Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  1:38:31 PM  Show Profile
hello porchies
the weather is getting really nice again and i have spring fever
as i was out for the pass 2 days in my yard raking and cleaning up
just so excited...
Tammy prayers for you and you son and what a beautiful quilt your are so talented wish i could quilt ..
can't seem to find and one around here to teach me
guess i'll teach myself?ha ha
i made a nice pot of rose marizpan tea the last of it
as teavana has disc it its wonderful so help ourselves
prayers for all in need in this terrible time in japan
and all those who have been flooded here is unbelievable water half way up the front door of some homes i passed yesterday dear lord its scary..earthquakes fires floods tidal waves everywhere you look
my prayers for all those who affected by mother nature ...
so good to have sisters to share with and pray with..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile
I've put a crisp in the oven and baking up some acorn squash to have on hand. While I wait I thought I'd step onto the porch and enjoy the crisp morning. The temperatures have been warmer, but 40 is still a little chilly first thing.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:21:00 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Porchies, We are having rain/42 again today, had it yesterday. Oh well, DH and I got 1 nice day off together. I can't get warm today...too damp! Tomorrow is spose to be 60/sunny. Yeaaaa!!!!!Hubby will be back to work by then but Mama and I can enjoy it together. She hasn't been out in quite awhile. She needs some "Fun'n Sun!"

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:59:36 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.
May the soft winds freshen your spirit.
May the sunshine brighten your heart
May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you.
And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.
alittle saying to start the day off
laurie a crisp sounds wonderful
with some nice hot tea.
judy hope you and your mom have a nice sunny day
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 16 2011 11:00:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  11:40:20 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
The sun is coming, so they say. 70 on Friday. That'll be sweet after such gray, gloomy weather.
TL Tammy, the quilt is lovely, great job.
Peg, I love the tea set - ca-ute! I have learned to use special things, too rather than save them. It makes me slow down and appreciate what I have and curbs that old spendy attitude I sometimes struggle with. PTL on the new church building. He IS good, all the time.
Prayers for all the job hunters. My DH is still looking, applying, waiting....
Laurie, thanks for the crisp. I just restocked my tea supply here at work and that sounds yummy.
RFM Tammy, I laughed at your description of working on an older home. We have the same thing every time we start a new project. "Wonder what fun thing we'll find in the wall this time?...What were they thinking?'....
Special prayers to all you with kids in the service and blessings to you all for sharing them with their country and raising them so well.

I've dropped off some Sarris Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims. 100 calorie packs for all of us watching our weight. Hungry Girl recommended them and they are wonderful!!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 16 2011 11:41:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Tammy- that quilt is truly beautiful, you should be very proud

RFMtammy-please tell your son thank you for his service!

Peggy-the tea set is too cute! I just love the colors, although it makes me long for spring to get here

Lida-So glad to hear from you, we've missed you but glad you check in when you can

Judy-loved that e-card, haha!

Things have been so busy here (as usual), I just don't know where the time goes. Finally got up the nerve to leave my 19mo old at the little "daycare" at the gym so I could go work out for a few and I gotta say I loved it! My oldest was in pre-school and I was able to go work out for a 1/2 hour and not have to wake up at 5am to do it. So excited...she wasn't thrilled about it about 20 minutes in but hey, for her first time away from parents or grandparents, I think she did pretty well. Definitely going to make a habit of it. I notice that it helps with the grumpiness factor when I can work out regularly.
Since I have to work till 8pm tomorrow night, I'm cooking St. Patty's day dinner tonight (yummy).

I probably won't be able to check in for a few days so I hope everyone has a happy St. Patricks day!!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Mar 16 2011 6:01:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Judy! You rock my socks! xoxo

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, great job on the quilt. I don't think I have the patience any more.
Peggy, the tea set is lovely.
God bless you all and I will check in later.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  10:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Happy St. Patrick's Day, ladies!!!!
I'm enjoying sausage, cabbage and taters. Yum. Unfortunately, I have a meeting tonight so I have to save my soda bread and corned beef for tomorrow night.
thanks for the hilarious e-card Judy, made me giggle.

Erin Go Bragh and many....
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 17 2011 10:08:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  10:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Girls and Happy Saint Paddy's Day to All Our Irish Farm Maidens!

It has been a rough 3 weeks health wise but the last two days have been pretty good with a little
break in the rain. You would think I would move to a warmer climate with how the weather affects my
fibro. but all my kids and grand-kids are in the N.W. so, I just can't go there.

I think I will probably even make it to Teach Bible Study tonight. Last week I had to get a substitute and my Ladies were trying to figure out if we could Skype Bible Study from my bed in to their living
room. LOL Bless their hearts. The truth is...this group has been together now for 21 years with me at
the helm...but any one of them are quite capable of leading the study in my absence. They are all very
wonderful Christian Women.

Lida...so very nice to have you pop in and share your life with us for a few minutes. Just do that
periodically and then we won't have Lida withdrawals.lol You are always such an encouragement and it
is great to hear what God is doing in your life and household. Checking out the Iphone site...thanks!

Darlene...How goes it girl? How are you feeling with all your car accident pain. Are you still having to
do the physical therapy? I pray for you and wish I could give you a 'gentle' hug. If Pam and I lived closer we would just buzz over have coffee/tea and a good chat and hearty laughs! That helps anyones aches and pains! Laugher is good medicine...now, if they could bottle that and sell it at the Pharmacy they would make zillions of dollars...far above and beyond the drugs they sell.

Pam...how goes the crazy boss and scary job??? Did Mark get over his Man-Cold? Hey, I am all for that embroidery project by the way. What ever Vintage Lady you pick...make her a Red-Head OK? That is my only
request. And we will discuss cost later dear heart! ~ Thought I would let you know that you can go on Bigalow Teas website and order The White Chocolate Kisses Tea. And if you get their box of 120 bags for $19.99 you save $7.99. Did you have any luck finding the Tea Set?

Dana...so glad that you were able to drop the little one off and get some gym time. That is neat! You Go Girl! Do a couple extra stair-steppers and treadmill runs for me too. I can't wait until the weather gets better and I can get out and walk. I use to do it rain or shine but can't anymore which is such a bummer. So, over the winter I just get fat and sassy.

Megan...you must be doing something fun lately besides HOMEWORK. Remember to have some fun and don't take
school too seriously. These are suppose to be fun and exciting years also...so, create lots of good memories besides pouring over school-books. lol

Cherime...are you still burried in snow up there in Wasilla? How is your project going for the homeless
teens? I might like to contribute $ once in awhile, can you send me an address to do that? Thanks!

Judy...I don't know why you "Rock Pam's Socks Off" but we all love you girl. You are such a special treat! Love your humor and zaniness.

Staci...how did hubbies interview go? Thanks for the Chocolate Covered Pretzels...you know me and chocolate. I even tried Chocolate Covered Ants and Grasshoppers one time when I was younger. I don't recommend them...it just goes to prove I will try anything dipped in Chocolate at least once. Ha Ha!

Deborah...loved your little Raindrops Poem! Did you write it yourself or just sharing to brighten our day?

Angela...don't know where you have been but hope all things are going well for you. I have seen you on
the Garden Posts. I have decided to try the 'Square Foot' Garden approach this year. (by the way he just came out with a new and improved book). I have such a small amount of space that I want to get the best amount of produce in the least amount of space...so, I will give it a try this year and see what I think. I have never been a plant it in rows type gardener anyway...and I think I have had fairly good gardens over the years until last year...but I am always up for trying to maximize space and get better results. I will let you all know what I think after this season.

RFM Tammy...I am glad your son is home for a visit but I am so sad to hear that he is being deployed to Afghanistan. Tell him that we all appreciate his Service for this Country and that people he doesn't even know are praying for him.

Laurie...thanks for the Acorn Squash reminder. I have a couple in my Frige that I need to cook up too. And it sounds like a good day to have them. Yummy!

Madame Butterfly...how goes everything with you? What good book are you enjoying lately? I am just getting ready to start John Grisham's latest book. I gave up on him years ago...when I started hating all the endings of his books...but my husband assures me that I will like this one. We will see! I am also enjoying my Tasha Tudor Gardening Book. Do any of you like Tasha Tudor?

I have been crafting a lot from my bed and my recliner and reading a lot. So, I am never bored or without
something to do. And I always have my Porchies in my thoughts and prayers.

Will touch base with you later tonight after my Bible Study.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 17 2011 10:37:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  1:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Sisters,
First, do not open or go to any links sent from my e-mail accounts about a new iPhone- it is spam, please delete and I aplolgize for any inconvenience. No new iPhones for me, just my old trusty Cell phone that only is good for conversing on.

Well, I am using a vacation day to stay home with a sick granddaughter. We just got back from her pediatricians and she is asleep in her carseat. It is great that my home wireless works out in the driveway so she can sleep and I can get caught up with you! She has RSV, viral bronchiolitis and bacterial ear infections. Poor baby.

What a glorious pre-spring day we are having here in western NY! Crocuses, bird song, blue sky, sunshine and in the 50s! What a great St. Patricks Day! The corned beef and cabbage is in the crockpot. I did not dig all of my potatoes and carrots in the fall and let them winter over in the ground with a lot of mulch, so we have fresh dug potatoes and carrots for dinner.

I was going to back off on the garden this year so that I would have ,ore time to trwin for 2 athletic events I signed up for this year, but all that I am hearing about the possible increased food prices and shortages I am rethinking that.

Yes, my birthday is Saturday and it is one of the milestone ones, 50! Almost to middle age! To celebrate I signed up for the Mother's Day breast cancer 5K and the diabetes association's Tour de' Cure bicycle ride, either 60 or 100 miles in one day on June 12. I also signed up for a triathlon in July- kayak 3 miles, bike 50 miles and walk/ run 5K. Boy do I need to lose some weight to get ready for these events.

I don't have any paper to write take notes from your posts and with the iPad I can't scroll down to see your posts, so I will be back later to do some shout outs.

You are an amazing group of women.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  4:56:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Sorry I have been absent for the past few days, but I downloaded some stuff for my iPod and didn't know if I had any internet left for the month! But I do, so here I am!
Peggy, don't worry, I have been having some fun! Last night, my girls and I went to the mall to celebrate one of my friend's birthdays.
Lida, what great goals! I hope that maybe I can do a Tour de Cure this year too, and I want to run my first 5K in September.
Well, like I told Peggy, I have not been all work, no play! Last night my friends and I went to the mall, and we had the best time! Our evening was cut short though. We were going to see a movie, but the cashier said that since the movie ended after curfew, we couldn't see the movie without an adult. Well, we said that my friend's mom could come in and watch during the movie, but the cashier said no, that someone over 21 had to go into the theater with us. We were a little disappointed, but rules are rules. Except for the fact that my friend said she's been let in to movies that end after curfew without a parent before, so we think it was just the cashier's personal feelings. But we still had a good time! Hope everyone is having good days!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  06:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Lida!!

Peggy Ann, I hope you are feeling better. fibromyalga can be tough. I know my mom can't do humid climates due to her arthritis. She loves it here in CO.

Today I'm off for my first pre-natal doctors visit. Oh fun. Nothing to make you more uncomfortable than that! Made another crisp for mom and I (one without wheat) and been cooking up a storm. She is loving it. We had snow last night so I have pulled on an extra layer to step onto the porch for just a moment. Hope you all have a good day.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  06:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

Just popping in for a minute. I do try to keep up with reading every day even if I don't get time to post. Everything is going pretty well right now - both Mom and BF are feeling good. Last weekend BF and I went to Lancaster County (Amish country) for 3 days. It was good for him to see that he could still travel and do fun things. We spent Saturday with our Amish friends - they are such a joy!

Like everyone else, we can't wait for spring. I really want to dig in the dirt! It will still be a while here in the Northeast, but at least it's time to THINK about it!!

Hugs to all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  08:32:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello everybody. Quiet day at work so I thought I'd sneak in and catch up. The weather yesterday was absolutely gorgeous out. The first time this spring I was able to wear a jacket instead of my down coat. Spring might actually be coming :O) Today is supposed to be nice but not quite as warm - I'll take the sunshine though.

The week has been as hectic as I anticipated it would be. My oldest son arrived safely. His name is Matthew. My youngest son, Jordon, turned 19 on Wednesday and I nearly forgot about it with the excitement of Matthew being home. I offered to take him somewhere nice and what does he tell me he wants for his birthday meal? Hot wings! Seriously? Hot wings? My df said we were absolutely not doing Pizza Hut (his favorite wings) for his birthday so he agreed Buffalo Wild Wings would be cool. I bought a cake from Costco for him (horrible mother I know but I don't have time to bake during the week). Those cakes have 2 pounds of chocolate mousse on them! but they sure are tasty LOL Tomorrow we're going skeet shooting. I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everybody gets to enjoy some nice weather - we all deserve it :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  08:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Lida hope you had a great B day.
Peggy, one of the local pastors came to the office for a visit and he is on board with a shelter. Sometimes it seems like we are moving turtle wise and suddenly a rabbit spurt occurs. God's timing is great but we can be so impatient.
Group hug and I am off and running this am again.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  3:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There! I feel much better. Today has been very trying for me. Lots of people yelling at me because of their own problems. I've decided I need a steak dinner and cocktails tonight. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  6:11:01 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
PAM you go girl i'm with you in spirit..
today was awesome it hit 80 degrees
you couldn't drag me inside...LOL
i'm bone tired from all the work cleaning up but oh what a day..
i even grilled and ate dinner al fresco (outside) on the patio
waited so long to do this.. what yummy day i could just drink it up
and now a big beautiful full moon and warm breeze its like being in love...LOL
sorry i just feel so good ..its been a long hard winter..
well blessings to all
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  10:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIDA

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  11:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIDA ! Put the running shoes away for today and have a huge piece of cake..you deserve it !
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  1:18:03 PM  Show Profile
happy birthday lida

jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 19 2011 1:18:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Farmgirl, Happy Birthday Toooo Youuuuu!

Have a GREAT Day Lida!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
LIDA! It's your birthday! You're getting funky! WHOOP! WHOOP!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  11:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Lida!!! I have another friend whose birthday is today also. Her name is Kim!

Hope your Family & Friends Spoiled You Beautifully!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  05:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sisters,
You are a wonderful group of women! Thank you for all of the birthday greetings! I had a nice day. My kids and grandkids and 3 close friends came over for dinner. DH and the girls prepared dinner. I made a batch of multi- grain dinner rolls. They kept telling me to go and relax and let them make dinner, but making bread is relaxing for me! My DH got me some padded bike shorts- this is a sweet gift and I asked for it. One DD got me the game Bananagrams and the grandkids got me a Pandora bracelet and charm. The charm bracelet reminded me of Peggy and her blog about charm bracelets. Several people gave me money towards my Tour de Cure bike ride in June. Now I really need to be diligent in my training because people have invested in me!

Debtea- 80s and eating outside! Sounds like heaven. I love being outside.

Chermine- how wonderful that one of the local chhurches is catching the vision for your outreach. We will keep praying for even more support.

RFM Tammy- glad your son made it home! We have had those kinds of birthday celebrations in our family too. Kids know that it isn't how they are celebrated one day of the year that matters, but how they are loved and encouraged 365 days that really matters.

Luanne- oh yes, I am with you in regards to thinking about digging in the dirt. I bought some snowpod pea seeds to plant next month. Hopefully I am not getting ahead of myself, but you are right, it has ben a long hard winter in the northeast. Glad that you got to Lancaster. My SIL lives near Reading and we get down to visit about once a year. We have talked about going to Lancaster while there, but have not made it yet. I would like to go to Sight and Sound Theater while there.

Megan- we need to train for the Tour de Cure together. What distance do you want to ride? Last year I volunteered as a sweep rider for the MS ride, 30 mile segment. There were 2 teenagers riding together who did not train at all and they were mortified that they were at the end of the ride and having to ride with me behind them. They had anticipated a quiet (romantic?) time together, and ended up with a mom riding with theso their goal became: take a detour and lose the mom. I had to call the ridee director to report them as missing when the deliberately set off on an unsupported direction.

Okay, have to run to church.

Blessings,

Lida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page