Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  3:19:13 PM  Show Profile
Monica...My Goodness look what Hurricane Irene blew up from Florida...right back on The Porch too! lol Long time no hear from?
What have you been doing with your life girl...besides sitting on your own Porch Rocken? Just because you bought two new
rockers for your Porch doesn't mean you can't still come rock and chat with all your Virtual Porchie Sisters. We do have a lot
of Newbies and that is always fun! But we miss some of our Oldies but Goodies too! LIKE YOU!!! Come on back girlfriend!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Who's porch are we sitting on during this storm Monica??? How 'bout....ummm...."The Jetson's!!" Remember them? Anytime the weather wasn't to their liking, they'd just push a button and their home would rise above the nasty clouds until it found a sunny spot. That's what we need during ALL bad weather....now THAT's "A Virtual Porch!"
Nite PorchBuds!
Love To All!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  7:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- that quilt is gorgeous.

Darlene- Glad to see you. I hope you are healing quickly.

Tlt Tammy- I hope you are feeling better from your cold. I hate colds.

Angela- I hope you are feeling better from your illness. Sounds like your hubby is great.

Kimberly- Your peaches sound great. I wish I had had enough time this year to can peaches. It'll be on next year's list.

Rfm Tammy- Thank you for mentioning the chiropractor. I'm not sure where my Sciatic journey will take me. Maybe it's a mild thing and it'll be over after the meds or maybe it'll be worse. I'm tucking the tip about the chiropractor into my brain. I will ask the doctor, if I need to go back. I don't like to take medicine if I can help it.

Well Ladies, I am done with work till next weekend. If I could tell you what went on I would, but I can't with privacy laws, etc. I can say it was a roller coaster the likes I haven't been on before.

I saw one of my best friends. We used to do the farmer's market business together but now it's just me. She was selling all her stock so I took a look at it and bought it all. It was 50% off of cost so it was a great deal. The university here is starting a market this week, 2 times a month. I worked it last year and the college kids are really into the all natural products I make. I did really well last time and the stock I bought will make it a lot easier to get products made quickly. I still need to get my Etsy store up to date. Maybe tomorrow... Just not enough time in a day to do everything.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  8:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kimberly, I usually freeze my peaches, would you mind sharing your recipe for canning them...I would like to try that...thanks

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I hope everyone's doing well!
For everyone affected by Irene, I hope that all of you are doing okay and are safe!
TeaLady Tammy, I hope that you feel better soon:)
Angela, I hope that you get over your cold soon too!
Monica, I'm glad that you're doing well! It's been way too long since we saw you:) My Mom used to have a huge crush on Jim Cantore, so whenever she'd watch the Weather Channel, I'd ask if her boyfriend was on! We can all dream!
Julie, I hope you find some "you" time tomorrow!
Well, it has been a very busy couple of days! I got homework on the first day of school, so the next couple of nights after that were spent at rugby, then doing homework! Not a lot of time to get to the porch. Then on Friday, I didn't have rugby, so my friends and I went into the downtown of one of the suburbs. We had dinner and had some of the best frozen yogurt ever! Then last night was the boys' school welcome back dance, which was also fabulous! If you don't mind me having one of my teenager moments, I was going to dance with a guy I sort of like, but I chickened out. But at our upcoming dance, I'm determined to dance with him! Okay, need to be off to bed for school!
I hope everyone has great Mondays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Penny,

I don't can the way most people do. I use honey instead of sugar. So here's what I do. Take clean jars (as in just taken out of the dishwasher) and put some honey in the bottom (Tblsp approx or to taste, really depends on preference and sweetness of peaches), add hot water just enough so it melts into a syrup. Place some peaches in a bowl and pour boiling hot water on them. This will loosen the skins so you can peel them easier. Pinch at the skin of the peaches you'll be able to tell once they're ready to peel. Peel the peaches and then slice them into the jars. Once the jars are full add hot water up to the neck of the jar (leaving the entire neck free of peaches and water). Boil the lids (helps soften the rubber for better sealing). Take a clean cloth and wipe the tops of the jars to make sure there are no nicks, honey, peaches, anything that would interfere with the seal. Put the lids on the jar and screw on the rings. Put them into a canner (hot water bath). Water should be up to the neck of the jars. Once the water is bubbling happily start timing it for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes take the jars out of the canner and leave on the counter until they are sealed. Mine usually start sealing immediately. Those pops are very satisfying sounds. Once they have cooled down you can test to make sure they are sealed by pressing on the lid with your finger. If it pops, not sealed; if it's sucked down and doesn't budge, sealed. I recommend wide mouth jars because it's easier to work with and I recommend freestone peaches. Hope that helps!

We just had a wicked storm. Not sure it's done yet. Thunder and lightening and serious wind. There are fires across the river but so far nothing in the area so my husband hasn't been called out. But if you stepped outside you could smell the smoke. The air was dark with smoke and dust from the wind. Spent some time on my knees praying for safety and protection on my home, family, livestock and the farm. My husband was out checking on fields to make sure there were no disasters and he said it just started pouring for a short time and that rain saved them. I'm curious if that rain came while I was praying......

Sounds like all of you in the path of Irene are well. Praise God for His mercies.

Think I'm going to hobble off to bed. My back injury is ticked at me for canning ALL day yesterday. But I still managed to teach Sunday School this morning. My five year old said to me this morning, "We can't go to Church today Momma your back is hurting to much." But I told him we had to go because I was his sunday school teacher today!! But as soon as we got home I was on the couch let me tell you. :) It was actually a blessing that I was teaching today because I wouldn't have survived sitting on the pew.

Rest well

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  04:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Lovely Porchies~

We made it through Hurricane Irene. Lots of branches down. But our siding and our roof stayed on - some were not so lucky. We have power now (AMEN). My street was flooded but because the houses are built a little up we did not get any flooding in the house. I don't know about the state of my garden - I need the water to go down a bit to see. We don't have a basement (lots don't here at the shore) so we didn't have to worry about it flooding. The cars didn't have any trees fall on them - so as far as I'm concerned we came through this unscathed. I don't know when we can start driving around because of the flooding though. People by the Raritan River got hit real bad. Pray for them. I think the wind was the scariest part for me. We''ve had plenty of nor'easters and some hurricanes but this was pretty intense. It took away a lot of sand from the beaches so that will be a while fixing.

I want to thank you for all of your prayers. All around our street people still have no power, damaged roofs, etc. But we were very lucky. I felt the power of your prayer and am humbled by it.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  04:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!

Well, we made it through Irene, although my street looks like a war zone and we have no idea how long it will be before we get power and phone service back. I'm at work right now, and we have no power here either, but the office can run off a generator. Lots of wind and flood damage in this area, and one man was killed when he pushed his son away from a falling tree and was hit by the tree himself - so sad.

Hopefully everyone else is doing OK too.

Darlene - so glad your surgery went OK. Rest up and keep us updated when you feel up to it!

Blessings,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  05:38:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,
Luanne, Elaine - glad that you're alright. Hoping debtea checks in soon. We had very little happen in our immediate area.
We've had such bad storms already this year that most trees were already down and Irene treated our county pretty gently. Praise the Lord.
Darlene - so glad to see you and hoping that you're alright through this storm, too. Glad that the sisters here are loving on you - and wow! that quilt is lovely Bunny.

Need to get back to it. Lots going on in the church office as we are searching for a new pastor and renovating the church, too.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 29 2011 05:39:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  07:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Megan, you are such a busy little bee....and I just love your "teenage" moment....glad to hear you have decided to ask him to dance next time. I am glad you share those moments with us...thank you.

OH Kimberly, I am so glad to here you use honey...I use it in so many things...one that DH likes so much is to put it in my bread. Thank you so much for your recipe. I can't wait to do these peaches now. They are almost ready...tomorrow will be the day. :) Take care of that back, that is such a rough pain...your 5 yr old sounds so sweet...loves his Mommy, you can tell...

Elaine, I am so glad to hear you made it through safely...God answers prayers...

Luanne, so glad you made it through safely too...so sad to hear about the man loosing his life. hope you get power back soon.

Staci, I'm with ya Sista...Praise the Lord. It is so good to hear from so many Farmgirl Sisters that have made it safely through Irene. I hope others check in soon.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 29 2011 1:56:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  08:19:55 AM  Show Profile
Dear Porchies please pray. My husband had a rock hit his head today at work (sounds like it came flying out of a piece of equipment) I'll share more when I know more.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, Prayers and caring thoughts for your husband and you, keep us posted

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  09:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Praying..
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that you are all ok. That was a bad one right on top of that earth quake. We have a gorgeous weekend. Funny how things go. I woke up Sat am and instead of working on the rain gutters had a nudge to clean up the garage. Then got a call from DD. She asked if their piano and the old entertainment center could live in my garage until they could do something with them and they could quit paying a large amount for storage charges each month.
A friend who is in the process of finishing a cabin came and got the last kitchen cabinet I had refurbished and two large windows. I have two large pieces of furniture in the garage but a cleaner garage as the kids came and helped with the cleanup.
Back to the grind and how about a strawberry rhubarb tart? I have fresh rhubarb.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  11:58:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm thankful Irene went easy on our east coast gals. So sorry about the dad and his son.
Kimberly I'll say a prayer for your hubby. Hope all is ok.
Not much going on here. A friend took me down to the local beauty college and we had a pedicure. $10.00... you can't go wrong. Now I have bright red toes.
A guy I have been conversing with online from eharmony is slowly coming around. He said he has been burned a few times and just wants to be cautious. I told him I would be patient. He lives in the same town as me. I have been talking to him since November. I wait a few months and then email him again to let him know I'm interested. He is always polite in his emails. I just wish we could meet and get that over with. Either the chemistry will be there or not. Time will tell.

Weather here is hot and sunny. I really need to moe the yard but know the heat will take me out if I do. We now have a wonderful weed garden. I swear we have the worst looking house on the block. I wish I could afford to pay someone to keep it up for me. My mom won't spend the money. Maybe I should make her mow the lawn and see how long it takes her to change her mind.

Anyway, glad everyone is ok. Kimberly let us know how hubby is.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  12:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear from those of you who made it through Irene.

CHERIME.....nice you could help out the kids and get the garage cleaned at the same time. Thanx for the tart. I used to love when my grandma's rhubarb came up. I'd grab a big stalk and the salt shaker and was in seventh heaven. :)

PEGGY....want to thank you so much for the MAILART to my friend Pat. She recieved it and was so impressed that someone who didn't even know her would be so kind to think of her and send such encouragement.Again......THANX SOOO MUCH! You are a sweetheart! :)

KIM.....praying for your hubby........hope all's well.

MONICA.....Thanx for the compliments on the bag......in process of cutting out another....was very pleased with the way it turned out. :)

Thinking of all you fabulous porchies......it's so fun to visit here!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile
First off Kimberly...prayers going up right now for your hubby. Hope it isn't serious! But a flying rock can have a whollop of an
impact even if it is small. Keep us posted girl!

Mel...so glad that she liked the mail-art. We each do what we can do...with the talent God has given us to help encourage others. If
we don't use those gifts and talents for "good" then why have them?? Please keep us posted as she progresses in her treatment for the
cancer.

Eileen, Penny, Stacie, Debra...and all others in the path of Irene...we are thankful that our prayers were answered and that you
made it through the storm all safe and rejoicing that it wasn't worse. Still the pictures on TV show it wasn't all hype...there is
a lot of flooding, downed trees and at least 20 lives taken. The clean up and power problems will take long enough that Irene will be
remembered for a very long time. Rejoicing with you the the Father had you under His mighty wings sheltering you from the storm.

Bunny...I would rather have a guy who is cautious and keeping in touch on occassion than a guy who is creepy and practicly stalking you
via the dating service. This guy may be "NORMAL"...though a bit gun-shy. Are you teaching any classes this week?

Teacher Tammy...I am loving reading THE HELP! Must see the movie when I am done.

Well, My Porchies...I just put on a Crock-Pot full of green beans (from my garden), with red potatoes, carmelized onions and Hamhock.
Oh, I can taste the Feast already! Going to make some cornbread too. So, looking forward to dinner tonight. I will leave some on The Porch for you. Somebody else want to bring dessert? Last night I made fried zuchinni from my silly looking zuchinni balls. Tasted wonderful though!!

It is cloudy and cool here today but no rain...I am a Happy Girl!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  1:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Ladies. Kimberly, I hope your husband is not hurt. I'm glad that all our sisters seem to have made it through Irene with no casualties.

I'm taking a break right now from making products. So far I've made some face cleansing oil, 8 gallons of laundry soap, 1 batch of caribbean sea salt cold process soap, and packaged up some other soap. Still debating on whether or not to make some rosemary spearmint lotion. I'll hopefully receive my new labels today or tomorrow.

Think I'm going to go take a break and do some knitting.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile
thanks for all the prayers
they worked, we are safe sound and waterless
loss power all day yesterday but we made do.
farmgirl wisedom..it was so different
to things the old way and fun
but we were lucky very lucky..
thank the lord.
even my garden looks good.
blessings and prayers not so lucky
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  2:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Cherime, The tart sounds wonderful, I don't think I have every tried rhubarb...mmmm maybe that needs to go on my list of things to do before......

Bunny, I'm with PeggyA, cautious could be a good thing...time will tell...it is to hot out these days to cut grass, so be careful if you decide to go out and do that.

Mel, good to see you, come back and sit a spell...

PeggyA, The good Lord has watched over us and I thank him often for that, he watched over my family members in MA and NH (they are without power but are safe) and our Farmgirl Sisters... I am so sorry for the ones who have lost loved ones. I am just glad that it wasn't worse. I went through HUGO in 1989 and it was really bad and there were many lives lost in that one. Thank you for leaving us some of your wonderful supper...yummy..

FarmDream, I have never heard of face cleansing oil, what is in it? You sure are a busy woman...the rosemary spearmint lotion sounds wonderful. I just found a recipe for some lotion that uses baby lotion, vaseline and vit. E cream. Haven't made it yet but at least got the stuff. I love vaseline on my feet at night since during the summer I walk around barefooted...good ole country girl...lol..helps keep them soft.

I made to hand towels today for myself...lol...first time I've made these. They really turned out good. I had found some kitchen towels that were in some of my Momma's stuff...she had cut them into and serged the tops and I guess she was going to crochet the top of them. I have some she did for me before she got sick. I decided to sew a top for them and keep them since she it was one of the last things she did before she died. Now I am working on some other for other people. Should have them done tomorrow. Still haven't started my apron yet but guess what...I conquered the buttonholes...yea me...lol.
Guess it is time to see about supper...I know we are having pork chops but don't have a clue what else.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  4:57:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! He's home and doing well. He's got 16 staples holding his scalp together. Bandaged like a mummy!! But he's alert and is even still doing his job via the phone!! I'm his legs running things to the office etc. Appreciate your prayers so much. God is good. I have an EMT friend who is going to come and help me with the bandages in the morning, I don't do well with blood or injuries. I'll be waking him up every three hours tonight as a percaution. In ten days he has to have the staples removed. Thanks again. :)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  5:38:00 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that our East-coast porchies are ok. Thank You Lord!
Kimberly....OUCH!!!....poor man! My DH just breaks car windows out with rocks in the mower(2 in 4 months)lol So glad he's feeling normal and glad you have an EMT friend to help you out. Continued prayers!
Thank you for the coloring book(quilt) ideas.
Man, all the food sounds wonderful. So glad we aren't all neighbors, or we'd be "Wobbling" to each others house, chowing down!
Have a great night Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  5:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok ladies, I need some prayers and support please. I know it maybe hard for some to understand but my youngest son just called to tell me his transfer went through. He works for Fed Ex and lives in SC about 2 hours from me. His transfer is to Michigan...where his Dad lives. I'm happy for him cause he is happy but sad for me because we are so very close and I will miss him alot. DH knows how hard this is for me and is trying to cheer me up...I just can't believe he is going to be so far away. I want him happy and this is what he wants...after a little bit of crying I'm sure I will be ok...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  5:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Kim~ praying for your DD.

Cherime~ I would love some rhubarb tart!

Lots of people without power here and they don't expect it on for at least 5 days. Trees are up by their roots all over. Trees on houses, cars, you name it. Our poor beaches - boardwalks are strewn about, fishing piers out to sea, and the sand is all over.

I tried to post some pictures but for some reason I can't. I am going to take some tylenol I have a huge headache. We were supposed to have a meeying at school tomorrow but I think it is going to turn into a big cleanup!

Off to sleep - the noise of all the generators going is awfully loud - hope I can fall asleep.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies,
so good to see our eastern sisters posting and that for the most part you are all well. Prayer is a wonderful thing. I will continue to pray as you clean up. That is hard work.

Cherime tart sounds good girl. Who can pass up food here on the porch. NO calories.

Penny saying a prayer for you and your son.

I am feeling better today. At least I was able to go to school. We are not in routine yet and this madame buttefly teacher would hate to miss a day. I have some meds now too that have helped a lot. Thanks for all the prayers.

Well I am off to read a bit and then go to bed. I am trying to get more rest during the week so I don't get run down.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page