Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile
We have snow on the ground and it's gotten all the way up to 30 here with colder temps and more snow later in the week. Move over folks so I can snuggle up and get these tootsies warm. I have a jug of spiced cider that's steamy and will go well with some snickerdoodles and bourbon balls. A story would be great to keep our attention.

Alee, good luck on the job tomorrow. Hey, did anyone bring over more quilts to spread over our laps? We could use some over here in the Indiana & Kentucky side.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  2:11:34 PM  Show Profile
well here in my neck of the woods it is a whopping 7 degrees and we are supposed to be hit with a major snowstorm tonight and tomorrow....Windsong the tea is a flavored black tea called Christmas Tea. I am thinking if this weather keeps up I am gonna be needing a lot pots of tea.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  4:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgirl sisters...
I'm coming to join ya! I can't swing or rock cause both would make we dizzy...so give me a solid chair with soft pillows and I'll relax with ya. I'm bringing homemade fudge...I had to test it first and it's good..yum I'll drink some coffee with lots of cream.
Maybe I'll bring my new puppy...she's active and loveable...kisses everyone. She is very small but everyone loves her.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  4:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh Linda, tell us a little more about your dog!! What breed is she? What does she look like? How old is she? I'm so glad you joined us!! I'll have some fresh coffe with lots of cream in just a tick.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  5:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
First I have to ask Alee: how did your first day at new job go??
What are you doing at it??

My new puppy is 3 months old and weighs about 3 lbs. She is called a Chorki....it means Yorki and Chiahuahua...her parents are 5 and 6 lbs. I wanted a little dog to keep me company inside since my last child moved out and I am alone. She looks sweet and cute with that bewildered look that puppies have...lol
Her name is Twiggy...my friend picked that name and I liked it.
I had a pink purse for doggies to ride in..until she pooped in it a couple times....after the 2nd time I threw it away... :-(
It probably smelled like pooping was supposed to be done there......

Now I'm gonna go shop for a new one...a new style. They have mesh on sides and top for the dog to look out of and easier to breath I guess...they look like nice ladies purses too.
When I sat it by the door she would run and get inside it and look out expectantly...lol if it folded over then she would sit on top of it...but wouldn't leave it. I didn't always take her with me but she sure wanted to go...lol puppies are so funny....I'll tell ya some if ya want to hear them. LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  6:52:20 PM  Show Profile
I like the name Twiggy...tht is so cute. We can always have a loveable pet here on the porch.

blessings,
Tammy

Ps Alee how was your first day at your new job?

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  7:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

The first day was great. It was just a get-to-know-you type day, paperwork and orientation videos. Once I get trained I will be one of the go-to gals for the Wells Fargo Tellers.

Yes unfortunatly it really is that cold. Right now it is negative five degrees and it is very very cold. Almost too cold to snow. Layering is important as is keeping your ears warm. When it gets this cold it is also important to wear a scarf and not breathe too much of the cold air. Wool mittens and socks help a lot too. Thank goodness for a car whose heater works great!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  04:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Okay, Ladies. Here's a stack of warm a comforting quilts. It's getting a bit chilly out here - the temp (42 degrees) isn't so bad, but all this damp mist makes it seem so much colder! Nan - You are so right. The ONLY reason I have some sweaters in my closet is because years ago my mom would order me one from LL Bean -- and I got to wear them maybe twice a year! Linda, would you mind sharing Twiggy? I'm chilled, and I'll bet she's a perfect lap warmer! Alee, we leared a corner over there for your new desk -- just direct those tellers to the northwest section of the porch, and you can conduct your business from there. We promise not to disturb, unless you need a refill on tea or refreshments. Nancy, Tammy, brush some of that snow off and come sit over here by the fireplace (oh, yeah -- didn't y'all know that the Virtual Porch has a huge stone fireplace down at the other end?). It's nice a snuggly warm. Anyone for some peppermint tea or some hot cocoa made with dark chocolate? DH just loves dark chocolate, so I made this batch for him, too. He's been working hard keeping that woodrack stacked for us! Ooh! (As I settle into a rocker, Twiggy on my lap, hot tea at my right hand and a quilt over my lap) Now. This is living.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone! Wow! What a great desk! You ladies are awesome!

Have some saddness because of something some friends of mine are going through right now (see Hogs and Quiches) so I am grateful for everyone here. Friends are the best!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  08:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I need a few of those quilts Julie!! It's -6 on my side of the porch.. Oh and some hot coffee would be wonderful!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh pass me a quilt and let me near the fire with my peppermint tea...it is a -5 here and snowing to beat the band. I didn't have school..so this teacher has been baking cookies and hoping her electricity will stay on when the winds come later this afternoon...ahhh Alee so glad your first day went well and so glad for the warmth of the porch.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  10:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Twiggy is very excitable and LOVES people...she will kiss you all over your face and neck. All of her jumping around will warm ya up!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  11:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Twiggy in her basket.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Twiggy in the kitchen.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda! Every time you're on this porch, I claim Twiggy! She is just adorable!!!!! Tammy, Channah, here's your quilts and your hot tea. Snuggle up, ladies!!!! And make way for dh. He's bringing another arm load of wood!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  1:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh my goodness Linda!! She is so cute!!!
Channah

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Sure hope you all have lots of scarves covering your ears. The wind has started to howl! Let's skooch closer to the fire and snuggle closer while we drink up this fantastic hot chocolate. Dark chocolate makes it fantastic! Hot tea and cider helps keep us warm, too.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yummmmm...good chocolate!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I just made some hot stew if anyone wants some. It's so cold here!! Oh, and I made some hot rolls to go with the soup.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Twiggy is so cute...oh my goodness...Channah I will take some stew...still home today from school due to storm...have sunshine but lots of wind...-20 below zero...brrrr!!!!

blessings
tammy

Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  10:54:23 AM  Show Profile
Twiggy is just scrumptious! I want to eat her up! Well, not literally, but you know. Anyway, I am new to the porch but I don't think you'll mind because I bring fresh-baked banana bread. There's no nuts in it because honestly, I've never added them to my recipe. I've had requests through the years for a no-nuts bread and people are happy to know that they won't find any there. My bread is moister than other recipes I've tried, so have a slice. I even brought a knife!

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  9:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my Kristen! I would love some of your banana bread!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  04:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch, Kristen! And yes, I'll take a thick slice of that banana bread. I'm not real wild about nuts, so I know it'll be perfect! It's not so much that it's cold down here on this end of the porch, but I know if I take my shoes and socks off, y'all will see that I'm developing webbed feet. It's raining again, today, and already the ground is so saturated it's beginning to rot! Is everyone finished with their Christmas gifts? I still have three more things to weave, and a few batches of things to bake. Oh, my. And it's only 9 days to Christmas! I guess I'd better go get busy!

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  06:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh I love this banana nut bread. Hope you gals don't mind if I sit and knit. I have very few days to finish these scarves for my nieces. I am so thankful for the time to spend on reflecting on the season while I knit each stitch. And to be able to do so in the company of such wonderful cooks!!!

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  12:23:50 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome for the bread. Enjoy it. I have another loaf at home and I'll bring it by next time. If you want it warmed, just heat it in the microwave in the kitchen and bring it back out to the porch. Take it out of the foil, first! You never know... some people forget that microwave ovens aren't fond of foil.

Anyway, I can't believe Christmas is NEXT week! It came way too fast and I haven't even glazed up my pecans yet! EEEEK! Guess I'll have to send stuff lickity split right after they've cooled on the counter. Maybe I'll have to get hubby involved in that task so we can mail them tomorrow or the next day.

I can't find the Christmas stockings! I have no idea where they've gone to but they're definitely hiding someplace. I may have to make due with paper bags (cringe)!

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page