Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  3:54:20 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
it very cold ad freezing rain yuck messy and slippery
i'm having a nice day regardless its quiet and peaceful
and i did some baking blueberry muffins and a pot of jasmine tea
so lovely..i have a nice fire going and my knitting needles and some alpacca wool
so i'm set as this new storm is going to wreak havoc all ight and thru tomorrow
and i have my porchies for company..lol o driving needed..
angela my prayers are withyou as i know how difficult it can be.but honey stick to your guns
maybe she can go into assisted living ...the ones here are very nice..
Tammy i'm with you lots of tea...LOL
blessings and stay warm deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  4:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies. I'm sitting at home, sipping some chocolate raspberry truffle tea, and getting ready to curl up and enjoy my evening. Might do some knitting tonight. The man ran out to get some pizza as none of us felt like cooking. I'm really hoping we get hit hard tonight as I've got my heart set on a snow day tomorrow. If I do get my snow day I'm going to work on a baby quilt.

Angela - I'm praying for you. I so hope for you that having some of his friends set him straight has helped him view you and the situation differently and things will improve. I'm in agreement with others here that she needs to go to assisted living.

Stay warm and safe tonight everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Angela. I agree with the others...assisted living would be a good solution. But will pray that God will open a door for all. He has a plan.

It is still very cold here. Waiting to see if we have school tomorrow! The temps are to be -24 to -34 again. Those winds are a howling.

Yall keep warm and cozy and safe. I am off to read a book with my tea.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  7:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, I brought up the assisted living thing. He wasn't sure about it, but the nurse at the hospital discussed in home nursing with him. She said her insurance would cover for that, but she wasn't sure about assisted living when it was for heart surgery. But another option might be opening up. His aunt has made a few comments about wanting her to spend some time at her house.

There hasn't been any lengths of time mentioned, but I am starting to wonder if that might work for us. He said it wouldn't make him happy, but it might be better than me moving out for the time she's here.

I'm still waiting to see what kind of attitude he has about it when he asks his aunt how long she wants to keep his mom with her. If it's a very hateful attitude then he's just gonna be hateful to me. I'm still very scared and very unsure, but I am starting to feel a little more hopeful.

Keep my little family in your prayers please. This is gonna be a very stressful and decisicive week.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  12:11:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela...praying for your MIL situation. I am so sorry that a few of you girls have difficult to crazy MIL's. I have had more than one and they were all very good to me. Two were exceptional! My current husbands mom has gone home to be with the Lord...she was so precious. My first husbands mom is close to going home, she is 84 and she has been the very best Mom to me. And my second husband's mom died also. She wasn't extremely loving but we got along fine. So my heart aches for those of you who have extreme MIL problems. Angela...I am praying for you and agree with what others have said about your health needing to be priority to your husband. I am all for men loving and respecting their Mothers but their wives must come first. So, hold to your faith and stick to your guns. Hopefully the Aunt will take her in.

Judy, Deborah, and Megan...got your birthday cards ready to be mailed out tomorrow. Sorry I wasn't able to get them there on time but with the week I had last week...I am surprised that I even remembered at all. I hate to send things out late but sometimes it just happens. Now if my husband doesn't carry them around in the car for 2 wks like he did with Cherime's gift...I will be a happy camper. lol

Pam...also have your pkg ready to go out with the others. I figured you probably didn't find anymore of that tea...as nobody seems to have any left...so, included some of that too. This cold weather yesterday and today just has me chilled to the bone...I have been drinking lots of hot tea and coffee. But we can hardly complain in comparison to most of our Porchies huh?

Madame Butterfly...at least some of you girls are getting some "snow" days...which must be as big of a treat for you as for your butterflies. Nice warm cozy house, baking, reading, knitting, quilting, all those things that just give you all a little unexpected mini-vacation! Nice huh? Hey, Tammy have you read any of the Lady Gray Mystery Novels? I think there are three of them. I was able to down-load all three on my Kindle for free. So far I am enjoying the first one.

Had some great laughs over the wedding discussions going on! I wrote a long funny comment yesterday and then the computer froze and I lost it all...but I'm with Judy, I just saw mud a flyen everywhere and one happy groom in his element!!! Too Funny!

My middle son and I seem to be making progress. His dad is in town from Spokane and is spending the week with him. Which is good. They seem to be having a good time together which hasn't always been the case. For the past 16 yrs their relationship has been rocky. My son said that he wants to soon have a Mom and Son date (so that is huge progress from a week ago when he was ready to never speak to me again.) Life can be sooo fickle sometimes! But I do believe in the quote that says "Where there is GREAT LOVE there are always miracles."

Tonight my husband and I and our youngest son and his girlfriend all went to see the movie "Red". It was cute. More of a Comedy...which I am not a comedy girl usually. I like more adventure, mystery,action movies, Sci-Fi and chick-flicks. But the other three really liked it.
It did get my mind off my pain and that was good. It puts me into a "zone" where I am not focused inward and that is always good.

I have also been in a cleaning mode the last two days. You would think I was pregnant and doing my nesting right before giving birth.lol I have gone totally through my crafting stuff and organized it, my paper supplies, drawers, cards and stationary, stickers, files, in and out trays, cabinets etc. I guess I am doing spring cleaning before spring.
Crazy good...what ever you want to call it!

Sleepy Time...Sweet dreams and a restful night to you all,
Hugs and Smiles ~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2011 12:21:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  04:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy (RFM)~ I think I agree with you. Vegas is sounding really good. LOL But your wedding should be what you and your sweetie want. It's not about pleasing all your friends. I have a friend who's upset all ready because we won't be having alcohol at our wedding. It's expensive! Super expensive!!! Not only for the price, but the locations I'm looking at I'll have to hire a bartender plus get all the permits and carry extra insurance. Besides I have a BIL who is recovering alcoholic. He still will not go anywhere where alcohol is served because it's still too much of a temptation to him. He is trying super hard and I don't want to cause him a set back. And you know if he doesn't go, my sis (my only sister) and my nieces and nephew will leave way early. Hugs to you and your guy! :)

Angela- Still praying for you! {{HUGS}}

I spent last night reading and researching till it felt like my brain would explode. LOL Honey's first suggestion was to get married at the courthouse. Really tempting. hahaha I did look up that DNR ground he mentioned just for giggles. Do know they don't have any restrooms out there? Not even port-a-pots? I guess we could just hand our guests a roll of tp and a shovel. Oh Yuck! LOL Even I would be complaining. LOL I found a dress I really like, but $270. Maybe I can find a look-a-like for less.

Well Lady Bugs, it's time to gather up my cleaning supplies and the kids. We were very fortunate, all the snow and ice missed us. The kids and I were secretly wishing for a snow day. heehee Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  07:29:59 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies.
I can't believe how quickly time moves for me since my DH is home. I don't have the opportunity to get to the porch as much when he's home but I check in and at least read as often as I can.
I'm praying for the many needs and feel like I could just hug so many of you (all of you actually) but some need it more right now.
The buttermilk cupcakes are really yummy! If you get a chance to try them they are in the latest MJF issue. My DD and I decided to make the coconut flavored one so we added coconut to the batter and then we did a very simple coconut frosting (different than the one in the mag.)
Melanie - maybe you could do a regular cake for your guests and an ice cream cake for your table?... BTW - that dress is really lovely! I hope you're able to find one in your price range.
Bunny - there are some things I would probably just throw away when your mom isn't looking. Start slowly and don't do a lot from one spot at a time and she may not even notice.
Peggy - praying for you and your son for all your needs to be met - for strength spiritually, emotionally, physically....
Angela - hang in there girl, it sounds like your DH is trying. Be extra appreciative of his efforts and it may be easier for him to continue in that way - positive reinforcement.
Judy - praying for your family as you walk through this valley. Happy Birthday today - we celebrate you!
Luanne - how is your BF? News on your mom? Prayers continue for you, too.
Pam - just getting to see you on here brings a smile to my face. I love living in PA, but wish I was closer and could just hang with you sometimes.
Theresa - please take care of yourself.
Cherime - praying for your DD, you and all the people that are blessed by you - continued strength for the walk.
TL Tammy - my kids are home on their second snow day this week - I guess today is an "ice" day, no power at the HS,MS and one of the elementarys. I'm glad to be at work today. teehee. Man can they bicker!
Plenty of hot tea/coffee/apple cider for me this week. I'm leaving a fresh batch of cupcakes for you all.
Stay warm!
much love and many...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Feb 02 2011 07:31:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  08:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, that is a lovely dress.
Angela, will keep piling more prayer on that one. God can fix this for you.
Peggy, So glad to hear that things are better with you son.
On the thing with my DD, she went to a doctor and he was no help at all. Told her that the foot was probably not broken but no x-ray for confirmation, a soft tissue injury he says and gives her antibiotics. So this has to be a God thing.
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. I decided to take a snowday even though they put the office on delayed start. With the traffic reported to be only going 10-15mph that would take me at least 2+ hours to get there one way - so not worth it. So I'm having a lazy morning. Sipped some tea while I worked on a knitted dishcloth for one of my swaps. My son forgot to shut off his alarm so he woke us all up at 5 this morning - grrr. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep so I finally got up just before 6 to check the news reports to see if I was going to bother going in or not. DF left early to make sure he was there on time since he had to open the shop today. Got the dishes done and 2 loads of laundry. Laid down to take a nap and as soon as I dropped off to sleep the postman knocked on the door to give me a package. My son volunteered to take somebody's hours tonight without checking with me so I'm going to have to venture out in this mess later today to take him to work. We only got about 5 to 6" of the 12 to 18" they were predicting. I'm still hoping to find time to work on the baby quilt this afternoon. I'm going to throw a roast with carrots and potatoes into the crockpot or oven and let it simmer for supper so I won't have to worry about that later on.

Melanie - that dress is beautiful!!!! Totally understand the issue with your uncle and the issue with expense. Unfortunately my fiance's friends can't seem to get together without getting falling down drunk. They're all in their late 30's to mid 40's so they seriously need to grow up and stop acting like high school kids. One of his buddies decided about a year ago to post on my Facebook page that he hated me and didn't get along with me after only meeting me twice and the second time we met he walked out leaving me with the dinner tab for him and his girlfriend. So I banned the guy from our wedding. Seriously, why would I want anybody at my wedding who feels that strongly that he would post something like that on my Facebook page when he doesn't even know me? He and his friends say I need to get over it, that's how this guy is and it was just his bad attempt at humor. I didn't find it funny and neither did my family or friends. I've never gotten any apology for either incident or money to cover the bill I had to pay. Now his friends are saying that if this guy isn't allowed to come then they won't come either. And these are only 2 of the issues we face. See why Vegas seems like a really good idea :O/

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  1:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, Ladies. The hospital called and they are sendin my MIL home in the morning. My Hubby's aunt is with out electricity till who knows when. She wouldn't be able to take her till she had it back on and had time to do the dishes and clean the house. It's gonna be a week or more before she can even think about it.

My hubby had to go to work this evening, so I'm sittin here alone tryin to figure out how this should be handled. I have had a few problems with hubby's aunt. I am afraid she would blame me if something went wrong if I stay. I am worried about the outcome of this whole thing. I feel like I am not in control of my own life anymore. I have to do the only thing that will protect me and keep down on the fightin. I have decided to move to my mom's house till MIL can move back to the trailer or to her sisters.

I hate this! I have to pack my girls and try to explain this all to them and haul our stuff over alone. I am really feelin very abandoned right now. I am not sure what's gonna come out of all this but I'm not gonna just fold and become the whippin boy either. I have to be able to say I tried to make sure everything was done the best way possible no matter what I really want to do. I wish I was the kind of person who could just say this is how life's gonna be and everyone has to deal with it, but I can't do that. I have to try to make sure everyone is taken care of and trouble is kept to a minimum.

I am really hopin things don't go bad and I am home in 2 weeks. I don't have a laptop or internet at mom's, so this is my last post for a while. I'll check in whenever I can get to a computer. Keep my family in your prayers please. Only God can keep us together and make this work now.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Angela - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayer.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  3:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, if the card gets here on April 1st, I'll still be tickled. LOL
Melanie, I love that dress too. Gorgeous!
Staci, TY for the B-day greeting.
Angela, you are still in my prayers.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  3:17:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
Home for snow day number 2. Very cold. Tomorrow we do have school but until 12 then I have parent conferences and no school on Friday. We have yet to have a full week of school since we went back after Christmas. This week has been crazy but I am so thankful my little butterflies weren't out in this terrible cold. so many forget gloves and things. My stash never lasts long.

so I made POtato soup in crockpot and worked on my quilt.

Peggy I will have to check those books I have not read them but am going to check into them. I am reading O Pioneers right now by Willa Cather.

Melanine love the dress...so pretty and elegant.

Judy happy birthday

angela still praying

well time to get things finished up for supper.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:57:43 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
well i think most of us have been slammed this winter boy do we need a break...LOL
judy happy birthday and thank you for my BD card.
melanie what a beautiful dress..
tammy all those wonderful teas yummy i'm jealous..lol
angela you and your girls are in my prayers
when my MIL was getting ready to be released we put her in a rehab
till we could figure out what to do ..and she needed additional care as does your MIL.
prayers and hugs for all of my farmgirl friends
that the lord may protect and heal them.
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy...Happy BD Sister. Many More! Card is enroute!

Melanie...I love the dress especially love the hemline!

Angela...You did what you had to do for your girls and you. I don't understand why they didn't send her to rehab. It's almost always done here. Each state has their own regs though. I think you are between a rock and a hard place being the house is your MIL's. I hope she doesn't reclaim it. Then your hubby will have some big decisions to make. You have to let him make them and hopefully he will make the right one's. In my prayers.

Peggy...Glad your son is coming around. How's cute Bella doing? I wish I could have gone shopping with you!

Deb...I love taking care of Alzheimer patients. Unfortunetly they are very difficult to deal with if you don't know how to. Really it sounds like your MIL should be in a home for her safety and management. I don't know how or why you put up with it. She really can't help herself and she doesn't even know it. What does your husband say? Be careful when she's with you that she doesn't get out and get lost or freeze to death. Also starting a fire is something to think about. They tend to roam in the middle of the night so be extremely careful when she's there.

I made homemade beef noodle soup, a pound cake, orange poppyseed bread and zuchinni carrot bread so help yourselves.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  8:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Whew, hello all!
First off, today was insane! Yes, I had a snow day. We got hit really bad in my part of Wisconsin, and my backyard has so many drifts it looked like snow dunes! So my neighbor and I shoveled our driveway, and now, I am quite sore. I look back on when I did not have to shovel, and snow days were just that, snow days, not shovel days! Either way, it was a good day, and now I have to go to school tomorrow:( But I'm still excited because it was a snow day!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae
P.S. Judy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  9:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, just popping in and reading what is going on, on the porch. Bridget is just finishing up her dinner and my potatoe is going to come out of the oven soon. I took a huge nap today with my daughter and I am gearing up for out evening of getting work done, since we missed the afternoon.

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  12:10:40 AM  Show Profile
Judy...Happy Birthday GF!! Hope it was a delightful day for you...full of love and spunk...like you!

Darlene...I really needed that Elvis song you sent me today. I just listened to it three times. I had just gotten off the phone with my little sister. She is dying...her organs are beginning to shut down. We talk once or twice a day because we don't know when the Lord will call her home. She ends each conversation with "Keep your phone on and charged up!"

Emily...nice to have you on the Porch even if it was just for a minute! Come back when you can stay longer.

Melanie...that dress is beautiful! The price really isn't that bad! I think I would be saving my pennies or finding a friend who loves to sew and making a barter with her.

Megan...oh, I hated shoveling snow! What a back breaker...even when you are young and in good shape! It isn't as bad if it is the light powdery stuff but the wet heavy stuff is just like trying to lift and throw concrete! Ugh!

Hey girls guess what???? I did the HAPPY DANCE all over the place this morning because they finally MOVED THE SMOKING SHACK!!!!! Thanks for your prayers, I know they helped when I had my heart-to-heart with management and wrote my letter to the powers-that-be. Now it is in a place that doesn't harm anyone but the butts that sit out there and smoke their lungs out. I am an ex-smoker so I understand how nasty and difficult that addiction is to break. Let's just pray that Bella calms down and relaxes, now that people aren't hanging outside my bedroom window making her neurotic.

Our two Arctic cold days left us and today it was in the 50's and sunny! Such weird weather...but I won't complain because most of you are having horrid weather this winter! ~ This afternoon I actually went out and dug up some tubers and moved them. Dug up a rose bush and tossed it...it never did well for me since I planted it. And then I poked around in my vegetable garden for awhile. Put a Trellis in my Veggie Garden and will run peas or beans up it come planting time. Put an old strawberry pot that started deteriorating on it's side in the garden just for a little decoration since it is too early to grow anything. That way I still have color to look at out there with my white trellis, my red strawberry pot, two big green frogs and A Garden Shovel that says,Welcome to My Garden. When all else fails...I just grow ART! lol

Off to bed...more tomorrow. Love you ALL for the Wonderful Women You Are!! Couldn't make it through a day without you! Well, I probably could but I wouldn't want to have to!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 03 2011 2:09:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  11:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies-Sorry I have been MIA the past couple of days. I have been dealing with grouchy mean people on other forums. Got my feelings hurt, then realized I don't need negative people in my life! That's why I come here. Love, friendship, trust and all around positive energy, even in times of hardship. I love all of you!

Staci-I wish you were closer too! We would be hanging out all the time! I don't get to tell you enough but you are so inspiring to me.

Peggy-sweet mama Peggy-I'm SOOOO glad they moved that stinking shack! I know Bella will settle down now. How are things otherwise? I am going to mail out my sweet solider letters this week to ya.

JUDY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's your birthday, get funky! Whoop! Whoop!

Darlene-I'm so glad to see you around girl!

Melanie-I LOVE that dress-So pretty! I bet you could make something like that.

Hi Emily and RoDonna!

Angela, sweetie...I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You are not alone. We are here for you, to vent, to talk and to give virtual hugs. Many prayers to you and remember...breathe in the flower, blow out the candle.

I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy with the crazy weather.

Quick request....if you are in the ornament swap, can you please send me your address. I am going to try to work on them this weekend. Thanks! Much love everyone. I've missed you all terribly.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  1:40:02 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
beautiful day here cold but sunny oh happy days..
staci thank you for the lovely BD card and sweet letter and yummy tea your too kind..
angela prayers are with you dear sister..
hello and warm greetings pam
welcome emily
i'll stop by later
blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  4:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! How many are still under snow? We are here in Ks, some areas worse than others. What a great time for hot cocoa and chit chat with the farmgirls. Have a great evening ladies!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  5:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Well, my school was one of the only ones open today. But it was a good day either way! Then I had physical therapy. Okay, kind of side story, but you know on The Biggest Loser when the contestants who have had injuries have their moment when they know that their injury won't be the thing to hold them back anymore? Well, I'm working towards that moment! I started with little victories today. I was jumping up onto a step stool, and I was jumping! I'm really happy, and just before my birthday too! Just wonderfulness all around!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  8:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies! It was a beautiful day today. I somewhat miss the snow. I could really go for a snow day right now. The kiddos and I don't like to get up early. Of course, I never did. :) If I could talk my husband into it I would homeschool. I miss my older two when they are at school. They didn't have attitudes or were whiny before they started school. Makes me wonder. I don't like the "No Child Left Behind" act either. Push them on through whether they know it or not. Maybe one of these days I get him to listen. :)

Angela: I know how you feel when it comes to living with your MIL. I do. The stress level is hard. I've gained almost 20 pounds since we moved in. I'm praying for you. Know that you are not alone. God will work this out for you.

Darlene: That sound so good. I believe I'll have some of that zucchini carrot bread. I have some green tea to share.

Well ladies, it's getting to that time that I need to head to slumber so I make it up in time to get everybody ready for school. Have great and blessed day. I'll see you tomorrow.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  8:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Judy-Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Peggy-YEAH!!!!!!!!I'm so excited they moved that stupid smoking shack! I used to smoke too and I still think it stinks.

Angela-We will miss you and be sending good thoughts and prayers your way that your situation will resolve soon

Melanie-That dress is amazing...I can see how you love it so much

I've been thinking of you all and the nasty weather that has hit so many of you; I hope you are all warm and safe

Spent the day canning potatoes (first time using my pressure canner) and hubby made some beef jerky (yummy). We are getting ready to go visit his family in California for the weekend so gotta spend time packing up the kids' stuff(lets pray I don't get hit up for money again, lol!). It's amazing how much little ones require! Some other pharmacists were looking for extra days to work to keep their insurance so I gave up my week and now have a week off (boy I wish I could permanently retire) ;-) Other than that, nothing exciting here. The weather has been pretty nice here, nice enough to have the windows open for a bit and get some fresh air in the house at least. I have fallen in love with Skype! I get to talk to an old friend who now lives in England via the computer, with a video, and it's virtually free! So amazing. I hadn't talked to her in about 8 years so it has been really fun to re-connect and then get to talk face to face.
Anyways, hope everyone has a good weekend and stay warm!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Feb 03 2011 9:00:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  12:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...just a quick pop-on before bed. It has been a long day and I am in a lot of pain.
It was beautiful out again today but my pain was intense. I told my DH that the weather reporters must
be wrong...because they were saying light showers Sat. & Sun. but sunny and warm the rest of the days
through next Friday. Well, my body wasn't agreeing with that forecast. Guess what they changed on the
11:00 pm News tonight? My body is never wrong! (I wish it was!) lol

Pam...I am sure you don't need my mailing address do you sweetie? Glad to see you so chatty today girl! How is the job going? ~ Aren't you glad that we don't have grouchy mean people on The Porch? Everyone is so wonderful and supportive and humorous and helpful and zany and fun...that is just a pleasure to come here everyday and visit. It is just a precious blessing and a breath of fresh air! ~ Bella barked way way less today! Yahoo!

Dana...do you want to hear something funny? Now that they moved the Smoking Shack other people are complaining about where they moved it to and that it looks ugly and is an eye-sore. I don't care what it looks like...I am just happy that I don't have to deal with it any more. lol And even Bella is doing the happy dance! ~ How long does it take you to get from Reno to your In-laws? That is so cool that you get to Skype with your friend in England. I skyped with my kids when they were in Michigan...now my Skype is one of the things not working on my wonky computer. I would love to skype with my grand-daughter in Seattle.

RoDonna...that is a pretty unusual name. How did your parents come up with that name for you? It is pretty but unique. ~ I am sure some of our Porchies would be happy to share some of their snow with you. lol

My Bible Study Group was good tonight. I love Thursday Nights for that reason! I get to enjoy my Sisters in
The Lord and share Jesus. It doesn't get any better than that.

OK...bed time! I think I am going to have a Pajama Day tomorrow and just be LAZY! Does anyone like to do that
besides me and my little sister????

Thought for the day..."What is the meaning of Life? To be happy and useful."

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page