Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  6:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I was not the one with a beauty shop but I love your tag-line. Thank you for the concern you and the other sisters have expressed. I just feel numb with grief. They will attempt to bring Austin out of his coma tomorrow to see how extensive his brain injuries are.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  6:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- The avacado icecream actually tastes nothing like avacados, though it could. Imagine it more of a creamy lemon sherbert. It's very lemon tasting. The avacado when pureed makes them tasteless. I had a few pieces that weren't chopped up enough but it wasn't bad. I guess I didn't mind trying it because there's an icecream place in town that has an avacado icecream. They also make caramel and sea salt, and one with bacon crumbles on top. I'm looking forward to making some of the other recipes, like the strawberry icecream next.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  9:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Janet, I'll be praying for your SIL. That sounds very scary for him and his family.
Elaine, it looks like you had fun on your kayak trip!
Julie, I hope things get better for you and your DH.
Bunny, I hope you're able to get into school this fall. That'd be so great!
Pam, we miss you! Visit more often girlie!
Angela, I'm glad your DD's boyfriend has had his problem figured out. I think that it is a fairly manageable problem once all the medicine and dosages get figured out. I'll keep prayin for ya!
Judy, will you PLEASE send some nice weather my way?! Today and yesterday were nice, but now they're saying rain for most of the week
Yesterday I had a quincenara for one of my classmates. It was very interesting to go to. They had mariachi dancers and a mariachi band. My classmate was carried in, and they did a traditional Mexican dance complete with feather headdresses and costumes. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to see a bunch of my friends. Then today, I went over to my aunt's house for my cousin's birthday party. My Mom was able to come, and even though it was a lot of fun, I could sense tension in the air. My Mom and my aunt get along, but ever since my parents split a few years ago, it's been kind of awkward when we're ALL together. I just wish it could be better because my cousins miss my Mom. Okay, off my pedestal now! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  09:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

It seems like everyone is really busy and most of you are doing well. Prayers to all of those who are in need of help or encouragement.

Just got home from a short 4-day vacation to Lancaster County. We got to spend a lot of time with our Amish friends, which is always such a joy. The two youngest kids kept telling me they were working on a surprise for us - so yesterday afternoon before we left they presented me with a rock with my name and bF's on it, and it said "You're Cute" on it - it was decorated with glued-on sea shells. Those two are so adorable! Think it will make a nice paperweight on my desk at work or at home on my counter.

We are planning a week's vacation the end of July. Are any of you Massachusetts farmgirls familiar with Sudbury? We want to go see the waterwheel at the Wayside Inn. BF's father built that wheel back in the 1960's. We are looking for a reasonable place to stay in that area. We may also go to Old Sturbridge Village while we are there. Any recommendations?

There's fresh squeezed lemonade and some lemon tarts on the porch - help yourselves!

Farmgirl hugs to you all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon my dear sweet sisters,
It is a cool day after gallons of rain downpours yesterday. We are in need of few days of dry weather.

Mis Peggy~I tell you what...I saw our amazing God working on 4000 women's hearts this weekend. HE was messin in our business. But oh my goodness was it good. I am still processing it. I tell you Beth Moore sure was a cutie and boy did she make us get our hearts in God's word and let him mess with us. I am doing her Breaking Free study this summer with my girlfriends. Did you notice you didn't have to ring the porch bell today?

angela~you need to slow down girl. Like Miss Peggy says...you gonna have another heart attack if you don't. Praying for all of you.

Em~loved the pictures

Bunny praying you get the library job

Melanie~how are those vows coming

Janet~praying for you too. I know it is hard right now. But God loves you all and He will see you through.

Welcome to all the new sisters. So wonderful to have you with us.

Well I am off to bake some cookies and do some things round the house. Will check in later.
love and hugs to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow, so much going on since I last got to visit. Sorry so many are having issues/problems. Our computer lost everything on the harddrive including Windows so df has spent over a week getting that working again. His Windows disc was corrupted so we had to buy an entire new operating system ($160) and of course couldn't get the older version (XP). He thinks somebody hacked into it and reformatted the hardrive but we'll never know. The important thing is it's back up and running now and we're both trying to get use to the new Windows 7.0.

Still no word on whether my job will last past August. The more we look into moving to North Dakota the more we like what we hear and read. Every time we turn around something pops up about it to keep it in our thoughts - someone might be trying to get our attention lol. We've decided to go out in September and look around. My 19 yo son is planning on going with us to check it out too. We'll probably buy tickets this weekend.

We've been trying to do something fun on the weekends. Two weeks ago we went to Henry Ford Greenfield Village. Henry Ford built some of the building there but he also bought and had some taken down and rebuilt from other locations. He bought one of the buildings that Abraham Lincoln would have practiced law in, had it taken apart and rebuilt it. The first place we stopped at was the working farm (suprising right lol). By the time I got done talking with one of the woman she told me I should be working there :O) I was disappointed they didn't have a better weaving demonstration and they didn't have any spinning. We enjoyed the glassblowing though. We ended up getting a membership because the Village is so big we didn't get to see it all and we haven't gotten to the museum either. Df feels this is a gem in Michigan's backyard that I needed to experience and I have to agree.

Sunday we went to a mini-tractor pull. What fun! I've seen tractor pulls but never a mini-tractor pull. We got there just as the kids were finishing up and it was so cute. There was a little boy probably about 4 who could barely reach the steering wheel or reach the pedals doing it. Df had modified some of the engines for several of the tractors and wanted to see how well the modifications worked. The sun was shining but not to hot with just a little breeze blowing. It was a cheap (free) and enjoyable way to spend the day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  1:34:32 PM  Show Profile
It has been a full weekend for all of us it seems.
Em. Great pix of your kayak in glove, er...car. ;-) That reminded me of what I could and did cram into a VW Rabbit. Amazing what those little guys can take.
Angela, praying for you. Working a marriage out is such a hassle at times. Especially when the stress of life wears away at us. Makes it that much harder to keep from rubbing those we love best raw.
Megan, girl you are an amazing young woman and all you do for your family will only lead to your being richly blessed.
Bunny I am glad to hear that you conquered the computer "how do I???" thing. They are supposed to help us and there are times when it seems I spend more time messing with how to get the computer to do it than anything else. I am praying that you get that library job.
Peg, men can be sooo difficult to deal with when they are not feeling well. They just have to prove that they haven't "lost" it. Whatever that "it" (testosterone I suspect). I loved that DH of mine to pieces but he could be so stubborn about stuff.
The Highland Games this weekend were great even if it was a bit soggy. Made a bit of money. Covered the booth space and a tiny profit. We are waiting for the IRS to either approve our 501(c)(3) or tell us that we must provide something I overlooked. Praying for the first over the latter. My DS needs to get rid of the Ford Escape that he can no longer support. A friend of mine looked at my Kia and the motor is toast. He is looking for an engine on Craig's List. Praying that he finds something so I can pay him to put it in and give it to my DS. Right now rain or shine, he is driving his motorcycle to work and since that is a 12 hour shift, he is really tired when he gets home. He will ride it through the summer but will have to have something to drive in winter.
Blessings ladies, and Tammy I thing I am going to bake something this weekend. You inspired me.
Cherime

CMF
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  6:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies~
I need your prayers right now. Sunday moring early (about 3 am ) I heard my daughetr call me from the bathroom. When I went in to see her she ws passed outon the floor. I trie to lift her up and she had a seizure. It was the scariest thing I have seen in my life! I yelled for my husband to call 911. The next thing I know I have 2 police officers, an ambulance and the paramedics in my house.
I was never so relieved! Off to the hospital- my DD looked so horrible, she was out of it and vomiting. CAT scans and blood work and plent of fluids pupmed into her - we finally left at around 11 in the morning. Now I have to take her to a neurologist for more tests. I'll tell you - even though she is 20 - when our kids are sick they are your babies. I am worried and sheis very anxious. Please pray for her ease of mind and for good news from the drs.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Elaine
Praying for your daughter and all of you. Let us know what you find out.

love and hugs
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  7:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, I'm so sorry for all your stress. BIG (((HUGS))) to you and your daughter! Keep us posted. For sure I'll be praying!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  11:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, saying prayers for your daughter. How scary that must have been for everyone! I know everyone will be thinking and praying for your family.

Cherime, I hope you can help your son out with the car thing. Been there before. 12 hour shifts sound like a hard way to make a living. At least it is summer and not winter he is driving a motorcycle in.

Had a good day teaching the kids to sew. One bailed to go to the ocean. But the other 3 did fine. The best student by far was the 8 year old boy. No whining, sighing or just plain messing up. The 11 year old girl had a bit of an attitude but I took it all in stride and I know they will love their projects when they are done. I went to the doctor to get my blood pressure meds refilled. I went to a wonderful nurse practitioner. She invited me to join a yoga class Tuesday nights. I plan on going tomorrow. I know it will kick my behind.. but I have been wanting to learn yoga for quite a while.

Well, it's late and I need to get my beauty sleep...

later porchies, saying prayers for all you having hard times.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  03:05:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Elaine...how traumatic for not only your DD but you and hubby too. I will keep her in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Bunny...sounds like your kids did great today. That is just awesome! Yoga...sounds like a great way to learn to relax and breathe.
Let us know how you like it.

Teacher Tammy...You are good not making me have to ring that Porch bell again to round you up! lol Seriously you are missed when you are MIA too long. We just love ya...what can I say!

Cherime...what kind of things did you sell at the Highland Games? Just curious what kind of things you like to make.

RSF Tammy...praying about your job for you. If you move to North Dakota would you be transfered from your current job or
would you have to all find new jobs? That is awesome that your son would go with you. A lot of kids would wave so long to
their folks and stay right where they were raised. ~ Sounds like you guys have been having some fun on the weekends...good
for you.

Well My Porchies...I am having a hard time going to sleep tonight. I am tired but my brain won't shut down. Just one of
those irritating things that happens once in awhile. ~ Probably the weather change...rain tomorrow and Wed but then great
weather through out the 4th of July weekend. Which is a real plus for us around here. We get quite a few rainy July 4ths
around here.

Well, I am off to raid the kitchen, read or knit...or maybe all three until I can go to sleep.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  04:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Elaine - how awful for your daughter. Praying she will be fine. Big hugs to all of you! Please keep us posted.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  04:45:32 AM  Show Profile
Elaine I said a prayer also. When my little sister had an emergency appendectomey years ago I remembered daddy telling me in the hospital waiting room "I wish it was me in there in stead of her".I never understood that statement until I became a parent.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  12:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, how very frightening that must have been. Praying that it is easily rectified and gone.

Bunny, my DS has been working at the hospital for 15 years and sill barely makes enough to keep body and soul together. If all the family, with a few exceptions, had not gotten together last year and helped him out he would have lost his house after his wife left before they had been married a year. She was just up here from the mid-west and thought that she would get the house in a divorce and that was the only reason she got married to him. She could not buy a house even though she made good money as a nurse due to having trashed her credit. She told him to just sign over the house and get it over with. Major surprise to her to learn that 1, it was a VA loan and 2 this is not a community property state so no house for her.

Peg, I make pillow slips (fancy ones), baby blankets and jewelry, beaded and such like.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  3:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Say, awhile back, did I hear one of you say something about some free books you could download to your Kindle? Or was that just wishful thinking on my part? *giggle* The site DH uses charges for all of theirs.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Judy...if you go on The Kindle ebook site you will find some free ones, .99 ones and up to like 5.99. They are ususally listed in the
right hand column but if not just do a "free book" search on that site.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  4:29:43 PM  Show Profile
OK...Thanks Peg!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  5:44:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies~

Thank you so much for all the prayers. DD seems to be doing well - we go to the neurologist on the 5th. She can't drive until then so I am back to driving her to class - that's OK by me - I'll just feel better after the 5th!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  07:59:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Yoga kicked my behind yesterday. I plan on doing it again though. I figure if it kicked me that bad, I must need it. Sewing with kids again today. Some are getting the hand of it and I figure will get the next project done today. So I cut up some kits for a grocery bag for them to make if they get done too fast. The 9 year old boy got done first yesterday. I could tell he really loved his project. (a little backpack). Looks like he is going to enter it in the fair. Today is my birthday and mom is taking me out to dinner. Of course I had to give her some money yesterday, so it's kind of me taking myself out to dinner. Oh well. Not looking forward to going into work to see if I get my paycheck all caught up.

Elaine, glad DD is doing better. I hope it goes well at the Dr. Appointment.

Cherime, sounds like DS is having a hard go at it. Women are the devil sometimes. I'm glad he was able to keep the house though. Glad he got out of a bad marriage too.

Well, off to teaching. Hope everyone has a nice healthy day!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  08:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Bunny!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  08:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Bunny - I hope you have a peaceful day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  08:50:21 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday, God Bless You
Happy Birthay to YOU!!!

Could you hear me singing? lol
Love ya Girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  09:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I need your help. Does anyone have the list for the girls who are doing the monthly tea swap? I have torn my house and my secret room to pieces looking for it so I could get your tea out and for hte life of me I can't find it! I lost it. I am pretty sure I am losing my mind too...heheh but if you coluld let me know I would so appreciate it.

Happy birthday Bunny...have a wonderful day.
love and hugs
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I think Judy put this Swap together...so email her, she should
have the complete list and can email it to you.

I have the list but don't want to have to type it all out if Judy already
has it saved. I will if you can't get hold of her.

Bunny...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, I missed both yours and Pams. I had started little gift boxes
for you both but they are still sitting on my Work Shelf. I need Darlene to remind us...but I know
that she is dealing with serious health issues at the moment. So, please forgive and I will get it
out to both of you !

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page