Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana...Way to go Girl! God, Your family and then the rest. Us of course! LOL! I couldn't believe they asked you either. How rude. At the end of the day you are accountable to yourself and your family. I tend to say it like it is too...I'm sure everyone has noticed, LOL! Those in charge above us usually frown on us having our own opinions, don't they? One time I told an Administrator and Director of Nursing that they didn't get to judge me only God does! I guess you know that went over like a ton of bricks and of course if you mention God or Jesus they think you're off the deep end! I couldn't help it, it just flew out my mouth and rolled off my lips...In the name of Jesus of course! LOL!

I love vanilla chai tea so I'm going to go make some. I'll bring some to the porch with some chocolate covered star cookies to die for. Hear that Peggy?

Hello everyone else and have a great day.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  2:03:34 PM  Show Profile
It is awesome to come and read good news from so many. :o ) I l.o.v.e. this place!

YEA! Angela - so, so, so happy for your family!

Bunny, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers through this time, you certainly have had what seems to be more than your fair share of troubles. Hang in there. I don't think you realize how strong you really are.

Megan, there'll be no stopping you after this! So glad things went well (even the tears, they allow you to release stress.)

Peggy, please keep us posted about Mia, the little sweetie.

Dana, I'm so glad you and your DH look at the situation the same way and handled it in a way that was best for you. I can't imagine that was easy at all.

Sweet Darlene - thank you for the card, book mark and cider tea. I love hot cider and have trouble finding any sugar free mixes that are made with Splenda. I have an allergy to nutrasweet so my diet and "lite" options are limited. The cider tea may be the perfect answer. Thanks!

We went for our Christmas tree today and hopefully will get it in tonight and can decorate it tomorrow after church. It was cold and sunny today - nice to pick out a tree but I sure wish it would snow here - I'm envious of all you snow bunnies! I love snow!

I think I may polish off the chocolate covered star cookies - you better get on 'em if you want any Peggy....

Truly blessed to have found this place and you.
love you guys
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Dec 04 2010 2:06:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  6:40:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchie girls! Merry Christmas! I see all the garland and the pretty lights on the porch...how pretty it looks! Just stopping by to say "HI" and think of you all often! We're back to an empty nest!
so maybe I'll find some more time to stop in once in awhile! Shall we sing Christmas Carols?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  12:26:57 AM  Show Profile
OK Porchies...out of my way I'm headen for the plate of Choc. covered star cookies before Staci gets them all! LOL

Darlene...thanks for the Christmas Card, bookmark and Pumpkin Tea. Which by the way...tasted really good with honey mixed in with it. It was pretty plain otherwise. Needed just that little extra kick!

Monica...Glad you made it on to the Porch. We missed you! Come as often as you can now that you are back to an empty nest again.

Dana...I know what you mean about NOT being a Corporate Girl. I agree 100%. I am much too much of a Take Charge Person to work for a Corporation. Been there...done that...would never do it again. People who have their own brain...should never work for those who want Robots to be Team Players.

Angela...I hope your hubby can get his friend hired on. That would be a huge blessing for a guy with a Family of 8 Right at Christmas time huh? Or anytime!!!!

Pam...what did you do today??? Anything exciting? Of coarse you know that I am happy because the Oregon Ducks won the Civil War game! ~ I also finished decorating the Lobby here at our Sr. Estates today. After I got the Tree done they came over and said that we got the Tree that was meant to go to The Office. lol Too late Now! I thought they bought us the most unusually beautiful tree this year. So, they are stuck with the scrawnier of the two trees. I think I'll give the Maintenance guy a little kiss on the cheek next time I see him, as he is the one that set the tree up for me.

Tammy...Christmas is my favorite Holiday so I can't start putting things up too early for my taste. Usually I do it the day after Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving Night sometimes) but this year I was done the week before! Everyone else was pushing the Retail Envelope...which made me happy because that just gives me longer to enjoy it all.

Well, My eyes are streaming water down my face. Over producing tears because of dry-eyes...so, I better go and use my drops.

Chat with you all tomorrow!

Pleasant Dreams and YES, WE CAN SING CHRISTMAS CAROLS ON THE PORCH!
What is your favorite one? Mine is "Mary Did You Know" or "O Holy Night".

Huge Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi everybody! I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning. I've got some wonderful white chocolate cherry shortbread to go with some tea.

Peggy-I was definitely going for the Oregon Ducks, it's where Mark's dad went to school. I'm so happy for their season!

Staci-I thinking of you and your family. Lots of prayers and work vibes coming your way.

Darlene-thank you for the wonderful Christmas card.

Angela-Congrats!

We got our tree yesterday and decorated it. It's huge and so beautiful. It's a Noble Fir. We usually get Douglas but this one screamed at us to take it home. I just have to finish the wreath I am making and put up garland and we are completely decorated for Christmas. Last night we went to a Grumpus party. Grumpus was the person who went with Santa and gave Ashes and Hickory sticks to all the bad children. You had to wear red or black. So much food and the cocktails were yummy. I found out two of my friends are having babies. It was a very happy night and we danced, laughed, ate good food then came home and I instantly fell asleep.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  08:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Every year Mark and I take this exact picture. This is the 2010 version

The pups

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile
I am so jealous of all you Ladies and your christmas trees! We haven't been able to get ours yet. With money so tight we are tryin to figure out how to come up with one. I was thinkin of askin a neighbor if we could have a little spruce off his property. He lets my husband and his buddies target practice on his property in trade for deer jerky. Maybe I could trade for a blueberry pie or some cookies.

We were accepted for some christmas assistance for our girls, so we have 2 gifts for each of them and I'm itchin to get them wrapped and in the livin room. My mom gave us some extra lights they had so we can decorate the big 20 foot pine in our front yard. It's somethin the girls have wanted to do for the last couple of years. Even when this was just grammy and pops house they wanted to see that tree with lights on it. This year we have the lights, I just have to find the big extension cord.

My DH was diggin in the storage room for the christmas decorations last night and found a whole rubbermaid tub of brand new decorations! We had both forgot about our weeks long search through the clearance racks last year to get matchin ornaments and some new stuff to put up in the house. Someone stole our decorations just before christmas last year and we made paper chains and used anything we could find in the craft cabinet to put on the tree.

Our gift to each other last year was the new decorations in the colors we really wanted. We went with blues and white with silver trim. The only thing I don't have are the plastic twirlies for the front porch. I loved those things! They were just silly plastic strips that were twisted on little strings, but they used to hang on my moms porch when I was little. They haven't made those things since the 70's! I'm gonna try to buy up the summertime kind in blues and whites next year and put them back for next christmas. Mine were skinny 1/2 inch strips, but the wider summertime ones are better than nothin!

I think I'm gonna dig through the box and see what I can find to put up thats not goin on the tree! I left coffee and some of the sample candy batches for everyone. The chocolate covered craisins are a new thing this year. Let me know what you girls think. I was thinkin of addin them to my list permanently. I love them!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Dec 05 2010 10:24:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Awwww.....love great pics of you and the pups, Pam, especially the smiling one. White choc/cherry shortbread...mmmmmm....did you make it? I love any flavor of shortbread.
WOW! Sorry it took me so long to get back here after Thanksgiving break. We got Ma all moved in to her new place. She's much happier on the North side of the Complex. With her bad eyes she likes less sun. Poor lady had a bad cataract surgery a few years back and has all kinds of eye miseries.What are your eye miseries from Peggy? Mom's eyes seem to be dry all the time, scratchy too. They use to tear up all the time like yours. She even had a tear duct in each eye plugged to keep the tears in. Didn't work either. She's tried every eye-drop there is, OTC & Prescription, and they don't know what else to do for her... *sigh*
It took me quite awhile to catch up on all the posts. Glad the heat was fixed, glad the surgery is done and recooperation has started and glad for all the praises to God. He is worthy and merciful.
Well I'm sitting here eating Italian Panettone Cake(love that cake and can only find it at Christmastime)and drinking homegrown Chamomile/Spearmint tea and trying to get caught up. I'll leave some on the porch for you. DH is off for the next 3 days so we'll be putting up the tree and decorating.It's snowing big,fat flakes right now. Yippeeee!
Have a great day girls!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  11:39:08 AM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear that someone stole your decorations. That's just mean. I hope that every time they look at them, they're "Pricked" in their heart and they remember what they did.
Mmmmmm......love the chocolate covered raisins. That's my favorite chocolate covered fruit. Thanks!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  7:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters! Quick update on me. I'm doing really well and am using my machine daily as I have to. I'm doing really well, and my grandparents were here this weekend. We had a wonderful weekend, and this week I'll be here at home! Tomorrow I'm going to get my dressing changed, so I'll tell you how it looks tomorrow!
Pam, your pups look adorable!
Angela, I'm so sorry about your Christmas plans. I'll be praying for you and your family!
Peggy, how are you doing? I hope your fibro is not impeding your holiday plans!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  8:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Pam...The Pics of the dogs are soooo cute! You guys are cute too! LOL!

I took my sweet angel beagle Jackie to the Vet yesturday. She has a cyst between her toes. While there the vet determined she had glaucoma and ordered drops. Gave the first at 330. By 1030 she began dry heaving and her eyes were swollen. We spent the nite on the couch. At one point she had a hard time breathing. I spent the nite wathing her every breath. In am her L eye wass swollen shut. She wouldn't go out or eat until noon. Of course the Vet isn't available. Will be at her office in am. Some allergic reaction! Needless to say I was freaking out!

Blessings to everyone, I'm tired and I need to get Jackie and go to bed.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  9:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to say hello. I told Peggy that I would so here I am. :)
Hugs to you all,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  12:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Pam...you are so beautiful! Your skin looks porcelain! That is a cute picture of you and Mark. You look
so in love and happy! The pups look adorable! Love them in their Dogdeer antlers! Lol...especially Lola
in that Frosted Window Pane frame!

Darlene...My goodness girl, what more could happen with you lately? No, I am not even going there in my
thinking! You and Bunny just need to know that when you are in the pit...the only way is up! I can't wait
to hear what the Vet has to say. Poor dog! Poor Darlene!

Hannah...thanks for dropping in and saying hi! You could have updated us a little about what all you have
been doing farmgirl! Can you make some Vanilla or Lavender Goat Soap? Those are my two favorites.

Megan...glad to hear that you are faithfully working your therapy machine. We want you nice and healed up
so you can go back to sports someday...since you seem to thrive on it.

Angela...how did somebody get to your Christmas Decorations??? Mercy, some people would steal trash if you tied
it up with a Ribbon...I swear!

Judy or Dana...can't remember who asked me about the Dry Eye Problem...stating that your mom deals with the same thing. Mine is caused from my Fibro...and Air conditioning units and heaters add to the problem too. I use
over the counter Optive Sensitive...and do it two to three times per day in each eye. Most people don't use it often enough. They will remember to do it once per day and think that should help...but it doesn't. It works very well for me. Really cold weather will make my eyes stream down my face too. It is strange.

Theresa...I bought all the ingredients today to make those Ritz/Peanut Butter/chocolate dipped Cookies for my Bible Study Party this Thursday Night. I will let you know what we all thought about them...but they sound yummy. I am going to do some in Vanilla and some in Dark Choc.

I got an early Christmas Present from my hubby tonight. He got me a new Cannon Photo Printer. Can't wait to print some pictures of my Grand daughter. Now that we got it hooked up...I am too tired tonight to mess with trying it out. I got my Christmas Cards all finished tonight! So...I am a happy Woman! I love doing them...but am glad when I am finished too. I usually send out about 150 cards.

Well...my bed and my newest book are calling my name...so, I am off too dreamland. I saw a couple of T-shirts that fit my personality...one said, "So many Books...so little time" and the other one said "Knit One, Read Two". Those and the one that says "It's Good to Be Queen" are must haves...don't you think?

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 06 2010 12:49:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  04:39:15 AM  Show Profile
Pam - I received your Christmas pins on Saturday afternoon - and they are so adorable - thank you so much! Girls - one of them is a candy cane with "legs" that jingle, and the other one is a really cute snowman wiht a cardinal. Still haven't got the hang of posting pictures, or you could see them for yourselves.

Darlene - please keep us posted on your beagle - we'll be praying for her.

Had a really tough weekend cutting and splitting firewood in the bitter cold and wind, but I guess the fresh air and exercise was good for me!

Still haven't had time to put my tree up, but hope to get to it soon.

Oh, and those white chocolate and cherry scones sound delicious - can't wait to try them!

Hugs everyone,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  06:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message

Thanks everyone!

Luanne-I'm glad you like them. The candy cane is one that Mark picked out.

Darlene-how's the pup today? I hope better. That is so scary!

Peggy-Yeah for new printers!

Angela-that is so wrong! I'm sorry.

Peggy-you are right some people would steal trash, I should know-someone stole a bag of it out of my cars years ago. When I was working retail-it was late and I didn't want to walk down the scary corridor by myself so I stuck the bag of trash in my car and was going to dump it at home. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and forgot to lock the doors of the car. Someone stole the bag of trash out of my car! I laughed about that for year.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  4:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick note to all I am think and praying for you all. As I dash about. God Bless.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  4:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to disappoint. I'm just busy, busy, busy. I have school, homework ( about 5 hours worth), 3 dance classes a week, 2 different 4H classes ( goat show and sewing), chores, random jobs, working at the animal shelter 2x a week, music lessons once a week, and the list can go on and on.
Hope you all are doing well.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  5:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Hannah...you did not disappoint...we just love having you and Megan on MJF...you two keep us young at heart and
we love knowing what fun and busy things you are up to. Thanks so much for filling us in a little. You and
Megan both are busy young women and we just feel blessed that you take time to share with us at all! I don't know how you two keep up on everything you have to do in any given day. Wow!

Pam...I told my husband years ago when we were grumbling about the cost of Garbage Collection...that if we just tied bows around the tops of our Garbage Bags and set them by the house people would haul them off for free thinking they were gifts left by our door. lol He thought my solution might be frowned upon but I thought it was Creative Problem Solving. :+)

Darlene...How is your dog? I hope he/she got better by this morning. Did you know that you can give your dog over the counter Benadryl for allergic reactions? I keep it on hand for my dog! All Vets around here highly recommend it.

Well...I have to go take care of some Swap Problems With The Stuffed Christmas Stocking I hosted. Makes one not want to Host Swaps...even if they are really Fun...a few people always flake and it is so discouraging for those left out in the cold.

Back Later...
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 07 2010 2:56:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  5:38:42 PM  Show Profile
I now have stockings on the piano, clear plastic snowflakes from the livin room ceilin, a musical firefighter snowman wreath on the wall, and large cartoony lookin glitter covered white snowflakes hangin from the kitchen ceilin. Oh yeah! And a santa face pillow on top of the tv. It's startin to look like christmas!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  07:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Angela - your decorations sound like fun!
Pam - I love, love, love your photos. Sweet.
Darlene - How's Jackie? I hope you were both able to get some rest and that she is doing better.
Hi Hannah! Good to see you!
Cherime - thanks for the prayers. The best gift of all. I pray that all is going well for you.

Well, I have scones on the brain today - I got an order for the weekend! Yea! Here's a photo of the batch I entered in the fair this summer. Mounds (Coconut/Semi-Sweet Choc. ) Enjoy....

Well, I should get back to it, hope everyone has a great day.
love you guys,
Blessings, staci FG# 973

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Dec 07 2010 07:40:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  07:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness! Those look AMAZING! I think I need the recipe!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  07:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Pam! They won a blue ribbon. I'll make sure you get the recipe!

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Staci you're making me hungery LOL Any chance you could send the recipe my way? I'm sure these would be a tasty addition to our breakfast rotation.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  08:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Sure, email me your addy. For business reasons - I'd rather not post this one.
Hope you understand.

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Great scones. They make my mouth water. Hugs to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page