Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  5:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter to all my Gal-Pals on the Porch!
Spent the day with my Mama{of course}! She cooked a ham and we had mashed taters and fried corn.Yum-Yum!
Then she made sour-cream biscuits with chopped pecans and brown sugar on top. mmmmmm...melts in the mouth.
Hope everyone had a Safe&Blessed Easter!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  8:14:48 PM  Show Profile
I will post pics when i get to that point. I'm getting a cold, darn it. Don't want it, went all witner without it. Poop.

but Happy Happy Easter! A great day.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  07:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies!!

Easter wasn't bad. My sister-in-law seemed less than happy but I won't worry about it. My brother seemed content. It's been a while since I have seen that. I think he's becoming more like our Dad every day. I swear, he said something to Josh yesterday that made Momma and I stop in our tracks... it was something Daddy would have said or done, in the way he'd have done it.

As I type, our Realtor is coming to pick up the checks to get the contract officially rolling. EGADS but that is a frightening and wonderful feeling!! We're so excited! I just keep praying that nothing goes wrong and we make it through this. I would be devistated if things went wrong now :(

Oh yes, and I finally remembered to upload a few pictures. The first is Agnes. She was hiding behind the bathroom door, by the shower stall. We're not sure why she hides there, especially when we're IN the shower and she doesn't move when we get out and drip water on her....

The second is poor little Newcomb, pouting. He's on the edge of the tub, staring at the big mirror.

Then, there's my sewing table. I believe it came with the Kenmore sewing machine Momma bought around the time I was born. She painted it, what you can't see is the beautiful, oldworld painting she did on top, and I had thought about repainting the base of it and leaving her decorative painting. I decided instead to clearcoat it and leave it the way it is, knicks and all. The only thing I changed was the handles that were chipped and broken. I found these lovely glass things at Hobby Lobby for $6 for the set! They are made in India and look like antique glass. I bought some others to go on the Art Deco bar I inherited from Momma.

Well, Kevin (realtor) just came and picked up the checks. My hands are shaking!!! I'm still so nervous about this!!! But, I feel like it's the right thing.

Anyway, ladies, I better go get some work done... sure there's checks that need to be ordered or something

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  08:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Great pix Miranda.
Peg sorry to hear that the garbage messed with you over this wonder weekend.
Anchorage and vicinity (us in the Valley) got enough snow on Saturday that we reached the record. My DD and I were doing the Easter Bazaar in Anchorage. The lady who organized it put us up front because we always look good. So we had a front row seat to watch the snow fall and fall and fall. Now its in the 40's interesting spring.
I have a praise report that my DS's girl friend was worried as the new job was not going well the person she was to be working for in an outside commission sale job did not like her and had put the add back into the paper. I prayed for her and when I stopped by this Easter to visit, she told me that everything had turned around and that the person had told her that she "prayed about it" as well. God is good. The girlfriend has a weird religious back ground and had not been walking with the Lord. Not to mention that my son has not. God is up to some thing and I am eagerly waiting to see how this plays out.
Blessings all!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  08:43:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Easter was quiet here but nice. I spent the day veging on the computer and then spent time in my sewing room working on a little project for my June Tea mailing. BTW, Dianne, I haven't gotten my tea package yet. Did you send it to my Oregon address? Maybe it will come today. I live close to Peggy, if she got hers Saturday then hopefully mine will show up today.

Peggy, sorry your fibro wasn't nice on Easter. I've been doing pretty good. I just can't exert myself much.

Miranda, what a great house! Lots of open space to fill in with farm stuff! I think it needs some trees to keep off the hot Texas sun!

Cherime, I did read you guys are getting mega snow up there. What's up with that! It is better than a drought believe me. Hang in there, hopefully spring will come your way eventually.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile
I've been gone too long!!!

I just read 4 pages of posts to catch up. I can't reply to everyone, but know you all are in my prayers for the good and the bad.

I'm tryin very hard to fight this depression. I feel so out of place here in the middle of town. I am tryin to make this lovely house mine, but it's hard. I am tryin to not totally blow up everytime we are around MIL, but each time I find it harder and harder.

I am tryin to focus on the nice things. My house is very large and comfortable for an apartment. It's very lovely in it's old farmy look and feel. I like our neighbors and they are quite friendly. I am in a small enough town I can walk to most places and I don't have to worry too much about the girls playin outside. I have permission to grow what I'd like other than bushes and trees in my yard. My family is healthy and fairly well adjusted, we are a little 'crazy', but just enough to make life fun. I was given a much larger plot than I expected at the community garden, a 20x40, so I will have a respectable garden.

I feel like such a whiner. I am simply a misplaced country girl. Why is it wearin on me so hard? If anyone has any suggestions for beatin the blues I'd appriciate hearin them.

I am reworkin my garden plans agian! I have had 4 plans drawn out so far and I just keep addin things and movin things. I am tryin to figure out if I want to grow more corn or more root crops right now. I will be startin my plantin this weekend, so I have to finalize this thing soon.

I also have the first of several raised beds in my yard. It's 4ftx4ft and 3ft tall. It's for salad veges and snap peas. I will have a garlic bed and asparagus bed just like it, plus maybe a 2ft tall one for taller crops like okra or maybe huckle berries! I think I would like huckleberries by the house.

I have some plans for a few potato towers as well. I love havin fresh red potatoes to boil or bake for dinner. The girls will be gettin a few flower beds between the bushes the landlord has around the house, so I have chosen several varieties we can add to salads or make into jellies.

I will be diggin my strawberries this weekend and bringin them over to plant in porch rail boxes for the front porch. I can't drive to morgantown twice a week to pick them, so they have to come with me. I've been workin them for 2 years now and I don't want to start over. MIL wouldn't weed them or pick them anyway. It's too long of a walk from the house to their bed for her.

I just wish I didn't have to leave the rasberry and blackberry bushes. I'm still tryin to figure out if I can stick them around here somewhere. My yard is just so tiny. I may have to see about settin up a place for them hidden away up at the park somewhere. I know of a few places up there where they would be out of sight for the most part. Can you get in trouble for plantin in the park? I may have to look into it a little.

I'm gonna get off here and try to get some laundry done and see if I can find somewhere to get dirt to fill my new raised bed with! I have 30 little plants growin in my livin room windows that need a more permanent home!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  10:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, Porch Sitters! I smelled some goodies over here and couldn’t resist... I’ll just… (scoot, nudge, scoot…) find myself a spot… lol

Julie! Nice to see you over here… WOW her mom’s been married How Many Times? Poor thing!

Peggy Ann & Ruthie: One of the best bits of advice I ever got from an herbologist was to eat pineapple for pain – and don’t forget to drink the juice! In my experience, it works as well as Aleve. Being in pain is the pits. Hope you all feel better!

Bunny; I’m sorry for your loss. Your FIL sounds like he was a great guy! You will always have some wonderful memories.

So many people with new fresh spring happenings! Good luck all with houses & interviews & gardens & other projects!

It just started raining here, and we're expecting the same for the next two days, so it looks like I'll be working on Spring Cleaning and inside projects for the next couple days. I've found a few ideas for decorating inside that I want to try, plus I need some more laundry detergent etc. The rain is a good thing -- the ground is very dry here from lack of snow this winter, AND I haven't been able to keep my hands out of the dirt for weeks, so my house has been neglected! I still have my snowman tea set out!

Today I’m working on taxes; I have to finish them by tomorrow, and it’s such tedious work! I’ve been online for an hour and a half procrastinating! I’m almost out of coffee & excuses though, so…

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  10:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, cute kitty pics! Our cat loves to play in water but hates to be sprinkled. Weird,I know!*giggle* Also, Congrats on the new place!
Cherime...more snow?.....dear me!
Dianne, I got my tea card today. yeaaaaa I love Republic of Tea blackberr-sage. It's so hard to find here,dunno why! :(
Peggy, so sorry to hear that you had a(punk)day yesterday! BUT, your "Spirit" is good GF!!!
**giggle**
Angela, slow down...breathe...God doesn't expect you to carry the whole world on your shouldersGF...that's what HE does! He knows what you can bear!......put on BRIGHT colors....put on your favorite music...and D-A-N-C-E like nobody is looking! Perks a feller' right up! Do it for YOU!!!That's an order! *giggle* (ok, down off the soapbox now)...ahem......
Make it a GREAT day Gals.....it REALLY is....
Love Ya GF's!<3 <3 <3

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 09 2012 11:00:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile
This week is going to be crazy. No very crazy. Work T and W 12 1/2 hours. Hubby has surgery on. Th and pick him up from hospital F in the am.
Just got home from work and now getting dinner together. Than off to my hand quilting class. Not sure when I'll get to check in again. You my week is so slow. Lol So hope all is well with everyone and you have a great week.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share these before and after photos. Both photos were taken from the same side of the house in almost the same spot. The old carport is going to be our patio when the house is done. We'll have lots of room for sitting and chatting!
Hope everyone had a nice Easter. It was a beautiful weekend here in central Indiana.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you're getting a cold Nan. Take your chicken soup and snuggle in your blankets and rest up.

Miranda it's so nervewracking waiting on those houses. It my DH and I two years before one worked out. But sometimes things are just meant to be. Your table is very cute. I think you made a good choice in clear coating it and changing the knobs.

Cherime, you made me laugh. I had to think about what your said there. "The lady put us up front because we are so good looking." Hee hee. Isn't it a joy when those who have strayed from the Lord are drawn back and how it fills our hearts with love and happiness.

Dianne, I got my tea today. I immediately had some of the blackberry sage. It was a very good afternoon tea. I drank it plain. How do you ladies like to drink your tea? Sometimes I add sugar, milk, or lemon. Depends on my mood.

Angela, good to see you. It sounds like you are still grieving the moving situation. Know what I mean? Sure you have moved, but have all your dreams and forward thinking moved, too? Or are you still dwelling on the would've, could've, should've, and what ifs? You'll start to fit in more when you accept the past as the past and the present as the present. You'll also have to reach out to others and strike up conversations. Having the plot in the community garden should help. I'm looking forward to hearing how that goes.

Lora, that's going to make a real fine porch.

Now I can cheer! My life is back to boring this week! Whee!!!! I am caught up on everything, the taxes are done, and the house is picked up. I worked in the rabbit yard today and cleaned up cages and put in new hay. I felt like a real ranch hand on all 15x15 feet of the rabbit yard. I mulched in the garden. We have volunteer tomato plants in the corn this time. I wonder what kind of tomatoes we'll get. Beans and melons are looking good. If the cucumbers produce it will be my first successful time and that's all you'll hear about. There's just some things I don't seem to have a talent for growing. I bought a couple of Rosemary plants today to try and add some more herbs. I saw potatoes growing and blue corn. And blah blah weeds blah blah cats blah blah blah.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, it has been a few days since I have been here with you. I just can't get motivated. I do a little bit of sewing, then knitting, laundry, etc. etc. It is too cold and windy to work outside yet. Got our shed up, but too cold to clean out the entry and move alot of it to the shen. It has been down to 17 at night and 50 during the day, but very windy. My body does not like this kind of weather. I am sorry you did not have a good day yesterday, peggy. Hope you feel better today. I will try to catch up with all of you tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  5:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Howdy everyone. Short school day for me. I only had to deal with mean ole teacher for an hour and a half. I did get an eye roll today. I wanted to sew but just didn't have any energy after homework. Took a nap and was STARVING so am trying not to eat everything in sight. I'm trying to lose a little weight and am having homemade smoothies for lunch. If I hadn't taken the nap I would have eaten again at the right time. I have to learn to time these things better.

Dianne, I got my tea today. I guess it actually came on Saturday but the envelope was little and mom didn't see it sitting in the bottom of the mail box. But I will totally ENJOY the tea.

Angela, I totally feel your pain. I moved from a wonderful pine forest by Yosemite park to .... well a cracker box in the middle of a dead little town. I felt pretty numb for a while. I still hate to look out the window. Give it time, it will get better. I had to just stop and think of all the good stuff for right now. It was the only way to keep my sanity. I still have bad days every once in a while. But I keep dreaming!

Judy, dinner at Momma's sounded goooood. I would have had to wear my stretchy pants for that meal.

Nan, sorry you are under the weather. Echinacea tea girl! (hope I spelled that right);

Well, that's all for today.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  6:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Julie,I like a lot of my teas plain, but to some of them I add honey, especially the more bitter ones!
Bunny,the food was GREAT! I wore a skirt that had elastic(AND)a drawstring...and YES...I had to let that string out a little! hahaha
Well, time for a Book and Tea!
I just finished a book called "The Cat Who Played Post Office" by Lilian Jackson Braun! Excellent story, with mystery all the way to the last paragraph!
I think I'm going to give it away! I'll even throw in some tea!
Who wants to be in the drawing?
I'll take names thru the 16th(next Monday)!
Any takers?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  8:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm in for the drawing. Sounds like a good book, and tea.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  8:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all...how is everyone....I hate I haven't been around much but been crocheting and making bowls from magazines, hoping to sell them at the motorcycle bike ride(auction) in a couple months....So I'm just going to start with page 491

Lynette, I hope you post pics of the new calves..I love little newborn babies.

Peggy sorry that you had so much pain on Easter...you are in my prayers

Bunny, sorry bout the mean ole teacher....take a deep breath it will be ok...lol

Judy, I wanted to go to Mama's for Easter dinner...lol...give her my love....I spent Easter morning at a sunrise service with GiGi and her parents, it was her baby dedication day...It was a great day but getting up at 4 to be there at 6:30 was a little tough..lol. Judy can I get in on the book give away? I love to read and this one sounds interesting...

Julie, I sure have missed you chickie...hope you are doing good. I need to get by here more often..

Miranda, I love the kitty pics...so cute...I just love my little furry girl Macey...she is such a loving kitty.

Cherime, glad to here God is working in your Son and girlfriends life, I know that has to give you some peace.

Hi Lora and Sarah, I don't think we have met...hope to get to know you all better. Nan, I think we have but not real sure...nice to meet all of you.

RuthAnn, I will put your DH in my prayer journal, hope all goes well.

Angela, I know what you mean, I have been gone sooooo long...

Janet, hope it warms up, up there soon, I'm so glad my son moved back here from there in Feb.

Ok got to run and get back to making these bags and bowls...still waiting on the final ok about my job...please keep me in your prayers...I know they said they wanted to use me...but until they say come to work I'm not counting on anything...but did get a call from another place today..so interview with them on Thursday...so hopefully one of them will work out...God is watching over us as he always has...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  12:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judy...I would like to be in the drawing.

Janet, is there anything I can do to help get you motivated? Just let me know.

Do you ladies like funny stories? I thought not. So everyone take a seat and I'll spin you a yarn that'll make you wish you didn't come by.

Once upon a time I was at work. There was the nastiest coworker who had a bad reputation. Along came work time and we divided up assignments. There was peace in the valley for a short while. All at once a patient was transferred to the area of discontent and the the malcontent therapist refused to take responsibility. I was wearing the uniform of white and goodness and continued to care for the dying and downtrodden patient. Now you would think this was the part of the story to pay attention... However, it was what happened after...The good therapist told the malcontent, "I'm sitting at a really bad angle, but you have a very big booger." Of course you would think the malcontent would go correct the situation but no... So the good therapist put up with the booger and tried not to look directly at it. And in the direction of all good things: humbleness, Jesus, God, etc., I have taken it up as a mission to make this...slovenly person my...not enemy.

I hope you're all entertained by my story and thoroughly worn out by wondering when I'll be super busy again.

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  12:11:19 AM  Show Profile
Penny!!! Oh I just missed you. I have been watching your photos on FB but I don't want to Like Like Like Like Like every single one, if you know what I mean. I have been watching your wonderful family through what you post and feel like I'm right there with you. Let me know if there's anything missing for that little one, though I doubt there is anything. She is truly an inspiration for me. I know you don't mean her to be but in all the craziness in this world, your family is a shining star of how things should be. I truly look up to you.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  12:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Julie, you are making me cry...thank you so much for the kind words....GiGi's Mommy and Daddy really struggle because of Danielle almost dying after given birth to GiGi. If you would like to read about her rare disease, please go to my website and read about it...and if you would like, please repost it...people should really know about it...it might save someone's life one day if they are aware of it before hand. And where Danielle works at, they are giving her a hard time about her be able to come back to work. Her Dr said she can go back as long as she can sit down from time to time, and the company doesn't won't to approve her to have a stool or chair. And on top of that they have cancelled her insurance, because she hasn't been there so she could pay the premiums...one of those catch 22 things....I love this family so much and they have gone through alot and still are.

Thank you for following me on facebook..It really means alot to me....hugs and bunches of love to you

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  01:01:19 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening (or morning...whichever) My Porchies,

Judy...sign me up for your book and tea my friend! And you are signed up for mine too.
For anyone of you girls I missed notifying I have another book give-away going on my blog site for April.
Glad you got to have Easter with your Mama. Enjoy her all you can girl and her good cooken too. lol No chocolate this time????
Hey, girlfriend where is Patsy??? Thought she was moven her rocking chair over here to the Porch??
Tell her I am sending the Porch Posie out after her. She needs to show up at least every few days.

Miss Miranda...Excited for you house situation. I am with Bunny though...you need a few shade trees planted around that house or you're going to fry in that Texas heat.

Agnes and Newcomb are so cute! Very pretty kitties.
My DH's dog sits in the bathroom by the shower and just waits for you to step out so he can lick the water off your legs. He is so funny!
Love your Mama's sewing table! And I am so glad that you just clearcoated it and left it her original artwork. Very Charming and those glass nobs are the "cat's meow".

Cherime...Seriously? More Snow? When do guys get Spring up there anyway?
I will be praying for your sons girlfriend...sounds like God is already working behind the scenes.

Angela...I think Julie is right...you need to let go of what you had and just embrace what God has blessed you with.
Once you get all that gardening going you will be back to your old self.
Did you have fun with the Grandson over Easter?
I am pretty sure that you can not plant in a Public Park...and particularly berries. Seems that they city is always trying to irradicate those bushes around here.

WELCOME SARAH...glad that you just jumped right on the Porch and started sharing.
That is the way to get to know everybody. Just jump right in and get your feet wet.
I love pineapple so will have to give that a try for pain. I eat it pretty frequently as it is one of my favorite fruits.
I will be happy to trade you some soggy ground for some of your dry. lol

Dianne...the tea is so yumo! Never had that combination before. I like it!!!

Ruthie...will be praying for your DH's surgery and your busy week.

WELCOME LORA...Was your entire house under demolition or just your carport???
It will be nice when you have a lovely Porch to enjoy.

Julie...glad you are able to have a more relaxed week.

I like my tea both ways just depending on what kind I am drinking. I always use sweetner. And sometimes add cream if I am wanting it English Style.
Your funny story...was gross! I can't believe she didn't go do something about it.
Wow! She get's the stupid people award! lol

Bunny...did you ever go talk to a counselor about your psycho teacher? Or did you just decide to put up with his rude
comments and rolling-eyeballs?
Can't wait to see what you are making for the Tea Swap. I love everything you make! Such talent!
I liked your Apron idea...I think you will sell more of those just out of the shear affordability of them over quilts or quilted items. Though we all wish we could afford to buy your quilts.

Janet...I am glad that you got your shed up. It is really hard to get much motivation when you are experiencing cold weather. It would just motivate me to get in front of a warm fire, grab a book and a cuppa tea...and enjoy!

Nan...hope your cold isn't the awful stuff that is going around right now. That has a terrible croopie cough that goes with it. Chicken Soup, Hot tea with lemon, and a Christian Cocktail before bed
(NyQuill). LOL

WELCOME NETTY...nice to have a real farmgirl on the Porch. Not that you are the only one...but many of us are Farmgirls at Heart.
I am with you I am just itching to play more in the dirt and get the Vegetable Garden going.
I spent some time in my back yard today doing a little pruning, raking and acting like I was doing something. The ground is still pretty soggy to do much. I did fill up the bird-bath today and watched the birds splash all the water right back out of it. LOl
They loved it though.

Penny...good to see you on The Porch. What a lovely picture of your DH, you and Gigi; and the Church in the background.
Sunrise Service huh? You are a very brave soul. I haven't done a sunrise service for about 20 years.
We know you are busy doing all that crafting but so are alot of us...so, no excuses, we miss ya girl!

Well, my denture is suppose to be ready tomorrow girls (oops...later today)...so say a little prayer for me that the bloomen things fit like a glove and I will be able to get use to them. After 9 weeks with no teeth...I am pretty excited just to have anything in there to eat real food with! And pray the Denturist used Nylon instead of Acrylic...or I could be in a world of hurt.
Last week he forgot that he was suppose to be using Nylon, if my DH hadn't caught that fact I would have been very upset, when my mouth started getting blisters upon blisters because I am allergic to acrylic.

Anyway, Night All!
Love you dearly,
peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 10 2012 01:10:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  05:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, good luck with your new dentures. Hope they fit good and you will be able to eat to your heart's content.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:23:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the new girls! Been quiet here lately, but I always stop by the porch just to find out how everyone is doing. I have been hiding in the corner chair if you wondered.

Even after just a few days, I feel so far behind. Wow, porchies; the strength you all have amazes me.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann - The whole thing is gone. It burned last October and they just tore it down last week. Getting ready to rebuild.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  08:09:15 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,The eye rolling teacher has been here for over 20 years and is one of the only full time teachers. Getting him out a here would be really hard. I'll deal.Besides he has to deal with me too. Payback is a ...you know what. He is as stuck with me as I am with him. I am having fun making the little project for the tea exchange. And everyone will be proud of me... I'm using scraps I almost threw away! How is that for a hint!
Peggy, have you heard anything from Darlene? I think I'll send her a card.. but was just wondering if anyone has heard from her. I really hope she is ok.

Penny, the little one is so cute! What eyes.

Lora, so sad about your house, but fun to be starting over? What a big job and probably lots of emotion to go along with it.

Sorry to not respond to everyone... I need to get ready for school! Fairytales and myths this morning. Then mean eye rolling accounting teacher this afternoon.

later All!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  08:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Porchies,
Just poping in to say "Hi". I don't get to post very often, but love to read all of your posts. Welcome to all of the new gals!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page