Page: of 83

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  11:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
There are definitely a few of us! It make me really excited to know there are a solid group of us here... very comforting.

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Do we have any guidelines on the besoms

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" http://thegoodearthfarm.blogspot.com follow me!
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I hope everyone had a Happy Beltaine! Cindy, I am Russian Orthodox and I like going to my church. But I also practice what I call kitchen witch stuff and have for a long time. I also am learning about Hoodoo, which isn't a religion. So I am like you I guess. I'm definitely a witchy farmgirl, even though I also love my Russian Orthodox family heritage. And Beth, I wish so much I could get a horse. I would love to own a horse! They are just beautiful animals.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile
remember to email me if you'd like in on either the coven/chapter or the swap!!! I';; make pairings tomorrow!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  06:53:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, looking forward to the swap.

Cindy, Beltane is the celebration of fertility, welcoming the coming summer. at least that's what my family celebrates. an appreciation of all the green growing things. as Heide said , the Bessom or broom swap. we discussed making small Bessoms(like whisk broom size) to use for cleansing our alter spaces. it's used to sweep away negativity, used in a sweeping motion, not actually sweeping. kinda like smudging. Hope this helps a little. sorry I didn't get back sooner, having a migraine week, limits my ability to think and type. lol.

blessings to all Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up too please.

LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Phyllis, I get migraines too. I feel for ya. I hope you're feeling better now!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
(((((huuuugggggsss for Phyllis))))) I know how migraines feel. Take care.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 04 2009 07:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis please take care..Try a little peppermint or lavender therapeutic essential oil on the temples and between the eyes. Also try taking some small flat stones and putting them in very hot water, pull them out and place along brow and under eyes.

Hope you feel better! {{{{{{ }}}}}}}

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" http://thegoodearthfarm.blogspot.com follow me!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14271&whichpage=5

this is a link to a topic a while back about the Goddess within celebration....I just thought about this and wanted to share the link.

The Goddess within me is my higher power and my strength and comfort.

Speak
abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Tamara, thanks for the info about using the stones and the heat. I'll have to remember that and get some for the next migraine!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  08:29:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I know we aren't suppose to go off the topic. . . but because of my metaphysical believes is why I have been refered to as a "witchy farmgirl"; it seems appropriate to talk witchy farmgirl healing secrets.
so I will just quote Louise Hay "Heal your body"
Migraine Headache
Negative thoughts that create symtom
Dislike of being driven. Resisting the flow of life. Sexual fears (can be relieved with masterbation).
Positive thoughts to healI relax nto the flow of life and let life provide all that I need easily and comfortably. Life is for me.

SO being that this is the time for "cosmic fertilization"
Maybe you are just feeling the universal need to "pop" open
I have been visualizing a seed all warm and squished under the soil afraid of growing to reach the light, but its energy naturally being pulled(in both directions, cuz we all need roots to bloom).

Anyhow that is my two cents. If you are interested in more of my babbling about Quantum Physics check out my posts
http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30565

Hope y'all feel better.

Back to the Witchy Farmgirl besom swap. . .
Tasha are you going to give us some guidelines when you tell us our partners? Thanks a ton for organizing this for all of us.

Best
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:27:20 AM  Show Profile
thanks gals for the good wishes and the hints on dealing with the migraines. My daughter and I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or possibly Chronic Lyme Disease. been dealing with it for years. am currently starting herbal treatment and using all the suggestions from you.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Hope we can all find healing, and I know we will find friendship here.

Now gotta go check out the neat stuff posted about the Goddess within and quantum Physics, thanks Linda and Heide.

blessed day ya'll Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:52:08 AM  Show Profile
phyllis ~ i am emailing you...

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile
oh, forgot to say I'm sorry that you all understand migraines from first hand experience. I thought getting through menopause they might go away, but didn't happen that way.LOL.

Hope everyone is having a painfree day. Hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  11:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll!

Heide, I have collected some of my reference books for the Maiden Lodge and thought you and others might like to check these out if you still have small kiddos at home.

My absolute favorite is Celebrating the Great Mother by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw.
Next is Seven Times the Sun by Shea Darian (a Waldorf based family book)
and then Circle Round by Starhawk, Diane Baker and Anne Hill

Our Maiden lodge will be called The Sisters Path.
It will be an eclectic collection of experiences and projects with a monthly meeting.

First month will be talking of Sacred Space and creating altars.
Second month will be Meditation and the many different forms.
Third month will be Ritual and Magic.
Fourth month will be Dreams.
Fifth month will be Healing.
Sixth month will be Totems and Divination.
Seventh month will be Protection.
Eighth month will be Rites of Passage.
Ninth month will be Spiritual Diaries.
Tenth month will be Honor Your Heritage.
Eleventh month will be Initiation of Self.
Twelfth month will be Celebrating the Chosen Path.

You know, this is why I like home schooling....I love creating curriculum!!

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  12:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ms. Dana ~ I loved your post about being in the bible belt and keeping a low profile.... We are just about 2 hours north of you in a little town called Pikeville TN ~ I can totally relate. We moved here a few years ago and my youngest son ( now 18 ) had kids that were not allowed to hang out with him because we did not go to church ?!?!

We keep everything low profile around here. Heck the fact we have a "funny" last name makes everyone a bit leary. BUT I LOVE THIS PLACE! so it really does not bother any of us.

Oh a very happy note i am so pleased to see so many witchy farmgirls within a few hours of my home!!! We may need a retreat :)

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  12:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh, retreats!!!

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  12:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ms. Dana, that is terrific!!! my baby is 31, so can't do much prep. for becoming a woman. LOL. Still looks interesting reading.

I'm so happy that you are teaching another generation to honor themselves and nature.

Tamara, a retreat sounds wonderful. glad you found a place to be happy and a life you enjoy. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Dana ~ Thank you. I will go hunting for the books. Your "maiden lodge" sounds like so much fun! What a great mom you are!

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

C.W.
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  5:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
The word 'witchy' totally peaked my interest, plus I just like reading the wisdom Heide shares on a daily basis. I just wanted to thank you all for being so open and willing to share.
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Well, as the saying goes, there's a little witch in every woman!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  05:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Chelsea, glad you stopped by. one of the things I love about this forum is the willingness to share who we are and accept and celebrate our differences and our similarities.

blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  05:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes! Carol, I truly believe that there is witch in all of us.
Maybe sometimes it's called feminine intuition....(a spiritual magic)

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  05:56:47 AM  Show Profile
hey ladies...

grrr.....life always seems to happen as soon as Spring comes and I am getting attention put to things like this forum....I have no time for the swap, and it really rapidly happened, thus the HUGE delay in getting the names up. I know I still don't have everyone who wants to swap on the list, just from reading through these pages, so can someone else take the swap from me? I'd really appreciate it. I just cannot do it right now....

grr.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page