urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  10:30:39 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha!! Alyce, I think that's a great idea.....thought might depend on your work :)
So many folks think they know what a Maypole is, but their idea usually involves only some obscure notion of vestal virgins dancing around, no weaving of the ribbons and such by both genders, no garlands or wreaths. Sort of fun when it comes up, to widen their image.
Merry Beltane all!!
(and, coming from the Chicago area, I also feel compelled to wish you a peaceful May Day as well....far from police and 16 hour work days!)

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for your warm welcome and advice, Annie! You would think that being well over 50, I could curb my excitement....but to meet me in person you would think I am very quiet...but just put a keyboard under my fingers ..... And .... And, well, you can see. I have been on my path for 10 years now...no heiredity or any other Earth-Minded folks that I know. I am majorly, in the broom closet, but that's okay, too. It makes me feel like I know this big wonderful secret that no one else knows! My cauldron sits on my fireplace hearth, my beautiful hand made broom (she says her name is Lucinda) stands in the corner of my family room, on my kitchen counter sits my mini cauldron with a candle surrounded by home grown herbs...so all anyone would actually have to do is LOOK!! No one has a clue! Hehehe. So while being VERY solitary, that is okay with me...it almost feels like I have an edge on most folks and I do!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  3:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Blessed Beltane all!!!!!! Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  4:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Been awhile since I've chimed in here. Blessed Beltane to everyone!!! It feels more like winter here today though with a chill wind and storm clouds. I know what you mean by being very solitary, Marylyn. Around here it's best not to advertise one's beliefs. Got the sheep sheared last weekend so spring is offically here. Hope you are feeling well, Phyllis. A lot of new names now - so glad to see new people with similar ideals. Best to everyone!

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  5:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Yep, anyone can join in the Round Robin! We'll just keep adding to the list. :)

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marilyn! Blessed Beltane to all. Alyce, I think making a Maypole is an awesome idea!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  06:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Blessed Beltane everyone! Have we danced the maypole? It's only little ol me practicing solitary so I changed up the maypole idea by creating a braided ribbon. Each ribbon had it's own intention and color (only three because I don't know how to braid a six-strand!) It must have some good energy because I keep having to rescue it from the kitties' bed! No chewing, just snuggling with it. So funny!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  10:23:21 AM  Show Profile
Think there are a lot of us who are still in the closet - me included - for many reasons. But I do have my broom and people comment on it and I have always said it's my witches broom and they don't actually get it - the broom is just something cute I have to them. But my DH calls all my homemde mixtures my witches brews, so he accepts that I believe in something different - especially because I have a Native American background and I'm more earth centered. Have tried to talk to different friends about my earth centered beliefs, but they are hard core in their religions and can't accept what I believe in and are quite judgemental of me. So I try not to say anything else with them. In a way I feel hurt when they knock down what I believe in and say I'm wrong and that I should be believing the way they do. Feel sorry for them. I'm not as narrow minded as they are and I accept everyones belief systems and I'm not judegemental of their religions. Wouldn't it be so wonderful that we could all come out of the closet and be open as to who we are with the world. But for some of us it just won't happen and we have to be happy with just the way things are.
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  5:28:35 PM  Show Profile
You know Marilyn, I also keep a lot close to the vest. There are many in my community and family who are not open-minded whatsoever and, like Annie said, it's really kind of sad how judgemental they can be. How much joy must they miss out on I wonder?

I find that even with the friends who are open and accepting, I don't find myself wanting to share. You named it - it's like my own wonderful secret. I think that is a fun and lovely viewpoint. Thanks for sharing it!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  5:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone! I've noticed this thread before but have been hesitant to stop and visit. I'm sure the rest of you coming out or having come out of the "broom closet" understand, but my curiosity about certain things about me that cannot be explained by "traditional" means has gotten the better of me lol.

My name is Melanie. I've been around the farm awhile, but fall off from time to time. I feel very blessed to have found this thread and others like me. I have felt very alone in my beliefs for a long time. I have tried most of my life to deny who I am and to fit in with the popular beliefs of Christianity. I am ecstatic to find other women who share similar beliefs that I can learn from. I feel very conncted to nature. When I am stressed, I run to a quiet place in the woods to unwind or to be healed. I have done this since I was very young. In my early teens I started sensing and hearing spirits and then in my later teens I started seeing visions. The older I get the more frequent these happen. This year I have been feeling very drawn to studying herbs and healing and Tarot.

I am very grateful to find this safe little virtual haven and look forward to getting to know you all.

Blessings~
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Melanie....read, study, and keep going outside to heal!!! Outside is the best healer and rejuvenator.

I want to thank everyone for sharing...may your sadness become joy...may your loneliness become peaceful solitude....just remember we are all Goddesses!!!
And we are all Farmgirls!

I know I am the gazillionth one on the list...but I can't wait to get my letter!!! Hehehehehe

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  07:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Just when I was hunting for ribbons, I ended up with a huge pile of paperwork--so, no maypole. :(

I am in the broom closet around my very-Baptist family, and out pretty much everywhere else. (Ironically, the "family culture" is very earth-centered and pagan--but I wouldn't tell them that!) It saddens me to see how closed-minded they are.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  10:16:31 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melanie. I agree with Marylyn, read and study all you can. I could make a separate library with all the books I have. So glad you found us and joined in. That's why we're all here - to share our experiences and learn from one another. There are so many of us with all sorts of backgrounds and lives, but we all have one thing in common - we're all witches and proud of it. There is strength in numbers and we are all strong individually from one another on this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  10:23:44 AM  Show Profile
Alyce, sorry about the ribbons and paperwork. Bummer.

Agree with the pagan note too. Have friends that I've totally freaked out when I told them some celebrations are drived from pagan culture. All they say is NO, NO, NO that's not right - you're wrong. But when you ask them how the celebration began, they can't explain it and I can. I agree with you - it saddens me too on how closed minded people are.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  3:49:12 PM  Show Profile
I got the Round Robin letters today (AWESOME!!) Ok, dumb question time... so am I just adding my own letter and sending it to the next witch? I just want to make sure I do this correctly so nothing gets left undone ;).

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  4:06:34 PM  Show Profile
Yep, just add your own letter and send them all on. Then everyone gets read everyone else's letters!! I am so glad we are doing this!
Rachel, I am going to send you Rachell's and Marylyn's addresses to add to the bottom.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  4:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Melanie!! Welcome! I think we can all say we have experienced the same sort of things. It's weird but the more I listen and look, the more I find out others are like us. Would you like to be part of the Round Robin letter writing?

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  4:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Got it, thanks! I will add those addresses in a few minutes! I will try to get everything in the mail by Saturday (I'll be able to go to the post office that day).

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  5:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have been reading a book I found at the library-- inner magic a guide to witchcraft by Ann-Marie Gallagher. What would you ladies suggest I read next? I've never had any "formal" study in anything witchy lol. I've just known that I was ummmm different hahaha.

Kim~ I don't know how much I'll be able to add to your Round Robin as this is all very new to me. I just have had experiences and I guess a way of thinking that sets me apart from my Christian friends and family. Things I don't fully understand about myself but do hope to someday. If reading about some of those times seems like something you all would be interested in, I'd love to join in.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  7:13:42 PM  Show Profile
The farm looks so beautiful under the almost full moon....full moon tomorrow nite!!!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  9:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, That is what its all about, our experiences and getting to know each other!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  11:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like fun Kim! I'll send you my info.

Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  12:17:31 PM  Show Profile
I sent out the letters today in the mail and I did add the two additional addresses.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  2:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Am I supposed to send my snail-mail address to someone?
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  3:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Witchy sisters! I have a big wicker laundry basket full of good witchy things in search of a new witch. I'd be happy to send these things to anyone who wants them. Just cover the postage. Drop me a note if you're interested.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page