Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  07:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. Spending the morning in bed drinking coffee. Parts of the garden are still looking good since I worked on them. Trying to figure out what I'll do today. DD says that I can do whatever I want..."cook, clean, eat crackers"...lol. Thanks kid.

Elaine- I'm not sure if this was a quote I read once, but it said that our life is like a story and the people are characters in the story that come and go. Some would also say that reconnecting with someone from the past can make you wish you hadn't. In this situation maybe you should remember the good times and appreciate the good things even though she was a toxic person.

Bunny- you might have an angle their with your "evangelist with a sewing machine." Hahahaha

Peggy- your inspection sounds funny.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  08:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ugh! This week has been horrible so far. I had someone steal packages off my porch yesterday. They also stole my neighbor's books off her porch. What is this world coming to? Between this and dealing with criminals all day, I've lost my faith in humanity.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Well Porchies, not much to mention today. I do have a date this afternoon though. I met him through eharmony. I'm proceeding with caution of course. He has lived here for a long time and has lots of contacts. He is a boyscout leader and is going to school at the local community college. This summer he is a teacher's aid in the ceramics lab. Not much of a looker, but then I've looked in the mirror myself.. so can't complain. He sounds like a nice guy and emphasisies friendship over romantic relationship. Hopefully I won't have to hear about how big his bed is like the last guy. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

Luanne, is there a senior services organization in your county? Try social services and see if there is help for seniors. There is bound to be advocates that could help in some way. Saying prayers for your boyfriends mother. There has to be something, she is not the first to be in this position.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  08:20:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny -

I'll see if I can find anything on local advocates. Good luck on your date - keep us posted!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  08:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Druggies steal packages off porches to see is there is anything in them to sell for drugs. My ex's girl who is an addict does that.
Luanne, what a horrible thing to have to deal with. I won't get started on how much I detest the state of health care in this country as you all know how disgruntled about it I get. But will be praying that something will open up for you and yours.
Peg, weather is lovely high 60s low 70s days and a bit cooler at night. Everything is blooming and the fireweed getting tall. When the blossoms reach the end of the stalk, its time to get the winter wood ready. Back to work and glad to be here.
Bunny, waiting to hear and good luck.
Big hugs all and take care.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  10:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...my little sister who is 56...is on Hospice right now. In our State of Washington there are two kinds of Hospice. Long-term
(which is what Debby is on) and short term (where they just keep you comfortable for the 3-6 months you have left on this Earth)
Long-term is one year plus. I have high respect for Hospice...if you are indeed on the short term with only months to live; they are
great at keeping you comfortable and out of pain (mostly through sedation). But long term...they seem eager to help you get to the short term. My sister has not resolved herself to dying...so, she continually fights not to take their high dosages of pain medication which overly sedate you. I told her to keep fighting for life as long as she has the fight in her for the will to live. So, that is how we are handeling it. ~ On the other hand my Mother In Love is in a short stay nursing home...and they are doing the same thing...heavily sedating her so she can't wake up to eat the meals they bring her...so they take them away untouched...and basicly they are starving her to death. My oldest son is with his grandmother now and
I told him to insist they put her on a feeding tube and cut the morphene way back. I am beginning to think that in this Country you reach a certain age and have medical problems...that no one wants to deal with addressing those problems because, hey you've lived a grood long life. So very sad!!! ~ I will also mention Luanne that my sister is on Medicare and they are covering her Long-term Hospice.
So, you need to find out if your State has Long-term or not.

Stacie...glad to see you on here girl. How is your summer going? Doing anything fun???

Bunny...hey, I would be more concerned about the looks of the guys heart. I married two very attractive men...who turned out to be losers. And then my current marriage of 26 yrs now...my husband is not as good looking but his heart is BEAUTIFUL! And he treats me like a Queen... most of the time. I say most of the time because hey we know there is no 'perfect' man...but this one comes pretty darn close. All that to say...I learned the hard way not to just go on good looks. And in truthfulness as we all age...we start losing it ourselves. The mirror tells no lies.

Pam...I am sorry that your week has gone so badly. You do live on
the tainted side of life with your job and then when crime hits you personally at home (with people stealing from you) it is hard NOT to get a rather jaded perspective. You my darling need to find some large doses of JOY and Encouragment. Have you ever made a JOY Box?
I have one...it is a Big Red Leather Heart Shaped Box that I got at Rosses of all places. And I keep all kinds of "Happy" and "Joyful" things in there: Jokes that made me laugh, cartoons that made me chuckle that I clipped out of newspapers and magazines, cards and letters from friends and relatives that touched or warmed my heart in some way. Little token gifts that some one has given me or things I have found (example my grand-daughter Madeline gave me a seashell one day. Also, I collect heart shapped rocks from out in nature. i always say that they remind me that God loves me so much he is always throwing Love at my feet. Anyway...you get the picture. Then when you have really sad days or bad weeks...you just pull out that Joy Box and rummage through all those little things that make you happy and you will discover that they have the power to continue to do it all over again. It is quite special!

Well, the dogs got me up early this morning so I think I will go take a quick morning nap and chat with you all later.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy
Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2011 11:00:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  12:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Luanne- how terrible! Bunny has a great idea though to contact senior services. Peggy, I agree with you in many ways. I believe there is an increasing lack of value of life, both unborn and aged that is so sad to see.

Bunny- good luck on the date! Please let us know how it goes.

Pam- Don't lose hope in people, everytime I start feeling that way, someone surprises me. Look at the wonderful women on this board. Such kind, supportive people to have met that I feel really blessed. Then, just yesterday, a nice older woman at our gum gave my two little girls these feather boas that she was wearing and left the cutest pink tutu dresses with butterflies on them today at the gym desk. Last month, an older gentlemen walked up to me (again at the gym) and gave me an angel pin. On our trip to Idaho, my husband and I couldn't get over how kind people were up there. So nice that we had to get over the feeling that everyone was wanting something from us. Don't let the crappy people take over your thoughts.

Angela- I just LOVE the angel pin and I'm so excited to try the violet jelly! Thank you so much (but I agree you shouldn't have spent so much on postage)

Peggy- I know what you mean about physical appearances. Everyone I know thinks I'm so strange to not have attractions to all the great looking hollywood men. I always say "yeah they may look good, but what happens when they speak and how to they behave?" Now that said, of course I think my hubby is the most handsome on Earth, but it's his brain and heart that made me fall in love with him.

Megan- as usual, I think you are amazing! Wish you lived by me, you would be such a good influence on my two little girls!!!

So still recovering from vacation, but we have decided to cancel our TV, home phone, and internet service (I'll still be able to get on the internet via my cell phone and can hot spot the home computer to it so I'll have internet in those ways). It's going to be so strange not to have tv anymore but we were amazed at how productive we were when not having cable to be glued to. Up in Idaho, we didn't have any power, the toilet is an outhouse, and we (meaning I) had to haul water up to our cabin from a hand pump well for cooking and cleaning. It was very "little house on the prairie". I did learn how much I need, not want, showers though. By day 3 of just wiping down with washcloths and no hair washing, I was about to have a meltdown. We put up a camp shower, heated water on the camp stove for the bag, and started showering that way. Mama was a happy camper after that. I was so miserable though I was even whining to the walmart greeter about it. The conversation started because I put on my shirt that said "Put on your big girl boots and deal with it" which made him start laughing. I then explained it was my motivational shirt because I was feeling sorry for myself over no shower, which made him laugh even harder. Anyways, it was a great learning experience and the kids had such a blast, even with no tv. They actually played together without too much fighting! When they hit their limits, we'd fire up the little generator and put a movie on the portable tv for the car, and that gave them their technology fix. My four year old calls the place our "castle in the trees". Mind you it's a 400-600 square foot cabin with no, bathroom, kitchen, power, nothin', so I wouldn't exactly call it a castle. But she obviously loves it there!

Well, almost nap-time for the little one so have a good day everyone!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jul 27 2011 12:58:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  2:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Luanne~ What a horrible situation! I agree with Bunny - there has to be a senior advocacy goup that could help you or point you in the right direction. How about her doctor. He must have recommended Hospice - can he help in any way? I wil be praing for your peace of mind through all of this.

Bunny~ I wish you much happiness on your date. I agree with you personality and a good moral code are so much more important than looks. In most cases beauty is only skin deep. Most of the time I meet a person and they become more beautiful when I see their actions, their helpfulness and consideration.

Dana~ I think I can handle just about anything if I can just have my shower! LOL.

Pam~ I am so sorry that you have to deal with the theft of your packages. It is a violation. I agree with Peggy , you do need a dose of joy!

FarmDream~ Your words are true. Remember the good. i will choose to do that.

Peggy~ Good to see you working on your napping also! LOL!

I accomplished a lot today. DH has this week off and we cleaned out the garage. Man o man it was a dusty mess. I also was able to get into my backyard and work on the garden. I won't be having any pumpkins this year. Monseuir Groundhog has eaten all the vines and blossoms. Instead of looking at what could have been I cleared it away and will be planting beets and turnips there. My raspberry bush has gotten out of control and it has NEVER produce any fruit. So I whacked it downand tomorrow I will be taking it out. I figure it is just another place for beautiful sunflowers next year! It was really nice to tidy things up. On the good side my tomato plants are sprouting their little green tomatoes like crazy - in a week or two there will be tons of ripe juicy sweet Jersey tomatoes. Then let the canning commence! My potatoes are looking great as are my carrots. And the herbs are doing beautifully too!

It is going to be a quiet night here - DH is going out with some friends and DD is at class and then she works in a Literacy camp for needy highschoolers. I think I can feel an Alfred Hitchcock movie coming on. Rear Window anyone?

Have a great evening. I made some oatmeal raisinet cookies today - please help yourself to some (before I eat them all!)

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, I'll have Scotty beam me over for moving night. the cookies sound great and I have rose jam! I'll bring some croissants and we can have tea.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  3:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I wrote this a long time ago and thought I'd post it here.

The Front Porch
It’s where the breezes blew on those hot days.
It’s where leaves drifted gently down.
It’s where the tin roof sang with spring rains.
It’s where the icicles hung like jewels all around.

It’s where my children have all grown.
It’s where the wreath has hung.
It’s where our dreams were sewn.
It’s where our day was done.

It’s where we learned and taught to love.
It’s where we fought and then forgave.
It’s where we thanked the Lord above.
It’s where we went to misbehave.

It’s where the world just seemed better.
It’s where we went to hide.
It’s where our lives came together.
It’s where we said goodbye.

It’s where each day would start.
It’s where each day would end.
It Held tight to our heart.
It is our unwavering friend.

Just a silly little thing I thought I'd share.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - it's not a home-based daycare. I used to want to do that, but now I don't think I do...it may change when I get my own home, but at the same time, I want my home to be my sanctuary, where I come to get away from it all!

The kids were so loud & rambunctious today, you could have sworn it was a Friday and a full moon! It's only a new moon on Saturday...I wonder if that has anything to do with it??

Pam - sorry to hear about your packages being stolen. It's terrible what some people do.

Bunny - I've been a member of eHarmony since January, I think, and I'm almost ready to call it quits or at least take a break from it. I hope your date goes well :).

Dana - I haven't had tv in over 2 years and can't say I really miss it. I do have a tv, movies (DVD & VHS) & a DsI (apparently that makes a difference ). I would like to listen to the news once in a while, but on the whole, I don't really miss it. I do have a cell phone & home phone (that I'm planning on cancelling, I think. I never use it, honestly) & the internet....My cell phone is a bit more convenient for me since I have to travel to see anyone & my car isn't the most reliable. But I don't go online with it at all.

Ok, I'm off to think of something good for supper - haha. I wish I had a garden....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  5:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, my date never showed. I'm feeling a bit humiliated. I know I'm not that scary looking. My picture is on my profile... I feel terrible right now and wish I had something to through across the room. Men are jerks! He could of at least sent an email saying he couldn't make it. I'm wondering what the excuse will be. Why do I even try. Is it too much to ask to have someone to share the rest of my life with. Really!

Anyway, I'm just going to turn on netflix and veg to a movie.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  6:30:12 PM  Show Profile
I hope he has a good reason Bunny! That's just rude :(. {{{Hugs to you}}}

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  7:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
I need a place to just sit. My day began at 6 as I went to bible study with the girls. then my dear hubby brought some muscle well along with some other help...hehehe to help me move things in my classroom to get ready for the next set of little butterflies. That was a job. My desk is huge and weighs a ton. But when it was all in place, I was a happy madame butterfly. Took hubby and his help for a treat afterwards.

Bunny sorry about your date. I do hope he had a good reason.

Angela~enjoyed the writing...it seems to fit us well.

Elaine~glad you got some things cleaned out.

Pam~ so sorry about your packages.

Peggy~always enjoy reading what you are up to. What you reading these days? I am reading Something borrowed and the air I breathe which is about worshiping God. Very good so far.

Well ladies I am just plum worn out so going to shower, curl up with my tea, and read for bit and then closing my eyes.

Love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  9:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Peggy, it definitely is a blessing, and I hope that it's not too humid tomorrow! I hope your fibro isn't bothering you too bad these days! And your poem is great!
Staci, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fabulous day, and that your new age brings many blessings! What did you do for your special day?
Julie, your daughter sounds like a hoot!
Pam, that is a terrible thing to happen to you! I think Peggy's idea of the joy box is a great idea. I hope things get better in your neighborhood:)
Dana, you are too sweet! Maybe I'll go to college at University of Nevada Reno! And I don't think I could've handled no showers! When I had my knee surgery, I wasn't able to shower for a week, and I felt so gross! I will never do that again:)
Elaine, have a good night to yourself!
Bunny, I'm sorry your date never showed. I'm sure that things will look up. I'll be praying for ya sister! Hugs!
Tammy, when does your school start? I start in less than a month! What grade do you teach again? I'm sure you'll get great butterflies this year:)
Luanne, my Mom is a hospice nurse and is pretty familiar with these types of things, so here's what she said. If Sam's Mom is on inpatient hospice care, then that's for patients who are literally days away from death. She said you should look into other hospice companies, and even though we live in different states, Medicare rules should be the same across the board. She also told me to tell don't be afraid to get other opinions. You guys have the lawful right to be fully informed, and that sometimes doctors/facilities may say things for the wrong reasons. I'll email you with her email address if you have any other questions. In the meantime, I hope this helped!
Well, today was pretty mundane for me! I babysat, but we weren't really able to do anything because it was raining all day off and on. I was able to take my cousins outside for a bit in between the showers, so it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow I'm going to be running my 5K, and I'm pretty excited! Also, if I could get some prayers for my cousin Anna. There's a girl in her class, and she's very bad troublemaker. Anna's going into 4th grade, so she was in third grade. Well, this girl watched the movie The Ring, which I guess is a scary movie. This girl watched it, and took a line from the movie telling my cousin that she had 7 days to live. She took it as far to cut open a red marker and splatter it on Anna's desk, then put a pair of open scissors on the desk. She then said to my cousin, "See, I told you you have seven days to live." Then, this girl was talking to the girls in my cousin's class about how she wants to be a stripper when she grows up. Now, when I was in third grade, I was mature enough to know what strippers are, but I was also mature enough to understand that not all other children are privy to such information, and my parents made sure to tell me that certain things I discuss with them are things that I only discuss with them. Obviously this girl does not have parents who believe what my parents believed when I was that age. My aunt has talked multiple times to the principal, and things didn't really change. In fact, the troublemaking girl was not even blamed; instead the excuse of "She's from a divorced family," was played. I come from a divorced family, but I don't go around telling other kids they have 7 days to live! My cousins attend a Catholic school no less! I just feel terrible that this girl is making such fabulous years hard for my cousin, so if you could just send some happy thoughts/prayers for my cousin. Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent a little. It frustrates me to know that excuses like are made for behavior that should not be excused. Off the soapbox now! I hope everyone has great Thursdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  03:08:42 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, Thank you for the adorable Christmas angel ornament (how clever!) and the violet jelly. Can't wait to try it. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  03:14:35 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, ANGELA! I meant to thank YOU for the ornament and jelly. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, so I guess it hasn't kicked in yet! Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  04:45:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice about the hospice situation. Today we will try to get "Mom C." moved to a local skilled nursing facility. We are still also looking into other hospice centers, etc., but need to do something quickly in the interim because right now we are having to pay out of pocket for her to stay at hospice since Medicare denied coverage - and it is horribly expensive.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  05:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Angela~ What a lovely poem. I can see that porch nmy mind's eye!

Bunny~ That guy is not worth a second thought if that is what his behavior is like. Short of a family member passing away or his admission into a hospital he shpuld have given you the courtesy of an email.

Megan~ Sending positive thoughts to your cousin. Poor thing. I have been a principal in a catholic school and that tpe of behavior was not accepted. You are right - coming from a divorced family is not an excuse for bad behavior. Lots of kids have lots of things going on in their lives (parents are alcoholics, parents are seriously ill, etc.) and they manage to behave well. I just hope that eithe the young girl gets help or that she leaves your cousin alone. Keep me posted.

Luanne~ This is such a hard time for you. You are in my prayers. I hope that Mom C. gets the care that she deserves!

Tammy~ I know setting up the classroom is such a fun time. (It is a lot of work though). I always thought September was the beginning of a new year, not January (lol) Too many years in the classroom I guess!

I think I am going to try to get into the garden again today. DH is still on vacation and wants to do a few more things around the house and *sigh* that usually involves me following around and cleaning up his "helping" lol. I think DD and I will hit the boards this afternoon and take a nice bike ride down the coast. We will see if the weather cooperates. I am still working on my quilt (Bunny I wish you lived around here!) Hopefully it will be done this weekend. I am having fun ! Have a lovely day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  06:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Angela~ What a lovely poem. I can see that porch nmy mind's eye!

Bunny~ That guy is not worth a second thought if that is what his behavior is like. Short of a family member passing away or his admission into a hospital he shpuld have given you the courtesy of an email.

Megan~ Sending positive thoughts to your cousin. Poor thing. I have been a principal in a catholic school and that tpe of behavior was not accepted. You are right - coming from a divorced family is not an excuse for bad behavior. Lots of kids have lots of things going on in their lives (parents are alcoholics, parents are seriously ill, etc.) and they manage to behave well. I just hope that eithe the young girl gets help or that she leaves your cousin alone. Keep me posted.

Luanne~ This is such a hard time for you. You are in my prayers. I hope that Mom C. gets the care that she deserves!

Tammy~ I know setting up the classroom is such a fun time. (It is a lot of work though). I always thought September was the beginning of a new year, not January (lol) Too many years in the classroom I guess!

I think I am going to try to get into the garden again today. DH is still on vacation and wants to do a few more things around the house and *sigh* that usually involves me following around and cleaning up his "helping" lol. I think DD and I will hit the boards this afternoon and take a nice bike ride down the coast. We will see if the weather cooperates. I am still working on my quilt (Bunny I wish you lived around here!) Hopefully it will be done this weekend. I am having fun ! Have a lovely day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  06:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello,
I am a newbie but when I saw this board "Virtual Porch Sitting" it made me feel right at home. Every morning I get up, hubby already has coffee ready. I make a cup and go sit on the front porch. I watch the hummers, about 20 right now...and then look across the field and see Joker and Jiggy our horses. I married this wonderful man 2 years ago (Monday was our anniversary) and moved from SC to GA. He had decided to move out of the big cities to his deer camp in the little town of Tignall just a few months before we met. Anyway...lol...If you know anything about a deer camp...it is pretty rustic. But my first visit here I fell in love with the place. Hey Bunny....I met my hubby on a dating website...so don't give up. The place had a common room that is about 12 by 14 I guess and a bunk room with 8 bunks. Oh and yea for me 2 indoor bathrooms....BUT it has an outdoor kitchen. The kitchen is a large building with only 3 sides and a roof. Am I boring anyone yet? I think I might be so if let me know if you want to hear more or not...really don't want to bore anyone...lol...Thanks for letting me share...so much to share living in the country with no close neighbors...Penny

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

So Keep Smiling!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  06:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Penny!

Welcome to the porch - I'm sure you will love it here!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Well, I finally got an email from him last night at 11:30pm. He said his car broke down and he had to be towed to a friends shop. He had just got home. I'm still a little ticked off because I would have found a way to get in touch.. but he has asked for a second change. So we will try again next week. What is it about these guys and their first date screw ups. I figured I have to play nice because he goes to the same community college I'm applying for and we will probably see each other around. ... ugh small towns do have their downsides. But everyone deserves a second chance I guess.

Penny, welcome to the porch. Your place sounds wonderful! I just moved from around the Yosemite area to a pretty basic looking town in Oregon and I miss being out in the country sooooo much.

Megan, so sorry about your cousin. It is pretty drastic but you should find articles about parents sueing schools after their children commit suicide after being bullied. Send it off to the school principal and see if they don't get a heads up. This is such a big deal in the headlines right now. It is so similar to being bullied and no school should allow it for any reason. The other girl sounds like she needs some counseling. there are so many people going around to schools talking about the effects of bullying you would think the school would be more informed. I'll say a prayer for her.

Luanne, I'm glad you are able to work through this hard time. There are anwsers. She is lucky to have you and her son to take care of her.

Pam, what a bummer about your packages. Maybe you could put somekind of box on your porch that packages could go in so it doesn't look so obvious. Unless of course you live in an apartment.. then it's a little hard. You should be able to get a replacement if you contact the company. I use to ship to people and it happened a few times. I replace stuff without much complaint. Not good for my bottom line.. but good customer service.

Anyway, today is my last day this week for my sewing class. Next week I have 3 older girls making a really cool purse. It should be fun. All the money is going into savings so I'll have money for bills during school.
Oh, and the bank still wants my realtor to keep the house listed. She got a new offer yesterday. It probably won't go through because it is a totally lowball offer.. as if more than half isn't enough. But the realtor is a real slimeball and keeps changing his story. First they were cash buyers and then when my realtor said to go ahead and offer less.... they turned into needing a loan. But she has two more people that want to see it this weekend. I may sell it after all.... I need that $3000.00 for school. (and new tires). Anyway, time to get ready..

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  07:55:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, I put your pincushion in the mail yesterday. Sorry it took so long. I had to find an envelope and make a lable cos I couldn't write on the outside of the envelope. Anyway, hope you like it.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  09:46:24 AM  Show Profile
Penny...Welcome to the Porch! I loved hearing about where you live and how you got there. Not boring to me at all. I love hearing
people's stories. And obviously that's what we do here on the Porch...share life, love, laugh, smile, cry, vent and encourage one another.
So, keep coming back each day or two or three times a day and sharing you story and life with the rest of us Porchies. How did you hear
about MJF?

Bunny...Tell the Dude he only gets one second chance! I got my beautiful pincushion yesterday. I love it thanks. Check going out in the mail when I return from Seattle, Mon. or Tues. I am all packed except my cosmetics which I still need to use and then I leave here at 11:15.

Megan...Angela wrote the Poem sweetie...but it is such a nice Poem isn't it. Hope you had fun at your 5k today! I will keep Anna in my prayers. Like Bunny said...that is Bullying and the school needs to take it seriously. That is no small matter...it is huge! And it is sick & scary behaviour.

Madame Butterfly...I will post what I am reading and about my weekend, loving on my grand-babies when I get back. Or if I can get my hands on a computer as Iam not taking my laptop with me. I can't believe that you are already working on your class room. Didn't you just...like close the door behind you a couple of days ago??? LOL

OK Porchies, My nailpolish is dry now I have to fly getting the rest of me ready. Family pictures is the first thing on our agenda when I
get there so I have to travel dressed up. Oh, what one does for Love! I would rather go casual and act like I am on vacation. haha

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Luanne...Hope you find some place for Mom C. that will take her Medicare. How stressful! Prayers coming your way.

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page