Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Well Porchie Sisters! I'm here after a steamy hot day spent hidin in the livin room with the only a/c in the house. I had a nice dinner and am munchin on some blueberry cake. There's plenty to share! Grab a piece!

I wanted to stop in and post a picture of my pretty pie fillins I got canned. It's my first year for cannin pie fillin. I look at those jars and see snowy winters night curled up on the couch under a blanket with warm blueberry pie and hot coffee. It just looks like magic to me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angela...how beautiful! You will enjoy all your hard work on those cold winter nights!

Melanie...God is Sooooo Good(all the time! Sounds like he is blessing his daughter right and left. I am smilen with everyone else...just love hearing how He is worken in everyone's lives. He is Awesome! But what a blessing that He is touching the hearts of your family too. We all want our Families to be saved! ~ Also, after you talked about that Wedding Bouquet made out of Brooches and vintage lace...I just had to check it out in the Magazine...and mercy me girl, that is the most absolutely Stunning Bouquet I have ever seen. And to think...it will never fade away, like flowers. I would so go for that if I were you. I loved the fact that the Brooches were all brought from her friends at her Bridal Shower. What a Keepsake that would be. Wow!

Julie...I thought maybe that was the same kitten, but her markings looked a little bit different in each picture. ~ I hear pallets are great for making composting bins...so they ought to be good for shoring one up too. Good luck with that! Smart girl trying to beat the heat.

Patsy
...glad you popped on to the Porch tonight. I am still grinning with you over Melanie...listening to God and Him blessen her socks off for it. Oh, Yeah!

Well, My Porchies...I am working on some Heart YoYo's and in the middle of a great Courtroom Drama Book on my Kindle. So, I am off for some nice Cherry Cosmos Iced Tea and a little craften and readen. Love ya all! Porchies are The Best!!!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 17 2011 7:44:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  8:33:41 PM  Show Profile

I have sufficiently recovered from the Paul McCartney concert at Yankee Stadium. It was a beautiful night - no rain - we had great seats and Sir Paul was fantastic! he played for close to 3 hours - no break. And of course, I sang every blessed song right along with him. What a truly gifted man! DD and I were dancing in our seats. DH had a great time too plus he was our driver )lol)
Well girls I had enough fun for all of us here on the porch - then the next morning I had to get up early because I promised my friend I would help with a street fair booth. It was fun but oh so hot! Tuesday is DD neurologist appt. - I am confident that everything is going to be OK. Time to head off to bed - talk to you ladies later!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  10:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I finally have your pincushion done. I actually have had it done for a while.. just didn't have what I needed to ship it. Hope you like it. If you would rather have a red and purple one.. I will be happy to make one. I guess I'm just partial to purple and pink myself.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  10:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
another hot day here in my neck of the woods. Oh I do pray the Lord will bless us with some cooler weather soon.

Bunn~love your pin cushio. Just beautiful

Melanie~I too am just smiling at your story. Isn't God just amazing at how He works!

angela~lovely pie filling

Em~loved your pictures especially the last one

Have a blessed day today my dear porchies
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  12:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Hope everybody had a great weekend. Ours was a combination of work and fun. Saturday after df got home from work he went and cut down all the weed trees that keep popping up all around the fenceline. The hedge trimmer wouldn't work so he had to cut them all by hand. Of course this activity didn't help the inflamed disc in his back at all and I heard about how bad his back hurt the rest of Saturday and lets just say I'm still getting text today regarding it (sigh). TG he has a chiropractic appt tonight. Saturday and Sunday I was scrubbing kitchen walls. Oh the fun! LOL I could only do about 15 minutes and I'd have to take a break in the air conditioned living room it was so hot. Df's sister, who is teaching in Dubay, is coming for a visit this week so df decided he wanted to have a bbq this coming Sunday and have his family (well part of them) over. Now we're scrambing to get the house and yard ready since we've been on the go so much that things have gotten way behind. Of course this is a week that there's no chance I could get time off either. Oh well, our house is what it is.

Sunday evening we were able to attend a friend's bbq and watch fireworks from her front yard. I think it was probably the best display of fireworks I've ever seen. They were absolutely beautiful and they were shot off right in front of us. We were all leaning back as they went off over our heads and commenting we'd have to set up consequtive appointments with the chiropractor for today - we all have the same chiropractor so it would have been pretty funny. We're thinking hammocks next year so we can just lay back nice and relaxed and watch them overhead. I love fireworks :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  1:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...the pincushion is Perfect! Thank You So Much. I will wait until I get the pkg...then will send the $ for it including the shipping.

Elaine...love the pictures, especially the one of you and your daughter. You two look so much alike! Looks like a Great Concert with
Sir Paul. I liked him better when I was 16. It just wouldn't be the same without Ringo, George and John for me anyway.

Teacher Tammy...what cha up to farmgirl? Besides trying to stay cool. It is actually very muggy and humid here today...and it's making me rather cranky.

RSFM Tammy...sorry DF hurt his back and sorry you keep having to hear about it. Pain is not a fun thing to deal with though.

Well, I am off for a little afternoon Seista...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  3:40:55 PM  Show Profile
RSFM Tammy... You could try goin to a health food store and buyin some White Willow Bark pills. They are amazing for nerve and chronic pain. They don't work at all on acute pain, such as headaches, unless they are migrain or injury related.

I've used them for a pinched nerve in my neck for years now. My Hubby has been usin them for the last few months for his bulgin discs in his neck and hasn't had so much as a tylenol in over a month.

We take them pretty heavy at first, 2 at each meal, then cut back as they take effect to 1 in the am or pm which ever time works out more convenient.

My mom started usin them for her nueropathy in her feet this week. She loves them. She said she can sleep through the night now without needin to take extra pills. I'm hopin they will cut her dependancy on the pain pills to a managable level. She's on 3 different kinds multiple times a day right now.

I've been hidin from the heat and tryin to get the laundry done today. I've only managed to get 2 loads done with the heat, but it's better than nothin I guess.

I'm makin spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. There will be a huge pot so we can have fried spaghetti and baked cheesey spaghetti with meatballs later. I just love spaghetti when it's hot outside. I know it's wierd, but cold foods don't appeal to me much when it's hot.

There will be tons of leftovers on the porch for everyone! Enjoy!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  3:45:27 PM  Show Profile
Angela~ The spaghetti sounds delicious!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  4:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Angela...I may try some of that willow bark for my neuropathy too. I can't take pain medication for my fibro & neuropathy anymore because it now gives me migraines. I am willing to try the willow bark...though I must say I haven't had much luck using Naturopathic Remedies thus far.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  4:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Julie that is one vicious farm cat! I haven't seen okra since I left Oklahoma. We started the ball rolling on getting financing for the land and building a house. Love that it has a barn *sigh*. I have never had a sittin' porch so that is not even up for debate on the house. There WILL be a porch.

Hope everyone had a great day!

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  8:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Angela - I'm not sure he'd try them although I might buy them just to see if I can get him to try. It's taken me nearly two years to get him into the chiropractor. I don't know how you eat hot food in this heat. My son and I neither one could stomach eating tonight because of the heat. Df ate leftovers. I had a scoop of chocolate chip mint ice cream. Part of the problem is we don't have central air so walking in the kitchen is stifling to begin with and it becomes an oven if you try and cook in there. I have to figure out some meals that don't require cooking.

Sorry, but I need to vent. For those of you that care for partners or relatives that live in pain, how do you do it? There are points that I wonder if this isn't some type of attention getting behavior as horrible as that sounds. I know he can't be acting like this at work. While we were at the bbq yesterday he moved a little stiffly but nothing like the hobbling around groaning he does here at the house. It's just getting on my last nerve and it's not being helped by the fact that I'm not feeling well and this heat is wiping me out. I have fibroids and to say my cycles can be painful and rough is putting it mildly. I came home and laid down due to the fatigue and cramping and finally slept. Between his constantly waking me up at night and my hormones my sleep has been extremely broken for nearly three weeks. He came in and woke me up at 7:30 claiming I'd slept enough. The real issue was he was bored and lonely and wanted me to keep him company. Apparently I wasn't attentive enough so he ignored me by using the computer and then went to bed without saying goodnight. I'm ready to take a skillet to his head to knock some sense into him. Men are such babies! Thanks for letting me vent.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Howdyhowdyhowdy....Man what a hot/muggy day we had too. DH and I went to a movie(zookeeper)and did some shopping and went to eat just to stay cool. The movie was fun and funny, the shopping was great and the meal(cracker-barrel) was yummy, as usual. Our ride home was stormy....neat lightening...and the temp went from 94 to 72. Gonna sleep well tonight, I hope.
Sure am enjoying the people pics, canned goods and crafts you gals are displaying on here. Thanks for sharing.(I'm thinking blueberries over ice cream.....mmmmmm.....after the spaghetti LOL)
Angela, I use to use white willow bark all the time. That's what aspirin use to be made of in the old days. I think it's synthetic now, not sure. And I used feverdew for migraines when I use to get those years ago when I was married before. Haven't needed those since I divorced that"Headache" and moved on with my life! LOLOL Well, it's true!
I was always a Ringo fan myself. I must be a nose person, hahaha I like B. Streisands face too!
Well, nite Porch-Buds!
Sleep Well!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  12:07:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I am laughen my fool head off over you divorcing the "Headache". I think RFM Tammy can relate to that tonight! Gosh girl you are such a hoot.

Kathryn...I once lived in a house with a three-sided sitten Porch and it was heaven. I am so glad that I found a group of women besides
myself...that love Porches. The one I have now is postage stamp size but I still love it non the less.

RSFM Tammy...you would have to ask my husband how liven with some one who has Chronic Pain is...but I know that bless his heart he is a Saint most of the time. And we he isn't...we have some friction that is for sure. ~ Today, we had Fire Safety Inspections here at the Sr. Estates where I live (I jokingly call it the Old Folks Home) but anyway...they turned on the Fire Alarms in each Apt and left them on for 20 minutes while they checked the sprinkler heads and smoke alarms in every apartment...well the head guy learned today that it is best "Not to P--- Off a bunch of Old People!" He had so many of the Residence given him the what for...that I think he left ready to quit his job. It was both maddening and funny at the same time.

I read a quote that I will leave you all with tonight that I just loved: "The best kind of a Friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've ever had."
That is each one of YOU!

Night My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2011 12:14:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  06:16:10 AM  Show Profile
I can so identify with you Judy regarding getting rid of the "migraine headache". I was seeing a neurologist prior to my divorce after having 6 straight weeks of daily migraines. Once I split with my ex the migraines stopped. I might get 1 or 2 a year now but nowhere near as bad as they use to be.

Df is continuing his behavior this morning and yes being a "migraine". I was awakened being kicked in the leg repeatedly because apparently his sprawling across 3/4 of the bed wasn't enough space and I needed to move so he could sprawl more. Not a good start to the day. He snapped at me about whether or not I was done in the bathroom yet or not because he got up early and apparently I was supposed to move faster because of it. Sunday when I was finishing washing down the walls he told me to leave the mop bucket and he'd empty it when he got the sink cleared out. Today I got sniped at because "I" hadn't emptied the bucket and if I could stay up until midnight last night I could do something myself today and empty it. Yet, I'm supposed to overlook the dozen or more wine bottles on the table that he was supposed to deal with the past six weeks and hasn't and the cans he was supposed to take back on one of his many beer runs. Yah... I'm forseeing one heck of a fight brewing if he doesn't get off this black mood.

The temps aren't going to help this week either. His shop isn't air conditioned so he'll be working in 100'+ conditions all day which is going to make him crankier. He told me he would take me to see the new Harry Potter movie either yesterday or today then informed me last night that we wouldn't be going until "he" felt that he could sit comfortably to watch it. Not quite sure what the difference is between sitting in the living room and sitting in a theater is - but it's not allowing me to see a movie he knows I really want to see, which is probably the point. His SIL hasn't RSVP'ed for the bbq this weekend and that's pricking him too. As much as I can make excuses for his behavior, he needs to get over it and stop acting like a two year old. Well need to get to work. Hopefully my day will go better then my morning has.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:24:19 AM  Show Profile
Wow Tammy. Sorry your husband is being a brat right now. I can only tell you how I handle things here and not what is best for you. DH has chronic pain issues from repeatedly jumping out of airplanes and making that hard landing, back in his younger days. We've had issues where've I've told him point blank that I'm neither his nurse, doctor, or mother, and he is a grown man and should go take care of it instead of whining. And if he doesn't then it's his own darn fault and he can keep it to himself. When he gets a little lippy and on his high horse I give him a few days to see if he will sort himself out. If not then I have no problem standing up for myself and letting him know I am not to be treated badly and he can talk to me when he's feeling more polite, otherwise back off buddy. As for the mop water, I probably would have poured it on him and told him to cool off. All that to say sometimes men don't realize their behaviour is getting out of control and you have to remind them of the boundaries and how you are not to be treated badly. It also sounds like he's projecting his unhappiness with his pain situation and lashing out.

Yesterday I got my compost pile all cleaned up and looking nice. I'm hoping to get the garden squared away this week. Can't work on it today since it's farmer's market day and I have to get ready for that. I'll be glad when school starts so I can put more effort into that business. Doesn't look to be too interesting of a day..same old same old.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:40:50 AM  Show Profile
RSFM Tammy... I completely understand about your Hubby. Mine was that way for 2 years. Our baby girl was born with major health problems and was in the local childrens hospital, 2 weeks later his dad died, then he got hurt at work 2 weeks after that, and it was another 4 weeks before our baby came home on all kinds of medical equipment. He hated life and was in a lot of pain and took it all out on me.

I had to deal with that, not havin my baby with me, all the funeral and family situation, movin into his moms house, givin up my house, and him treatin his mom as if she were a god and a queen all in one. I was out of my mind with the whole thing. It took a long time and a lot of slow hard work to bring things around. Once we seperated all the problems into their own space I found out that the pain was only aggravatin the other problems.

His pain is under control with excersizes and natural meds, but alot of the other problems still raise their ugly heads sometimes. We have learned to deal with the reasons for his temper or snipin first, then check to see if his pain, or what have you, is in need of adjustment. If he's sick he can't take his pain meds, so I have to take a lot more, but he will make the effort to get back on them as soon as he can keep them down.

You might need to do a little diggin and see if there is somethin under the grumpy and the pain causin it to burn hotter than it should. I know some people just tend to lash out when they are in pain and there's nothin to be done about it. I hope your Hubby isn't one of those. My mom is and it makes it so hard to be around her sometimes. I'm workin on that though.

Good luck to you with it all.

Kathryn... If your buildin your porch, build it wide and long! I would give anything to have my porch big enough for a little table and chairs. I can't even have a rocker on mine because you can't walk past it. The darn porch is so thin and short! Build your's wide and long, you'll never regret it!

I'm off to finish my laundry. I have a lot of waterin to do tonight if we don't get the rain they keep promisin. It's been more than a week since we've seen any. My beans are lookin droopy and my strawberries are layin on the ground.

I'll check back in later! Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:45:59 AM  Show Profile
Tammy so sorry about DH behaving badly. Other than the fact I'm broke, I'm not missing a man in my lift at all! It sounds like a good old fashioned sit down we need to talk is in order. Rather then sniping at each other, let him know how you feel. Using words like, I feel instead of you are being a butt... will help. "I feel like your pain is my responsibility and it makes me not want to be here with you." kind of stuff. He probably doesn't know or care how this is effecting you and he needs a constructive heads up. When my older son and I were having issues, we would site down with a timer. One person got to talk for say 1/2 an hour with no interruptions, then the other person had their turn. You could make it shorter. No yelling , no "you" sentences.. But I'm sure he just isn't thinking and needs a bit of a reality check.
If it gets really bad, just pack a bag and put it by the front door. You don't have to really mean it.. just a reminder that you can.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:46:55 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's a hot one here today - very high humidity (94%!), and temps to reach 37C/100F, so that equals to a "real feel" of 47C/117. In other words, way too freaking hot & nasty out! I came home from work early today b/c I wasn't feeling well. Haven't decided if I'm going out to my aunt's after lunch or not....we'll see how I feel later on. Thank goodness for air conditioning & fans. I think I'm going to find a little something to eat & see how that sits, and watch some Dr Quinn.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:50:30 AM  Show Profile
Pam, I can't imagine the heat you are dealing with. Is it normal for this time of year. We are having the opposite here in Oregon. It rained last night and is in the 70s. It is usually heading up to 100's this time of year. I'm loving it but feeling bad for all you ladies in this horrible heat. I would be sick all day. Hang in there!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  09:28:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Hope your week has been great so far.

Angela - prayers to you and hope you DH keeps up the good work.

Kay - Welcome. I know you will love it here! The ladies are great. I don't post as often as I would like to, but life seems to always get in the way of being on the computer ;-) Things have been crazy busy here.

Pam - Grumpy and negative are the two things I really DO NOT MISS about working. Actually, I've really begun to love retirement. I just don't know how I ever had time to work hahahahaha. Keep smiling to all those grumpy and negative peeps at work, it makes them wonder why your life is so good. Sometimes it even rubs off on them.

Bunny, continued prayers coming your way.

Tammy - Congrats on your successful "relay for life". I am sure it will benefit alot of people.

Peggy Ann and Megan. Mom and I have a pretty good relationship. Of course, she does drive me crazy sometimes but she is 84 years young so I guess she has a right to do so. Not to mention that most of the grey hair on her head is from me!!!!

When I was still working I tried to take her on vacations or if I had to go out of town to somewhere she liked (say Las Vegas) I would try to take her with me. She could play the slots while I was working. And oh my, she likes to play the slots. hahaha. Last year my sister and I were able to take her on a cruise to Alaska. That was a blast. We three had a great time and what beautiful scenery. We saw whales and eagles and mountains. Breathtaking. As it turned out we both spent our birthdays on the ship. Hers is the day before mine. worked out really well.

Then later that year I was able to take her with me to Las Vegas then Arizona to visit my brother. That was great. At her age, don't know how many more times we will be able to do that.

This was just a short trip to the gambling boat. Did I mention she likes the slots? hahahaha. My sister went with us so it was a girls trip. We had a really good time even though my sister and I don't gamble. Lots and lots of laughing was going on. It was really nice just to visit and relax.

Well ladies. I am replacing window treatments today so I best get at it.

Hugs to all.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh I almost forgot. I really enjoyed the tea this morning and the way you sent it was awesome. Such a cute card. Ok, off to do the windows.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  11:55:24 AM  Show Profile
Well I finally did it. I pitched myself doing a quilt show to a local TV station. It's a Christian TV station that broadcasts all along the Columbia River area here. Channel 14 for you locals. Funny thing is the owner said I would have to be able to work scripture and Christian values into the show. Quilters are very giving and I don't know too many that don't show a Christian spirit on a usual basis. That would be the easiest part of the show. I'm saying big prayers hoping this is an opportunity God has put in my way. I'm scared half to death. I have no idea how to pull this off. But if he is in charge.. it will all come together. Right?
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  3:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Bunny~ That is so great that you pitched yourself for the quilt show at the local tv station! I am saying big prayers right along with you for this to work out for you!

Nothing much going on here. It is just so incredibly HOT! And it is not even the heat it is the humidity. Believe it or not it was to hot these last two days to even go to the beach!

Today we went to DD's neurologist appt. Thank you for all your prayers! Her EEG and MRI came back normal. Now she has to go see a cardiologist to make sure that it isn't her heart making her pass out. She is not happy about it - but that's the way it goes. I am feeling very peaceful through this process. I know deep inside that everything is going to be OK.

I was able to do some weeding this morning before the day got too hot. Later I went down to my craft room and made some more yo-yos. They are sooo addictive! Tomorrow I am going to start to cut the material for my quilt. utting the material always makes me nervous (lol).

I hope all of you ladies are well and are keeping cool and safe with this weather. Have a wonderful evening!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  9:52:58 PM  Show Profile
Elaine...I think the news said tonight that all but 4 states are having record heat waves. I think I would rather have our 60's & 70's
with light sprinkles. So, I guess I will quit complaining. I went out last night and trimmed back some huge leaves on my veggies, and also some had mildew from so much rain...so I trimmed those all off. I have huge plants but very little veggies to speak of...so, I am hoping this will put the growth into the veggies and not the follage.

Bunny...way to go pitching yourself tothe Local Media. That was a gutsy thing to. Whenever I do something out of my normal comfort zone...then I know it was really God and not me. But He always impowers those He gives the job to. You and God will do it together and it will be a good thing.

Theresa...I am glad that you liked the tea. I hope everyone did. That is so nice that you and your mom and sister can do things together
and enjoy yourselves. I love to see that.

Well...all I did today was rest and then cut out a bunch more heart shapes for yo-yo's. I have a huge pile and wont need to cut any more out for this Yo-Yo round I am doing...and I will have more left for the future. I have a very good supplier of Material Scraps...so, some neat material to work with this time. Which makes it fun. I also did a bit of knitting and now, need to do dishes and read for awhile. I am in a page turner of a story.

Good Night and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2011 9:55:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page