Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  12:13:15 PM  Show Profile
hey, y'all, just hopping on real quick to say hey... I know I've been AWOL for a couple of days.

Saturday evening, I tried to hop on to post a quick rant on facebook... the next door neighbors were having such a loud party that, with all my windows and doors SHUT, and my stereo on LOUD (loud enough the speakers were shaking) I COULD STILL HEAR their music!!!!

Well, as soon as I opened my laptop I saw something was wrong... I had a network connection, but no internet. I called AT&T and they said I was receiving service, but that they couldn't send a tech out till a weekday, and so it was going to be WEDNESDAY before I saw a tech, since Josh and I work during the week. When he got home a few hours later, the obnoxious loud party was still going, though a bit more quietly than before. He ventured out back, since he had a theory as to why our modem/router worked but not our internet... and SURE ENOUGH the mowers had run over and severed the main cable from the service box to our house. Now, mind you, back in July when they FINALLY got around to hardwiring my house (they took two weeks of arguing that it was my brand new modem/router, not their service that wasn't working... they were sending service to another trailer, and had never even HARDWIRED ours!!!) they NEVER BURRIED the line as they should have. SO I got back on the phone and hollered and yelled as they told me it would still have to be wendesday because "they needed to make certain that it wasn't an issue with the line inside the house". "This is unacceptable! I CAN SEE the line with my own two eyes, my boyfriend WORKED in this field before, and HE'S the one who found it SEVERED IN TWO!!" After about 20 minutes of THAT, I put Josh on the phone.Long and short of it, AT&T proceeded to tell HIM the same thing, and then LIE about why a tech wasn't available till Monday when he FINALLY convinced them that the tech could come to the back yard and not the house. Apparently, Sunday, all of their available techs would be working on the main circuit board in our area, so no one would have cable or internet anyway. "Mhmm" was Josh's reply, a signal to me that they were lying. He gathered his tools and some bits and pieces and went out and spliced the two ends together himself. Not only did it work like a dream, but honestly our service was better than ever.

Long and short of it, a tech DID come out yesterday and was so impressed with Josh's work, he decided not to mess with it, other than to put a waterproof sleeve on it. Another tech was supposed to come bury the cable after that, but I've yet to see it happen.

Oh... and all day Sunday, our internet worked. So yes... they did lie to him.

Well, other than that debauchle, it's been okay. Got out of my cranky mood, we fixed grilled steaks and trout on Sunday, and I made Strawberry Sponge cake. AWESOME!!!

And, I've pretty much figured out the design for my wedding dress. I picked out the lace and hope to order it in the next couple of months. Going to take the sample I got and look at it with fabric on Saturday.

OH AND GOOD NEWS... looks like I was able to prequalify for a loan for the house!! I'm still very very cautious and scared, but it's a HUGE hurdle for me!

Well, ladies, it has taken me a total of about 2 hours, maybe more, to write this post, since I'm in the office. I will post more later, when I can, but for now, I am off to go cause trouble! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  7:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
I tell you it has been a heck of a week and it is only Tuesday. So I decided chocolate was in order. Made some chocolate cake. Eat up girlies...Peggy you need two slices dear! Chocolate tea to go along with it. Now sweet things isn't that just the greatest thing!

Our principal resigned this week. WEll he will be on until the end of the year. We have had some issues going on and we had a family pull out their children over some things. Made me sad. But God knows the way for our school. My little butterflies are just a growing. Today we were talking about being thankful and one little sweet thing said Mrs. Schroeder we just need to say thank you for giving us wings. I just cracked up. They think they have wings and well Madama Butterfly here just flies with them. So we told God thank you for our wings today. Too funny!

Peggy, I am pryaing for you sweet lady. You hang in there. If I lived closer I would bring dear Jax over to give you some sweet loving and hug you myself and share a pot of tea with you.

Bunny I think your grades are awesome girl. You should be proud.

Tammmy...congrats on your job.

angela saying a prayer for you too.

Well time for this Madame Butterfly to rest her wings. It has been beautiful spring weather here. Such a surprise for our neck of the woods in March. We usually are still cold and sometimes even have snow.

Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  8:56:37 PM  Show Profile
Boy Janet and Judy, I can't complain about 51 in the daytime and 35 at night. I will anyway, tho.

Angela, I thot they made you move out of your MIL's house. Geez, it's sort of like the Twilight zone. What other weird thing will they come up with. Oh that little store sounds just wonderful. Tell us all about what you make with the cinnamon.

Tammy, boy howdy that's a toxic work environment all right. You'd think they'd figure out that they'd make more money if they paid decend wages and used common sense management practices, like oh, say, courtesy. Why do they think this will work? Are you getting minimum wage too? I am. And my work is also toxic. It's been somewhat better lately, but it feels like a soap opera. I may need to quit because of moving, I'll need more money. Can't wait.

So keep us posted when you can. It's fascinating. Or it would be if it wasn't happening to you. Naw, it's still fascinating. People can be so amazingly dumb. Maybe the trainers from hell are like that because they are fried and they are also treated like garbage. how nice that the man made you eat something. How nice that he takes care of you when you need it.

Thanks, Cherime. I'm busy at work, and the Lord keeps telling me to just leave it to him now. So I am, mostly. But I love looking at houses. It's so interesting and fun. And there will be more to see, I'm sure. I like that Jesus just in time. And of course, that's how he got me here. He isn't going to forget about me now. I love those musk oxen.

It's funny (this always happens) that I see a great house in the wrong place, or I like the kitchen in this one, and the great built cabinets int hat one, and the view in another one.

Peggy, good for you for taking your meds. I take antidepressants, and they work. And exercise helps too.

Bunny, great grades. That's hard about your mother. Probably right about nto tempting her. I'll pray for her. My dad was an alcoholic, which was why the rest of us were codependent. I'm a recovering codependent.

Miranda, wow! That's great that Josh fixed your cable and the internet works better. Not at all suprised at the run around, tho. geesh. And that is GREAT about prequalifying for a loan. Yay! I havn'et talked to my banker yet, just filled out the form online. Havne't had time anyway.

Tammy, those kids sound jsut adorable.

well, this has turned into a novel too. But I've been realy busy with work and then sleeping, and then work, so I wanted to catch up with everybody.
I dunno whn i'll get back on. A few days maybe.

Nannerbugs (my buddy who is back in prison is now calling me that. I think it is funny. I'll tell you about him sometime.)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  01:09:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Beautiful Porchies...
Wow, I feel like I haven't been on here for a week, with all the posts I had to catch up on tonight.

Thanks for all your encouragement and wonderful prayers...I feel them wrapped around me real tight! They are such a blessing and comfort!

Janet...I am pretty sure I won't replace Bella. I think Snickers will be dog enough for both DH and me. He is so sweet and he is coming around more everyday. Now that Bella isn't here to chase him off.
She was a little pistol but she was my pistol and I miss her but it is getting easier everyday.

Judith...thanks sweet friend for the lovely post card and your specialness! That dining room table was pretty spectacular. I didn't think that Princess Di's family was that well to do. Surprised me!

Julie...the cat looked like he was out for a sunday morning drive! So cute!

RFM Tammy...girl I think that you just got the "Job from Hell!" Are you sure you want the extra income that bad????
Sounds pretty desperate to me. I am praying for you girl. I don't know whether to Congratulate you or take your tempreture to see if you are all right. LOL

Judy...thanks for your emails and dozzie cards. You always make me laugh girl. And that is always good medicine! Thanks for sending me the Tea List again too.

Cherime...those Musks are huge and I don't think I would relish trying to tangle with them. That is the kind of protection I feel like all you girls give to me. It's like "OK, don't mess with our girl, World...we got her covered!" Thanks!

Alyce...thanks for keeping me in your prayers...I will take all of those I can get.

Angela...I love how your life can be falling down around your ears in udder chaos...and you still get tickled pink over a little local farmers market. Way to go girl! In the midst of every storm comes a little sunshine and rainbows to brighten
the way...we just have to watch for it and appreciate it when it happens. And you do!!

Hi Jan...how is your day going?

Penny dear...thanks so much for your comforting words. I will wait and drop you an email when I feel perkier. You don't need any more little storm clouds hanging over your head. You have enough on your plate already girl.
But thanks for the offer to share my burden.

Bunny...see girl, you did so awesomely with those grades! We are proud of you!!! You are working your bunns off and those grades reflect all your hard work. Give yourself a big Pat on The Back.
In defense of MIL's I had two marvelous ones. The were amazing women with a lot of grit and character but always loving to the core! I feel sorry for women who have awful MIL's because they miss out on so much blessing. If I could only emulate 1/4 the love and caring they showed me...I would feel like I learned my lessons from them well.
I am sorry to hear about your mom...and her nipping at the cooking wine. Addictions are like that though. Tempting at all the wrong times.

Madame Butterfly...I read your post to my hubby about me deserving two slices of chocolate cake. He laughed and said..."those gals know you well don't they?" YUP!!!
I think it was Bunny who said I just needed more chocolate and I would feel better. So true. In fact I am sitting her drinking a cuppa hot-chocolate right now.

Miss Miranda...oh, I like that talk about lace and wedding dresses! ~ Good for Josh for fixing the Cable Guys work. I love a good handy man! ~ And I hate noisy neighbors. Our neighbors had a big party this past weekend too...but besides cars parked everywhere around the Neighborhood...we didn't hear a peep out of them. That is the kind of neighbors I like! Quiet and Respectful of those around them.

Nan...we are having so much fun on your house hunt right along with you. It is always exciting to see what God has in store. Half the fun is in the anticipation.
And unfortunately you have a toxic work environment too but God seems to be really walking you through it and teaching you difficult life-lessons but good ones to learn. Keep up the good attitude!

All right my lovelies it is one am and I think I need to get some sleep. I bought myself a new alarm clock...that has the Nature Sounds/Mode. So, tonight I am going to sleep by the sound of Ocean Waves (my favorite).
Now, if I could just replicate the Ocean smell too...I would be in Heaven! I love the smell of salty air.

Night my Sweet Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 28 2012 01:16:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  06:23:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning gals, It is so windy here, but warmed up to 46 so far this morning, but the wind is coming from the north now, so the temps will probably drop throughout the day.
Peggy, glad your meds are helping you. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. With spring here, I am sure being outdoors more will also help.
Bunny, congratulations on the great grades you got!!!! You worked hard for them. Proud of you, girl!!!
Nan, Good luck with finding the just right house you can afford.
Miranda, How exciting to be making your own wedding dress!!!! It will definitely be one of a kind. Can't wait to see pics when done.
I will try to catch up more later. Have a wonderful warm sunny day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  12:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
It is raining here. I know I put in an order for sun today. It is my birthday and I wanted wonderful warm sunshine to work out side in.

Before i forget. I did not get the tea out on the 17th. It will go out this friday. Sorry I am running a little behind.

Nan I am not crazy about the outside color but I love the inside colors. The kitchen lok really great.

Oh Pegy I am crying with you. We have had to make that choice too. It is so hard. Please forgive yourself. You did not murder your beloved Bela. Let God heal the pain.

Kimmberly I am praying and praying for you. When you can share we will be here for you.

Angela i so agree with both of those quotes.

Tammy way to go girl! Congrats!!!

Penny jump on when you can. Just know you are in my prayers.

Peggy you are never a ore. Be a lttle easier on yourself. We love you. i am with Bunny. Try the chocolate. It is a med all on it's own.

Angela so glad you found that store. It is just what you needed. I love stores like that.

Bunny congrats on the 3 A's and the B. Those are really great grades.

Cherime Love the pics. I hope DH and I can get to Alaska again. We had a wonderful time there.

Well I need to get off of here. I know I should do something, but the rain is depressing and I don't want too. Chocolate here I come. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  1:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Dianne!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  2:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Dianne! Hope you have lots of chocolate to cheer you up.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  3:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Dianne...hope you have some Memory Makers in your day. Just those special
birthday surprises that you can cherish for years to come. We love you and CELEBRATE YOU!!!
Thanks also for your words of uplift and encouragement. I am headed to find that Chocolate
right now! LOL

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  4:43:27 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Odd weather today. It was sunny but cooler today in the 50's. Then the wind picked up this afternoon. I haven't watched the news so I don't know if it's just spring type winds or if we have a storm moving in.

I actually have tonight and tomorrow night off from the hotel!!! I was so tired today I came home and slept for 2 hours after I got off from my other job this afternoon. Someone asked if I was still at my other job - yes I am. I won't give up that job since I have benefits until I'm sure. I thought I was free and clear of the am trainer but found out I have to work with her this weekend. I told the manager I only wanted 16 to 24 hours a week and he told the trainer to put me on for 40 hour weeks - I'll be working 70 hours between the 2 jobs (yikes!). Told me he was training me for the hotel they're opening today and now he's saying he's going to bounce me between the 2 hotels which I don't like. Each hotel runs their desks so much differently. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I got an email off a resume yesterday for a chiropractic secretary that sounded perfect but had my ballon popped today when I researched the offer a bit and discovered it was a scam. I shall keep looking for something better. I know the man isn't going to tolerate this schedule too long. I'm so tired I can't motivate to get the cleaning done like I need to.

Bunny - congrats! Grades to be proud of for sure.

I'm definately going to enjoy that cake and chocolate tea. Might have to duplicate it here for dessert tonight lol.

Okay, I'm off to relax. Have a peaceful night everybody. It sounds like we could all use one :o)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  6:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Whew tammy. Praying for wisdom for you.And strength.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I don't have a lot of time now, but I just wanted to stop and say "Hey!" I hope that everyone is doing well, and to say I'm getting excited as we approach our 500th page! Whoo! Go porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  7:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday, Dianne. I saw the colors in person. whew. But that is easy to fix. If you're talking about the green house, the doors to all the kitchen cupboards are plastic, and the wall oven is small. I think the whole kicthen would have to be redone. But I'm just waiting now. I need to make an apt with the banker, and see if I made any sense infilling out the form. SOmetimes they ask things I've neer heard of, or don't understand, and I tend to be literal minded, which causes confusion. One question asked how much cahs there was. And the next was who was holding the cash. I pictured the top of my dresser and the change there. Then I decided they meant my bank account. But I'm not holding the cash, it's, like, in the bank, you know? SO I said the credit union was holding it. Maybe I should hae said I was holding it. But I'm not. Oh well, we'll get it straightend out eventually.

I've been very busy at work for the last three days. One of the people, the most toxic one had a meltdown and took time off this week, so the manager and I filled in. Which was fun. It was very peaceful, too. But today she came back earlier than we expected, and when the doc came in at 1, he had a hissy fit. I don't know what the problem was, but he is very definitely not able to cope with his emttions or relationshiops. So he was a poop for about 15 minutes. It left the two of us with our mouths open, shaking our heads in puzzlement. He was very, very close to me telling him he needed a time out, but he calmed down and then it was ok the rest of the day. He lectured me yet again on a new policy he invented about getting public health patients' medical cards copied before we make their apts. I said, "Remember we have talked about this many times,and this scheduled apt. was made before you made that new policy." He remained calm, and we just went on. I thot I did rather well. I didn't yell at him. I was calm, and made it clear that he was on thin ice. I took deep breaths and prayed a lot.

Oh my goodness, people are strange. So from now on when he lectures me for the umpteenth time on his little issues, I will tell him that we've already discussed it. I think the others don't treat him as an equal, usually, so he's gotten into bad habits. I did so want to tell him to take a time out, but I bet I never get too.

BUt I am learning so much about people and me and the proper way to relate to them and all that. It's so valuable, so I even thank the Lord for all thsese opportunities to learn. But I'll be glad to move on.

I'm soooo tired. My little Miranda wants me to let her out or to come to bed. Which I'm doing tho it's early.

Drat, it's doing the 60mph gusts with rain again.

night, porchies.
nan
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  8:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, that is alot of hours. Do be careful and listen to your body if you get too dragged out. You do not need a break down or heart attack!!! Praying for you girlfriend!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  9:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, be careful! I just finished months of 70-hour weeks, and do not wish it on you!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  12:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I just had a good friend who had a heart-attack today and she is about 10 years younger than
I am. She does peoples taxes and is right in the middle of a stressful tax-season. Come to find out she
had a heart attack on Sunday too (a silent heart attack). We are just praying she makes it through this.
I only share this with you because working that hard, plus that many hours is asking for trouble. Your
body can't take that kind of abuse for very long. That is hard hard work...you are putting yourself
through. BE CAREFUL...listen to your body!!!
hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:30:27 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, also, you don't want to go postal unexpectedly, which might happen instead of a heart attack. Praying for you.
nan
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dianne, hope you had a Happy Birthday!
Please don't beat yourself up over how long it takes to get the teas out Gals. It's just something we are doing for fun. Please don't stress! If you have to delay it...just tell us...like Dianne did. It's ok...really!
I'm just all excited to see what ya'll send! *giggle*
My Sister Patsy is April's "TeaBag" Hostess...Can't wait to see what she sends!
After a rather warm day yesterday(70)with terrible gusty winds...today is cool(48)and calm. Niiiiice! heehee
Don't know what we'll get into today,hubby's day off. We'll see.
Well make it a Great day Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Also, Peggy, praying for your friend.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  7:03:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everybody. I promise to be careful. I'm continuing to look for another position. Applied for a couple admin positions today. Crossing fingers something comes through eventually. Until then I have to work smart so I don't wear myself out.

Last night I wasn't tired enough to sleep until nearly midnight and then was awake about 6, 30 minutes before the alarm went off (sigh). The problem sleeping was probably because of the nap. Today I felt more like myself. I had to run to Target and pick up a prescription on the way home and stop at the post office to mail some books out. Put a roast in the oven when I got home. I've been eating out so much I needed comfort food :O) I packed up some for my dinner at work tomorrow. Since I didn't get any cleaning done over the weekend I cleaned the living room, did a load of laundry (hope to get another one in before bed), and folded and hung up the clean laundry. After that I plopped myself down and read Country Woman magazine :O) I'd hoped to get the bedroom cleaned but oh well. I made chocolate mousse last night but the man went to bed without eating any so we had that for dessest. Plenty left over for my porchies to share with.

Nan - sounds like you're having quite a bit of stress at work too.

Alyce - do you typically work 70 hour weeks? I could use some pointers on how to organize and survive this.

Okay ladies I'm off to bed. I may take my computer with me to work this weekend just in case I have some downtime. Have a great weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  7:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening gals, it is cold here only 30 degrees, down in the 20s tonight and only 38 for the high tomorrow. I liked it better the last couple of weeks, now we are back to reality. We are not out of danger for frost until the end of May, so cannot plant yet. We got a storage shed in a box to set up, but it has been too windy and cold to work outside. Hope it is not windy this weekend. f we can get that up, I am hoping to start my seeds and keep them in there until planting time.
Peggy, praying for your friend. Hope she is doing better. How are you doing? How is your mouth doing? What are you knitting now? You are like me, I knit and crochet all ear long. I have close to 700 pieces done, hats, scarves, mittens, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, mug cozies, etc. made and all in crates for craft sale in the fall. I need to take pictures and get some things put on etsy.
Tammy, hope you can slow down some soon. Worried about you.
Have a wonderful evening, stay warm and well.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  7:12:38 PM  Show Profile
They are now forcasting snow for tonight and tomorrow. Yuck!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  7:14:05 PM  Show Profile
They are now forcasting snow for tonight and tomorrow. Yuck!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  8:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of mug-cozies...Jan sent me one for FGOTM plus some other cute trinkets,which I thoroughly enjoyed...*giggle*....I had never heard of it. It is so TOTALLY cute. I have 3 teapot cozies. This mug cozy is my first.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  8:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Ick re snow, Janet.
Judy, how cute they are. Never thot of that.

Re work, it's getting less stressful and more like a soap opera, which I am watching. It's also like watching a textbook video of dysfuntional people. It could be used for a class. So I've been able to take a step back and not get caught up so much in the weirdness. I know I'm not crazy, and that helps. It's awfully good practice for me to learn how to be around people and not take on their feelings or be manipulated by them. I try to stay as normal as possible, ignore the bad behavior (like ignoring a kid throwing a tantrum) and model normal behavior. It's a workout, but it is getting better. And the fact that I am actually able to do the job itself, and I understand what it is I do as a receptionist, say, really helps a lot. I have more confidence. That's another thing I've gotten more of because of this job. And discipline, in just getting up and going there, as well as not participationg in the weirdness, or butting in. Mostly just shutting up and sticking to business.

I actually made a joke out aof a silly thing I did on Monday. We schedule on paper in a big binder. I took out Tuesday to go to the back office and make some changes to the copy I put there, to update it. When I came back up front, I put it in between some info pages in the big binder, I don't know why. People were talking to me or something. So then the manager came and said, "Where's Tuesday" awhile later. We looked and looked, and I apologized. Then it got sort of silly. We used a prevoius copy and no big deal. I even told the dr.I had lost Tuesday and he sort of was able to take it as no big deal.

Then later, after they'd left, I found it and put it b ack. I texted the manager that night to say that I'd found Tuesday,s o we'd have to do it afet all, instead of cancelling it. The next day she laughed about it. I thot that was a break through. Not to make a national tragedy out of mistakes.

But I never know what will happen next.

It's still storming here AGAIN, tho in the 40s at night which is nice. We're on flood watch, and high winds, as well. Sigh. This is so old.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page