Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Light in the Valley Quilt Pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Light in the Valley Quilt Pattern Next Topic  

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Does anybody know where I can get this quilt pattern? It is a "bargello" style quilt, and I saw one at a quilt auction in Lancaster County, PA.

Thanks!
Luanne
beekeepersgirl

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne,

You may want to try a book called Beautiful Bargello. I believe I saw a copy once and I believe it had a Light In The Valley pattern. I could be wrong, but it might be worth a look.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:38:05 AM  Show Profile
Here are two links to Light in the Valley

http://store.almost-amish.com/servlet/-strse-611/Amish-Handmade-Queen-Quilt/Detail

http://www.amishquiltsandcrafts.com/quilts.html

Both links say the pattern is copyrighted so I have no idea where you could purchase it. It certainly is a beautiful pattern.

Mary

'Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.' Albert Einstein
'Only a peace between equals can last.' Woodrow Wilson
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  10:04:24 AM  Show Profile
That's the pattern! The one I saw was done in shades of browns and peach, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Too bad it is a copyrighted pattern. Maybe I can figure it out if I look at the photos long enough.

Thanks for your help!

Luanne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  10:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Mary and Luanne:
What a beautiful pattern!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  6:23:25 PM  Show Profile
I've always wanted to make a bargello quilt. I have a couple of books here somewhere that details how to make them. If I can find them (we are in the middle of packing up to move), I will be happy to see if there is anything similar that you could use as a reference.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  10:08:03 PM  Show Profile
I've taught quilting to include pattern drafting for over thirty years and the Bargello is one that is extremely difficult to draft by hand. They are designed with the help of a computer program that takes out all the hard work and allows you to be limited only by your own imagination. You can use the program and have the quilt you saw designed in no time. It allows you to play with the colors to pick up the effect of the light in the valley by using dark and light colors. The concept actually came from the painter Thomas Kinkade who is even called the painter of light. His pictures were studied by quilter's and the idea was worked into fabric. Here is the site for a really great program for designing one yourself.

http://www.softexpressions.com/software/bar/#qui

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  12:58:11 AM  Show Profile
Now THAT must be an awful lot of work!! But it is awesome, SO pretty and really a piece of art!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Light in the Valley Quilt Pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page