Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  08:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Much love and sympathy Peggy, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard and hurts so much. Praying and praying for you, and for comfort.

Porchies, in my house hutn I've found this one.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8989-NW-Kinglet-St-Seal-Rock-OR-97376/60373408_zpid/

The colors are, well, colorful. It has two ponds. It has a huge garage. I snooped yesterday but haen't been inside yet. Eek! Feeling overwhelmed. sitll online shopping, but there's someting about this place that makes me grin. A porch! I could have a chicken tractor, bees, small garden. The front yard is moslty a septic drain field, which means planting very shallow stuff. Or leaving alone for chicken pasture with the tractor. Money at this point is an issue. I think. Dunno how God will work this out, or if this is the one.

Prayers for wisdom and tell me what you think. Trees all around! Lots of birds! water lilies already there!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  08:55:43 AM  Show Profile
Peggy so sorry to hear about your loss... I know how badly that hurts *hugs* and it's going to be rough, but you will get through it with happy memories.

Well, just over 3 more hours in the work day. Taking off early as I have the annual meeting to go to tomorrow. It all works out because Josh and I are going to go look at houses today *GLEE* Two of them are on at least an acre, and we believe they are near his sister. I realize now that I am terribly nervous, and it's all starting to become very real for me, but this is not a bad thing at all.

Funny story I had to tell! A couple of years ago, I was at the Texas State capitol for a rally, and it was hot as hades outside. I wandered inside to get a drink or something, and another woman asked about the bathrooms. The ones in the rotunda area were full, but I knew about more further into the building. I raised my hand and said "we're going on down this way a ways, then we'll make a right" but motioned my hand left. Well, a man walked by and I knew he was a legislator, and he smiled and said "That's your left," and chuckled. I was embarassed, but chuckled along with him. Well, this morning I was looking at the online edition of our local paper and happened to see this familiar face... it turns out that the legislator that got a good chuckle out of me was the speaker of the Texas House of Reps, Joe Straus!!! Holy night, what a fun story to share with the kids some day. HA!

I didn't get started on my apron last night but if we get home early enough, I may try for tonight. Otherwise, I'll have some time this weekend.

With the horrible storm the other night, it's such a pretty day today! Cool with bright sunshine and beautiful wildflowers everywhere... I just about bumped a curb staring at the Bluebonnets, again. After the horrible droughts we had last summer, it's glorious to see our wildflowers look so gorgeous!

Well, I guess I should pretend to do some work. It's hard to get into anything when I only have a few hours in the office. BUT I'm not complaining! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  10:02:05 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, my heart is breaking for you and your loss. I know many of us know exactly what you are going through. Big hugs! Hope to hear from you soon.

Oh, Nan, I so hope you can get that house. I love it. The house sounds like just the place for you! If it is meant to be, it will happen. I'll say a prayer for you.
I'm looking at "tiny houses" Google it. My hope is someday to be able to afford one and than I just need a place to park it. My kids want me to move south around Ashland or Medford. That way I'll still be in Oregon but close enough to see them more often.

I took my first final yesterday. I had an A in the class for about a week. But only got a B on the final. I still think I got the high score in the class. I only missed 9 questions out of 60. Tomorrow is my accounting final. Don't know if I'll do that well on it. I'm still at a B in that class. I just have such high expectations for myself and know at my age I need every advantage to get a job when I'm through.

Not much else going on. Worked on a little goodie to send out with my tea exchange in June. It's raining today. I kind of like it. It is so hot and dry here in the summer. My son told me at my old home in California they are getting snow. I do miss my old home. I actually miss living in the forest the most. That's my main goal after all this is done. To get back to the woods and a tiny affordable house I can call my own.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  11:54:17 PM  Show Profile

It is 11:30 pm and I just went outside and shot this picture. Most snow we have had.
Weird to have a Spring Snow. Guess it is happening all over the Country...either strange
warm weather or strange spring snow or rain.

Thank you for all your prayers...I am really struggling with having had to put Bella down because
it boiled down to a money issue. She could have been saved...had we the money to pay the $1250.00
dollars that night (though they told us that she would have to stay in emergency for 2 nights and
besides the surgery the bill could have gone easily to 2,000). She probably would have been blind
but dogs can adjust to that. The problem was...she is the aggresser (the female alpha) and the Vet
said most likely this would re-occur again. She had attacked Snickers that Monday afternoon. Un-
fortunately I did not know that he caught her in the eye with his toenail trying to get her off
of him. When I discovered she was hurt...her eyeball was a huge ball of blood pertruding out of the
socket. Anyway...when all is said and done...I feel like I murdered my Beautiful little dog. She would
have survived had we just had the money to save her. We live on a fixed income and we just didn't have
it. And even if we had been able to this time...probably the next time we wouldn't have been able to.
I can tell you, that living on a fixed income is always a struggle at best...but never has it been so
horrible as the other night. To have to choose between life and death because of money...is just something
that should never happen. Why can't Vets take payments on huge amounts of money like that???????? I
don't get it. Right now, I need God to help me forgive myself because I have a boat load of guilt and
shame.

Please continue to pray for me. My husband isn't struggling like I am...but then again, she was my dog.
This is going to take me sometime to work through. As it was we still had to come up with $400.00 to
put her to sleep and cremate her. We had to borrow that money from our youngest son. It is just all
too much to handle.

crying and dying inside,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 22 2012 10:26:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  02:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I am so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up. You didn't murder your sweet dog. You did the best you were able to for her. Life isn't fair, sometimes we have to make tough decisions. I'll be praying for peace for you as you grieve.

I know I sound like a broken record but please keep praying for me. God is hearing and working. I'm going to have one whopper of a story to share with you all! Today is the first time that I've felt true hope that all can work out well since the 8th. I call the 8th my Night of Hell. There's still so much to work out and none of it is going to be easy but Lord willing....... Things have improved enough that I'm able to eat again!!! Darn it, I may gain back some of the 10lbs I lost!!!! lol Sorry, just need to find humor in it all somewhere. Thank you all for being there for me. Considering I've never met any of you I feel like I have a support system with you. And I have some wonderful ladies here that have been there for me like I never thought someone could be. I feel blessed. And my parents..... once again they've come through like no parents should have to. I sent one text to my Daddy. It said, "Come" and he was instantly on the road and drove all night to be here for me. Not many are blessed with parents like mine, I thank God for them and I pray I can be such a parent to my own precious children.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  05:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, still praying for you. I know all about vets. They are more expensive than human drs. My schnoodle last year died because she had abcesses teeth and we could not afford to take her to the vet either. The poison went tthrough her body and she had to be put to sleep. It cost us over $700.00 a few years before that for her teeth, and we just could not afford it again. I felt the same way, and so did my husband. After 2 month, we got a yorkie given to us, that helped ease the guilt that we felt. We know she is in a better place now, but it is so hard and to have her suffer like that. Know that we are here for you when you are ready to talk. We are very good listeners.
Well, we had a little rain overnight and it is supposed to rain for the next 3 days, so will be working indoors today, maybe get after the dust bunnies before they take over. Have a great day.

Janet
Kimberly, Prayers for you too. I hope evrything starts to settle down for you real soon

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies!

As it's been said before, I agree... we may have never met, but y'all are a wonderful support system.

I was going to share a big long mess, but decided not to. I'm sitting here in my office with tears about to start streaming down, and I just don't think runny mascara would be a good thing

Wanted to update y'all on the house search. Josh and I looked at 4 houses yesterday, and fell in love with 2 of them. One is out in the country on about an acre. It has a 2 bed 2 bath house and a 1 bed 1 bath guest house. There's just enough room for a couple of goats or, if I can maybe talk him into it, a few chickens. It's a lovely place!

The other is in town, in a nice little neighborhood called Presidential Meadows. It would still qualify for a USDA loan because of the town it's in, even though it's in a subdivision.

Our agent is going to try to set us up with someone to stary the pre-qualifying process, which scares me to death, wondering what they're going to be able to do for us.

I'm so happy and scared all wrapped up in one!!!

We didn't get home till around 7 and I was so tired, I ended up napping on the couch. Josh had to pull my boots off for me, bless his heart LOL So, I didn't get started on the apron STILL. *sigh* Hopefully soon!!! I'm off early Saturday afternoon, and off all day sunday. Maybe I'll get to work on it then!

I hope everyone is having a good day. The sun is out, the wildflowers are in FULL bloom, and it's just lovely in Austin today!

Take care, y'all!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  08:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is awful and I know how it hurts. Hold on to all of the precious memories and that will help get you thru. Saying a special prayer for you.

Discovered a few days ago that my mare has developed cresty neck! So have moved her to a dry lot and cut way back on her grain and hay. I have only been able to go out and exercise her once, it has rained for the last three days, but the sun is out today so I will be able to give her a little walking workout today. Yea!!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I know that story all well. Vets are a pain. I have one up here who is willing to at least let me break the bill in half if I sign a promissory note. Thank God for that. The other one I used to have that took over $1,000 to give my old boy a couple of more years would not take a post dated check or even wait 3 days until pay day for a smaller $160.00 bill. But you did the best that you could. It most certainly is not your fault that they are so difficult to deal with. I know that we are all going to have quite a reunion in heaven with all those wonderful little creatures that made live so much better here. After does it not say that Jesus will come riding on a horse? And I know for a fact that one particular branch of the Jewish realm believes that where ever you see the donkey in scripture, that it is the same donkey each time. Big Hugs!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  09:15:11 AM  Show Profile
We all talk about meeting with Daddy on "the porch" some day. He always wanted a big house out in west Texas, with a big huge horse, square in the middle of a ranch. So, when we passed away, we decided Daddy was just on the porch, waiting for us. We also decided my uncle, who passed 7 years before Daddy did, was chasing our cat, Sackett, around up there, too. When my Aunt passed, she was running with the horses on the ranch, and all the little fur babies we've lost are on the porch with Daddy. I figure, Grandma is up there herding turkies and Grandpa is watching her, just as he did when he decided he wanted to marry her. PawPaw is cat-fishin' and my brother's rooster, John, is probably giving PawPaw heck!

What is it about porches?

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy... *HUGS* I'm so sorry.

Things have been hectic, porchies, but my thoughts and prayers have been here! One of the offices where I work is relocating, so packing up to move is a turning in to a special kind of nightmare. (Boss disconnected the phone and internet almost three weeks early because she thought I could just tap into the tenants' wireless...yeeahno, especially since the computer is too ancient and fragile to handle WiFi.) Ric's tests so far have come back clear; the current theory is that he had an infection in his large intestine that has since cleared up. He starts his new job today!

I found out yesterday that a young man who works at our bank is apparently infatuated with me (would explain why he's always been a bit cold towards Ric!). I'm just going to avoid him as much as possible until he gets over it, but since he's often the only teller it's going to be awkward. *laughs* I guess I can be a 35-year-old hausfrau and still have "It," whatever that means!

Ric, incidentally, thinks it's "cute." Apparently he takes it precisely as seriously as I do--which means, not at all!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  11:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- so sorry to hear about Bella. I'm sure you have laid it all out before God. I doubt God sees it as murder. It will take time but I hope you are able to forgive yourself. I know no one sees you as an awful person.

Thanks for the well wishes Miranda and Dianne. I just have next week left for training and then my schedule will be back to normal. I managed to get out and plant a few things today. It's probably not well planned but if it grows it will be pretty. I put eggplant with blue corn and some tomatoes with some cucumbers. Next week I hope to plant some more corn and beans. I was on the ball with the garden until this training thing happened. I still have tons of lettuce. I picked 18 gallons the other day. Been trying to give it away. Waiting for the carrots to...turn into carrots. Survived the storm the other night. That's the one thing I hate out here is the wind.

Other than that I read the Hunger Games and liked it. Not too violent or graphic. Good story. Trying to clean up and do small jobs around the house and keep things straight. Read a good motto: Don't put it down, put it away. Well, that's about it for now. I'll pop in again and will be looking forward to when my life is back to boring.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  11:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, it is awful that money becomes the factor in deciding to keep a pet alive or not. But guilt is from the enemy. You did the best you could at the time, and that's all any of us can ever do on any day. But it is so hard. I felt terrible because I tried to keep my older cat Boots alive after his body went bad after having his teeth cleaned. He couldn't eat and his liver got fatty and started to fail. The vet and I thought he could be saved, but he couldn't. He suffered a lot and it was my fault because I wouldn't let him go. And then I decided it was God's fault because, hello, is your arm so short you cannot save? I think I was too upset to listen to him. And I just won't let go of my pets when I should. I charged it all to my VISA.But my vets will let me make payments. But hten I've known them a long time. When I took Miranda in for an emergency last year, the vet met me, but we didn't talk about money. I dealt with that when I went back to get her the next day.

So maybe switch vets?
But in any case, it's just awful. It's not your fault. Your darling is with Jesus, probably trying to harass my Troika or Ariel kitties, which they don't tolerate. Oh, but in heaven they are made perfect, so maybe they will play together. we will see them again. It's just we don't see them now.

I love your house hunting stories, Miss Miranda. I get to go see a Realtor today. My pastor said I have to have an agent working for my interests and to help me with all of it.
I have to look into this USDA loan thing. I am in a rural area, and this house in particular is zoned rural.

I'm pooped today after a very busy day at work, which my workmate and I handled very well.

I'm praying for all of you. Kimberly, good that you have some hope.
Oh my goodness, ladies, isn't life peculiar?
Praying for all of us, good news and bad, times of trial and suffering and joy. I think of you during my days and pray, too.

God bless us every one.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Awwwe Nan! *hugs*

Julie I'm so envious that you're at least getting to garden! With this impending move, I don't want to get one started only to have to leave or uproot :( I feel bad enough that I haven't properly planted my darling little bluebonnet!

And I waited ALL YEAR for my carrots to become carrots and they just sat there and ARGUED with me. Darn carrots!

Well, y'all, I have created a habit... some would say bad, others would say good. While on my lunch break I delved into my new magazine and started jotting notes all through it!! It started with the wedding dress thing and is moving on to the wall treatment article before that, and even an ad for chickens, and advice! Trying not to get my hopes up, but I would so love to have my own hens... there is NOTHING like farm eggs!

I think I am going to re-start a notebook I was working on when I joined the sisterhood. After the holidays took so much out of me, I gave up on that, but it's become such a boost to my morale, that I am getting back to the merit badges and, once we get settled, I will re-start my Farmgirl chapter.

If it wasn't for this dang meeting tonight, I'd be headed home in about an hour and a half and re-doing the entire kitchen. BUT if it wasn't for the meeting, I wouldn't have had a half day and time to go with Josh and Kevin (our agent) and look at those houses... so I will remember that, too

Well, there's some sort of commotion in the lobby, so I'm gonna go be nosey!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  4:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so sorry you had to be put in such a difficult position. I think Vets require money up front because they have a hard time getting paid. Quite a few people have a hard time paying a vet bill for a pet that didn't make it. There is no good way to deal with it and there is never a good way to say goodbye to a pet regardless of why.
Just take one day at a time.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  7:45:37 PM  Show Profile
I only have a minute before bed. I just wanted to share two quotes from a show I just watched.

"Life is a terrible thing to happen to a person."

"The afterlife should be a piece of cake after this life."

I got to gigglin and thinkin how right they were. Just had to share.

Goodnight all!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  9:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Nice Angela. I'll go to bed giggling.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  08:12:11 AM  Show Profile

Good Mornen My Porchies...
This is a picture that I felt best descripes how you all
have held me up tightly with your love this week. See I'm the one squished in the middle of all that togetherness. Farmgirls...snuggling in close when another is needy and ready to fall of the wire of life.

It has been a week of tears, gut-wrenching sorrow and extreme grief. But this morning I sit at my computer feeling rested, peaceful, prayed for, encouraged, comforted and held close by each of you. That is something all the money in the World cannot buy...Only God and only You have gotten me through this week. Thank You! I have read each post, every personal email and felt every prayer wrapped tightly around me. I am amazed at how you have all ministered to me and held me up to The Throne of God.
Again, Thank You!
Each shared story has bolstered me and made me realize that we are not the only ones who have been forced to make tough decissions based on limited income and circumstances beyond our control!
Today I can forgive myself...and move forward. Will I still miss her terribly...YES! Will I still have moments of weepiness over my loss...YES! But I will try to concentrate on how Special she was and that she is waiting for me and that my loved ones who have gone HOME before me are watching over her now and caring for her...until we are all re-united once again.
It is with a grateful heart that I say...I Love Each Of You for holding me UP this week.

Hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 23 2012 08:13:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  08:28:57 AM  Show Profile
God bless you today Peggy, dear. I'm so glad you are comforted today. I will keep praying. Don't forget what a blessing you are to the rest of us, with your posts.

I met a Realtor yesterday, and it turns out that she goes to the Waldport Foursquare Church. I go to the Newport Foursquare Church. She also happens to live right behind the property I'm looking at. What a coincidence. She sent me to a banker who can help me sort out all the money issues. So I'll start filling out forms online. When we know more about all that stuff, they can be of more help.

There seem to be a lot of coincidences to do with this property.
Got to go to work and be cheerful. Please pray for the office and the people there, that they will hear God's call and let him lift them out of the pit of misery they are in.
love
nan
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm glad you are finding a bit of peace. It does take time. I still miss my big lug Scooby and have a cry every once in a while. It's been two years. P.S. I love that birdie picture.. it is one of my favorites.

Nan, I so hope the house works out for you. Funny how things come together. But the bank is the biggest hurtle. Let us know how it goes. I'm rooting for you!

I'm done with school for a week. Sigh.... I had an A in my business class and the top grade in my accounting class for about a week. Then I took my final. I'm down to a B. I know I got a good score on my business final but still missed too many to get an A. My accounting final was terrible. I missed stupid things. I think I just over thought it too much. I was bummed to see I had the top percentage in the class only to lose it the last day. But I will have 2 A's and at least 2 B's for this quarter. Then I get to start all over again in 9 days.
Not going to school this summer. I need to figure out what I'm going to do. I would like to just stay home and sew and write some quilt patterns. I would love to get them online and see if I can earn a bit of money from them. Hopefully my pet sitting will bring in some money too. I'm also thinking about doing another little business on the side. I want to help elderly people pay their bills on time and do their bank statements each month. I'm trying to get my courage up to put a brochure together and then go to the senior services here in Oregon and see if they will refer me to people. I will basically be a personal bookkeeper. I'm just not great at having the courage to take the first step.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  10:40:58 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies! It's been an unbelievably busy week. Absolutely beautiful weather here although it's supposed to rain today. It had rained overnight but it was clear when I left for work this morning. Good news ladies - I finally scored a job interview for this afternoon!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

PeggyAnn - I am sooo sorry girlfriend. Having to put down one of my dogs for medical reasons because I can't afford treatment is a serious concern for me right now with 3 geriatric dogs so I can definately feel your pain. Petco has various levels of pet insurance in their vet clinics but I wasn't happy with their vet clinic when I tried them out. Since then I know there are several newer pet insurance plans. Unfortunately I can't afford that either. I guess the only thing we can do is hold each other and try to sooth each other's pain.

Janet - One of these years I'm going to finally get up to the UP. I've lived here in Michigan for over 10 years now and still haven't gotten up there. Df's brother is going to school up so it gives us a bit more inititive.

Bunny - A "B" grade is not a bad thing. I'm the same way about expecting perfection out of myself. Even when I got 4.0's I would point out I could have done better LOL I don't really think they even look at the grade point averages for people our age - I think they just look at the fact we chose to improve ourselves and get a degree.

Okay girls I'm off to finish up my work day so I can get ready for the interview. I'll let everybody know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed that they offer me the position today. That would just be perfect :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile
TAmmy, let us know what happened at the interview.

Thanks for the encouragement,Bunny. The sun came out today, so after work I went back to look at that house again, to see how it is in sunlight. It's lovely, peaceful, quiet. There are birds in the surrounding woods. The ground is a little boggy. I noticed water loving rushes (or grasses) here and there. I now understand why they put the septic drain field up on a slope. If they left it down near the house it wouldn't drain properly. But there is still al ot of room for garedening.

I need to see the inside, though, to see if it is big enough and in the right way for my life and stuff. It will need repainting. Even the red living room is rather worn. I think a very pale yellow would be great. it would lighten it up a lot. There is a bank of windows facing west, and when the sun gets right overhead in the summer, and moves down to the west, there will be sun and warmth in that big room. I want to take my firend with me. She's a big help about these sorts of things.
The carpte in the rather small bedrooms is icky, and I would rip it out and replace it with some kind of bare floor immedieately> And what would work best is to do painting and floors before I move in. But of course, this is all in cloud cuckoo land until I work with the bank. But it just gets me that there are so many little things aiming in that direction. BUT, I will wait and see what happens. God has a place for me. It might not be this one.

It is quite a large property, really, and will take some time to do everything.
I'm taking a nap, I thnk.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  6:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Had to drop in and let my Porchies know that I got the job! Crappy pay but he's planning on fast tracking me into management so I assume my pay will go up accordingly. Bad thing is he wants me trained by Wednesday to take over another hotel so I'll be pulling doubles all weekend there and all week when combined with my other job. Hope I can handle it! I kid you not he told me I was hired as I was sitting down for the interview and that we just needed to go over some things. I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack Truck. The amount of hours he gave me didn't register until I got home and the shock started to wear off. The man is already complaining about how he'll have to be fending for himself for the next couple days. Should be interesting..... Okay, I'm off to bed - I'm working 16 hours tomorrow and Sunday (yikes!) Wish me luck.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  7:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Tammy!!! That is great news. You will slow down soon, I am sure it will be worth it. Why do men have such a hard time to fend for themselves, even for a couple of days!
I worked all day, so did not get much exercise in, maybe an hour of walking, that's about it. Glad we made it to Nancy's houe, I was getting a little sea sick there. That lemonade sure is tasty, and soooo refreshing!!!!

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Congrads! So glad you got the job! I hope it works out for you. Interesting that he needs someone so soon... a bit of a red flag. But at least it is a new job and I bet you do great. Is it full time?

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page