Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:35:02 AM  Show Profile
Mentally ill people can be scary sometimes and other times they can break our hearts they look so miserable and lonely. Unfortunately we have way to many homeless in our area that roam around. Michigan did away with mental hospitals several years ago and if they can't qualify for group homes then they're left wandering the streets or ending up in jails.

PeggyAnn - good luck with the mammogram. The last one I had for a followup left me so bruised I thought the man was going to go to the hospital and beat the tech he was so furious. What made me mad was they knew it was nothing but a cyst and they still didn't get a clear enough view of the cyst so they ended up doing an ultrasound anyway. I could have been saved from the bruising and pain if they'd just done the ultrasound to begin with. That's scary about that guy from Meyers not being caught. People have gotten so desperate and so violent.

I was able to get 7 medallions done for the ornament exchange last night. I wish I had time to do enough of them to give out 3 or more per person but I'll be doing good to have enough tatted to give 2 per person. Maybe if I do some peppermint bark or something like that they won't notice :O)

We had venison steaks last night. It was so funny. My kitty, Moo, was laying next to me so I cut up a couple really small pieces to see if she'd try the venison. This is a cat that won't eat beef or chicken so I wasn't expecting her to do anything except sniff at it. She liked it so much she sat up and looked like she was about to go after my plate. Picky thing. I think she ate about 4 or 5 pieces before I cut her off because I didn't want her to get sick. The pups got a bit chopped up in their kibble too. I have the rest of my steak and some of the leftover scalloped potatoes in my lunchbox today - yum :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Kimberly I am with Peggy on this. It must be unpartiotic to not like Hockey and be Canadian. I am not a big sports fan myself, but I like hocky. Must be the fights.
I am also a big drag racing and NASCAR fan. Go figure. I grew up with brothers and I have for sons. We all are Mud Bog fans and drive in the Mud Bog races in Weiser every year.

Peggy Keep me posted on time and date. I will see what I can do to join you for the day.

Tammy I am praying for the job. Glad the interview went well. Those are always so scary. Even if you have great qualifications.

I am sorry I did not get to the Co-op on Sat to see who made the tea. I will get up there this week or next. I will find out then. Were at the hospital wtih my niece.
I never gave you guys the details so here they are. Amanda was to drunk to drive home so a freind said he would drive her. He said he was fine. He sideswiped two parked cars
and then rear ended a third. He was laughing the whole time and kept knocking the cell pnone out of Amandas hand when she tried to call 911. After the crash he jumped out
of the car and left her there injured. She finally got the phone off the floor to call for help. She broke her arm and stretched some nerves.
The surgery went well and she has a plate and scews holding her arm together. The DR said she was lucky because the nerves that were damaged control her thumb.
If it had been the other nerves she could have lost her arm. They did catch the guy. I have not heard what is going to happen to him. I just want to clobber him.
I know I am suppose to pray for him but it is hard.

Ok on to other things

Cherime My team the Idaho Steelheads play the Alaska Aces. In fact the Aces will be down here before Christmas. We are not sure if we can make it to a game. But usually they are
pretty good games. Close scores and lots of fights.

Julie Happy Anniversary! I understand the working bit. My DH and I both worked on our anniversary and the went out on the weekend. Small town not much to do during the week.

Peggy the rack. LOL I nver thought of it like that. More of a mash and smoosh thing, but still a torture.

It has been cold here and is forcasted to be cold for a while yet. We have a chance of snow on Thursday, but I am not getting excited. They have predicted snow before and we have zero, zip, nada!
Not that I am complaining or anything like that. LOL

We did see alittle snow when we went tree hunting. Not much up in the hill even. That does not bode well for the farmers next year. We need that snow for irrigation next summer.
The resavoir looks like a puddle not a lake.

I am not feeling to great today. I went to bed early last night and left the lunch packing and clean up to DH and DD. They did a pretty good job. My DH does not handle me being sick very well.
He kept asking me if he could do something or if I needed anything. Got to love a man who wants to make you feel better when you are sick.

DIanne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Kaaminii
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Kaaminii
Red Feather Lakes CO
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  08:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow you ladies are active, sign me up as I'm gonna need a lot of support here soon. I've been with the military for 22 years and am in the process of retiring! Moving to the mountains to help my father with my ma who had a stroke 7 years ago and is in a wheel chair as her left side is totally useless. So I am leaving a place I've been for 22 years, moving in with my folks for a while and looking at starting a new life AGAIN and i love cinnamon apple tea:)

Farm Girls Rule :-)

T Kaaminii
Farm Girl #634
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Kaaminii...Welcome!! There is always room on the porch. We love our sisters and our food! Virtual food is the best because there are never calories and it always turns out perfectly. So unlike real life!

I haven't been on here for a few days, so catchin up took me 4 pages!

I am definitely prayin for everyone and I think about you Ladies everyday. My Hubby teases me that I talk about you all more than him so I must love you all more than him! LOL! It is a tough choice!!

I've been helpin a friend of the family with some really tough stuff. The Husband is my Hubby's best friend and they call each other their brother. Hubby is an only child, but the friend has 2 brothers and a sister. He says he has 1 brother(my Hubby) and a sister since his little brother died in the war. His older brother is a scam artist and loves to target the family, so they have all kicked him out.

They homeschool their kids and lately the child protective services have targeted them for educational neglect. I helped them go over their paperwork and pull all their old school records from before they homeschooled and get everything straightened out.

While they were at my house last night the wifes biological father called and wanted to see her. He's only been in her life for about a year now. She went to see him and found out he's the one that has been callin cps on her. She tried to walk out and he grabbed her and pushed her into her truck. My Hubby jumped in and grabbed him before he could do anything else, but the cops got called on my Hubby. He bruised the guys neck cause he grabbed him by the throat. The cops were gonna arrest him because the guy has a fake leg and Hubby isn't handicapped. Then our friend showed her ribs to the cops. They are all black and blue and look horrible! The cops decided to arrest the other guy instead.

It was a really scary and hectic night. We all sat up at our house till almost midnight drinkin coffee and tryin to relax from it. Today our friends go to court for a hearin about the homeschoolin and they are gonna ask for a hearin where the officers that were present last night can come and testify about her biological father. I hope everything turns out okay for them.

I do remember someone mentionin sheets on here. I have a set of regular cotton ones for summer, flannel ones for spring and fall, fleece ones for cooler nights, and newest sheets, Micro Plush!!! They are fuzzy and made from that fluffy material they make stuffed animals from. They are so warm we have to turn the bedroom heat down to 65* or more if we use the comforter too! I love them! They feel like they are prewarmed, I swear it! I got them from LTD. My sister sells it so I get to buy from her. You could look them up online, but I'm not sure how the orderin and stuff works, I just give her my orders and she handles it for me.

Alright...I have been so busy with my friends I haven't done laundry, dishes, or even cooked dinner for days now. I have to get my big duff up off the couch and start workin. The house is a mess and I feel like I'm turnin into a burger! I need cleanin and some spaghetti for dinner. I'm off to refill the coffee pot and see what I can do to empty the laundry room. Anybody got a spare pair of mountain climbin equipment? I think I'm gonna need it to scale the week and a half of dirty piled up in there!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello Kaaminii...welcome, you have found a soft place to land here on the porch. These are the kindest, most compassionate, generous gals in the world. Sorry to hear about your Mom but I'm sure you are a blessing to your folks!

Tammy...Jax is a cutie, I just wanna hug him. My Shih Tzu is 6 and his name is Jake. I did not name him but he was 6 months when I got him and I thought it would be tough for him to have to get used to a new name, so it stuck. He is my baby! I had never considered a Shih Tzu. I had a Westie and she was 12 when I had to have her put to sleep...waited 5 years...then Jake just sort of dropped into my life. So glad he did! :)

Love and prayers to all my porchies!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  11:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kaaminii, I hope to get to know you more...and I agree with Mel....this board has the most loving women on it that you could ever want to meet....jump in we love to have ladies join the group, I haven't been around much do to my stepping off the step wrong and spraining my ankle. But I should be back soon...I am staying in bed with foot elevated....

Peggy, hope all goes well for you...I hate mammograms...I did a quick scan over all the posts so sorry if I miss anything else of importance...it's back to bed for me....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  3:49:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Kaaminii Welcome to the porch. Pull up a rocker and sit a spell. We are here to laugh, love, cry, pray, and help each other.
We love tea and baked goodies

Angela I will say a prayer for your friends. It is so scary when things like that happen. I pray every thing goes ok in court for them.

Penny we just want you well and back at full strength. We miss you when we don't hear from you. Still praying for your ankle.

I am leaving some cake pops on the porch for everyone. They are round cake balls dipped in candy coating
and decotated with sprinkles. Both my DD's made them.

See you all in the morning Maybe I will bring some Blackberry sage tea. That one is made by Republic of China and comes in loose leaf and bag.
See I can be taught. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  6:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kaaminii, I hope you find the Porch as warm and inviting as I do. :D

Bought Quickbooks and I'm familiarizing myself with it. Think I might just jump in there and start doing books, maybe bring in some income to help the family now that the children are old enough that they don't NEED me 24/7 (just 22/7!!!). Thank you to all of you that have been praying for me and mine. Things are improving. Maybe a long way yet to go but I think the crisis is over and now we can work on rebuilding and repairing.

Angela, scary stuff. Glad you are all alright. Hope things work out well for your friends and their family.

Been baking for Christmas. This coming weekend is our Christmas pageant. I hope everyone has fun. That's my goal,that the children have fun. So far so good. Seeing as how they are coming and enjoying it, at least I think they are enjoying it! I'm going to be singing a solo and directing the entire thing so if you want to pray for me I could use it.

Dianne and Peggy, I know, I know. But I can't help it. I just hate hockey. I think in part it is because I don't like sports but maybe part of it is the fact that it was always jammed down my throat. I hate French for the same reason. And now that I'm in the States I feel myself rebelling against Spanish. I don't like being told I have to do something or like something. I'm planning on teaching my children German, Spanish and French Lord willing, so in reality I don't have anything against the languages just the forced part of it!! While living in California I went to a hockey game in Bakersfield. Just so you know, they all can't play hockey. Sheesh I could skate circles around them. I do have a few happy memories in regards to hockey but those were my Bible College days when our Bible School team would play. Such sportsmanship you never saw on ice. And we had FUN.

Bunny, so sad. I do hope that lady is alright. Is there no place for her to get help? No place she can be safe and cared for? I can't believe how good the store was about it. Now a days you hear such horrible stories about folks being so cruel, so nice to hear of some folks being caring.

Penny, take care of that injury. We need you here. Miss your sweetness.

Off to make carmel popcorn with the kids. May the Lord Bless you all during this glorious season.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  7:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I loved that pic of the leaves...I can see it enlarged and framed and hanging on a wall in a room with burgandy,purple&brown carpet upolstery,drapes and such. Nice rich colors! Letting my Artsy-Vartsy side show a little! LOL
I sure hope&pray that your "Mammy" went well!
Welcome to the porch Kaaminii. Plase tell us where your beautiful name came from. And tell us some of your interests,please...Enquiring minds want to know! hahahaha
Boy, I need to find me some of those fleecie-warm sheets. That's something we cold-climate Gals can never have enought of! brrrr!
I did see some last year at Bed-Bath&Beyond. I'll have to check again.
Have a good night Gals!
Praying for my Sistas!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Got my final tests done today. I did great on my business class. Only got 5 wrong. The teacher passed it back and under his breath (in a nice way) said,"Like to know how you did that". I was thrilled with the grade. Accounting I have no idea. It took all class to do the test but my balance sheet balanced! All accounts in the right order, just maybe not in the right column. I won't find out until Thursday. I'm going to school Thursday to sell back my books. It will nice to have a little extra tucked away for emergencies. I hope to find out tomorrow what happened to the shoplifter girl. It will be an easy 4 hour day. But then next week will get busy and longer hours. I'll make it..

Kaaminii, welcome to the porch. Wonderful place here. Hope you can visit often. Everyone is wonderful here.

My son played hockey when he was younger. I loved going to the games, but it was so stressful for me. I would just get too worked up. Not yelling or anything, just getting into the action, holding my breath...It was fun but I haven't watched a game in years.

Dianne, so sorry Amanda ended up in that situation. But glad she is going to be OK. She is lucky to be alive.

Tammy, your Jax sounds like a sweetie. I bet the kids love him. He will be thinking he's all that before long. Little dog ego's with all the love he gets.

Miranda, I love the "is it a cow or a car" comment... I can totally relate. Where I use to live there was a rancher with big Angus bulls. One got out and was hit by a truck on a foggy morning. Poor truck.

Well, mom's at one of her bunco nights so I have the house to myself.
I was a little embarrassed at her today. She is having surgery on her shoulder again next week. So she called the local community Xmas Eve dinner project and told them because of the surgery and being a senior, she couldn't make it to the dinner and would they deliver it for her and me. I'm working that day and just hope they don't come while I'm home. I hate being totally able bodied and her asking for a handout when we don't need it. She is really trying to milk the senior citizen thing to the point of it's not cool. I hate the fact that I need food stamps right now but will be glad for the day I don't need them anymore. But we could have done a nice dinner by ourselves.

Well, going to watch a bit of Netflix and cuddle with the kitties. Night all.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  8:34:53 PM  Show Profile
I got my beehive today. Three of us drove to EUgene, Ore, to Glory Bee, and bought all the parts for the basic hive. We put our names down on the Bee List, so when it's closer to the time when the bees will arrive and we will go get them. Prob. in April. After Xmas we'll get together and nail our various parts together. We still have more equipment to get, like a smoker. I drove, and it was fun, except the roads were frosty.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:46:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome To The Porch Kaaminii. Is that your first name or last name? Glad to have you here and it is a great place to get to meet some of the most special women on MJF. We have a great deal of respect for one another, but we love to tease and laugh together, vent our frustrations, cry together and rant once in awhile. It is a SAFE place to do all of that and know that you are still loved and welcomed with open arms.

Miss Judy...thanks for the Christmas Card and Chocolate Mint Tea. I am indulging right now as we speak. Yummy!

Bunny...thanks for the cool Tea-bag holder (you spoil us) and I can't wait to try your interesting tea pearls. Smells really good. ~ Sorry about your mom, she is probably just doing what she would normally do if you weren't there.
I know that years ago (several times actually) people from our church brought us food baskets at the Holidays. We never asked for them, put our names on any list or anything...but they just knew we struggled financially at times and they wanted to bless us...but I felt so badly that the food wasn't going to some really truly needy family. Because even though we had some struggles...I always felt like God met our needs. But I was told that I needed to accept the gift humbly and appreciatevly and NOT feel badly. (Easier said than done). But over the years God also gave us opportunities to help others. So, it all worked out. But I do know exactly how you feel.

Angela...so sorry about your friends situation. That must have been extremely stressful for all of you. Praying that all will turn out well.
Are your girls excited for Christmas?

Penny girl...so glad to hear that you are healing. But don't rush it...we need you on The Porch, The Swaps and The 50's girls need you too. You help keep things lively and fun.

Kimberly...ok, well if you don't like sports then you just don't like sports. It is what it is girl. ~ Oh, I bet your christmas pageant will be fabulous. So, much fun to work with kids and watch their performances. I miss that. Being in a Big Church we are pretty much seperated from all the kid stuff...which is sad. What is your solo song?

Nan...Congrats on the Bee Hive! You will have to keep us updated once you get your bees and everything. How cool! You must not be afraid of them huh?

Oh, yes...glad the "mammy gram" is over for another year. (I always stretch it out for about a year and a half in between)...because I don't like all their boob stretching on me. LOL They have improved the whole experience over the years but it still can not be healthy to have your boobs smashed flat as a pancake between two pieces of plexiglass. And I always love the "Now hold your breath."...really, seriously...as if you could do anything else. The Clinic I go to ... they have attempted to make the whole room less sterile looking and more spa-like (except for that huge white boob-crushing machine) lol. And today the Technician even brought me a pre-warmed gown to put on. Which was nice... But Ladies...It Still Is What It Is and it still hurts like the dickens...no matter how they try to fancy up the experience. LOL

Went to my Antique Mall afterwards and had a relaxing and enjoyable time. Had a nice lunch, coffee and dessert and found a couple of Vintage Valentine Postcards for an upcoming Swap. Bought a beautiful deep-deep red and white veragated poinsettia plant there too. It is so gorgeous. Took a picture of it to send to my mom and to show you girls but it comes out almost pinkish red in the photo...which is such a distortion from the True Blue Red that it really is.

Well, I got up awfully early today and I think since it is almost one am I better call it a Night.

Oh, before I forget...I just read a really cute story about an Amish girl...the book is called Anna's Gift by Emma Miller. It was written with a humerous lilt to it. Thought I would recommend a fun, light read...to anyone who likes Amish Stories.

OK...I'm off to dream land....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 14 2011 12:53:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  07:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Before I forget! The Snow Monkey Plum Tea is ditributed by Coffee Bean Int. You may be able to Google their site and find a retailer in your area.
They are a wholesale company so I don't know if you can buy from direct or not. I get it in bulk from the Boise Co-Op Market. A great place to shop.

KImberly you are in my prayers every morning. I will remember to add the pagent this weekend. Don't stress!! It will be great. I am jealous that you sing.
I love to sing but have lost the voice I use to have. The goiter and thyriod meds have done a number on the vocal cords. :(

I have seen the Bakersfield team play. The Steelheads play them. We are in a rebuilding period with the Steelheads. Most of the really good players have moved up to
the National teams. I told my DH I didn't even recognize most of the players names. The game we watched was sad :( The Steelys lost 5-1.
I think I could have been a better goaly and I can't skate worth beans. But win or lose you cheer for your team.

I am with you on the forced part of things. Maybe it is human mature to rebel against things that are forced on us. I am not a big football fan for that reason.
My dad loved football, so everyone had to love football!I tried to like it when I was a kid but I never really got into it. Which hard because I live in an area that
is football crazy. Everyone is a BSU (Boise State University) fan. Maybe thats why I am not.

Judy I am with you on the fleecie-warm sheets. I like a warm snuggly bed. My DH would probable throw all the covers on me if I got the sheets. He is like a furnace.
Takes a few minutes but he can really heat up the bed. We have had the flannel ones and they work out good.

Bunny Congrats on the business test!:) Let us know how the accounting test turns out.

Nan That is awesome. I would love to have bees. We all love honey! :) But I live in town and I think the neighbors might get a bit upset with me if I had a hive or two or three.....
Maybe when we find the land that God has for us. I have heard good things about Glory Be. Are they as good as I have heard?

I am holding on for the 21st! The last day pf school is the 20th. All the students are in study mode for finales. There is not much for me to do unless they have a question.
I am taking my GF to Boise for a little shopping and girl time. There is a Tea house in Boise that we have not tried.I think she will enjoy it.
Her DH is not well and some times she just needs a break.

Stay warm on the porch

Dianne (I
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon everybody. It's been a busy morning so haven't had time to take a break until now. Welcome Kaaminii. Glad to have another military person join us :O)

Angela - how horrible. I can't even imagine how upset you were. It was always a concern when I homeschooled that my now ex MIL would call CPS on us because she didn't agree with it. People need to mind their own business. Hope things settle down for the family.

Bunny - glad to hear the exams went well. I'm sure you did fine on the accounting.

Kimberly - let me know what you think of Quickbooks. I've been considering getting a copy to learn it and trying to pick up some work that way also. I'm planning on taking a course through Libery Tax to learn to do taxes and hopefully can get hired to do the data entry for them during tax season. That's an option you might consider. I think all 3 of the big tax services have classes you can take and then you can be hired to do data entry.

Judy - We bought our micro fleece sheet set at Bed Bath & Beyond. You might want to try QVC as they sometimes have really good deals on sheets.

Tonights our big MJF groups party and ornament exchange. I finally said enough was enough yesterday even though I didn't have as many tatted medallions as I wanted. My hands were just getting too painful from doing it so much. I decided to make some peppermint bark to put into the bags also but my white chocolate seized up while I was making it and I wasn't able to get it done. I might try again when I get home. Frustrating when things don't work out. Tomorrow I have dance class and Friday is the party for work so I'll be real glad when the weekend gets here so I can just stay home and relax. I hate going out this time of year. Too many people. Too much noice. I prefer to just sit in the house looking at my pretty tree and read or knit (or whatever) and stay away from all that mess.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  10:19:08 AM  Show Profile
Nan, I think I'm envious. I'd love to do bees. Keep us updated on how that all comes together for you.

Tammy, Looking at the Quickbooks I'm going to say it's beyond simple. You don't need to know accounting to do it. I'm thinking about getting Turbo Tax this year and doing my own. Don't know if I want to do taxes for others or not but maybe if they are dirt simple....... I've considered seeing if any of the accounting firms need extra help during the tax season. I could do the bookkeeping for them so they can concentrate on the year ends and taxes. Actually I could do the year ends too but I'm not going to tell them that!!!!

Dianne, I understand the whole football crazy BSU thing as I lived in New Plymouth for five years. My husband likes football but he's not fanatical about it, I think he just likes football nights so that we can entertain and eat ludicrious amounts of food. Did I mention he's a foodie??? He got a football shaped summer sausage once and he thought that was the cat's meow.

Peggy, I'll be singing Little Drummer Boy. The play I wrote is titled "Little Drummer Boy Christmas". The whole thing is the little drummer boy now an old man telling the Christmas story from his viewpoint having witnessed it, to his grandchildren and in the process leading them to salvation.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  12:59:21 PM  Show Profile
I have a ?, the Hen house how does it work? I went on and I can not see anything.... sorry for not understanding :)

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  2:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Ronee...Welcome to The Porch. The Henhouse only works if you are a paying member of MJF. If you are not then the
Hen House is blocked. But you can join any of the Threads like this one "The Virtual Porch" and participate in
the conversations and you can even do the Swaps and Barters.

Hope that answers your question...and Please feel free to hop riht on here and join us. There is alway room for
another Farmgirl and this is a group of Wonderful Women.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  7:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Evening my sweet porch sisters,
I hope yall have had a wonderful day. It was rainy here and what they would call balmy. Hard to believe in Nebraska in December. But the cold returns tomorrow. Looking forward to getting out of school on Dec. 21. Then vacation...yeah...

Peggy glad you're are done with your mammy. I agree having them flattened like pancakes is really not a cup of tea at all. I didn't get warm pads when I had mine done...hehehe

Penny hope your ankle is getting better. Just hang in there.

Judy thank you for the tea. I can't wait to try it on a chlly afternoon.

Bunny so glad your done with your tests. Now you can relax.

Welcome to the new ladies. This is a wonderful spot to hang out. We love each other dearly.

Well ladies, Jax is ready to play with his toy. It is a regular routine he does. He takes his toy to one of us and we play with him and then he goes to sleep on his bed. I love it. He doesn't like the whole brushing activity each night. But I do it gently and nightly cause he looks very handsome and his coat is not tangled. Miss Peggy how often does a shis shu need to be groomed. I was just wondering. HE is certainly become one of our family. I will post some more pictures soon.

Yall have a great evening
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad you liked the tea pouch and hopefully the tea. You can also use it in rice water for jasmine rice. It's snowing here!
I'm so glad I found out about my engine block heater. My truck will be happy in the morning.

Welcome to all the new farmgirls! I hope you visit often. We are a busy bunch.

Nan, so cool about the bees. Do you live on a farm? I know some people with bees that earn money moving them to orchards for pollinating. I always buy local honey whenever possible.

Went to my last painting class tonight. We just had a little party so pretty much just ate and talked. I have one more day of classes and then work and then I get to be a sloth for 2 weeks.

Left a big pot of beef stew on the porch.... with dumplings.. yummmmmmmy. Sure to warm you up.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...I am mighty impressed that you wrote the play yourself and love your story line. How cool is that?? LOVE IT!
Wish I could hop right over there and watch it. Would love to see the wee ones acting and singing. Such a Special Treat!

Tammy...grooming for Shi Tzu's should be every 4-6 weeks. We usually do it every 6 weeks. But if you let them grow out
with the longer Shi Tzu hair...where they put their top-locks in a rubber band and let the hair grow to the floor...then
every four weeks. I only let Bella grow out that long once and she looked beautiful but it was way too much work. In
our climate where we get so much rain that long beautiful hair gets wet and matts terribly. So I always get her what is called
a Puppy Cut/with a Teddy Bear Face. This breed is prone to ear yeast...so you want to clean their ears alot and make sure
their groomer always pulls the ear hairs out. They also get very itchy dry skin...and I have tried everything under the sun
for that problem...just don't feed them people food...that helps the most. We look forward to more pictures of Jax.

Bunny...I heard that you guys were getting snow tonight. Lucky You! We got rain...but it is suppose to go back to dry
weather after tonight. It is crazy because we never ever get dry Decembers here. I am loving it!
Thanks for the pot of beef stew with dumplings. That is what I call real "Comfort Food" - yummo!

All of a sudden it just dawned on me that Christmas is only a week and a half away. Man o man, maybe it was the move
to the new house, but from Oct - Dec it seems like just a couple of weeks have gone by and yet here it is almost Christmas.
I have lost a couple of months somewhere....Tonight I had to get most of my Christmas Cards done. Usually I have
them out way before this. And I still want to send out some to various Farmgirls and it's like "Don't blink Peggy or you won't
have time." Lol With my husband only working PT now...he is around more and so we do more things together and I don't have
all that free time to do my own thing anymore. Which is neither bad nor good...just different than what I am use to over the
last couple of years.

Today...I could feel the weather change coming and I was in more pain and more tired. So, even though I woke up early...both my
hubby and I went back to bed and slept until one in the afternoon. Then by the time we got out of the house and ran a few
errands...the day was gone. I don't like days like that. I like slow...relaxing...work at your own pace sort of days! You know...
they call it RETIREMENT. Ha Ha!

Well girls, off to bed to read for a little while. Another relaxing slice of the pie....that I enjoy each night. Has anyone
read The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo? I just downloaded the sample of it on my Kindle. Sounds like a real Thriller.

Night My Porchies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 15 2011 12:52:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  09:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I read The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, I liked it but was sad about the statistics stated before each chapter on violence to women in Sweden. If you read it, you will have to read all three. Not a feel good read but about a young girl with brains that gets back at the men that abuse her. The first story is not about her much, the second and third are and she kicks you know what in them.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  4:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Kimberly that sounds like a wonderful play for the children to do. You are tallented to come up with that.

Ronee Welcome to the porch. Pull up a rocker and join in the chat. You made need a blanket this time of year.

Bunny Beef stew with dumplings Yummmmmy is right! :)
You stole my snow!! The weather man said the front that was bringing the snow got weak, so we would not get any snow.
Now I know why it was weak. It dropped all the snow on you! LOL

Peggy I am as behind as you are and I don't have the excuse you do. LOl I am going to get my cards done tonight and in the mail tomarrow!

I had better get off here and get to those cards. I still have birthday cards to mail! I am so far behind :(

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! I check in almost every day, but I haven't felt like "talking" that much. It's just one of those weeks. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday - I don't think I could handle a longer week! It's absolutely ridiculous the things some kids get away with, and how slack some parents are. I know I used to be (when I didn't work in daycare), but I'll probably be the meanest mom out there lol. Or the grumpiest. Anyhow. Welcome to the new ladies to the porch!

I still have Christmas cards/letters to do too. I should really do them, but I'm so exhausted right now, about the only thing I have energy for is sitting on the couch listening to music. Even one of my co-workers commented that I looked exhausted tonight.

Well, I think I'm almost done most of my Christmas presents. I still have my niece's quilt to sew together, but that's a weekend job. Can't do anything properly by the time I get home after 6, so I may as well not make any mistakes that I'm just going to have to rip out anyways. I need to get something for my co-workers (I'm thinking a tray of vanilla caramels with sea salt from here: http://www.two-tarts.com/2011/12/vanilla-caramels-with-sea-salt.html) or something similar. I need 4 more gifts, I think. Hoping I can find something on the weekend, since that's about the only time I have. I don't really have anything for my 2nd niece yet...not sure what to get her. Gotta quiz her mom soon :).

Well, I think I'm going to go turn the tv on & watch some Road to Avonlea again. Sorry I didn't respond to many people...my brain is about mush lately. Thank goodness we get the week off at Christmas, otherwise I'd be going crazy!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:51:18 PM  Show Profile
I'll let you know how it goes. No, I'm not afraid of bees. But then, I've been reading about bees, beekeeping and the people who keep thme for ages. But I"m just doing it. I'm not allergic to the stings. I guess anybody who is, shouldn't keep bees, too dangerous. It will be great, I think. I love creatures, esp. bees.

But it is so wintery. But it was 40-something degrees here today, and raining a little bit. As long as it stay s out of the 30s, it will be ok to drive. I hopeit warms up a bit morew. I remember fondly the years when we'd have a series of storms called the "pineapple express" becuase they came from the South Pacific, and were therefore not cold. Not this year, I think.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  8:03:35 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I just thought I would pop in for a quick hello.

Peggy thanks for the info. I check his ears often and I trim the hair around his eyes too. He is slowly getting used to me brushing him daily. I like to keep his hair untangled. His hair is not real long yet. I tried to up load some pictures. Not cooperating so will try again tomorrow.

Bunny thank you for the very cute tea holder. This is just beautiful and I am anxious to try the tea. It was a nice surprise.

I realized Christmas is week away and I still have lots of shopping to accomplish. Hoping to do it this weekend and then can wrap and bake after school is out on Wednesday. I don't know what happened to this month.

well ladies it has been a busy day so heading to my book and bed. LEft you some Christmas tea and chocolate chip scones.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page