Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  11:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melanie, Got to say I love the name...lol...my sister is named Melanie...she is the same age as my oldest son...yep Mom and I were pregnant at the same time...now that is a story for another day on the front porch. Thank you for letting me share Melanie, it is nice to beable to feel like other's understand you. I have always been a country/farm girl and it hasn't changed much in 53 years. Everyone here has been so nice. With friends like ya'll I hope to come to the front porch more often...ummm..maybe even bring some goodies next time...like the cherry cobbler I made my DH last night. (((((Hugs all)))))

Farmgirl Sister #3343
God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

So Keep Smiling!

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jul 30 2011 11:17:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Cherry cobbler....did someone say cherry cobbler???? ooooo Penny....Yummo!!
I'd love to hear that pregnant story myself. haha
Cherime, isn't it amazing how different renting is from place-to-place? Boggles the mind!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  2:05:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow, so much going on that I've missed this week. Definately need a break and a chat with everybody.

PeggyAnn - Once they do the inspection I'd move the bedroom back to how I wanted it. They'll never know LOL

Bunny - Have you tried Farmers Only dating site? You might find somebody you match up with a bit better. It's free or at least it was. Unfortunately there wasn't anybody close to me distance wise. There was one guy that was about two hours south of me but he didn't sound or act like he really wanted to date so I couldn't figure out why he even had an account. I found df on EHarmony. Typically I found if a guy failed to show up for a date it was because they found another date they thought they'd like better. There are unfortunately a lot of swines that call themselves men on those dating sites. Good luck.

I got my Pickl It jar system in. Hopefully I'll have enough cukes to start a batch of pickles this weekend. They're massively producing right now. I have a huge dill plant that df calls my dill tree - tease me he may, but he's going to love those dill heads in his pickles.

Our bedroom air conditioner broke down this week. Sleep has been something I haven't had much of because of it. We tried locating one yesterday but found most places are sold out due to the heatwave. Found one that will fit the way df wants it to and they want $400 for it - YIKES! We have side sliding windows and he doesn't want to take the two sides out. I don't think he's going to end up with much of an option though since we did find one that will fit if we take the windows out for $170. His radiator leak got to the point he had to order a new one of those this week too and I need one of my tires replaced. Just one of those weeks and I'm glad it's over.

Next Saturday we're going to help with a dog agility demonstration at the Highland Games. Highland Games are old Irish/celtic type games like throwing the caper (tree), haggis throwing, tug of war, dancing, etc... They have several celtic bands that play all day. Obviously food including shortbread cookies, meat pies, and such. The different clans do various events and performances too. Lots of shopping. Last year we found a scarf in the Munro tartan, which is one of df's family. They have herding demos which we aren't doing since the pups aren't trained enough yet but we will be doing the dog agility demos. Most of the dogs are rescues so it's great for people to see how well rescues can turn out. I got the pups groomed up today. Lacey was like a wiggle worm she was so excited to let me see how cute she looked. Thought I'd share a pic of her looking so adorable and fluffy.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

HeirloomMomma
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Linda
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi all.
I am new to the porch, and very new to MJF all-together. I just sat down tonight and started looking here on the porch. I relaxed and enjoyed it the minute I started reading all of your posts.
I am from PA, my husband and I just went back into dairy farming after a 10 year break. Our son, his wife and their sweet son River live on the farmland, so we are all in this together. Our daughter lives about 20 minutes away and comes several times a week with her sweet boys, Camden and Colby, to help too. Her husband wasn't raised on a farm, but he loves it too, and helps when he can.
I raise a few beef cows, chickens and raise a garden, and I am a full-time teacher, so my hours with the dairy cows are limited.
We are in the middle of renovating and adding on to our home which is an upheaval for us, however I am looking forward to the new kitchen that I will have, along with another bathroom and larger bedroom for us.
Well, that's enough about me for now.
Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to my time on the porch!
In Sisterhood,

Farmgirl Sister #3291
http://hoovershomesteadhappenings.blogspot.com
"Leap and the net will appear."
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  6:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Very nice reading ladies. I'll have to get caught up tomorrow evening. I'm usually working the weekends. No rain for us yet.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  7:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Linda, As you I am very new to MJF too...just joined on Jun 30 but really didn't start really reading and posting until July 25th. But didn't join the Sisterhood until July 29th. But so glad I did. It is so nice to meet you. I sure wish my grandsons and children lived closer. They are 2 hours away. See ya soon on the porch.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  7:39:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome new ladies :).

I have a weird question...would you put a navy blue (crochet) trim on a black pashmina/scarf or not? I'm kinda worried that it will just look dumb, like I'm trying to pretend it's black. I kind of like this trim here: http://crochet.about.com/od/vintage/ss/crochetedfringe.htm & the pashmina/scarf is just a lightweight plain black fabric.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  7:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I think I agree with you Pam...it may look like you thought it was black...how bout a pink or red or even off white...cream or something...???

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  8:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome new ladies! I've been busy,busy. We've had such great wether here I was outside planting beets, kohlrabi,turnips, and broccoli. Whew ! hpt, sweaty, dirty work - but it felt good! Then tonight all of the neighbot=rs got together for a barbeque and around 9 we had a huge s'more roasting. It was fun. I have such great neighbors. They are really more like family. That's all for now...too tired to write anymore...

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  11:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to all our new porch ladies. Good thing we have a very large porch. Not much going on at my house. I have been working in the sewing room for the last 2 days. I took in a horrendous t-shirt quilt that a basketball coach put together and wanted more t-shirts added. It was put together so terribly that I nicely suggested that I could redo it so it would be easier to add t-shirts on each year. He is going to pay me $100.00 to do it. So far I'm making about $5.00 an hour. But it will look much better when it's done. I'm also making things for the craft shows that come up in late October and November. Plus, I was asked to teach a quilt class in a little town about an hour away. My kid classes are doing great. I have 4 students for Monday. Lots of money to put away for school thankfully. There is another offer on my house thankfully. I guess the bank doesn't want to foreclose so they are hanging on with the short sale and hoping for a buyer. Crossing my fingers again. It means more school money.
My "date" emailed me and asked for forgiveness at standing me up. We are going to try again on Tuesday. I also have to take a placement test to get into the community college here. Not looking forward to that. I am terrible at algebra. I'll probably be taking the dummy math class.. but it's what I have to do.
Boss lady is being a ... you know what. I went in the other day for some fabric she had brought for me to buy from her other store. She was really rude and wouldn't even make eye contact. I never know which way the wind is blowing with her. I try to stay under the radar but apparently it isn't working.I have no idea what I did... I only have to make it to the end of September. I just hope she pays me for the fabric she bought. I'm a bit worried about that.

Well, enough of my worries and complaints. Glad so hear so many gardens are thriving. I wish I was able to join in.. but no garden this year. Maybe next year.

Anyway, just checking in. Don't want to be accused of being MIA... I do lurk most days.. just don't always have anything interesting to say.

Off to bed. Sleep well farm girls!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  01:19:31 AM  Show Profile
Well My Beloved Porchies...I leave for 3 days and had about four pages to catch up on. You would think we like to gab on this Porch or something! lol

Welcome Linda...glad to have you! There is always room for one more on here. Pull up a Rocker and stay as long as you want. The first time you come on The Porch you are a visitor the second time you come on...you become an official Porchie!

Pam darlen...so glad you took yourself out for some fun! Nothing like a Fair to help you connect to the things that are important. Did you enter anything this year? Like any of your wonderful embroidery work...hint hint!

Angela...you should be entering your jams and jellies in the Fair too. Yummy...blue ribbon quality girl!

Megan...way to go on the 5 K that was a great time! I am so proud of you!

Bunny...that boss lady of yours needs a reality check. She doesn't seem to appreciate the talent she has hired. Keep us posted if Mr. Wrong makes it
"Right" on tuesday.

Judy and Linda...I didn't know there was an over 50's Forum or Thread on here. I might have to go check it out.

I am still in Seattle loven on my Grand-daughters until later today and then I head back home. Madaline just turned 3 and she is a JOY to her Granmama's heart. We have been celebrating her now for 3 days. Today we went to the Seattle Zoo and she had all her little daycare friends
there. Granmama got pooped out walking so much...but It was still fun! My brand new baby girl is a month and a half and she is so adorable. She has those big ol' chubby cheeks that you just can't help kissen. Mommy and Daddy keep asken if I want to stay for about 2 months and take care of the baby...even though they know I can't...we both wish I could. It would help them out as mommy has to go back to work starting Monday.

Well, I will share some pictures when I get back home...but just had to come sit on The Porch with you Lovely Ladies for awhile tonight. I've been missen ya all. As I read about the Loneliness Factor that seemed to weave through these last few pages over the weekend....I think we can all relate to that in one way or another...or we wouldn't have found ourselves so drawn to MJF and to The Porch in particular. God knew we all had a need for Sisters with like minded hearts and lives. And I for one feel very blessed having you each in my life...every day. You are all Special Gifts to me straight from the Heart of The Father.

Pleasant Dreams My Lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Things are not looking real good on the job front. It seems that the young man that was going to step in changed his mind and bailed on us. The boss it trying to contact our second choice and so far, no response from her. I really cannot afford to retire just yet and all the Walmart greeter jobs are taken. Ah well, trusting in Him to make sure all goes well.
Penny my grand children and great grands are in Oregon and I am in Alaska. Went down there a couple of weeks ago and had a good visit.
I can retire up here cheaper than down there as I own the place and here I no longer have to pay land taxes as I am over 65. My vehicle license is also like $50 now due to age and my property is only getting worth more as time goes on. I might have something to leave the kids eventually.
Bunny praying for that house to be out of you hair with money to you in the end.
Peg, have a good visit with the kids.
Hugs all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  10:27:04 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon sweet sisters,

Welcome to the new ladies. Pull up a rocker...we love having more sisters on the porch. I have been busy getting things in my classroom ready for the new little butterflies and getting ready for the fair that is in a week. Seems summer has gone by so fast. I too can relate to being lonely. My house was rather quiet this summer witht he boys working. Being 15 they were working for Grandpa on his farm. But sure made it quiet here.

Peggy so glad you are having a lovely time with the grandbabies. Just gotta love them.

Megan congrats on your 5K way to go girl.

Elaine...would you like to come work my garden dearie...I would offer you a great tea...hope you get some rest today.

Cherime...sorry about the job.

Bunny still praying for you.

Well ladies I must fold some clothes. Left you some banana cake that I made today. Don't forget the cool whip on top.

I love you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  10:50:45 AM  Show Profile
[url=http://www.pixhost.org/show/1131/8325091_dreamcicle-baby-blanket.jpg][/url]
Hope this goes well. Looks like I am going to be making more and trying to sell more very soon. One of my fleece baby blankets with a cotton backing. Sewing down the ribbon locks the face and backing in place.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, Ladies, life has gotten to me agian. Big time!

I left the girls with my mom for the mornin and his mom for the evenin yesterday, so we could get some us time. We took the motorcycle and went about 2 hours north to a hot dog festival. We spent the whole day listenin to bands and walkin around and eatin junk food. We were there till the last band was done at 10:30. We stopped for dinner at a truck stop on the way home. Then, when we got to my moms to get the car, all super sunburnt tired and broke at 1:30 in the am, we had to go for gas before goin home. At the gas station the car began sprayin water everywhere and in huge amounts! We had to leave it at my moms and ride the bike home.

Now I'm completely trapped at the house with the truck broke down here and the car broke down there. My Hubby is at the junk yard right now lookin for parts for the truck because he said the car needs a heater core, a freeze plug, and new hoses, which is gonna cost a fortune. The truck takes so much gas I can't afford to use it except when absolutely, positively, 100% neccessary.

I hate that. I don't go much anyway, but I like to able to go if I need a little quiet me time. Now that's not an option. I am so tires of these vehicles and them always breakin down. I'm tired of throwin good money at bad junk.

I think I will start a savings jar and put the gas money that would have been put in the car each week in it. I also will need to get creative and figure out ways to make some extra cash. I think it's time to put some serious effort into gettin the car our favorite mechanic is sellin. The last car we bought off him lasted 5 years before it started havin problems. I need another one like that. The car lot car only made it 2 years and cost way more. I'm done with car lots!

Right now I'm sittin here burnt, hurtin, miserable, and feelin dumped on. I was so lookin forward to havin a little extra cash this week to get some serious tillin and trellis buildin in the garden this week. We haven't had the money for gas and supplies for the garden for weeks. It's really out of control out there. I'm workin on some ideas for gettin it under control and keepin it that way without all the power tools and new supplies.

I need to rethink my schedule and the budget and my 6 month plan, but my head hurts. My face is so burnt I look like a giant tomato! I didn't sleep very well because it hurt no matter how I laid and I didn't sleep the night before because of the stupid car strandin me in town till the wee hours of the mornin then gettin up at 5:30 to get ready for our day alone, which ended in the car breakin down completely!

I think I'm gonna catch a nap and try to figure all this out later.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  1:27:57 PM  Show Profile
RFMTammy...your Lacey pup looks so soft, I could just feel her fur in my hands.
Hi Linda, Welcome!I'll bet you're glad to be back on the farm, and with extra help no less. That renovation sounds nice and roomy.I'm happy for you. Did you take before and after pics? I always forget the before ones.hahaha
Elaine, WOW! You have been a busy gal.
Peg, Good to hear from you girl!Over 50 is over on the wolcome wagon. There's about 38 new pages for you to read...in your spare time...LOLOL
Megan ...why, I do believe I've completely forgotten my manners....I totally meant to congratulate you for a tremendous job, well done. That kind of a race is a big deal...and you did it girl. Good on ya!! :)
Angela, so sorry about your car and truck problems dear.You did have a great day though didn't you? You needed that R&R. I know that doesn't seem helpful now, especially since you got sunburn on top of that, but it sounds like you had the fun you needed to break up the doldrums! I'll be praying for your car situation!
Well, it's 93 at 4 PM and still climbing. Staying in and staying cool today.
I made pesto yesterday for the first time. It turned out pretty good!I used walnuts instead of pine nuts.
Make it a good day girls!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  5:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies~ My brother and his family called me this am and we went back to Cedar Creek for more kayaking. I just loaded my kayak and made my 40 minute drive to Toms River (where they live) and voila! Kayaking for 5 hours. It was a beautiful day and my DD had school work to do at home and DH had his work to do - so I just went. I do so love kayaking. It was a very enjoyable (free) day!

Angela~ That really stinks about the cars. It seems like when it rains it pours! I am praying that things work out for you.

RFM Tammy~ I love your Lacey. She looks like such a sweetie!

Cherime~ Love your blanket!

TeaLady Tammy~ If I lived near you I would love to work in your garden and sit and have tea and a nice chat.

I'm a tad burnt, a little sore and a lot tired - think I'm going to turn on the Discovery Channel and watch Shark Week - it's an annual tradition!
Have a safe and peaceful evening Ladies - it is such a pleasure visiting with all of you.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  6:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- I had to take the "dummy" math class when I went back to school. It was so much easier than I remembered in high school. If you have to you won't regret it. Plus you'll have super grades. You might get some good referals on your tshirt quilt. I've seen an ad in a magazine for those.

Angela- I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles. When it rains it pours, doesn't it? I'm here trying to sell a car that runs great and can't get a nibble. I don't think the economy is helping. It sounds like you did have a dream date. A hotdog festival! My kinda place.

Elaine- It's so funny about Shark Week. This week DH has decided we should learn to scuba dive as a couples activity. It's great because he has depression and finds it hard to get out and live life. So now he picks this?! Lol...Hopefully only in pools and lakes.

I'm done working till next Sunday. I have some sort of muscle pain in my right leg and work aggravates it. I should sit around more I'm going to get the heating pad and go read more on the forums. Hope you have a good evening!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  6:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. Just woke up from a little power nap. Listening to some happy music and getting ready to head back to the sewing machine. I'm making some little projects to sell at craft fairs this fall. I'm sitting there will all my ideas and again... I'm thinking I should write a book with patterns for all these fun little things I'm making. I could self publish it and people can download it off my website. If I had half the time to put all my ideas to work... I would be doing great. I need a personal assistant... one that works for free of course and cooks. I hate that I have to stop and eat. (it doesn't show though). ;)

Angela, I'm so sorry you had a bad end to a wonderful date. Not having money for all the things that break is a pain.

Elaine, how cool that you go kayaking! Sounds like it is a great stress relief for you. Enjoy your shark week.

Julie, I agree about the math class. I hope I can work all this college stuff out. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Tammy, your Lacey girl looks great. Have fun at the Celtic Games!

Peggy, glad you were able to get up to see grandkids. I'm sure you are a wonderful grandma!

Cherime, sorry about the job issues. Sounds like it is a scary time for you. I do like your blanket.

Judy, pesto is one of my favorite foods of all time. Amazing how easy it is to make huh.

Well, sewing machine is calling. Later everyone.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  8:46:51 PM  Show Profile
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my electricity back after it goin out less than 10 minutes after my last post! I had to sit around in the heat most of the day and then we had to go to town for dinner and gas for the generator. We did get the truck runnin and we have a lead on a used heater core that might save us quite a bit for fixin the car.

I'm gonna spend some time sleepin in tomorrow mornin and then I'm gonna focus on the garden as much as I can stand. The sunburn is really bad. The waitress at the restraunt tonight walked up, said hi, and then said 'oh you poor thing! that must hurt!'. I felt like crawlin under the table, but I might of bumped my sore shoulders.

I'm exhausted and sore. I'm off to bed. I'll stop by tomorrow and update my prayer lists and chat about better stuff . Ok Ladies? See ya later.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  8:49:20 PM  Show Profile
It was a scorcher today so my hubby and i headed for the mountains for a picnic and a nap in the pine trees. I am as happy as can be with very dirty feet
The alpine flowers were growing like crazy, so I helped myself and put them in my antique blue canning jars!
I just tried posting a pic but with my dial up connection I kept timing out, so I will post the pic when I can get to a faster connection.
Have a good night ladies!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  8:55:15 PM  Show Profile
Well Porchies.....it's been a while! 103 today the entire state of Texas is in a drought. Farmers are hit hard! Cattle are being sold to the lots in record numbers. Cotton fields are sparse. Ponds and water tanks are drying up! I feel for them all.....I am lucky to be a citified farmgirl now.

Peggy......envy you, your time with the grandbabies. I spent time with mine for the first couple years but due to circumstances they are now 21,21 and 17. Haven't seen them since 3, 2 1/2 and 14 months. but as long as they grew up well......I am OK with it. Just hurts sometimes....I am thrilled for anyone able to be with their grandkids. :)

Elaine.....just loved your pics at the ocean. You and your daughter are lovely! Kayaking?....you are quite a gal.

Tammy........I used to live in Midlothian Illinois and they have the Highland Games every year......fun and interesting.

Melanie.....Sure hope Mary Kay works out for you......I only live about a half mile from headquarters! Hey, if ya get to go to convention next year ring me up, if you have time we can do lunch.:) Addison has been their home since '95. Our new mayor sold MK the pink cadillacs.....his family owns a car dealership. Did you hear they have added a special black Mustang to their fleet? Maybe we'll see ya toolin' around in one someday.:)

Angela......hang in there, kiddo. There's a miracle just around the corner. Everything, everyone has a purpose and a reason! :)

Bunny......you have spirit.....act on it!! Books,patterns, website! As 'NIKE' says....JUST DO IT! :)

Julie.....we're on 30 days straight over 100.....how you doin'?.....Tropical storm Don certainly was a disappointment....Brownsville got a wopping 3/4 of an inch of rain. And it had totally disappeared in 1 1/2 hours. No help on that front.

Well gals.....prayers and hugs to all my porchie pals!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  11:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
Penny, I'd love to hear the pregnancy story sometime! It sounds like it'd be a good story:)
Melanie, it's pretty bad. Thanks for the good thoughts! My aunt really doesn't want to pull her out of school there (it's a really good school other than this girl who's causing problems), but hopefully it doesn't get that bad! And that's awesome you're already making money doing MK!
RFM Tammy, I hope ya'll find an air conditioner soon! We've had heatwaves too!
Linda, welcome welcome! Your little farm sounds fabulous with your son and his family there, too!
Pam, I'm with Penny. Maybe you could do a white or cream color. I'm sure whatever you do will be great!
Elaine, your garden sounds fantastic, and the barbeque sounds like it was fun!
Bunny, I'm so glad that you're putting money away for school! And it doesn't matter what math you're in, it's fantastic that you're going back to school! But it is terrible that your boss is being so mean:( I'll pray for you sister!
Peggy, thank you so much! I can't wait until you post pictures of your grandbabies!
Cherime, I'll be praying for you!
Teacher Tammy, thank you so much!
Angela, things will get better. I'm sorry that you got burned so bad! That's definitely not fun! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Judy, it's okay! Thanks for the congrats:)
Mel, welcome back!
Tracy, welcome to the porch!
This weekend was pretty good. Babysat the cousins on Saturday, then this morning I babysat for another family. Then later in the afternoon my aunt and uncle took my cousins and I swimming, then out to dinner. My dad was able to meet us, and that was good. Pretty unordinary weekend! But this week I'm so excited! I'm going to Michigan on Wednesday to visit my grandparents! I'm so excited! Can you tell by the excess use of exclamation points? My Mom's driving me halfway where we'll meet my uncle to drive the rest of the way to Michigan. I'm so excited to see them! I hope everyone has fabulous Mondays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  12:59:00 AM  Show Profile

CJ made these matching Aprons for my DIL and G-daugher Madeline. Aren't the adorable?

Big Sister Madeline...loven on baby sister Naomi!

Baby Naomi sleeping through the Birthday Party at the Woodland Park Zoo.

Well, here are a couple of pictures of my weekend with the Grand-daughters. We had such a good time together. Today when I got ready to
go...Madeline said, "I don't want you to go Ganmama." Ah...now that is what a Grandmama loves to hear! :+)

Tracy...Welcome to The Porch. We are so glad that you joined us. Hope you will come back and become a regular Porchie.
Your Mt. Picnic sounded absolutely lovely. Hope you can post some of those pictures.

Cherime...sorry to hear about your boss and job situation. Adorable dreamcicle baby quilt.

Madame Butterfly...Thanks so much for the banana cake...might I recommend a little chocolate drizzled over it. LOL! Just joking.
How is the class room coming along? I pray my g-daughters get some good Christian Teachers to influence their lives.

Bunny...praying that your house sells, that the date isn't a dud, and that you can put all those project directions down on paper...
so you can do e-books out of them. I think your creative juices are flowing girl...now to just harness them into making them a viable
income huh? Thank you for your sweet comment about betting I was a good grandma. I pray that I am...and that God will use me to
help teach my grandbabies about Him. Though I deeply love my son and DIl they do not profess to be Christians...even though my son was
brought up in The Church.

Angela...Car problems have to be my number one pet-peeve in life and I am so sorry that your nice day with hubby ended in all that frustration. But hopefully you will be able to just put in behind you and enjoy what tomorrow brings your way.

Judy...93% sounds good to me, but I do enjoy the 80's the best for summer weather. What do you like to do to cool down on
hot days?

Elaine...now that is one nice way to cool down in the heat...go kayaking! That is neat that you have your brother's
family to do that with. How many years have you been doing that sport?

RFM Tammy...congrats on being so gung-ho on selling your Mary Kay. That is awesome. Your Lacy dog looks so gentle and soft.

Julie...is your leg pain from the siatic (sp) nerve? Hope it goes away soon!

Mel...so sorry to hear about you not getting to enjoy your grand-children in their growing up years. That happens far more
than it should. I hope I never have to experience that. I have 8 grandchildren through marriage and these two girls are my
only biological grandchildren. But I treat them ALL equally with all the love I can share. I have an eleven yr. old step-
granddaughter coming from Spokane in the morning to stay for the week. And I look forward to a good time with her too.

Megan...Oh, I am so glad that you are getting some grandparent time! I know your grandparents must think the World of you
because we all sure do. So, have fun in Michigan and I pray that when my grand-daughters are your age they will be just as
excited to see me...as you are to see yours.

OK My Lovelies...bed is calling me. I have to get up early in the morning to greet Hallie, so sweet dreams...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  06:25:26 AM  Show Profile
Angela, praying for a cheap and speedy fix for that car.
Pag, great pix. I think I need to learn to use my old camera better.
We had a wake for my ex on Sat. Come to find out someone appears to have taken the last thing that he gave to my daughter, a small silver bar with her name on it. I am praying that person is convicted in their heart and gets that back to her even if they have to sneak it back in. She was in tears that someone could be so vile.
Bunny an ebook is a good idea. Praying over that house and a sale.
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page