Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Hope everyone is feeling better. I have not been here for a couple of months. So much to catch up on. Things in WV are going very well. We have a new grandson. So Mammaw has been a little busy. I look forward to getting reacquainted.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  8:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just going to quickly drop in to say that I've read the post and don't have time to respond right now but wanted to let all of you know you are in my prayers and thank you Julie for the scriptures...I have put them in my prayer journal. Also wanted to let everyone know that helped me through my son David moving to MI last year, that he has moved back...got back today...he decided he wanted to move back south...so now he is just 2 hours away...everyone that prayers for me...thank you so much...I also want to include a pic of my first crocheted bear I've made for my friends baby Gwendolyn Grace (I call her GiGi) It turned out really cute.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 27 2012 8:41:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  12:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh Penny...they are both so adorable...baby and your bear!!! Nice Job...I have never tried
making animals before. I will say that I am however getting hooked on making Dotee Dolls.
Hope you are feeling better Penny and so glad your youngest moved back closer to his Momma...where he belongs. It is
hard when our Kids move cross-country from us or go Global Job Hunting. (Which my oldest is
checking in to...but I will just have to pray against that...because I don't want my Grand babies
that far away from me...even just for a couple of years. Don't get me wrong...I am all for my
son to go experience that if HE wants to...just not the girls! LOL

Bunny...I forgot to mention how cute your flowers were. I really like them!

Julie...we can all use reminders of those Scriptures! Good Ones Girl! (they're all good, but you
know what I mean!)

Ruthie...I thought I was going to have to send out The Porch Patrol to see where you were. Glad you
popped on here tonight. And Whining is acceptable on the Porch...so don't stay away girlfriend.

Nancy and Kathee...Evening Girls! Pull up a Rocker and lets sip some tea and chat awhile.

Teacher Tammy & Kimberly...where oh were have our little lambs gone????? Yes, I'm talking about you two!

I did not sleep all night last night. I don't know what was going on with my Body ...I felt tired,
but could not shut my mind-off. I went to bed late (or early however you look at it...it was 3:00 am)
couldn't put my book down. Then I layed there and tossed and turned and flipped and flopped and
prayed for everyone and everything under The Son! And at 6:25 I said, "this is NUTS..." so, I got up
and worked on finishing a Dotee Doll that I put up for adoption. Slept for a couple of hours later in
the morning. Thought to myself tonight, early evening...no big deal DH works tomorrow I will just sleep
in. But then future DIL texted me and invited me to go out to Breakfast and just hang around together.
Sounded like fun so I agreed. My youngest son and two of his buddies are going out Target Shooting
tomorrow. Though my son has a license to carry conceled...he is a City Slicker from the word go. More a Lawyer type...not a Woodsman type. Hasn't had his Glock but a couple of months...so even though he is almost 26...he still got The Mother Lecture:
"Be Careful, Have Fun and if anything bad happens...I am going to kill you myself!" That Mom Lecture...
you know the one girls. LOL Oh, I am not against guns but they make me nervous. My dad taught me how to
shoot because I was raised in Montana...everyone knows how to shoot if you come from Montana. But I still
don't like them...and I have personally known several parents whose children...were shot and killed by
their best friends in horrible accidents. It's hard to walk parents through that kind of Nightmare...believe me....and I have
been called upon by God to do it 3 or 4 times...and IF EVER THERE WERE NO WORDS THAT WOULD HELP OR COMFORT...It is then! No parent should have to bury their children. So, My son is going to be prayed
up (for) by morning time believe you me!!! He may be 26 but he is still my baby boy!

Off to bed girls...Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 28 2012 12:08:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  07:53:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello all. Got the move done, the actual physical moving was done over two days. I am bushed.
Bunny I love your flower and the pictures.
Peg, I certainly am acquainted with the toss and turn junk. I usually get up and do something. That seems to help. Although it is difficult when I have to work the next day.
Julie those are some verses I really rely on.
Penny beautiful all the way around.
I am sitting here and intend to relax all day. Had to work this last Friday and will this coming Friday as well. I did not know how much I relished those Fridays off.
We are awash in snow up here and in a deep freeze. -25 this am. Also the moose are in everyone’s yard due to the depth of the snow. They are getting hit left and right on the highway and hitting a moose destroys all but the big rigs. My dog had a moose encounter yesterday and thanks to the deep snow escaped major injury. One man was recently stomped. His wife saved him by attacking the moose with a shovel. Brave lady, those things are huge.
I have finally figured out how to take pictures of my stuff. Started with the jewelry. Will try to post a couple.
Hugs to all and blessings to all. Cherime the earrings are crochet and the necklace is made from hardware fittings.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  09:45:42 AM  Show Profile
ok...I posted a nice long letter to you last night....and...WHERE is it. I wrote it on my Post-It-Notes on here, then transfered it over. It's not here! huh!!! Weird! I told Peg all about Rosemary&Thyme and that I watched the first Season on Netflix,then got Seasons 2&3 at my libraby.The library has them all actually. GREAT show!
We had snow coming down hard at 7 AM, then at 11 it was gone but still snowing. Another WEIRD! Where did (IT) go? Now, at 12:30, it's doing a mix of fine snow&rain. It's 35 degrees.
Sweet baby pics Penny, and love that bear. (um...I have a birthday coming up next week...a gift can be late...lol) OMGOSH...I have a Birthday NEXT WEEK!!! Accckkkkk!!! WOW! That just sneaked up on me! I didn't realize it was THAT close!! Man! hahahahaha
I've had a lot on my mind lately, some little problems that God & I will get ironed out in time! But one problem is that the April Tea Hostess hasn't replied or contacted me at all,and I've tried to contact her numerous times. SO... I'm going to open up April to anybody who wants to join our "TeaBags" Tea Swap. We've already missed January due to a late start, so it would be nice to have a full 11 months so that we can enjoy sharing our favorite teas with our "teabuds." Any takers?
Cherime-love the hardware jewelry...neat idea and so "One-of-a-Kind" chic! I like that idea!
Nice job!
Well, I'd better go dry my hair before it dries like THIS, and I look like a porcupine! LOL
Don't want to scare the cat!hahaaha
Byeeeee!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  09:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Necklace. Very Cool girlfriend!!!

Just typed an entire paragraph on the man the moose and wife. My computer
spit it out at me. Not going to re-type as I am off to Brunch with DIL. Later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  09:48:36 AM  Show Profile
....ok then....there's definately something going on in the "Cosmic-Computer-Airwaves," if it just spit Peg's letter out!!! LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  11:41:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Bunny i never thought about Netflix having "Rosemary & Thyme" I will have to check it out.

Julie I will have to check out Midsomer Murders and Touch of rost. I love a good mystery.

Tammy here is the Sourdough
2 cups sourdough starter
3Tbs butter
3Tbs surgar
3 cups flour
1/4 cup milk
Put starter in bowl. Melt butter, add sugar and stir. Add milk and heat to warm (100 -110 degrees). add to starter and add flour knead for 5 min. place in bread pan let rise till peaks above pan. (this can take a 2 or more hours) Bake 375 for 10 min then 350 for 30 min. Cool on rack.
I heat my milk in the microwave. I have a kitchenaid stand mixer so it does all the kneading. There are a lot of starters on the internet and most of them work. I just used flour and water not the ones that call for yeast in the starter. I leave my starter in a 1/2 gallon canning jar with wax paper over the top. A friend usues a glass canister with the rubber ring removed. I store my starter in the fridge when not in use. Bring it out and feed it 1- 2 cups flour and the same amount of water. let it sit on the counter for 24 hours approx. You need to plsn s little shesd when msking the sourdough bread. I will put the patato bread on latter I ned to pull my bread out of the oven.

Peggy Thank you I know you are there for me and that is what matters the most. It is just hard for me to talk about. I was in charge of the quilting ministry at my Church. I got the job when no one else would do it. I have been heading it up for about 4 years with very little help. Now all of a sudden the Education dept. of my Church decides they should run it and told me how they wanted it done. I said they probably should get someone else to head it up if they wanted to change every thing. The lady that is heading it up will be good at it. The way they handled the situation just hurt me. They have never been involved in the quilting an dnow they decide how they want it done. They didn't come to me they went first to the Pastor and told him they want ed changes made. Is that how you treat a christian sister? As it stands I am no longer involved in the quilting of the Church. I got an email today that told me how they were going to do things and all the wonderful ideas they have for the future of the quilting group. Where were these people and there ideas the last four years when I and a couple of friends have been struggling to keep it going? Ok that if enough complaining. I have placed it all in Gods hands.

Sorry had to leave for a minute. The bread really was ready to come out. The timer was yelling at me. LOL

Julie thank you for the scripture. I know God has plans for me. I read in my devotional that sharks go into a feeding frenzie when they smell blood. Then it said sometimes it is like that in CHurch. We see a weakness and instead of lifting up and encouraging we attack. I have felt very attacked lately.

Ruth Ann your are in my prayers.

Kathee congrats on the new grandson. Picture please.

Penny the bear is cute and the baby is adorable.

Cherime what fun jewlery. I love necklaces made out of diferent things.

The DH is home so I had better get off and see what he has planned for the day. Thank you all again for letting me vent. There are lots of issues right now in my life but that one just hurt.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies. Gives me a bit of hope that I might be able to sell some stuff at the bazaars this summer. It's warmed up to almost 10 above zero. Must go do laundry.
I think that the absolutely amazing Aurora's lately have been sneaking around and messing with cyber space.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, so sorry about your church. Amazing how christian people don't act very christian. That is why I have a hard time joining a church. I have dealt with that one too many times. Sometimes we just have to walk away and move on. I'm afraid I would have said something to the pastor.

Not much going on today. I have homework as usual. My classmate came over yesterday and we got our accounting homework done. Mom still has to wear her sling one more week. Then she can drive again. Monday I'm going to see an attorney about filing bankruptcy. It is the last thing I have to do to move on. I can't afford it right now, but may be able to at least pay her a retainer and get the nasty phone calls off my back. They don't seem to understand what it means to have no job, no house, no assets and no family members willing to loan me thousands of dollars to get out of debt. I have been putting this off for so long. I hoped I would have a job and be able to pay it. But there comes a time when you just have to deal with what is in front of you. I hate bankruptcy and didn't believe in it. But I feel I have no choice right now. I need it to move on with my life.

The weather at least is playing nice. There is still snow on the ground but it gets into the 40's during the day so it's nice. Today the sun is trying to shine.

Well, that's it for now. Sorry to unload about my financials. I just have to get it out somewhere.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Dianne...I have been a Christian for 38 yrs and I am sad to say that I have seen some Christians act
less godly than some of my non-chrsitian people. That breaks my heart to say...but it is so true.

Christ died for the Church and ALL people...but for the life of me...I know that I am a Christian despite
the Church and not because of it. It is because I have a saving and personal relationship with Him. Don't get me wrong...I do attend Church and believe that God wants us to Worship Him with other believers...but
we forget that the Church is run by mere men and women...who are always going to mess things up. I am so
sorry that you were hurt like that; but like Bunny said...boy can we relate. You are going to have to
forgive them and move forward (for you own hearts sake). Don't allow Satan to use that hurt and turn it into bitterness. Bitterness eats away at us from within. I know I have shared this before but it is like YOU
drinking a bottle of poison and then waiting for the other person to die. Who is really going to die?

If you cannot find shelter under His Mighty Wings from their hurtfulness...and resolve that with those
in Leadership...then move on to another place of Worship. We are not Christians because of a Name over
the Door. We are Christians because Of "Relationship" with The Lover of our Soul. You will always NOT
like sertain things that happen in every Church because THERE ARE NO PERFECT CHURCHES. Hope this helps!
Just somethings to ponder. I am praying for God to comfort you and ease your hearts hurt.

Bunny...I know that Bankruptcy Courts were established for people in your position. Who were financially at the end of their ropes. No Home, No Income, No Assets, No Rich Relatives just beating your door down to
give you a bag full of money. Nobody likes having to go that route...but there does come a time where you
realize you have run out of all other options. Do What You Have To Do to move forward, and get a fresh new start. It sure beats all other options.

I am back to bed. Fibro is flaring!

Love ya all,

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm so sorry you are facing such financial woes but many of us have been through the same thing, or at least I have. I had 5 children, a louse for a husband who left me with tons of debts and no money to pay them...he even had the guts to charge women's clothing for someone else on my credit card before I could cancel the account! Phone calls, threats, lawyers, etc...it was a nightmare and only ended when I finally realized that the situation wasn't a sign of my weaknesses. I did everything I could to pay everything off but just kept falling deeper and deeper into dispair. When everything was presented to the court, I sighed, cried and turned my back on the past and started to live a new life. After 11 years, I met and married a man of integrity who has given me a life I never could have dreamed of. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

We're here for you and cheering you on...

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Howdy all! Some of you showed some interest in essential oil recipes to help with pain. Don't know exactly what kind of pain we are trying to help so I'll just give some recipes that I found in the book.

Mix the number of drops indicated in 25ml of vegetable oil

Muscles (painful)

Eucalyptus 5
nutmeg 4
Chamomile 4

Muscles (tense)

nutmeg 5
rosemary 4
palmarosa 4

Muscles (tired)

basil 4
sage 4
rosemary 4

Rheumatism

lavender 6
marjoram 3
cinnamon 3

Spasms

marjoram 5
eucalyptus 4
basil 4

Sprains

marjoram 4
cajeput 4
lavender 4

Joints (inflamed)

lavender 7
rosemary 3
eucalyptus 3

Arthritis

chamomile 6
eucalyptus 4
rosemary 4

Joints (painful)

chamomile 5
juniper 5
rosemary 3

Hope some of these might be helpful. There are a ton of recipes in the book depending on what you need.

We went on our tea party!!! Kids loved it. It was pretty fun.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, so sorry to hear that. But...it will be a huge burden off your shoulders when it's all done & you'll feel so much better! I'll be praying for you {{{hugs}}}.

Peggy, hope your fibro clears up soon for you. Can't be much fun to be in pain all the time. I know when I was, I wasn't as happy & energetic as I could have been.

Kim, those are some great recipes - thanks for sharing! And that picture is lovely! I'm rather jealous :p.

I was going to get a cable to hook up the computer & tv together yesterday, but I forgot. Oh well. Not like I really need it. I have my movies :p. I bought 2 new ones yesterday - Nanny McPhee & The Almighty Collection (Bruce Almighty & Evan Almighty; not sure why they call it a "collection" when there are only 2 movies, but meh). For $5 & $10, I figured it wasn't too bad. Well, I did 2 loads of laundry (& I still have a loonie left over! Yay! lol), and finally got my kitchen & pantry cleaned up. They were beginning to bug me. This week, I'm going to attempt my cleaning schedule. I hate having a messy/unorganized apartment, but I'm so exhausted by the end of the day that I hardly have enough energy to make supper. Let's hope. I bought some more containers for freezer meals yesterday, so I can make more crockpot meals. I love having something available in the freezer that just needs to be warmed up.

Well, ladies, I'm going to go make some supper now. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  7:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Popping in after working. Still have a class to go to tomorrow for work. Dianne, a few things occurred after reading your story. Peggy is right and you should not let it fester. There's something in the Bible about not letting there be a grievance between you and your brother (or sister). I'm guessing you feel you can't talk to the group involved but what about talking to your pastor? Even if it doesn't change the situation at least he will know how you feel. They may have not quite told the truth when they went behind your back. He may think you were in support to begin with. If you talk to him, just tell him how you feel without trashing the others, even if they are a bunch of no good snakes in the grass. If you can't talk to your pastor, you could always write a letter and send it or burn it. And you never know, the new group may find it too difficult and may ask you to take charge again.

Have a great evening ladies. Hope to write more tomorrow.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Well we had high winds all day...AGAIN!!!This evening we had some snow, not much maybe an inch. We'll see if we get some more tonight.
Peggy...all I can say is AMEN!!! Well said!!!
Kimberly, great list...what book is that! Love your daughters hat...so cute and girly!*giggle*What did you have to eat with your "Tea?" Lovely place!
Well, my sister said she'd take April in our "TeaBags"TeaSwap! She said that we had so much fun last year that she wanted in on it too. She hasn't been on here in quite awhile, been over on the "Over 50's" thread more, and now her puter is down, but I told her I'd put her on the list and tell you all that we are finally full and ready to roll.So...now I can pull the list of addresses together and get it out to you all. I have February, so there's no hurry.
Is EVERYBODY READY FOR SOME.......TEA???? LOL Allright then!! Let the fun begin!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone

First let me say thank you again for all you words of comfort, wisdom and encouragement. I have forgiven them and I have had to do that more than once as things keep coming up. I have wondered if God is preparing me for something else. As with all things I will leave it in His hands.

Buuny been there done that! It was not fun but it put us in a beeter position. We were able to move forward instead of being drug backwards.

Peggy I know everything you said is true. It still amazes me when it happens though.

Kimberly thank you for the recipes. What book did they come from?
That is a great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Thank you. You made me smile. I don't know if I would go back to leading the group. I am wondering if God has other plans for me and is cutting ties here for a reason. I have found that when things like this happen, God usually has a reason.

DH and I took a drive yesterday. We decided that we wanted to see snow. LOL About 15 miles north of us we found snow. Wouldn't you know it. We are right on the edge. I am so moving north!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  08:14:43 AM  Show Profile
hahhahahahaha....Dianne, you are so funny....ready to move just to be closer to snow, by 15 miles! Toooo funny!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...it does kick the legs out from under us every time, when Christians don't act Christlike. Remember
that when Jesus walked this Earth, those who should have known Him best (the Jewish Leaders), those who poured over the Prophecies of a coming Messiah...knew Him not and rejected Him. Sooooooo sad, but People
are People and Self-righteous people are the worst. ~ You have the right attitude and insight: God probably does indeed have something in His Plan and Purpose for your life...that you cannot see yet. Hold on to that
and anticipate the revelation of it. That always excites me...when I see God's working but I am not sure
exactly what is going to happen...but I know my Lord well enough to know that what ever it is...it will be for His Glory and my benefit. It gives me goose-bumps of excitement!

I must laugh with Judy over your snow delimna. I can find snow about a half an hour away and I say Thank You Jesus...it's there and I'm here. Snow is beautiful but if I want it I will go to it. We only get maybe
at the very most one to two weeks of snow a year. Most often 3-5 days. But I was raised in Spokane and Montana where we got TONS AND TONS OF SNOW. And in Montana in the winter it was nothing to get -10 to -40
degree weather (and that wasn't wind chill factor). So, when we moved here 26 yrs ago...I had, had my fill
of SNOW and COLD! And I never liked the cold. So, I wasn't in to snow-sports at all.

Judy...glad to hear that your sis is going to step-in and take April. What a sweetheart she is! Anyone that
gives French-Hugs and Squeezles is always "high-up" on my list of good people.

Kimberly...darlen picture of the Family at Tea. Tell your DH and Son that Miss Peggy was impressed that they
were "MEN-enough" to go.

How come they put eucalyptus in all those Essential Oil Recipes? I can't stand the smell of that and
neither can my family. And I am allergic to Juniper and Rosemary. That is sooooo sad. I wonder if I just
tried the first one without the eucaplytus if it would still have the muscle relaxing properties in it????
Of Coarse for Fibro Patients...all muscle relaxer remedies are just temporary. A great massage helps for about 1/2 hr to an hr. And ointments and creams about a half an hour. HEAT seems to work best...as long
as you can stay in bed on a heated mattress pad or use an electric blanket or heating pad...but you don't want to do that 24/7 believe me.

Nancy...seems like we have had some snakes in the grass husbands in the past huh? But boy does it make you
appreciate a good man when you find one. They are just hard to find though. That's why I've kept this big guy for 26 yrs (he does those quirky male things, liking leaving clothes and dishes all over) but in the
whole scheme of things He is a Keeper & Sweatheart!

Well, I am either going to go finishing preparing Thursdays Bible Study or I am going back to bed for awhile.

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 30 2012 09:52:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, yes, my ex was a snake, a skunk, a real jerk but I chose him. I plead temporary insanity and paid dearly for the mistake. My sweetie is a truly good man and as you said, they are hard to find. He, too, leaves his clothes on the floor or on top of the hamper which really mystifies me. But he thanks me for every meal, good or bad, tells me every day that he loves me so I think he's a keeper. I have girl friends lined up to have dibs on him if anything ever happens to me. Yes, they have told me that he will never be lonely. I guess that's supposed to be a comfort to me but I think I'll have someone test my food and my brakes from now on.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
[i]Originally posted by herblady55[/i

ok...I posted a nice long letter to you last night....and...WHERE is it. I wrote it on my Post-It-Notes on here, then transfered it over. It's not here! huh!!! Weird! I told Peg all about Rosemary&Thyme and that I watched the first Season on Netflix,then got Seasons 2&3 at my libraby.The library has them all actually. GREAT show!
We had snow coming down hard at 7 AM, then at 11 it was gone but still snowing. Another WEIRD! Where did (IT) go? Now, at 12:30, it's doing a mix of fine snow&rain. It's 35 degrees.
Sweet baby pics Penny, and love that bear. (um...I have a birthday coming up next week...a gift can be late...lol) OMGOSH...I have a Birthday NEXT WEEK!!! Accckkkkk!!! WOW! That just sneaked up on me! I didn't realize it was THAT close!! Man! hahahahaha
I've had a lot on my mind lately, some little problems that God & I will get ironed out in time! But one problem is that the April Tea Hostess hasn't replied or contacted me at all,and I've tried to contact her numerous times. SO... I'm going to open up April to anybody who wants to join our "TeaBags" Tea Swap. We've already missed January due to a late start, so it would be nice to have a full 11 months so that we can enjoy sharing our favorite teas with our "teabuds." Any takers?
Cherime-love the hardware jewelry...neat idea and so "One-of-a-Kind" chic! I like that idea!
Nice job!
Well, I'd better go dry my hair before it dries like THIS, and I look like a porcupine! LOL
Don't want to scare the cat!hahaaha
Byeeeee!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everybody! Saw the doctor Saturday morning. Chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia, breathing treatment, and 4 prescriptions later I am starting to feel better. I think the breathing treatment really helped. Wish I had a nebulizer at home to use. I have a mass of congestion in my left lung but it's not pneumonia yet. Hopefully with the antibiotic, steroid taper, and bronchodilators it won't develop into penumonia either. I have a massage today so I'll have her work on breaking it up again.

I did feel well enough to go grocery shopping yesterday even though it was snowing pretty good. I was quite proud of myself. I found a deal at one of the local fruit and meat markets for 25c lb chicken leg quarters! I'm lucky to find a deal around here with them on sale for $.99 lb. 20 lb max so I bought 20 lb. For $5 we will have 10 meals, $.50/meal. I also went to another store that had Jimmy Dean sausage rolls on sale for $.99, regularly $3.50. I had a coupon for $.55/2 - unfortunately they don't double coupons. I grabbed 4 of those, 2 maple & 2 sage. Then my planned coupon shopping trip to Kroger - before sale prices & coupons my total was over $91. I had over $15 in coupons and almost $27 in sale prices and mega sale discounts = out the door total was $50.93. Wish I could do trips like that more often!

Dianne - thanks for posting the sourdough starter recipe. That's horrible how that group did that to you. I have to question the pastor's behavior for allowing it. He had to know the way this was allowed to go down that feelings were going to be hurt. It's one reason I have nothing to do with churches any more.

Bunny - Having gone through it myself, I can tell you it will be a load off your back when you do it. I also worked for an attorney's office that did bankrupcies. The average bankrupcy here runs $1500-$2500 depending on how much you have involved. A basic one should be about $1800. Typically they'll have you pay the cost of the filing up front and then a monthly fee. If they won't do monthly payments find another attorney. There's also counselling you have to do which runs I believe $75 for the first one at the beginning and $30 for the second one at the end that most don't know about.

Kimberly - thank you for posting all those. I'll print them out and store the list with my EO's.

Well the CPT just walked in so I need to get back to work. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Judy, this is Jan, I had signed up for April and had sent you my information, I thought. I guess I didn't do it correctly.
Anway if you would send me your email address I will send you my info again. Sorry for the confusion! My email address is fabraholic4@yahoo.com. Thanks

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Sorry forgot I wanted to share this.

For those with Kindles or Kindle apps - they have a mystery that some of you might be interested in that's free as of this morning. "I Shall Not Want - Psalm 23 Mysteries" book 2. by Debbie Viguie.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  11:24:38 AM  Show Profile
The Book is called "aromatherapy blends & remedies" by Franzesca Watson. There's over 800 recipes in it. I just typed in one for each but there are others that might not use the ones you are allergic to or dislike. I made a labour oil recipe for when I had my daughter. With her I had a lot of back labour and you mix that with my back injury and I felt like my back was being twisted and ripped in two. I had that oil massaged in and instant relief. I LOVE essential oils. With muscle spasms my favorite one is helichrysum. It's an anti spasmodic that works wonders on me. I also found a mixture called "Muscle Mend" that I have a huge bottle of and use regularly. I'm not an aromatherapist but I've been using oils for years and have found them to do amazing things.

Dianne, I get what you are going through. I've often thought I'd make an excellent hermit if it meant I didn't have to put up with people. I always have to remind myself that the church is made up of people. Sure we're christians but what exactly does that mean? It means we are flawed sinners who have been saved/forgiven. We're still flawed sinners. And I..... well I'm the furthest thing from perfect I've ever met.......

The tea party was great. Isn't Nikole adorable in her hat??? :D They served two types of tea, little sandwiches, croissants, scones, yummy sugary things and they had lemon curd and devonshire cream etc for the scones. It was very nice. Both my children thought it was fun and want to do it again. We were dressed up rather nicely as you can see in the picture and so got some strange looks while doing our shopping but when we went out for dinner one lady came to the table to tell us how nice it was to see a family dressed up so nicely and that she loved the children's hats. You know what? I think people actually miss the days when folks dressed with some respect and took some care with their appearance. I know I do. While at the tea party a couple came in to shop and saw us there the man was all confused by what we were doing and the woman said, "They're having a tea party. What a wonderful thing to do!" We saw them again when we were leaving and she smiled a huge smile and asked my daughter if she had fun and then complimented her on her beautiful dress and hat.

Bunny, so sorry you are going through this. It can happen to anyone, things just happen and life loves to throw curve balls. I hope you can get things done and claw your way back up to where you want to be.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page