mustardseedfarm
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Tracy
Walker MI
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  08:34:41 AM  Show Profile
Wanted to let everyone know I can't make it after all. :-( I hope everyone has a great time and I can come next time!

"Run through life with wild abandonment but don't carry scissors." Lady Abigail Snippenmeyer
Go to Top of Page

DonnaJo
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

DJ

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  2:17:20 PM  Show Profile
I am so disappointed I'll miss meeting all of you fascinating women face to face. I have to work, so I'm looking forward to the next meeting- in the fall, maybe?
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  7:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey, all...Just wanted to give you a heads-up that I'll be bringing a friend or two along.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:07:24 PM  Show Profile
How fun Jessie! Can't wait to meet your friend!

Hey...is anyone else donning their aprons for our meeting? I am so excited! I just finished my first project on my treadle machine and it's the cutest apron ever. I love it so much that I am going to make it my Sisterhood apron. I already put my sisterhood badge on it and I'm going to start applying for other badges soon that I can applique right on the apron (kinda like how the girl scouts have a sash...I will have an apron! I hope you ladies won't be embarrassed of me in my crazy sexy new apron LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh...and I will be bringing my camera, so make sure you farmgirls are lookin' your finest!

How many of us are there meeting up tomorrow?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  05:34:40 AM  Show Profile
We were planning on it (dh took time off to watch the little), and then last night the little guy and I came down with something. Ugh, we won't be going out of sight of the bathroom door, lol. Hope you girls have a blast today and Liza-Jane take lots of pics please :D

Farmgirl sister #779

http://symbioticstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  06:48:40 AM  Show Profile
If it's not to late to confirm, I'm going to be able to make it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Gosh, I'll have to hurry and get my housework done, I'll have to leave in a little over an hour!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  1:51:58 PM  Show Profile
It was so good to meet all you ladies! Can't wait to do it again :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  4:54:09 PM  Show Profile
Really nice to meet some of the farmgirls in Michigan today. It helps my adjustment to living in Michigan to know there are so many like-minded ladies around! Looking forward to seeing you again and participating in some chapter events.

I'll be attending the Monroe Area Machine Knitting Seminar on July 23 and 24 at the La-Z-Boy Center at Monroe Community college. Anyone who is interested in machine knitting is welcome to attend, contact Cathy Reaume at 1531 Dazarow Drive in Monroe (48162) for class pricing. I believe the vendor exhibits are open to anyone without charge.

Another event in Michigan that may interest farmgirls is the 2010 Master Gardener College
Friday, April 30 – Saturday, May 1, 2010

This event boasts the largest group of MSU horticulture experts ever assembled for educating Master Gardener Volunteers! There are over 30 classes and workshops to choose from, lots of opportunities for sharing ideas, and guaranteed fun for all! Plus, attendees will have an opportunity to purchase plants and garden-related products. (Look for an online posting of vendors and their products sometime late next week.)

Workshops on Friday will provide 4 hours of educational credit, Saturday provides 9 hours.

http://web1.msue.msu.edu/mastergardener/conference/index.htm

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  12:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michigan Gals,

I'm a newbie here. I wanted to start a achapter a few years ago, got the info but never gathered up any farmgirls. Looks like there are some gals in my neighborhood - Clarkston. Hope to get to know you.
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  10:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgirls! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make it, please post pics and I'll try for the next one! Just one thing after another over here but hopefully we're over the worse!

Hugs to all of you!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  2:30:40 PM  Show Profile
cj6 - I'm very close to Monroe. I'm in Petersburg, just a little south of Dundee.

I'm catching up on this forum - I completely forgot to subscribe to it! I'll keep better track of the postings from now on.

~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  12:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,I'm still learning where things are over that way...but,we've been part of a co-op that meets at one of the Lutheran churchs over that was on Krause Rd.we meet for two more weeks and then summer break.Do you ever come into Monroe? Maybe we could meet for a coke or cup of tea or coffee?
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile
HI I am a Michigan person.....and a farm girl.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  11:05:15 AM  Show Profile
CJ - I am in Monroe every once in a while. And I'm not that far so I would love to meet up before the summer break. I have Monday afternoons and Fridays off so if either of those days work for you that would be great.

~Cindy
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  11:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Cindy,would it work to get together in the evening some night?Mondays and Tuesdays aren't good but,another night would work.hubby has the car during the week(minus Wednsdays this week and next...)Let me know.
Kris,Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite bible verse.
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  04:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michigan farm girls! I am here too......I live near Missy. Have a great day! Kris

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  08:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Kris,Hello! Welcome! Where do you live? I know you said you live near Missy,but off hand I'm not sure where she is. God bless you!
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Missy is "me" CJ - peachy/melissa/missy - Kris is a wonderful friend of mine and she is becoming one heck of an awesome cheese maker over here in our neck of the woods!! (I'm in Fennville and Kris lives in Hamilton) If there's ever a trip planned out in our direction I will most definitely be bringing her along!! We have some wonderful farm markets around here and don't forget Cranes Orchard and the Allegan Antique Fair!!

Hugs!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Edited by - peachy on May 04 2010 8:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:13:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm not too far from Fennville and Hamilton. We have some family in Hamilton. My husbands Aunt and some cousins.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:21:24 PM  Show Profile
wow how about a Michigan Farmgirls Cheese making class??
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:32:43 PM  Show Profile
I man...I'd be all over a cheese making class! And I desperately want to learn to make real soap too, if any of you all do that!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  12:58:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure what you mean by real soap but,we started making our own laundry soap last fall...soooo much better,at cleaning as well as price...and I can use whatever scent I prefer(a huge plus since I'm sensitive to fragrances). So far we've done peppermint and tangerine...seperate batches.Smells so good!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  06:03:27 AM  Show Profile
No, I've been making my laundry soap for two years now. I'm talking about cold process lye soap. I've always wanted to learn, but there is no one around me that I know who makes it and I'm terrible at learning things from books. I guess I could go learn on youtube or something, but it's much more fun to learn with a friend.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello Michigan Farmgirls!! I have to tell you, I am not so good at the computer....my brain is so full of living....I forgot that there are pages to this site. I am making cheese but FAR from doing it so right to help with a teaching class. I have been working cheddar and am surprised it is as good as it is cause, I don't really know what I am doing. Just doing it. I am interested in making soap too but in the summer with my seasonal job, garden, house cleaning, yard work, flower gardens, goats, and horse back riding.....the thought of really making soap to use in my household is crazy.

I love the thought and reality that you are out there!!!! Kris

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page