Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  8:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, you get there when you can:)
Bunny, that's so great about the job!
Thank God it's Thursday tomorrow! It's actually been an okay week, just so much to do for school! But it's all worked out for the best. Today we had an auction at school, and my friends and I bid on a movie night basket, which we won, so a trip to the theater will be in the works. Also, I have decided that next spring break, I will going on a school trip to... London! A few of my friends and I are going, and we are all really excited! We'll be there for a week during spring break next year, so that is definitely something to look forward to:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  11:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - How did the displays go or haven't you done them yet? I'm sure you'll do great. As for me retraining, the retraining funds here in Michigan have run out thanks to all the auto workers who got laid off so unless they figure out how to put more funding into that I doubt that's an option. As I mentioned, this is the worse place to be right now needing a job. If it was just my son and myself I'd move to another state and start over, but my fiance is well established and known in his field so it would be hard for him to relocate. They're cutting college tuition assistance so I don't even know if that would be an option. I've given serious thought to going back to school and finishing my nursing degree, but at 45 and needing 3 more years of college to complete it I'm not sure it would be worth the time, effort, and money. We'll see. I really hope the government doesn't do this. It's bad enough for me but all these military personel being required to work with no pay! What gets me is that Congress will get paid but those fighting wont' get paid - that's just not right.

Melanie - I totally agree that your cleaning jobs are better then the USPS. Seriously, can you imagine the insanity and stress around holidays of working at the USPS? I think I'd rather have a less stressful job and not have to deal with that. I have considered it since prior military have preference for positions but the last time I looked they weren't even hiring here.

Meghan - congrats on the trip to London. How exciting for you. Our school didn't do trips like that. I think the French class was about the only one I can remember and that might have started after I graduated. My son's school has never done a class fieldtrip either, but I think there's over 700 in his graduating class so understandable.

Well break time is over, hopefully I'll get a chance to jump back on tonight.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  07:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Melanie it depends on the sort of wood you are burning. Good hard DRY wood does not develop a lot of creosote. Pine and other soft woods make a lot of it. I have a double wall pipe through the roof and I use a in the pipe fan to create draft quickly so that the pipe gets hot quickly and that helps keep the buildup to a minimum. I also use the powdered stuff,Soot Remover by name. If you tap on the pipe when it is cold and you hear stuff rattle down, its time to get on the roof with the brush.

On another note I have to leave work right after I got there yesterday am. Took a taxi to the bus stop, only one place where the bus can be caught from Anchorage to Wasilla. My SL called freaked out as my DD had the second major insulin reaction in about 3 days. Got to the hospital and he was in worse shape than she was. The word from the Dr. was that when my DD went to her Dr. three weeks ago, the nurse reprogrammed her insulin pump and did it wrong. So they had to go through that misery and costs for nothing. I took her home and she called in to the new job to see when she could get the rest of her training and they told her to come in immediately. I can see that this job is going to be a tough one. The only good thing is that the person likely to give her a bad time left their employ. Now if my SL can keep it together for a bit, please pray for him as he was talking that he "couldn't do this anymore" when he called me. I have not told my DD this as they have been having problems enough.
Thanks you God for grace to get through it all!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey Peggy!
Did you know they have a stash tea store in Tigard? I am going over there to pick out some teas for the swap. The sun is finally shining, at least for a day. I am going to go enjoy it after I get off work. Maybe do some gardening. I am thinking of all of you.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  4:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
We have had lovely weather this week and the trees and flowers are filling out. Everyting is gorgeous, except for my allergies of course. I've felt like poo the last couple of days. I was laid up in the bed most of the day yesterday with a fever. It finally broke about 2am. Then I was so hot, I had to go sit outside on the porch to cool off. I did get all of my work done today so I have the weekend to myself. YAY! I get to spend it going through my house. I all ready have one box of stuff packed up and ready to go to goodwill. I have three more empty boxes to fill. And believe me I will fill every last one of them. How do I accumulate so much stuff.
Speaking of bringing things home.... Guess what I drug home with me today? A kitten. She/He's temporary right now. My sister's cat had kittens and she's been trying to find them homes. Poor little thing is having the awfulest time fitting in with the rest of the critters. Rufus, the beagle-mix, is trying so hard to de-flea the little thing, then Ruby wants to bark her lungs out at it and Ginger hisses and growls at it like it's one of the dogs. You'd think the cat would at least be nice to the kitten.
I'm going to go see what else I can throw in a goodwill box. Have a great evening! Oh I'm leaving some brownies on the porch for you all!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  8:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone.

Cherime...How scarey for your DD. Just what Dana and I talked about a few posts back. All the mistakes made by everyone in the medical field. It is horrible and believe me you don't even know the half of it. Did she program her with too much or not enough? I would make that doctor pay her medical bills and if he won't see a lawyer. She could have died. The nurse should be gone too. There is NO excuse for what she did. We are taught to do a check at least 3 times before giving a med or adjusting it. She obviously missed a step or 2 or she would have caught the error. Hope all is well now.

Melanie...We heated with wood for at least 20 years without any problems. I wish we still did but we can't cut, split and stack it anymore. Get a good airtight stove and dry wood. Throw the creosote remover log in every now and then and have your chimney cleaned yearly before the season starts again. I used to cook on mine and our house was so cozy warm! Miss it. Hope you feel better.

Pam...I love Stash tea and I'm jealous. I've been online with them often recently.

Bunny...I'm emailing you the online site I told you about.

Luanne...Went to the bookstore a couple of times that we were going to go to. Might go tomorrow. Glad BF and DM are better.

Deb...How's your MIL adjusting to the NH?

Tammy...How did the Musical go?

Megan...London GF? Lucky you! I chaperoned a trip to Mexico for my DS Spanish class many moons ago. It was a blast, even if they did lose our luggage for a few days!

Staci...How's the DH job? Hope it worked out for him.

Can someone explain how I can post in color? I am so not computer smart. Help!

Peggy...Did you OD on chocolate tea or are you tangled up in your mail art supplies?

Thank you for the early BD wishes! Time flies when your having fun!LOL!

Hugging you all!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Edited by - HealingTouch on Apr 08 2011 8:54:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  9:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, it is so good to "see" you all again. It has been ages since I have been on here. I hope to have a little more "me" time to be able to spend with you ladies.

Cherime and Tammy, I will certainly keep you in my prayers with your family difficulties and your job, Cherime. There was no sense in that happening at the ministry!

Peggy, I hope you are doing well. I have missed you, my dear friend.

Bunny, I sure hope the job works out well. I know you have been through a lot and I hope you find something you can really be happy with and be able to build up your business. You are so talented!!

Darlene, I hope you have a great Birthday. Thanks for all the e-mails!

I guess I had better get to bed. A busy day tomorrow!

BTW, please keep my 11 month old granddaughter in your prayers. She will have tubes put in her ears Monday. Should be relatively minor but appreciate the prayers!

See you soon!
Janet

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  07:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Darlene! How horrible of me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Much love to one saucy lady!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  07:46:13 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Sorry, I have been MIA lately. Tangled up in the Session #10 Secret Sisters. I am Hostessing this Session to give Sue Feeley a break for Family Functions over the summer...graduations, weddings etc. It isn't as easy as a regular swap...I am finding out. The Farmgirls will probably be anxious to have Sue back in August. LoL

Darlene...you have to use the Reply to Topic page where all the smiley faces are. The top line above The Message box says Font Size and Color. So, highlight the portion you want in color, then go up and click on the pull down arrow, next to color and pick the color you want and it will change it for you.

Pam...Hey cutie, no I did not know that Tigard had a Stash Tea Store. Hope you find some good tea there. I can't drink any of their Passion Teas...I have an allergic reaction to them. They taste wonderful though. ~ Well, today I hope to get over and get some good top-soil for my Vegetable Garden. I am not going to plant yet however. I would rather plant late and buy starts instead of seeds...but we for sure need some warmer weather to warm up the soil before we plant!

Megan...how Awesome would London be???? That would be so cool!
Still haven't made it to your writing place yet...do you want to come dog sit for me...so I can go read for awhile?

Melanie...we want to have some lovely weather too, would you like to send some our way?? The flowering trees are blooming and some of the spring flowers, like daffodils and tulips and camellia's.
So, it looks beautiful when it isn't pouring sheets of water, hail or snow. lol

Bunny...doing displays was always my specialty too. I loved it! I bet you do a fabulous job for her! It really gives you a lot of satisfaction when your displays draw people in to the store or deeper in to the back of the store. I did all the decorating and displays for
the Christian Book and Gift Stores that I managed. That was The Fun part of my job! I think had Staging Houses been such a great career opportunity when I was younger...as it is today, I could have made a living doing that successfully too. Or another favorite of mine would have been to be a Personal Shopper. I love spending other people's money for them. As my sister has become so ill...she gave me a credit card for her and she will call me long distance and ask me to order things for her and have them sent to her home. I love doing that!

Cherime...It looks like a lot more people are going to be out of jobs soon, in our government. We are just creating this vicious cycle of destroying employment instead of building it back up. It is awful...I feel so badly for everyone affected by this insanity. I don't think I would have ever believed our Country would be in such a mess...Nation wide and World Wide. Hang in there girl...The Lord will provide for what you need. It is a great time to have a Friend in High Places!

Deborah...I hope that all the Ladies on the Porch that didn't get in on the first round of the Tea Swap and wanted to...will join your swap, so no one will be left out of the fun! And it is FUN!

Janet...My goodness girl, it is fabulous to see you back on here. I have soooo missed you! Hey, do I owe you a letter or do you owe me one???? I will be praying for your grand-daughter and the tubes for her ears. Had to have those for my youngest son when he was little and they really made a huge difference for him. Pretty routine procedure but we still get nervous for the kids don't we? I will be praying for all of you!

Well Porchies...I hope to hop on later and see how everyone's day went. I plan to rest some more and then start digging in the dirt.
Have a Blessed Weekend!

Hugs and Smiles,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  08:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies,
How are you today? Good I hope. I am just popping for a moment. Have some things to get accomplished later.

Tomorrow is our musical. I will be glad to have it behind us. It was a long week of practice. My little butterflies were a tad crabby by Friday.

Stepdaughter is home this weekend. I can love on her with comfort food, love and of course tea. Tea fixes all the problems in the world.

Deb, I would be interested in the tea swap. I will email you later.

Miss Peggy so good to see you on here. Missed your posts.

Well ladies time to hit the road for now. Check in later.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Well it looks like I didn't get the job at the gift shop. Maybe my displays were a little out there for her. I wrapped a big scarf around a dress form like a skirt, put a cute colorful sweater on it with some belts, a purse and a cute hat with a rose it it. I'm wondering if the scarf skirt was too much. I even emailed her thanking her for letting me come in and work. But she hasn't even responded to my email. I guess I should have known when her husband handed me 25.00 for working 4 hours. But it is their loss. I had 3 customers walk by me as I was working and said they loved my display. So there!
I did get the job at the quilt shop finally. She didn't want to hire me because she was afraid I would sell my fabric at home to her customers. I had to assure her I knew that was not ok and I was putting my fabric online anyway. I'm selling fabric at a craft fair in May and also wanted to bring my class samples to hopefully get some sign ups. She got upset that people would buy my fabric at the fair and then sign up for the class at her shop and she wouldn't make any money... I told her I was just trying to get people into her shop and they could just as easily go to Joann's to buy fabric as buy it from me. The only saving grace with working for her is she will be gone while I work. If I didn't need the job so badly... I would never work for her. She drives me nuts.
I'm still going to contact the hospital. I will be working at the quilt shop two weeks a month which makes a second job hard. But maybe I can work something out for volunteering. I need to get my face in there on a regular basis.

Well enough about me! I see so much going on with the rest of you.
Cherime, how scary for you and DD. I'm glad they got it fixed. Poor SL wouldn't be so stressed if he didn't care. I hope they get it worked out.

Megan, so cool about London. What fun to look forward to.

Peggy, nice to see you again. My mom keeps talking about a garden but doesn't seem to be doing anything except reading seed catalogs. I don't have the energy to do it all. The backyard needs lots of upkeep as it is just a jungle of grass. It is almost as tall as my kitties. I'm going to have to learn how to use the mower I guess. I can't even get her to prune the roses. They are finally looking better but have dead tips from last year. Sigh.....

Melanie, so glad for your nice weather finally. I hope you figure out the heating issue. If the weather stays nice... you can take the time to do it right. Save up money for next year or wait for a sale on what you want.

Pam, I saw you had another craft video. I wasn't able to watch it... will later. How fun for you. I hope to figure that out eventually for my blog. I would love to put my own videos to teach quilting stuff. I just don't have the right camera to do it. Someday......

Today is the Cherry Festival. I get to go with mom.. yeah! Hopefully she won't tire out too soon. Funny thing.. actually not so funny. I have been seeing her mother in her face and actions. I did NOT like my grandmother. I use to call her dragon lady (to myself). I have had to really disregard that. She is being very good to me despite my complaining. She loves having me here. I just have so much from the past that comes up. I can't stand to hear her version of my childhood. Very twisted from my version.

Anyway, hope you all have a sunny spring Saturday!!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  1:50:16 PM  Show Profile
I spent a rather pleasant mornin only to have it blown this afternoon.

I went to church and wasn't feelin too icky. I've woke up about 5am the last 5 mornins or so violently ill. This mornin it was just nausea, no potty prayin. I managed to get over it and had a nice lunch and even ate some pie with no adverse effects. We spent about an hour visitin with my folks afterward.

I was feelin pretty good when we got home. So we decided to take a walk to the garden. I knew it had rained, but in town it wasn't a bad rain. Apparently here it was a flood! My pea seed had almost all been washed out into the yard! I was so disgusted. Hours of garden cleanin, tillin, and plantin all washed away.

I was in tears standin there in the middle of a giant mud hole mess instead of my carefully prepared garden bed. There was small branches all over the place and muddy trenches dug all through it.

My sweet Hubby said he'd fix it, not to worry. He actually picked all the seed you could see up from all over the place, even out in the grass! He re-planted it all and got more from the house to fill in the gaps. Then we filled the wagon with bricks and built a wall at the top of the garden to re-direct the water from the hill around it. He's gonna till the garden agian after it dries out a little. We mucked our way through the mud and picked up all the sticks and pulled the little bit of weeds that had started growin. It doesn't look so bad now, just muddy.

My Hubby is gettin an extra special dinner tonight! He was so sweet out there pickin up all those seeds so carefully since most of them were already sprouted. He hasn't gotten a lot of sleep either with me bein so sick. He gets up with me every mornin and takes care of me.

I'm gonna spend some time plantin the last of my vege starts in the greenhouse tonight after dinner. Right now I'm gonna go get started on dinner!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  05:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-how jerky of the gift shop. It is completely their loss. I know what you mean about having a job in this climate. Just remember that there is something better out there and it's just temporary. The new video is funny. I did cake pops and let me tell you, they are so sweet, I never want to see another one again. LOL!

I am up early cause I can't sleep, but that's okay, I can catch up on checking my email.

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:17:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies (well afternoon for you gals out east). It's a beautiful morning here in Edmonton, the sun is shining, it's warm enough for a t-shirt and the baby is napping. I'm enjoying my wonderful cup of coffee.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  12:56:33 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...oops, I should say Good Afternoon. It just feels like it still should be morning because I need more sleep. Been falling behind all week with sleep from new meds and I can't seem to get caught back up.

WELCOME TO THE PORCH ANNEMARIE!!!
Glad to have you with us. How old is baby? Boy or girl?

Bunny...your display sounded great and they sure handled the situation rudely if you ask me. I tell you, some people just don't know how to run a business. The Lady at the other Quilt Shop doesn't sound any better or nicer either, are you sure you want to go to work for her? I think I would just keep looking...I can see the hand-writing on the wall on that one too. I know how hard it is right now to find employment at all...but I think I would go Volunteer at the Hospital and work your way into a good job that will have some benefits for you. Also, I bet you could sell your purses in the Hospital Gift Shop and even small quilted pictures like you made for me, would really be cheery and thoughtful gifts for people in the Hospital. Maybe your energies would be better served going that route. Besides, that way you can sell your quilts and material anyway you want to without feeling guilted by the local quilt shops.

Pam...I am sorry that you couldn't sleep either honey. Everyone seems to be going through a spell of that. I think just because we want some Spring and Sunshine to brighten our World a little bit! Did you find any good Stash Tea at The Tigard Store? I will answer your lovely email a bit later.

Angela...are you perhaps pregnant? You sound like you might have those kind of symptoms. Sorry about all your hard work getting washed away into a big ol' mucky mud hole. But DH was a sweetheart to go fix it all for you. What a good man!

Butterfly Tammy...Here is my little butterfly:

Isn't she a Special Purple Butterfly? Granmama and Madeline's favorite color!
Hope your program went well. I bet your butterflies looked and performed beautifully too!

Well My Porchies...I'm off to steal a few more minutes of sleep. Yucky weather...good day to snooze and read and drink tea! Leaving some tea-pots of Strawberry Mango Tea this morning...in celebration of planting my small little tub of Strawberries yesterday.

quote for today: JOY is a flower that blooms when you do!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 10 2011 1:02:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  1:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the yummy teas and goodies lately. I'm stuffed! LOL I made some Stash ginger-peach-green tea today. I really like it. mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm-mmmm-Tasty!!! *giggle*
When I got up this morning it was foggy and wet out and 58. Now at 4:30 it's windy but sunny and 80. Crazy Ohio.
Make it a good evening Girls.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  3:40:20 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
it sure is crazy weather
beautiful yesterday 66 and cold today 46
today is supposed be a winner 80 we'll see
the weatherman is a liar he said today would be sunny well not here maybe he lives in the bahamas LOL
but all in all had a great day at the nursery picking up plants so exciting will plant them tomorrow..
I also find a spice shop and i could of spent a small fortune but i was good. besides blew the budget on plants so i'm bad...
Tammy and Luann tea swap is still a go so anyone wanting in please email me..and we will get started..
Peggy what a cute little butterfly ..
Angela so sorry about your garden but your hubby sounds like a kepper...
Bunny too bad your bosslady does not see the advantage of having such a talented employee whom would bring in more business
???

prayers for all and spring blessings
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Apr 10 2011 3:40:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  3:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girlies! I have a few minutes before it's time to pick the kids up from their dad's house. I am feeling lots better! Thank you! I went to church this morning with my sister, BIL and the kids. I've been working on my home party display a little. I might just need to enlist your help with this one, Bunny. LOL Oh the only thing I've really managed to do is get it all unpacked. That was a lot of boxes and bubble wrap for just a little bit of stuff. I saved a good bit of the bubble wrap. The boxes were just too much. I'm glad our town started a bigger recycle prgram a few months back. We have a big cart that we put all our recyclables in and set it on the curb every couple of weeks to get picked up. It has cut our trash collection down by 4 bags a week!

Tea Lady Tammy~ How is your step daughter doing? I hope she is feeling better. And how was the musical? I bet your lil butterflies did a fabulous job!

Bunny~ What a cuddy thing. I agree with Peggy, definately see about placing some of your goodies in the hospital gift shop.

Hello AnneMarie! Welcome to the porch!

We have had such warm weather this weekend. Feels more like summer than spring. 80-something degrees again today. Whoo almost makes me think about dragging the window a/c's out. hahahhaha Ohhh Remember the kitty I mentioned? Oh it's such a sweet little lover! Now my guy is not cat crazy at all and I really just took the baby in to help my sister find him a home. But this little baby has taken to Jeremy like a bee to a flower. And of course Jeremy won't admit it, but he likes this little baby too. You can just tell by the way he protects it from the dogs and plays with it. I don't think he'd be heartbroken if it found a new home, but at least he won't mind that it hangs out with us a for awhile.

I better run. You all have a great night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  3:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your little butterfly is soo cute. My kids are no where near ready to have kids. So I'm sure I'll be much older before I get any grandchildren.
I am thankful for the job at the quilt shop. I'm out of money and really needed it. She won't be there while I'm working so that will do just fine. I am going to work at volunteering at the hospital. I just need to be patient and take one step at a time. At least the money issue is settled for now. On to looking for a real job next. I figure that will take some time. I have to get in good with the hospital clinics and hopefully when I see a job posted, I can put the volunteering on my resume. I really think that will do the trick. I figure 6 months should do it. If they don't think I'm hireable at that point.. I belong on welfare. (not really). I did finally get an email from the gift shop. Thanking me for my "fresh" merchandising ideas. They said they had more interviews next week and would keep in touch. I read between the lines "we are not interested". That's ok, I responded with a thank you and that I had been offered another position somewhere else.

Angela, so sorry you were sick and lost your garden. What a wonderful man to realize how important your garden was to you. Hope you are feeling better. I love the "potty praying" comment. We call it praying to the porcelain god at my house.

Pam, I had someone bring me a bunch of cake pops for a gift at my store. I can relate to being sick. I ate way too many of them during the day. I think it is so cool you do those videos and get paid too?

Welcome AnnaMarie! This is a wonderful place. Everyone is interesting and busy and makes you feel special.

I have been doing an online course in learning Wordpress. I want to redo my blog to be more "me" Soo much to learn. I'm going to learn both the free way and the Wordpress.org way. Wordpress.org I do everything myself but need to pay someone to host my site. I will be able to have more freedom in the style. But lots more to learn. I would love to learn how to do this and hire myself out someday. If nothing else, one more thing to add to my resume.

Anyway, it is a lazy Sunday. All the kitties are asleep on my bed with me. One is even snoring. Yes.. cat do snore. Moe Moe makes little squeeky sounds too. Very cute. Here is Moe Moe and Twinkle. Alex is under the covers.

Time for my nap..
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  5:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Awwww....look at those sleeping kitties! So stinking cute. Peggy-your little granddaughter is is just too much! I do get paid for the videos. It's a lot of work to do a 5 minute video but I get to craft and get paid for it so I can't complain. Our next one is for Mother's Day. We have to do a gift-anyone have any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Pam what about a fabric flower pin? There are so many different ones out there. One I like is taking Organza, cutting it up into petal shapes, burning the edges and layering them. Or how about a picture of the kids transfered onto fabric and make a pillow or wall hanging or ... something. Or a fabric postcard/mini quilt/fabric picture... Ok, I'll stop now.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  6:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ohhh! Those are good ideas! Keep them coming!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  6:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Awwwwwwww......love the kitties.....Rascal snores too....it's so cute!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Evening my dear Porch Sisters,
The musical was a success! My little butterflies were wonderful as usual. But am glad to have it over. We get to have a "normal" week if ever there were normal in my classroom. This was the last musical my sons will be in as they will be going to high school. I was a bit teary eyed.

Stepdaughter was home for a bit. She is convinced her world is over and today she phoned and said maybe things could be fixed. The thing is this guy she loves has done this before. Proposed and then called it off. As a mama I am protective of her. I know she is an adult and I will respect her decision, no matter what happens, but I hope God opens her eyes and her heart. I don't want her getting hurt worse or a second time because she believes he won't do this a third time. But she is an adult. I can tell her my opinion but it is her life. So I pray a lot. Wedding dress was put in closet here until she decides what she wants to do with it.

This week my twins get confirmed so will be another busy week. This busyness and filling up the weeks has become a bit overwhelming. I need my moments to unwind and so I am asking God to just give a few each day so I can do what needs to be done.

Miss Peggy I think your butterfly is just darling. And I absolutely loved her wings...my favorite color Purple

Angela sorry about your garden and that you were ill.

Welcome Anne Marie this a wonderful place.

Well time to go for evening tea.

Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Everyone, I'm really excited about London too:)
Peggy, I would love to come see your poochies! From the pictures you post, they are cuties!
Bunny, I'm glad you got a job, but I'm sorry that you don't like your boss:( One day, I'm sure you'll take over the quilting world!
It was so hot here today, but I'm afraid that tomorrow it's going to go away! Only 5 days until spring break, then I'll have all of the time in the world to do what I want:) Hopefully get caught up on some farmgirl business and other things! I'll spend more time here tomorrow, I promise!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page