  06:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Gals! Cluck on over to urbanthreads.com and take a look at their patterns for hand stitching. They are all on 50% special until the end of the month and there are some very lovely patterns available.

Happy Stitching!

Sharon

Farmgirl # 3000
“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.”

Peace Pilgrim quotes
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  4:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I LOVE, LOVE Urban Threads. Have ordered a lot of their designs. Got a number of them this weekend at 50% off - what a deal. I also do the hand embroidery and now have a stack of U.T. designs ready to transfer onto whatever to stitch up. They have such a variety of designs to choose from. Picked up some baby designs for #14 grandbaby due in June to put on some onesies or t-shirts for later. They are so cute. But also got some for me of course. Can't wait to start stitching!!! Super great site. Check it out ladies. And a big welcome to Margaret. You'll really enjoy this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  8:32:20 PM  Show Profile
hi! glad to find some kindred spirits here! BB to you all! :)

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the thread Tanya. Glad you found us.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  4:23:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tanya, good to meet you!!! blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  8:01:20 PM  Show Profile
Sharon/Peacegoddess, I'm in Illinois! I've "lurked" this thread for some time never posting - just reading.
I should quit lurking and start posting I guess ;c)

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  09:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Hello, ladies. Looking again for some suggestions of good books to read about this path. Thanks in advance for the help! It's something I'm interested in, but hard to learn about when you're kind of "alone" in your searching. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  10:14:24 AM  Show Profile
good to see you Amy and Annette, I thought everyone had given up on this thread. Amy, I'm currently reading Hedge Witch by Ann Murphy Hiscock. it's pretty simple as far as ritual goes. I'm more a "granny woman" than a formal practice. the book covers the hearthcraft of having a spiritual and practical home practice.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how you "raise power" when you are ill. I wonder how you do ritual when sitting up is a challenge. I feel like I mention my illness too much, but it does affect every part of my life. just wondering how everyone else deals with illness.

there are lots of smart, spiritual sisters here, Amy, I'm sure they will have some good suggestions. this thread gets really quiet sometimes, but hopefully they will check in with some good suggestions. blessings Tn.earthmama
Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  12:20:03 PM  Show Profile
@ Amy: I am reading a really great book right now called Witchcraft Medicine: Healing Arts, Shamanic Practices, and Forbidden Plants by Claudia Muller-Ebeling, Christian Ratsch, and Wolf-Dieter Storl. It is translated from German and has so much to recommend it: history, lore, herbs, magic. I LOVE this book. Found it on Amazon.

@ Phyllis: I am so sorry you are struggling. I do believe that so much of what we do is about our clear intention, and if you need to use a comfortable position for your ritual, your intention will correct anything else that may seem askew. Be gentle with yourself around all aspects of your life, especially this. Sending you healing blessings of strength and joy.

Deborah

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret B. Runbeck
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  12:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deborah, thanks for the support, and the info on the good book. will have to look it up. it sounds like just the thing. I have adjusted my life to accomplish as much as I can within my limits. sometimes as I'm struggling to stand and cook a meal, I think, don't want to send this energy into the food, ya know?

glad we have found each other here to be support for each other. where i live there are certainly not very many that share my spiritual beliefs. it's good to have everyone here to learn from. thanks and bright blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  6:39:50 PM  Show Profile
@Phyllis, astral work is as good (sometimes better, depending on the situation) as doing a physical ritual.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  07:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis, Thanks for the welcome :c)
I wish I had a good author to recommend but I have been so caught up in trying to finish my nursing degree that if the book is not a text I haven't looked at it in quite awhile.

annette FS#1372

Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  10:01:03 AM  Show Profile
@ Annette: Ah nursing school... I remember those days. I was so buried in my textbooks, it was four or five days before I even heard about the disaster at Chernobyl!

-- Margaret B. Runbeck
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  6:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annette,and Deborah, there are a lot of us nursing type folks around. it's been many years since I was studying, but I remember, LOL.

Hi Rachel, thanks for the suggestion, I don't know too much about astral work, ah, more research for me. LOL.

blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:51:01 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis, It's been awhile since I studied this hard myself, been a licensed Optician for 20 something years. I earned my LPN 2 years ago as a stepping stone toward my RN... we were blessed with a surprise ( at 40 years old mind you ) just after I was accepted into an RN program so I withdrew and backed up a bit at the urging of my Doctor.. " you're high risk,you're too old to homeschool, mother/wife, be pregnant and go to school yourself full time.. something has to go"..she was right I wound up on bed rest for the last 3 months and he still showed up a month early.
So now lil man is 5 and I am attempting to finsh my education... my brain hurts!

annette FS#1372

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile
wow, you have been busy. congrats on your little surprise. if it helps, my Grandmother had twins at 40, she had 7 other kids. my oldest uncle said"my god, their coming in pairs now". LOL. I can sure understand needing to put school on hold. glad everyone one was ok after 3 months of bedrest.

I'm glad I'm not trying to do school now. The M.E. has turned my brain to mush. tests have shown a drop in IQ from this illness of 50 points, and I couldn't afford that. ; ) my daughter also has it, she is going to be 34 on Sun. and has been pretty much house bound for 18yrs. and now my husband has been sick for the past 3 yrs. makes for an interesting life around here.

do you have a favorite area of nursing that you want to go into? I worked my last 6 yrs in neonatal ICU, before that I did hospice. I am trying to learn all I can about herbal and natural healing now, just can't remember what I have read much of the time, so I keep lots of books on hand. would love to find someone in my area to learn from. I know there are folks around here that know folk medicine, I just need to find them.

learning to dance in the rain. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  09:04:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! You know, I alway thought the terms witch and farmgirl are pretty synonymous. I mean who else reveres and touches the Earth as much? So nice to meet others who get that connection.

I've done my best to read a lot of this thread to catch up and I'm looking forward to the journey from here!

MM,
Cate

Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Cate! We're gald you found us and your'e right about the synonymous thing!

annette FS#1372

Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Cate! I love how active this thread has been lately. Phyllis, I will keep you in mind if I learn of anything that might help you with this.
Deborah

-- Margaret B. Runbeck
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Phyllis.. LOL coming in pairs!!! My mother was a twin.. I actually prayed for a singleton with this last one cuz you know the likelyhood goes up with age! We ould not give lil man T back if our lives depended on it and are very thankful that outside of being deaf he is perfect.
I have worked home health, LTC and assisted living...of the 3 I prefer the assisted living;I don't think I want to make that my career choice though. It may sound wierd but if I could spend my days as a vaccination nurse thats what I want to do but I have given thought to school nursing.....

annette FS#1372

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page