Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  2:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I'm always up for learning new ideas. Are you studying this now? Would be interested in what you have learned and what books you have read on the subject.
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Annie S~ No I haven't. I read up on stuff here and there on the internet. Sometimes, I'll buy Scotland Magazine if there are interesting articles. I have been enamored with Fae and such. Druid rings ( I saw a bunch of them in England without even getting to Stonehenge). I am interested in learning more Celtic and Appalachia Folklore, as well.

Forever farmgirl

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CountryKim on Feb 10 2012 7:50:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  7:36:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tn.Earthmama

Annie, sure hope you are feeling better soon, sinus infections are no fun.

Alyce, that is disconcerting!!! hopefully your boss is not one of those narrow minded folks and will continue to treat you the same( I agree it's no ones business). keep us posted on how things are going.

blessed Imbolc all. Phyllis

So far so good...I suppose it helps that she considers me pretty much indispensable. (That, and she has recently had complaints filed against her; she probably doesn't want to risk me suing her for discrimination.)

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  7:38:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rksmith

Alyce, I agree with you that your religion isn't anybody's business (at work or anywhere else). Maybe you're feeling so squirmy because it seems you felt cornered and didn't share the info because you really wanted to but felt you had to.

After thinking about it, Rachel, I realized that was exactly the problem. I felt pushed, honestly.

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  7:39:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Annie S

Alyce, I'm with the others in that your beliefs aren't anyone else's business. Hopefully this will pass and things will get back to normal.
Kim, I'm with you too regarding the fact that so many "celebrations" are Pagan in origin. Most people don't even know that. Funny how that all works out.

Thanks. So far, so good!

We live in a far more pagan-oriented culture than many people realize--or want to realize. Great, isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  7:41:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CountryKim

And yes, it really isn't anyone's business especially at work. It's not affecting how you work. We have many Pagans at my place of employment.

Forever farmgirl

I envy you! Some years ago before I met the Mister, I worked at a Jockey outlet store to make a few extra bucks (I was pretty low-ranking at the library at that point). Almost half of the staff was some form of Pagan.

Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  1:17:00 PM  Show Profile
I also know of a few that mix Christianity with some sort of Paganism. My daughter is also Pagan.

It's a shame that happened at work. My old boss always talked about the Solstices and various things. Maybe your boss is sticking her toe in the water with you because is some sort of Pagan/Witch herself?

Forever farmgirl

Edited by - CountryKim on Feb 10 2012 7:50:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank all of you for your healing thoughts and wishes. Finally feeling human again!

I've been checking out the Celtic side of things. My father's family is from Germany (he was their only child born here) and my mom's family lineage is German, Irish, Dutch, English, and Welsh, so I think that is why I'm feeling pulled in that direction. So far I've found 3 books that really interest me that I am getting ready to read through. Can't find too much around Oklahoma to help me out with this journey, but I'm trying. I have a granddaughter who sees people other of us cannot see and I'm trying to get the DD and granddaughter through this. It's okay, we're getting there.

Thanks all of you for your support and help through this.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile
My daughter sees other peoples Auras. The attaches a shape/feel to them as well. Mom type people are warm colors and pillow-y types. My side is English and French, hubby is a Campbell so totally Scots.

Forever farmgirl

Edited by - CountryKim on Feb 10 2012 7:49:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Kim--I wish, but she is a staunch Catholic.

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow Kay, you could even be dual-trad with a lineage like that! I have a similar background (Norwegian, Irish, and French on my dad's side; French, Scottish, Irish, English, Dutch, and Spanish on my mom's). My mother was always interested in the Celts, but I ended up drawn to my Germanic/Norse heritage.

Best of luck to you and your family on this journey; I know it may be unsettling for your granddaughter, but as long as she's accepted she'll learn to accept it--does that make sense? (FWIW, I come from a long line of psychics--but since my great-grandmother's day they have all been very repressed. I *can't* repress it; I've tried.)

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Since we're all giving our lineage, here's mine: Father's side - French and Irish/Mom's - Native American and Danish.
Kay, how old is your GD? If she's very young, maybe she feels scared and "different" and doesn't know how to handle her situation. Sounds like you may have more issues with the daughter being Catholic and not so accepting. Deeply hoping that this situation has a promising outcome.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:57:35 PM  Show Profile
Father's side: Navajo, Iroqoui,(maternal) English, Welsh(paternal)
Mother's side: Irish(maternal) German(paternal)

I'm just me. I do what feels right but never realyl anything outside of what my heritages would contain. No Norse for me, no African or Hawaiian or whathaveyou...

Mostly Celtic with a bit of Native (I did my first sweat lodge last year at the pagan festival I go to annually....since I am pregnant and will be at fest this year, I get to bless the water for the lodge :-) )

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://omgsitstasharose.wordpress.com

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  03:46:49 AM  Show Profile
Shy is 4 and is perfectly okay with what's going on. It's Mom and Dad who are a little freaked out and now that they are in Germany, things are a little different now. At their last place in Texas she had 3 "friends" but so far in Heidelberg she only has 1, which surprises me. We did have her aura picture made and it is amazing! The owner of the shop who took the picture was giddy when she saw it and spent almost an hour talking to us about it. We're trying our best to keep her open and not scare off her gift.

KayB

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  09:04:11 AM  Show Profile
Kay, that's wonderful to hear. My mother always told me the water pipes made all the noises I heard (panicked whispers and talk about one of the wells). I've since learned that my childhood home is extremely haunted because of a tragedy that occurred there sometime around the Civil War. While I still can't repress what I "sense," I sometimes wonder how much more clarity I would have if Mom hadn't told me to ignore it.

It's good that you're so accepting of it; that will make her life a lot easier!

Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  4:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Kay,What an amazing gift your grand-daughter has! My BFF's little sister had a gift but it was never encouraged and I think she eventually lost it. Alyce, I feel you can get things like that back. You have to work at it, but I think it will eventually come back. My daughters friend had similar experiences and was told she was imagining things. I used to wake up ion the middle of the night right before a friend would call in distress. 9 times out of 10 I would wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning, think about her and the phone would ring.

Forever farmgirl

http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  5:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Have you read the book "Psychic Living"? It's quite good and it has alot of exercises in it to strengthen your "psychic muscles"

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  11:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Think I'll check out that book, Rachel. Ever since we moved into our house I have heard voices at night - but not every night. I first thought DH had left the TV on and I'd get up to turn it off, but TV wasn't on. The voices are on the muffled side, but I do hear something. There are two mine openings at the bottom of our mountain and wonder if I'm hearing the voices of miners or pioneers or Indians who travelled or stayed on this land. Have never in my life heard voices before in any place I've lived, only in this house.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  4:08:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm still working on reading it--about 3/4 of the way. I found mine on Amazon for 5 bucks or so. The old house we lived in years ago had lots of haints in it. They'd talk, you could hear a couple of kids playing --and they loved to mess with my son's toys. Then there was one that my son was really scared of until I bought him a toy shotgun and told him to shoot it if it bothered him...that did the trick. They also liked to turn stuff on and move stuff alot. Really annoying at times. After that house burned down, not much goes on around here haintwise anymore.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  6:18:40 PM  Show Profile
I will check it out too. We have "company" in our house. Not all the time. We get a strong just lit cigarette aroma and neither of us smoke. We do not allow anyone else to smoke in our house either. We both quit long before we got the house. Occasionally when I try to get out to the laundry if my hands are full the door opens. I thank whoever does it. We've never been scared except for the night "someone" stomped up the stairs and walked over to the bed and stood right by my husband's side. Neither one of us looked and it hasn't happened since. We're not afraid. We have lost things around here, searched like crazy (we looked for my Day Runner for 2 years) and then they just show up. It's interesting.

KayB

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear others of you have had the same experiences. So far nothing bad has happened to us or we're not missing things. In a way I'd like to make contact with whomever it is I hear. Of course DH doesn't hear anything at all and thinks I'm crazy. Oh well!
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  2:56:10 PM  Show Profile
I always thought it'd have been fun to have gotten Ghost Hunters in that house (but it burned down before I knew about that show) then I figured, they'd probably all just be sitting around snickering quietly so Jason & Greg (I think) would say nothing going on here!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Heh, they'd have fun in my childhood home. Audible sighs at 2 in the morning (roughly the time of the tragedy), "something" sitting hard enough on beds to roll a 300-lb person out of one (my cousin has never forgotten that morning!), and the alarm clocks going crazy after my mom died.

Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  10:57:21 AM  Show Profile
I don't really have anything to add to the thread but to say that I enjoy being part of it. Blessed be to all you lovely ladies, and gentlemen if there are any!
Deborah

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret B. Runbeck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page