Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  06:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies,
I have miss you all this last week. Will catch everyone up later today. Just wanted to stop in and say a quick "Hi". Things here have been crazy busy. Hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day!
See you later today.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited. My son emailed yesterday that he'll be home today!!!! He'll be here about 4 days then he has to go to TX for about 4 days and then he'll be back for about 4-5 days before he has to return to Afghanistan. I'm doing a serious mommy happy dance lol. We weren't anticipating he'd be home for a couple weeks and I didn't have the spare room ready so last night we had to buy a bed frame and get the bed put together and the room organized. I had to laundry the bedding so it was nice and fresh. I went and got the ingredients after work yesterday for his homecoming meal he requested; pizza burgers and taco salad. I was cleaning until 10 last night but it's worth it. I did take 30 minutes before I went to bed to relax and crochet on my afghan a bit before I went to bed while watching A Haunting on SciFi. The man and I have gotten into SciFi quite a bit lately.

Hope everybody has an awesome day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  06:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy that's great news! I can see how you'd be so excited :). Have a great time!

Kim, I'm sure your play is wonderful! We've had frost for the majority of the last week, probably closer to 2 weeks. But that's also a fact of living "up north" in Canada. Even southern Canada. But we don't have snow yet, so we're all good!

Well, I think I'm off to get ready for work...maybe more later...maybe not lol. Have a good day everyone!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:20:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

We did get frost yesterday and today. It was about 25 this morning and only sapose to get to 52. Brrrr! Then we get a small warming trend. Highs in the 60s and lows about 40. Thats not till this weekend. Poor chickens. They are not impressed with the change of seasons. The Buckeyes seem to take it in stride but the others are not impressed. I told my husband he needed to put the door back on the coop. We take it off in the summer for better air circulation.

Kimberly I am sure your play will be great. You are taking care of details and considering the age of the children who will be preforming. You go girl!!

I had best get to work. :( I would rather be home with a hot cup of tea and crafting.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:30:35 AM  Show Profile
Yea Tammy! So happy for you. Big hugs!

I've been reading up and commenting here and there. The hat making is keeping me very busy. I'll finish another monkey hat today and start on a cupcake hat. I'm getting ready to go plant some more seeds in a minute. We are lucky to have a year round growing climate for the most part. It's hard to get used to when it's ingrained that you can't plant seeds in winter. Right now we have lettuce, microgreens, squash, pumpkin, eggplant, sweet potatoes, and swiss chard growing. Not a lot of it but it's fun to watch things grow. Have a great day ladies and I hope to find some time to stop in later.

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:36:55 AM  Show Profile
Decided to wander out to the porch a bit early today. By the way, the sunrise is absolutely gorgeous this morning. Sipping my coffee with some hazelnut milk and gazing at the pink and orange sky. Anyone joining me?

Now, how in the world do I keep everyone straight here? Thanks for the warm welcome.

I just glanced through some quick ones and Tammy...that is exciting news!

And now I already forgot everything else I was going to comment on. LOL, I think I need a bit more coffee!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Tammy BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  08:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, how wonderful!

Kim I also have wanted to write stuff. Your play should be a smash hit as you articulate yourself quite well here.

Wendy, I know that one. Need more coffee myself.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  09:55:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy....so glad to hear your boy will be home for a few days! Enjoy!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello All,

Kimberly, that sounds wonderful. I bet it is a great one. I am so happy that writing excites you so...I am sure it is going to be great.

Hi Staci, come back soon.

Dianne (Dew), thank you, I am better today. Love ya too

Hi Wendy, come sit down and enjoy these wonderful ladies, we are happy to have you. I am sure you will love it here..

Bunny Congrats on the job.

Hi Pam and Kathee, come back soon and set a spell...lol

TAMMY, I am so excited for you...I bet you will have the best visit every...give him a thank you from me for his service to our county and a hug if ya don't mind...Enjoy your visit and can't wait to hear all about it...

I am going to work on the baby blanket and see if I can get it finished tomorrow...putting the binding on now...hope to check in later..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Happy late birthday Peggy - sorry I missed it, but I hope you had a wonderful day! Great news on your move!

Has anyone heard from Darlene lately? Hope she is doing OK.

Also, what happened to our little knittinchic Megan? I hope she is just really busy with school - I miss all her cheerful notes!

Boyfriend and I went to Cabela's tonight to look for my birthday present - the trusting man is buying me my own shotgun! I've been using his for trap shooting, but he is 6" taller than I am, and his guns are really too big for me. We found a youth model on-line that I think would be good, but they didn't have one in the store, so we will look again tomorrow night at Gander Mountain. I'm getting so good that I actually hit the darned thing once in a while!!!

Anyway, hugs to everybody - off to bed !

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everybody. It was wonderful to see and hug him. His knee was a bit sore yesterday from all the walking in airports but he looked to be doing well this morning when I left for work. He went to bed about 7 last night he was so tired last night. He had a 15 hour flight to Atlanta, 5 hour layover in Atlanta, and then 1.5 hr flight to Detroit. Boy was that kid hungery - he ate three helpings last night LOL. I'll fatten him up before he goes back :O) Tonight he's visiting with his dad but he should be home plenty early for us to visit before I go to bed. He showed us his Purple Heart Award. That is an impressive medal! I'm so proud of him and yet so scared for the time he has left. Being military myself is both a blessing and a curse because I can read inbetween the lines of what he says and doesn't say.

Julie - approximately how long does each hat take to make? I've been thinking about trying to do a couple things I can post for sale around the office building I work in to see if I can make a bit of extra cash. Problem is I don't have a lot of time to work on anything.

Luanne - I have the same problem with my man's guns. I think skeet & trap shooting are the same thing. It took me quite a while to finally hit a pigeon, I think it was the third time we went skeet shooting before I finally hit one. A lot of my problem was his guns are way to long for me and it's really awckward. He's 12" taller then I am. We're looking for a shotgun and a handgun for me. When we were in ND we went to a store called Scheel's and they have those a shooting game there where it's like a backwoods setting and you have to shoot different things. Beat the man by 10 points! I was so proud of myself.

Think I'm going to make some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies when I get home since I need to fatten up this child of mine :O) I'll leave some on the porch with some warm cider for anybody that would like some.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  11:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies
I Finally got a chance to make those sweet tater fries. They are wonderfull! My DH said they were great. You are right Peggy they don't need any sauce. Thanks for sharing you favorite food with mee. I could be come addicted real quick. LOL! I am a little jelouse though. You can get them in the drive thru. I have to make my own. They are worth it!

Tammy I am so glad you get to spend time with your son. We have friends over there some where but not family. Give him a hug of thanks for me too.

I have the DH home today. He took a week of vacation to go hunting with friends. Today is the make sure everything is ready and sight in the gun day. They leave tomarrow. I'm not sure how I feel about the hunting with friends. I have gone with him for several years. We walk and walk and just be together. So I know I am going to miss that. On the other hand I get time to just craft or bake or what ever I want. that sounds good. I really need to get to the apples but I am kind of sad that he is off with out me. Call me crazy but I miss him when he is gone. I hope they get an elk while they are out hunting. I love elk steak, jerky, sausage, and well elk.
I best get something done today. Yesterday was an exercise in frustration!! Nothing went right, at work or home. Hopefully today is much better. Hope you all have a good dsy. There are warm monster cookies on the porch. They go good with coffee, tea, and milk.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  9:06:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Up late tonight. I had to go to a 4 hour class at work about neonatal codes. After awhile it all starts sounding the same. My boss did tell me I'm getting some kind of promotion thing. That's code for more responsibility same pay. It's nice to be thought of as having the right qualities over other coworkers he could have picked.

Tammy- There are several factors for how much time to make a hat. What size hat and detail work. A baby or child's hat doesn't take as much time. The ones I'm working on right now take about 3 hours for the hat and then different amounts of time for the eyes, nose, etc. I'm working on a cupcake hat for the first time so it's taking a little longer because I'm watching a video and learning at the same time. It doesn't take long to catch on and I suspect it will go pretty quickly. I told DH that I was going to make a bunch of hats for next year so I would have a stock of different hats.

Well, we are having a nice cool front here this evening. I think I will have to go see the doctor tomorrow. My sciatic nerve pain is most likely a herniated disc. I guess my warranty has expired and all the parts are breaking. Just gotta keep on keepin on as best as possible.

Julie

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  11:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so glad your son is home. Give him big hugs and all his favorite foods and tell him we are proud of him. Also thankful he is OK. Let us know if there is anything he needs when he goes back. I'm sure if we have an address, a few of us may be willing to send care packages. I use to do that when I knew guys over there.

Haven't heard about the job for sure yet. But I'm going to pop into the shoe store and introduce myself to the manager. I was told by her friend that it was a good idea and that she would appreciate the effort.

I'm all ready for a craft show on Saturday. I decided to sell a bunch of my fabric stash that is old and I won't use for anything. I'm selling it by the pound. I'm also taking a few nice things I made to see if anyone is interested and if the pricing is right. I have a really big craft show in November and hopefully will get an idea on what to make more of.

Well, off to bed, it's late. Took a 3 hour nap after school so I'm still wide awake.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  11:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Luanne, I am so happy to hear you are getting your own gun, I shoot a 30/30 that is what I killed my deer with last year...I want another gun, a 243 or a 270. But maybe next year. 30/30 is DH. But he gave it to me...I love the size of it...

Tammy, I am so happy you are spending time with your Son, give him lots of hugs and kisses on the cheek from me...tell him, this army brat thanks him for his service...fatten him up good...

Dianne, I have never had elk, maybe some day. I love deer and love making jerky, I wonder if elk taste similar? I love sweet tater fries too, tonight I made roasted butternut squash, it taste alot like sweet taters to me....Dh and I have been craving vegs so we had cube steak, cabbage and roasted butternut squash tonight...strange combo,, but oh so good.

Julie, I hope you pain is just sciatic nerve and not a herniated disc. It is so strange to me that you and I are having the same pain. My sciatic nerve hurts for 2 or 3 days at a time then goes away for a day, then comes back...I've had problems with it for years but lately it is coming back more often. I will pray for you and hope it gets better soon.

Last night I got on craigs list and looked for a wood cook stove and found one about 45 miles from here. DH went to look at it...and came home with it...I'm so excited. It needs just a little work to make it just right but is usable just the way it is...has a crack in the outer part of the door but that is the only thing...needs cleaning too but that isn't anything...can't wait to get it hooked up...it will go great in this deer camp/my home now...lol...DH says it's about time this place had a full time woman in it...I am a lucky lady to have this life style...it is what I have always dreamed of...simple life...so wonderful. I wanted to go deer hunting this afternoon but it was way to warm, so hopeful I will be able to first part of next week. Well it's off to bed for me...Got so much going on here this weekend with DH birthday pig picken I got to get rested up...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  03:56:40 AM  Show Profile
Dana, Thank you for the teas. Can't wait to try them. I believe I am the "tea swap lady" for November. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  07:31:16 AM  Show Profile
Penny congrats on the stove. I LOVE turkeys cooked in a wood stove. When we lived out in Kenny Lake AK we had community thanksgivings a couple of years. We had a wood cook stove and we always were asked to do the turkey and they were willing to supply the turkey providing we cooked it.
Bunny provision, provision, provision in the job market and on Sat. I am going to do a small bazaar on 11/19 and hope to sell a lot.
Julie healing and blessing on that nerve/disc problem. And I do know about the responsibility with same pay stuff. The guys just could not afford to give me more as I bring in the money I know that for a fact. We keep puttin along and we all have jobs and we are almost all part timers at this point. Me less part time than the rest of them.
Dew, my sister lives in Eastern OR and she has had her share of elk. Really loves it.
Tammy and Luanne I used to be a pretty fair shot but its been years. I have sort of permanent crickets in my years that I think come from my Daddy's Russian 762 that thing was a cannon.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  10:08:21 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, hmmmmm, maybe I'll have to request a shotgun so I can go goose hunting with my hubby???? Love meeting other women who like guns too. :)

Penny, 30/30 is my favorite too! I used to have one and I hope to get another. Found the one I wanted but it was way to expensive. It was 125 year commemortive for Canada. Can you say; ching, ching???? Maybe I'll get another sometime. They fit so nice on the saddle. Elk is so good. I like it better than deer and moose. Although so far the best meat I ever had was the backstrap of a mountain sheep. Oh my gosh!!!! SO good. I think I'm jealous. I've always wanted a wood cookstove, always. Congrats! What a wonderful purchase. Post pictures so I can drool. :)

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  3:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
All this gun talk... I'm a terrible shot! LOL Maybe one of these days I'll try again. And for now I love reading all your stories.

Tammy~ YAY! So happy to hear your son is home safe. I will continue to pray for him.

I'm getting better. It's getting a little easier. I've been working on the living room this week. Almost done with the paint. I will get it finished either tonight or tomorrow. We're planning on doing some yard work this weekend if the weather holds. Then more painting, but this time kitchen cabinets. Did I tell ya'll about the guy I've been talking to on eharmony? It's kinda strange how much we have in common. Not just interests, but priorities. This may not go anywhere and I'm really ok with that. I'm finally getting comfortable in own skin. Really starting to enjoy my own company.

I better go cook dinner. Have fun!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Penny- How funny we are both in the same boat. I read up on the sciatic nerve pain. That is caused by inflammation. There's some exercises, etc. to help with the pain. I went to the doctor and she refilled some medicines for pain and muscle spasms. She also gave me a referral for Airrosti rehab. I'll put the link in below. Apparently it's focused rehab for soft tissue. Soft tissue doesn't receive the same amount of blood flow, so it takes longer to heal. So if you pull a muscle the muscle might heal quickly but the tendons and ligaments, etc. may take a lot longer. I will keep you posted on what happens. Really happy bout your stove. You must bake some bread in it!

http://www.airrosti.com/

Been fighting with the insurance company today. Need to get a screening mammogram done and there are 4 facilities within 10 miles of me. The company has a hospital that is 35 miles away and that's the one they want me to go to. Hello! Common Sense please. They tried saying we were less than 30 miles from the hospital...yeah, if you drive off road. We normally like to stay on the road thank you very much.

Since we're talking guns...my favorite has always been a .22. I have brought down many aluminum cans and one rabbit with one. My feeling is if you know where to shoot that is all you need. I did hear about a gun called The Judge last night. Have you ever seen one of those? It's designed to fire shotshell and .45 cartridges.

I hope you ladies have a great weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  4:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I hate dealing with insurance companies. Flaming morons. Your comment about stayin on the road tickled my funny bone. :) Even if you know where to shoot sometimes you need a little more power. Like if a grizzly bear or moose is charging, it wouldn't matter where you shot that 22 he's not going to be stopped by it. I know one guy that downed a charging grizzly with a 30/30 and I thought he was one blessed man because of it. :D I joke that I want a bazooka when I'm in grizzly country!

I've been purging my house. I had magazines, wonderful magazines all in binders that I've had for up to 18 years. Now they are fantastic magazines but I haven't looked at them in YEARS so why am I keeping them? I'm getting rid of stuff like crazy and each room of the house is starting to look more organized. I'm loving it. I'm even going to get rid of my crib. My daughter will be four in a week and I just couldn't let go of the crib. But I've got it ready to go and I took pictures of it so I can post it on craigslist. Soon I'll have my house purged and beautiful and the children's grandparents will go insane at Christmas and I'll have to start all over. *sigh* How does one instruct the relatives to quit sending so much crap???? I'm not a big shopper so it's not my fault the house is loaded with things. Was, was loaded with things!!!! LOL

Going to a birthday party tonight. Kids are so excited. I kind of am too because it makes them so happy.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  5:48:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, happy belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day!

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile
I am so wiped tonight...the kids really did it to me today lol. It was busy, they had difficulty listening, just rambunctious (moreso than usual!). And it's not even the full moon! Oh well, it's Friday, I have 2 days to myself (well, kinda-maybe). I have a list a mile long to do this weekend, but I have totally slacked off for this week so that didn't help at all. I had some pumpkin tarts from my mom, tea & some pumpkin seeds for supper. Needless to say I'm still hungry! I'll find something, I'm sure. It's not like I don't have any food, it's a matter of what's quick & easy & healthier....

Did I tell ya'll that the dr put me on metformin this week? Due to high blood sugar (in conjunction with the pcos). I didn't think to ask how high, but I'm thinking that a testing meter thing is in the near future (after I get paid again, or at least in a few weeks) just to keep track. So far no side effects (yay!). She also wants to send me to the city to an endocrinologist for the pcos. Yay. How fun. Oh well. If it makes me healthier I'm fine with it.

I think tomorrow I'm going to make a roasted chicken (it's a teeny one), just b/c I'm home & can :). I never make chicken - usually it's just chicken breasts. Something different. Maybe I'll try the brined chicken (instead of turkey). See how much energy I get tonight....

Have a good night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  6:02:08 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - I'm experiencing the same problems with not hearing anything on jobs I've applied for. Frustrating to say the least. Word on the military job at the MEPS is that they might have already had somebody lined up before they had to post the job opening so that might be dead in the water. Applied at Target last night for a seasonal cashier or photoshop position. Web page said there weren't any current openings but I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll be hiring seasonal help. Once my son gets back I can post his address. Right now due to his injured status apparently all packages got sent back to sender instead of being held. Glad I didn't ship anything.

Melanie - I think it's extremely important after a relationship is over, especially a long term one, that we get comfortable in our skins before we attempt another relationship. It helps prevent rebound relationships which never work out. I know I took 6 months after the last guy I dated before I got serious about looking for anybody. When df and I started communicating it was so weird, almost like we instantly recognised that we were soulmates. His friends knew immediately there was something different about me just the way he talked and acted.

Kimberly - I've never had elk or moose but both sound devine lol. There was a weekend retreat when I was in ND for women to learn to hunt from other women. I thought that would be awesome but unfortunately our time and $$$ was limited. Maybe if we are able to move there or maybe a weekend retreat for me.

Penny - I'm jealous! I'd love a wood cookstove. I've had all my cast iron cookware since my grandmother bought me my own set when I was 19 for my Christmas gift. I love that woman and miss her so. She gifted me with my first flute, my first sewing machine, and my cast iron cookware. She definately gave me what I'd need in life to survive :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page