Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:40:12 AM  Show Profile
I was talking to Tori a couple of days ago and explaining why it is that our family celebrates Easter. We celebrate to commemorate/celebrate the rising again of Christ. We do the Easter basket and Easter bunny too, but make sure that the kids know that isn't what we think is the real reason, but that it just adds fun and magic to holiday. :)

I know we have a wonderful diversity here when it comes to holidays and celebrating. I would love to know what Easter means to you and how you celebrate.

hugs ()()
(>''<)
((")("))

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  08:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Jessie-We celebrate Easter as "Resurrection Day", the day that Christ rose from the grave.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile
We celebrate as Resurrection Day as well. The Risen Christ is the reason :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  09:40:50 AM  Show Profile
We celebrate Easter as Resurrection Day by attending church in the morning. Then we have a family dinner in the afternoon.

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com
http://redeemedforapurpose.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  12:26:51 PM  Show Profile
My mother's church in the plains of Kansas celebrates Easter with a sunrise service at the church youth camp by the river. The congregration gathers near a large wooden cross, with the sounds of nature nearby, to sing hymns and share in the Easter service. Afterwards, breakfast, is served to everyone who attends. Most years Mom has to wear her thermals as it is cold at dawn but all worth it to particpate in the joy of Easter. Does anyone remember being able to purchase chocolate crosses for Easter baskets during the 50's and 60's? Beautiful sugar roses were piped on the crosses. I only see rabbits or chicks for sale now.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Farm Girl #300

Kansas to Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  1:53:27 PM  Show Profile
We also have a sunrise service at 6:30am that we attend, then our youth put on a Easter breakfast. We have a Christian book store about 30 minutes away that carry chocolate crosses with flowers piped on them- my daughters get them in their baskets. Then later that morning we head to my parents for an egg hunt and wonderful Easter meal at noon. I am going to try and get the kids out to fly kites in the afternoon. A day of celebrating the Risen Christ and fun with the family. God Bless
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile
We do Resurrectuion Day as well. We always did the Easter basket thing with the kids, but it was not the emphasis. This will be a different year for me, both happy and sad. Happy, because I will be with all my girls, 2 SIL's and grandson
(who is sitting on my lap), as well as my parents and sister and her family. My oldest daughter is having an Easter lunch Saturday for all the family. Sunday all will be at their churches for services, then all be at my mom's for lunch.

The sad part for me is for last 18 years I have heard my husband, who was a pastor, preach on Easter. This year, I will be celebrating without him. This year he is in glory celebrating with Jesus. I can't even begin to imagine how heaven celebrates Christ's resurrection. So, there is actually joy in the sorrow.

Blessings to you all...Sunday's coming!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  3:47:00 PM  Show Profile
OH Julia I can't imagine how hard that must be for you this year. What a blessing to know you will see him again.
We are very traditional really. We celebrate Jesus and the resurrection and we also do egg hunts and Easter baskets! The true meaning is what is emphasized in our home for sure!
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic How do you celebrate Easter? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page