Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  4:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Ok Darlene, got you down for Feb. That's so sad that people have to make everyone paranoid about whether or not to join a swap.Terrible!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  5:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'll take September if it's still available. I make my own teas and would love to be able to send whichever of mine turn out the best. I have spring, summer, and fall mixes and they all depend on the weather to bring me the proper ingredients.

I am sittin in a quiet house with only the baby for company agian. I have nearly caught up on all the cleanin and puttin away. I am hopin to get some time to work on my greenhouse and maybe do some cookin for the fun of it tonight. I will have the 2 older girls back tomorrow afternoon and my Hubby will be off work for the weekend, so the house will be full and loud agian. Then monday both older girls are gone for the week agian. My 16y/o has a job babysittin for a woman that starts at 4am and goes till 6pm all next week and my 10y/o is takin care of her grandma while her grandpa is at work.

I am hopin to get some cannin and freezer meals put together next week. I am kinda enjoyin havin a little peace and quiet even if it means there's no one to help out with the chores. My 2y/o doen't care if momma talks about gardenin and plantin all day long. She likes lookin at the seed catalogs with me for the hundredth time. She will even watch me cookin new recipes and is excited to taste them, with no comments about how it sounds wierd!

I do wish my Hubby could have a little more time at home, but the bad roads keep him out longer than normal. He is puttin in 14 and 16 hour days, but that will cut back to 9 and 10 hours this spring.

I guess I better get back to the last of the cleanin. See you all later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  5:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Sept...you got it Angela. Homemade teas....yummy...can't wait.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  6:35:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been able to post as much. I miss everyone so much:-) But I have gotten a lot of studying done for finals next week! This weekend will be more, I just wanted to stop and say hi to all my porch sisters. I hope everyone is doing well, and that your weekends are a lot of farmgirl fun!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey my sweet sisters,
did someone say tea and swap? Goodness gracious you know I can't say no to that! I am in! Peggy you know me so well...heheheh

Thank yall for prayers for my sweet mamma...she is still very sick...but said she thinks the meds are working. time will tell in few more days.

The little butterflies today were flapping their wings...let me tell you. They decided it was Friday which meant let us have a socializing butterfly get together. I had to finally say Madame Butterfly declared quiet. They looked at me and asked how long? I nearly smiled..but had to be serious and said let us try at least 5 minutes. They said well that is bit long for our wings to not flap. I said give it a try anyway. I tell you what they make me laugh all the time. We did have silence for 5 minutes...long enough for Madame Butterfly Teacher to reattach her wings to keep up with them.

WE are supposed to get snow here this weekend. They seem to think it will be a big snow. I was supposed to go wedding dress shopping with dear stepdaughter but think we will have to put it off. I will not drive in bad weather.

Oh dear ladies, I am going to have tea and spend some time with a book. I have missed out a bit this week so I think I need to catch up with my latest heroine.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:42:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello Tammy. I knew I could count on you to join our "TeaBags" tea swap! I named it...I think it's cute! hahaha Remember the "SpunkyOldBroads?", well we are the SpunkyOldTeaBags!"...just "TeaBags" for short.LOL So, which month would you like? Taken so far are Jan, Feb, July & Sept.
I just adore your Butterflies. So cute and funny.
Seems like we all are getting or are gonna get snow. It's been snowing for 2 days here and we have about 5 inches so far. It's the lite stuff so it's easy to move with a broom anyhow.
Snuggle in if you can girls. Good-night!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  11:20:24 PM  Show Profile
I decided to finish plantin in my greenhouse once the baby was asleep tonight. I was so surprised! The lettuce I planted just 3 days ago has sprouted!

I have 15 tiny lettuce sprouts to match my wonderfully potting soil stained hands! I am so happy!

I can't wait for my 2y/o to wake up so I can show her the lettuce growin! She'll think she actually planted something when she threw her salad in my pots that day! I am so excited!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  12:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I love the "TeaBags"...thought it was cute the first time you mentioned it! I think Pam (kittykill) said she was interested in signing up too...we just need her to pop in and pick a month. This will be so fun...and so we keep a different tea going out each month we should keep track (after they send it for their month) who sent what. Then the rest of us won't duplicate and we can actually try 12 different teas. Don't ya think???? It is going to be fun to see what varieties are sent out. I am so excited!

And Madame Butterfly...I knew you would be all a flutter about a tea-swap too. In fact I am really quite shocked that you never thought of it yourself. lol You always have the most scrumptious sounding teas that you are sippen on. I want to come to your house for a Tea Party! And by the way...what book are you reading right now...just curious! From one avid book reader to another!

Angela...your little girl is going to be soooo excited over that lettuce! I wish I was a fly on the wall just so I could see her expression when you show her the lettuce. How do you keep her out of the Green House if it is in your living room? Do you have a lock on it?

Darlene...thanks for the update on Jacob and I will go to the members site and read up on them. How are you feeling? Glad Jackie is doing better. My dog has a yeast infection in both her ears right now...so, I am busy playing Vet on her. But they are our babies and they need all our love and attention don't they? They give such unconditional love and companionship. I can't imagine life without them.

Megan...do us proud on those tests girl! We know you will!!! Then you can give a big sigh of relief and relax on the Porch a bit. We will save you something yummy to snack in celebration... when you are all done. Like maybe some warm chocolate chip cookies and milk!

Well, my tea and book are calling my name too. Need that Relaxing time before I go to sleep each night.

Here is a new thought for your day: "The grand essentials to happiness in this life are, something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

Sweet Dreams My Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 08 2011 12:45:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  07:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'll sign up for a month. Hmmmm...I'll take April. So, interesting but good news. I got a raise at work. I'm still looking for another job but in the meantime it's good to have more hours and cashflow to pay my bills and get my savings back up.

Peg-how are you feeling? The weather is gonna get pretty bad this week so definitely take it easy.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  08:42:26 AM  Show Profile
You got it Pam. I e-mailed Dianne too since she expressed interest. Peg, as ususal, great idea about keeping track of "who sent what" each month. Hey Darlene, you didn't tell me what type of coffee-maker you got for Christmas. Curious here. Share it girl.
Later gals!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

joyous1
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Joy
Ravenna Oh
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile
I started reading this post. Became enthralled in the company and contents of the porch and actually teared up. I never realised how much I miss my front porch from my neighborhood days. I have a wraparound front porch now but without neighbors to share it with it is useless. I will instead join you all here and bring a warm puppy, some new recipes and funny stories bout critters and kids. Thanks for the much needed invite. :}
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  12:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Joy, there is always room on the porch. We are a friendly and lively bunch here. Welcome!

Peggy, my little one has always been around momma's growin pots and she has learned to not dig in them. I have plastic 'curtian' like walls on my greenhouse which she is welcome to open and look in, so long as she doesn't dig in the pots. She loves checkin the greenhouse everyday and helpin momma count the plants, so she stays out of them to keep her priviledges of gettin to look at them.

I checked the plants agian this mornin and found all 18 plants peakin out of the dirt. When my Hubby showed our little one she started oohin and ahhin over them. I had to make her a salad for lunch since the greenhouse is keepin it forefront in her mind, but I like that she will eat salads.

I got all but 2 of the carrot flats planted last night, so I need to get them done this afternoon. I guess I ought to get busy and finish cleanin the house so I can have time for my greenhouse!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Joy, welcome to the porch. You will always be in good company here with tea, treats and a warm quilt on cold nights. It's quite a place.
Angela, I am soooo jealous you have stuff growing so soon! Not fair. It is a nice 23 degrees at night at my Mom's in Oregon. If I was there, I don't believe I would be getting anything to sprout just yet.

The tea swap sounds great. However, I am a total tea snob and only like certain ones. I would hate to have anyone waste good tea on me that I might not drink. ( I did try all the teas that were sent as gifts). But I'm pretty much an earl grey or jasmine tea girl. Very stuffy I know.

It looks like my next possible exit from California is after Feb 1. The rules for the Hafa program I need to stay out of financial despair change. I can move away. However, I'm not clear on if I'm allowed to get a job when I move. I'm still suppose to keep my house here as my primary residence. Of course every time I call the bank I get a different answer. They did reject the offer on the house. I know at this point the house will not sell. The realtor can't get comps on it and the bank won't lower the offer price because of that. and... no lenders want to loan on a log house because they can't get comps to figure out what the house is worth in my area. So it's just a catch 22 and the house is pretty much going to just sit here. I'm going to call HUD and hopefully get more info on the Hafa program to make sure I can actually make a living somewhere. I won't even be able to get county assistance in Oregon because I can't establish residency. And the new laws are suppose to help homeowners... yeah right.
Anyway, so I'm still hanging in. Thankfully feeling a bit more human after 3 days of meds for the strep. The weather has been ok but I had to turn off the main heat to the house. It was costing me $100.00 a week in propane.n I'm pretty much hold up in my bedroom with an electric space heater. It's working for now. I spend all of my time in my room anyway. It's pretty cozy actually. But I can't wait to get out of here!

Well, I'm off to have lunch with a friend. I'm getting a bit of cabin fever... everyone stay warm and healthy!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  1:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I did not fall off the earth... not yet anyway Have been trying to catch up on all the posts... wow it's been busy on the porch.

Work is finally getting under control and hopefully will stay that way.

I would love to get in on the tea swap if a month is still available... let me know.

Darlene, for some reason I did not get the ornament you sent... It could be that I didn't get you my address in time with all that has been happening around here.

Peggy, just sent you my address for January

While I have been crazy busy at work (a good thing) I have managed to get all the supplies for the Sept ornament and have already started working on them. This is so exciting. I love swaps. Hope I'm not to late for the Tea Swap.

Staci, what a cute turtle (told you I was behind in posts) hahahahaha

Darlene: True story about the duct tape for Bully Bosses.... There is a web site called Bully free workplace. Good site. Got me through 3 years of it and didn't loose my sanity... ok well, maybe a little bit of my sanity but it is coming back now.

Bunny: I was reading pretty fast but did I see that you went ahead and moved? If so, hope all is looking up.,. if not, it will all come together when you least expect it. You are in my prayers.

Speaking of prayers... I may not make the porch as much as I would like but every day I pray for my Farmgirl friends and that all is well with you.

DH will be walking through the door any minute and I need to get dinner started. Will try not to get so darn far behind from now on. Ya just miss to much really good stuff when you get that far behind.

Thanks for all the Christmas wishes and cards, they really brightened my holidays.

Farmgirl hugs to all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  3:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Judy~ I'm a little confused as to how the swaps work here on the porch. Could you please explain it to me? I wanna be sure how it works before I sign up.

Youngest dd and niece had their first basketball games this morning. They both had good games. DD's team lost, but they had fun. It was more like watching a gladiator version of b-ball. LOL Niece's team won and the game was a little more laid back. But the main thing is the girls both tried their best and had fun doing it. I even saw dd out there chumming it up with the girl she was guarding.
After the game I took the kids to grab a bite of lunch and then to the library. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, really just went so the kids could find something to read. But I came across a book on Palmistry. Oldest dd and I have been laughing and reading a little waiting on dinner to get done.

Well off to find something to do. Probably some laundry. The kids took care of taking out the trash and recycle and dishes.

Have a good night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  4:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Theresa. No I haven't moved yet. But it looks like weather permitting I should be on the road for good around Feb.1
I have a car to sell. Hopefully that will be a little more sock drawer money.
I just got back from having lunch with a friend and hitting the grocery store. Being sick for so long I was really needing to get out! I almost feel human again.
Later for now.

Plan to improvise....

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  4:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I just checked out your blog. I love it!! How fun to read all your doings. Tell me, where did you get your blog done. Or who designed it for you. It is so cool looking. I'm working on a new blog and am having a time trying to learn how to make it look decent. I plan on visiting often.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  5:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Melanie and Theresa, I e-mailed you with some info. Hope you choose to join our "TeaBags" Tea Party!
Welcome Joy. Wow! Ravenna Oh...we're neighbors. Glad to have you. Always room for (1) more. ooooooo, a warm puppy. What kind? And we all love recipes and stories. I just baked some Rye bread and left it on the porch with herb-butter. Help yourselves Girls! Here's a big pot of EarlGrey tea too(Bunny). Jump in, don't be shy.Plenty for everybody.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  7:25:40 PM  Show Profile
HI sweet ladies,
I stocked up on groceries today so if the snow flies I am prepared.

Judy~ could I have June for the swap? I plan on sending yall some of my tea delights that I just love. I loved the name oh how that made me giggle.

Peggy, I am currently reading two books. The recipe club I will be starting for book club here on farmgirls and Charlotte Collins...a sequel of sorts for Pride and Prejudice. what are you reading? From one curious tea slash book lover to another. You know if lived closer I would throw a tea party for all of yall.

WEll time to have evening tea and curl up with my book.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  12:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Joy - Welcome to The Porch...we are so glad that you made it. Believe me you will do more laughing and crying than you ever thought possible...but we all have such a wonderful time together. And girlfriend this Porch is Huge and The Weather is Perfect on it all year round. The food is calorie free, even the Choc and the sweet tea. LOL But the Companionship is the very best!

Angela...I bet the little one was delighted with the "salad" already growing in the greenhouse! If I put a greenhouse in my Apartment...I would have to move outside myself. LOL I can't even really start plants early in here...just not enough room. I brought my potted Jasmine inside to winter over and I keep moving it around because it is always in my way. Down sizing makes life both easier and more complicated both!

Pam...hey beautiful girl, glad to hear you got the raise. I hope you will still have time to keep looking for something else. You just deserve to work for someone nicer and more honest than he is. Keeping that "Perfect Job" in my prayers for you. ~ I had a couple really bad days and then a couple really good days...so, I guess that balances out. But thanks for asking. Sounds like we are going to get some interesting weather this coming week. Maybe a little bit of everything huh? ~ My husband bought me my 25th Anniversary present to day...I got a beautiful new wedding set. He was only four months late...but gosh girls...it was worth the wait!!! I got to help pick it out and we got a set that we both liked. It is really beautiful and he is on my A +++ list.

Judy...see how fast those months are filling up? Everyone loves a great cup of tea and your idea is a smashing hit!

Tammy...right now I am reading Eat, Pray, Love (not my normal type of book) but I love the Author's word-smithing. I call that book my Bathroom reader...and it only gets read a page or two at a time. lol Then I am reading at night...(this week) The Real Enemy by Kathy Herman (Christian Fiction). So far so good! :+)

Bunny...how complicated Banks make selling houses these days! But girlfriend you sound (even sick) in a much better mind-set than you were there for awhile. I am happy to see you in a happier place in your heart and mind. Good For YOU! ~ So, you consider yourself a tea-snob huh? Well, I will agree that Earl Grey & Jasmine aren't real exciting...but snobby, nah! lol

Melanie...I have some extra laundry if you're looking for something to do. Ha ha! I don't know why I hate doing laundry and cleaning the bathroom...more than any household chores. I keep waiting for my fairy-godmother to show up and wave her magic wand.

Theresa...good to see you on the Porch tonight. I did get your email, thank You. For those of you waiting for January ornaments...all I need to do is get some bubble mailers and then I will be getting them out. I only need the smallest size and went to one store today and they were out of that size. I will try again tomorrow.

Joy - I am curious too about what kind of dog you have. We all love our pets on the Porch! And we share all our pet stories too. Everyone walked me through having to put down a beloved dog this past summer. It was a great comfort and great help just to be able to share my sorrow and to hear other sisters stories too.

Well My Porchies...it is 1:00 am and I am going to go read for awhile. More tomorrow...or I should say...later today!

Thought for today: Hitch your wagon to a star.

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 09 2011 01:06:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  06:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - what do you think of Eat, Pray, Love? I read it a couple months ago and loved it. Last night I was finally able to sit down and watch the movie. Definately prefer the book - so much was left out in the movie. IMO the movie was almost boring, yet I found the book extremely hard to put down. I might pull out the book after I get done with A Country Year and re-read it again.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  08:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning everyone!! I am not feeling so tired lately. I am on day 10 of NO Mt. Dew and I have cut way back on the sweet tea as well. A cup or two of hot tea is about all I get a day. I have always been anemic, since childhood, and I was told that tea was very bad for me to drink as it would zap my iron level. And I've also started taking an iron tablet. So much better. :)

Judy~ Thank you for the sweet welcoming email. Oh yes I would love to sign up for the tea swap! And if it's not taken yet, I'll sign on for March.

Ravenna~ I LOVE wraparound porches and pooches! We have a few furbabies too. Ruby is our peek-a-poo, quite the snot to everyone, but we love her anyway. Rufus is our beagle-weiner dog mix. He's a rescue dog and well lets just say there's nothing this dog won't eat. But he has those big beautiful brown eyes and he knows how to work those puppy eyes so you can't stay mad at him for long. And then we have Ginger, a rescued kitty. She's like a striped tabby but with like red/copper color in her hair. Very pretty and sweet when she wants to be. LOL

Bunny~ Glad you are feeling better. I HATE being sick! There's something about a soak in a warm bath or lounging in the sun for a bit that helps me feel a little better. So glad you got out of the house! Thanks for visiting my blog! Actually I did my blog. I guess it's a good thing I like learning new things since I have such a limited cash flow. LOL Anyhooo.... it can be confusing (to say the least) when trying to learn how to design your blog. There is still lots I'd like to do to mine. Here's the link I used to find a template (the cowgirl and columns)-- http://btemplates.com/ It's been awhile since I've changed the template on my blog, but if you get stumped, just shoot me and email. I'll be happy to help ya out with it! I can't wait to read you blog when you get it going!

Tammy~ I'm joining the reading group here too. I ordered my copy of The Recipe Club from Amazon the other day. I can't wait for it to get here.

Peggy~ Well I never got to my laundry yesterday. Honey man came in and well he was bored. Why is that when men get bored they turn into big 3 year-olds? But we were all kind of playful last night. We played a game of tug of war with Rufus and then some basketball in the house with Hallie. Normally I don't allow ball playing in the house, but it was 17 degrees with a windchill of like 8 last night so we were NOT playing in the backyard. It was fun and pretty amazing nothing got broke. LOL

Well ladybugs, my oldest daughter is at church with a friend this morning. She will probably be calling me to come get her soon. So I will "see" ya'll afterwhile.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  08:54:23 AM  Show Profile
hello everyone!

Judy- If there's room, I'd love to join the tea swap too! The TyPhoo tea is a black tea that I had when I went to England many years ago. I had to order it on-line for a long time but eventually found it at Cost Plus world market

Angela-how exciting about your greenhouse! I'm so jealous!

Joy- welcome to the porch!

Bunny- So sorry to hear you've been dealing with strep, that's all you need with all the other stress you're going through. Glad to hear you are feeling better though

Luanne- Sending prayers your way for your boyfriend, stay posititve

I can't believe how busy the porch has been!! I've been at work Thursday and Friday so I haven't had a chance to get on and wow! Had a good day with hubby and kids yesterday, I only wish I could have that time every day. Why couldn't we have been born independently wealthy? Work sure gets in the way of what could be such a good week

Melanie-I love the quote you have at the end of your post; I put it on my facebook page and everyone just loves it!

Take care and stay warm!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jan 09 2011 08:55:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  09:47:56 AM  Show Profile
Tammy-June & Melanie-March, you got it girls!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  10:08:09 AM  Show Profile
Boy, for some reason I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts today. More than usual. Maybe because everyone seems to be on an upward happy trend. I'm afraid I tend to suck in all the pain and stress sometimes from what you are all going through. Not that you shouldn't share. But I'm glad things are looking up. I feel it.
I love the posts about all our little furries. I have 4 cats. Now that I have confined us to my bedroom they have adapted wonderfully. They all have their sleeping places and of course Moe Moe has brought in many living playthings from outside. Yes, there is a mouse in my bedroom somewhere. 3am is play time and they wake me up chasing this poor mouse around the room. Hopefully I'll be able to catch him and put him back outside. I do try to save them whenever possible. If they are still alive but slowly leaving this world, I find a nice dark warm place for them to pass on. I just know there is a place in heaven for mouse savers. It's the only way to offset owning my little serial killers. Twinkle is draped across my arms as I type. She thinks me working on my laptop is her cue to come try to sit on my lap. I call her twinkle because she has and extra toe on each paw. Like the Hemmingway kitties.

Peggy, I guess tea snob wasn't the right word. Maybe just picky and boring are more like it. I was never much into fruity or spicy teas. I'm pretty much a creature of habit when it comes to tea drinking.

Melanie, I will probably take you up on the website help when the time comes. It will be a blog about adult ADD and ways to deal with the day to day issues. I'm ADD and know how hard it can be to survive in a non-ADD world. We are not broken, just different. I do have a sewing blog. I haven't posted in a while. Mainly because all my stuff is at my mom's. I was blogging once a week with a new project and tutorial. I can't wait to get back to it. You can check it out at www.bunnyrose.com.
My big goal is to learn to make money with my blogs. Either by selling ebooks, or earning money through affiliates. (basically, ebooks from people I think can help my readers). I have an etsy site for my fabrics and finished sewing things. Just haven't been able to product anything lately.

Well, I am writing a future ebook on how to open a quilt shop. I only seem to have my mind to entertain me these days. I'm working on my life story too. I have had way too many people tell me I should. Interesting to put it all down in words.

Hope everyone stays happy and healthy!

Plan to improvise!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page