Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:54:50 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie Anne, so sorry for your loss of Gram Helen. You are in my prayers.
Angela, It seems you are under alot of pressure right now. Keep telling yourself that this is going to be the best birthday party ever. Relax, take long deep breaths and drink some of that nice tea you make. Hopefully after this weekend you will start to feel less pressured and things will fall into place. I sometimes get that way too, then to get out of that funk, I get going on a project and get it done, then that boosts my spirits and I feel better when something is finally accomplished. Take is some sunshine and watch your garden grow. You will get through this and feel much better soon.
Off to get things put in the camper for next week. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela, I feel for you. As I have found out the hard way, having outside forces trying to interfere in your marriage is a pain in more ways than one! Good for you standing up for yourself, and good for hubby having your back. I will pray for your grandma.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  10:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...

Ruthie Ann...sorry about Gram Helen. Praying for you and yours. I will do the bag Swap. Just let me
know when. And if I send it to you or who?

Angela...girlfriend you sound depressed. That is why you are sitting around and not doing much and
then you feel quilty from sitten all day...so, then you are a whirlwind. But you look around and nothing
seems accomplished or productive or finished and then you start feeling snarky with yourself and others.
Are you on an Anti-depressant? If you aren't...you need to be. If you are you need to talk to your Dr. and have it upped for awhile. I worry about your stress levels and don't want you having another heart attack or a stroke.

Good for you for standing up for yourself and all the family drama. I pray that the Birthday Party is a huge success and a delightful day for all! And don't forget to bring some of those tamales to The Porch. LOL

I am really tired this morning. I am dog sitting again. Even though I love these two dogs it is like
taking care of twin boys. If I just had 1/4th of their energy I could handle them better! ha ha!
My youngest son and future DILove went to Spokane to get away from work. The owner of the company wants
Sadie out of there (and Sadie wants out too) but my son is planning to leave the job also because he is
the Manager and he is sick of the owners tirades and the overall job stress. Two other employees are looking for jobs also. So the Owner is going to be up a creek without a paddle and she doesn't even know
what she has done to her own company. It is so sad. But my youngest son's blood pressure has been at high levels the last two times he was at the Dr.'s He is only 26 and that is a sign to all of us that
he needs a different job for his health's sake.

Well, I am going to see if these two dogs will rest for a bit...so, I can go back to bed for a bit.
I have Bible Study tonight.

Praying for everyone and wishing you all a Wonderful Day!

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  12:57:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!
Peg, I thought about your give-away, but I have so many books to read now, mine and Mama's, that I really don't need anymore.That's why I give mine away fter I read hem. Mama gets a regular shipment of Guidepost books delivered every couple of months. I have to give hers back. She saves tem. Dunno why!It's her thang!LOL
Janet, watched them build this hardware and thought,"Man-O-Man, it's gonna be HUGE",and it certainly is! haha I had pork roast, mashed potatoes&gravy and carrots. Their pork is so tender and Yummy!mmmmm
Mirands, you 2 are going to have your hands(and laps)hahaha full with Train! They shoulda named him Bulldozer since he just pushes himself in wherever he wants to be. LOL
Lynette, "Tears Need No Apology!" You miss her, you're close, we all get that. I'm very close to my Mama, so I feel for you. Take heart, you aren't alone!
Ruthie, I'm so sorry for your loss! BIG(((hugs))) Girl!
Luanne,Praying for your Mama's recovery. I know that my mama would hate to lose her independence. She's one tough old bird. lol ...and when people ask her how she is, she always tells them, "Fat and Sassy." She is too! hahaha....Sassy anyhoo!lol
Angela, So sorry to hear about all your stress. Also sorry that it's making you feel bdly about yourself. But it sounds like you have a plan and I Pray that you can follow thru with it. Things will work out.Take time to breath and find quiet moments for yourself! I'm also gladd that your DH isn't backing down from his Aunt pressuring him. He gets a hug and a pat on the back from me for that! LOL
Well, I'm off to get somethig done today. I did all the laundry, dishes,patio decorating and harvested my Chamomile yesterday, so I've just been moving slow today.
It's been in the mid 80's the past couple of days,and is suppose to be in the mid nineties for Memorial day. Ugh! Then drop back down next week to the low 70's...more like it. hahaha
Make it a good day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I didn't forget about y'all and hope you haven't forgotten me. I am on a tear of really cleaning out my house. I'm not letting anything get in the way and I actually scheduled what is getting cleaned and when. This way I don't feel so overwhelmed and bounce from different spot to different spot. It has felt so good to take things to Goodwill and say good riddance to it. I'm working on some time management things, too, to make sure I make time for Bible reading and studying. It looks like I will be making the switch in my work schedule the second week of June to a Saturday and Monday schedule with Sundays off. It'll be a world of good for this family. I'm glad I'm finally able to arrange this. We are throwing DD a surprise Kinder graduation party. Today I brought home her ice cream cake and had to hide it in the freezer. Making cupcakes while she's at school tomorrow and hoping to go over to the outlet mall and get her something at James Avery to mark this special occasion. I miss you ladies, but until this house is right, then I'll have to visit a little less.

Patsy- I have done geocaching with my DH. It's a lot of fun. It can be a little frustrating but worth it when you find the treasure.

Miranda- Beautiful dog!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  2:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Angela, Ruthie, sorry to hear about your Grams, the illness one and loss of the other. Praying for you both.
Yea! good job Bunny!!!
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  4:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Wanted to pop in and say THANKS to everyone! Train is gorgeous and he's starting to adjust to "family" life.

Had awesome news to share with you all... we close on the house Thursday afternoon @ 2!! One more week!!!!

I'm so excited I almost can't stand it!!!!

going to make a meatloaf to celebrate tonight!!! YAY!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  7:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, great news!!!!! I can imagine how excited you are.
It is so windy here with trees down and north of us there are forest fires that they are having a hard time contolling. One highway is closed right down and the firs is only 65% contained after 4 days. We are in a severe thunderstorm watch right now. I do hope it does rain, I did not get out to water my gardens today and I have to work tomorrow so cannot get to them until tomorrow evening.
Well, need to get off here and get to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:36:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls....

Just a quick pop on tonight. I made it to Bible Study tonight. But had a bad Fibro day.

Still dog sitting. They are fun, cute and a lot of work.

Off to bed but just wanted you to know I didn't forget my girls tonight...not even for a
minute. Lots of love and prayers going up for you all. And Miranda so excited for your good news.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  5:53:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. Reorganizing my stuff into a couple of smaller containers so that I can get to shows and stuff easier. Then got the urge to make another necklace from found objects. As soon as it gets a bit warmer I will have to see about some other projects around the house and quit putting off a couple that I just do not want to take on. But someone has to do them and I am the only honey doing drat it all!!!
Peg, take care of yourself. Glad that the dog sitting is going well.
Blessing on that house Miranda. May it be a place of peace and plenty.
Janet, we finally got some rain and that was good. The fire danger was pretty high. Praying for that to be contained and the wind to stop.
Blessings all! Have a wonderful weekend. Praying for all those with family in harm's way and thanking God for the sacrifice of those who went before.
Hugs all!!!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  06:37:47 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to pop on & say Good Morning to all of you! I'm headed out to my cousin's so we can plant the garden. It's a little chilly out - only +5C/40F, and it might rain later...but right now it's not. So we're going to plant the garden today (finally! Last Sunday was a perfect day for planting, but my cousin had to work). At least then it will be done! As long as it doesn't freeze...I'm also getting some rocks for the bottom of my patio planters so I can start planting my garden. Let's hope it works! Not sure when I'm going to get mine done, as I'm busy today, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow...but we'll see what happens :). Maybe it won't :p. Have a great day ladies!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  09:08:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, porchies...we are speaking with a realtor on Tuesday!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  09:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sweet things,
I do hope your day is off to a beautiful and blessed start. It is sunny here although a bit sticky here in Nebraska. But can't complain.

Some of my older children are home this weekend. So we are enjoying the weekend. I am getting ready to make spaghetti and garlic bread for lunch. I am still on school schedule for lunch. My body hasn't quite gotten used to summer yet.

Peggy take my name off your drawing for dressmaker. I haven't had time to read the last book you sent yet. I will leave it on my noook list. It may be a while before I get to read it. I am still in the middle of Prayers for Sale. HOpe you are feeling better today.

Alyce...will keep you in prayers about Tuesday with realtor. That is exciting.

An update on my son in law. His cancer is not treatable with chemo or radiation. But it is the least reoccuring and most curable. So for the next five years he will go in every two months for blood work to check for tumor markers and chest xrays. Every three months for scans. If they find any cancer they have to do surgury. His scans and things this week came back clear. I think God knew he couldn't handle the chemo and they didn't have the money for the treatment. My stepdaughter did not see this as a blessing. I did. After five years if there have been no reoccurances or complications he will be considered in remission and then do tests yearly. After five more years he would be considered cured. I think God is so good.

Well I best go get lunch started before the gang comes in and asks me what i been up too.
have a beautiful day sisters
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  11:27:18 AM  Show Profile
Ruth anne so sorry about your Gram. It's very hard. Praying for you and your famly for comfort.

Angela,You go right ahead and let off steam here. We're here for you. Any time. It sounds like you're overwhelmed and depressed. After all, you had to move suddenly to you knew not where, and tho that turned out well, it's still hard. Its hard to move period, but under those circusmstances, it's even more so. And then there is this toxic Aunt, and others in your family that you have been dealing with for so long, and like you said, you haven't really done anything fun as a family for ages. And now this with your grandmother, too. You're doing all you can there.

I did have a thot about the toxic aunt. It can be useful if somebody talks to her beforehand, and tells her that if she doesn't behave, she can't come. And that she needs to decide what she wants. Does she want to come to the party and behave nicely, or stay home? And if she does bad talk anybody, or is rude or unpleasant in any way, she will be removed. This is setting appropriate boundaries for yourselves. You have the authority to do that.

It might be that person could be your hubby. He could call her and tell her. Just matter of factly that this is how it is. She can come if she behaves nicely at all times. She has to decide. If she comes and is nasty, she leaves. Sometimes telling people like that in a calm way how it is, suprises them, and they do respond. And then you have to back it up with action. She might try to bully you beforehand with threats to cause other trouble. You can call her on that too, and refuse to be pulled in.

It seems to me that taking assertive action first is better than being on the defensive at the party itself. And that way, you won't be waiting for the shoe to drop.

I'm decreeing peace and love and joy to your family. And healing to your grandmother's kidneys too. And peace to you. there is no dysfunction or nastiness in Heaven. And we are to call down heaven to earth. So I'm doing that. I'm also praying for the Aunt, who has serious problems.

Miranda, Wow! How exciting!

Alyce, keep us posted on what the Realtor says.

I'm doing better. I saw my presciber, and we upped my antidepressant dose. It isn't supposed to have an effect for weeks, but the first day I felt better. I still get down, but I actually care about things again. Talkning to my counselor also helps, plus lots of prayer from friends. And from me for that matter.

Today i am going to rewrite info for a cat shelter website.I've been putting that off until it seems huge and not possible. But I know I can do it and it won't really be that hard. Then I am going to clean a corner of my kitchen, and then I'm taking the glass recycling to the dump. (they don't pick up the glass here, you ahve to take it. )
I've actually been making food and eating it. I made chili, which needs a bit of work, and potato salad. And sandwhiches.

Julie, was it you talking about the housecleaning, and actually sheduling what and when? I need to do that, such a good idea.

I have more news, but mostly, I'm functioning again, and not so down, and making slow progress on everything.

Love and prayers to all the Porchies and your families

nan
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  3:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I got on here about 12:15 last night and typed a post on my sticky notes, but obviously I was rummy in the brain...and didn't copy and paste it because this morning when I got on The Porch there was nothing there from me from last night. Guess I can't blame my computer on that one.
LOL After having a couple of bad fibro days and gran-dog sitting...my brain had joined my body and went into Fibro Fog Land!!!

It was so nice last night to have my bed back to myself...as my son's dog is use to sleeping on their bed so has to sleep on mine when he is here. Which I have no problem with as Bella use to sleep with me too. But Brindle is a bed hog and he wants to sleep back to back with you or stretched out across my legs and feet. Because I have muscle pain I toss and turn all night long trying to find a spot that doesn't hurt (which that spot isn't there) but non-the-less...I am tossing. So, last night I got the entire bed space back to myself and I stretched out right in the middle and enjoyed all that divine space to myslef. LOL

DH is working today. I haven't accomplished much, one load of laundry and the dishes done and hung a cross stitch picture. The picture is one my beloved ex-mother-in-love had. My son and fiance' brought it back from Spokane for me. Also, my MIL had one of my very first pieces of poetry...that God gave me back in 1990 framed and hung in her bedroom. I got that back...which meant a lot to me as it is the only copy of that poem that I can find. I always save my handwritten copies and my first printed copy in notebooks but for some reason I didn't do that with my first poem...and it is one of my all time favorites. So, now I can make other copies to share with people.

One of the gals at my Bible Study Group gave me a small book the other night called "A Special Thank You"
and she took every page and personalized it. It was so sweetly done it just really touched me. This is one of my favorite quotes in the book:
" Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament.
Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower and thank God for it as a cup of blessings." by Ralph Waldo Emerson
and one other
smaller quote by Chief Tecumseh of the Shawnee (my ancesters)
"If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself."

Aren't those beautiful sayings?
I just had to share them.

Teacher Tammy - I will grant your wish and remove you from the book give-away. You sounded in lovely spirits this morning. A bit more relaxed from the class room, I am sure. A bit of "ME TIME" is always good for the Soul.

Nan...You sound much better yourself and you had some very good advice for Angela. I hope she is lurking and reading.
We all want her to have a "Special Birthday" don't we?

Well, I am off to go read and sit out on the Porch with a drink. It is windy but warm outside but pleasantly warm (mid 70's).

Have a Wonderful Holiday Wknd Girls!

Hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow, lots going on this week here on the porch. I'm trying the postit note idea to write responses as I read them so I don't forget any.

Angela - I've been going through a similiar problem. Just don't have any motivation and then feel guilty and rush to get a couple jobs done so I can at least say I've done something for the day. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Julie - I've been wanting to try geocaching. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Miranda - congrats on getting the closing date for the house. So exciting. Train is an adorable dog. How's he adjusting to his new home?

Ruth Ann - sorry about your grandmother. It's had to lose them.

Update on df's job interview. He's being flown out to Jamestown, ND, Tuesday for a job interview - company is paying for everything. If they give him a job offer they want him there in 2 weeks to start. Needless to say our heads have been spinning a bit at the thought of how fast this may go down. I'll probably stay here in Michigan until July for several reasons. We'll see.

We put my Montana minivan up for sale today and have somebody interested. I'm hoping we get it sold this weekend. We really can't move it with us.

Like Angela I'm having problems getting motivated this week. For me I think it's just getting use to the new part time job which is so physical. I took Friday off work since it was a 4-day for the Army. I had several things I planned to do and instead sat on the couch and ended up spending the whole afternoon and evening readying Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've decided to reread the series. My oldest son's girlfriend has been posting pictures from London - she's on a school trip there - which caused me to get motivated about rereading the books again. It's one of my favorite series and I've been saying I'm going to reread them again but just hadn't gotten to it.

Need to cut this off. Somebody is setting off fireworks and the dogs are getting really spooked. Oreo keeps jumping up on my lap and on the computer she's so spooked.

I'll keep you updated Tuesday when I know more. Keep us in your prayers.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  08:49:53 AM  Show Profile
Happy,Blessed Sunday Porchies!
Yeaaa Miranda on the Realtor date. So happy for you!I'll save my Snoopy-Dance for the actual signing.lol
Janet, so sorry for all the wind and fires you are enduring there.We need rain here in Ohio but it keeps going around us.We'll get it when God deems best I suppose! *giggle*
Netty,woohoo, I'm always up for a free band concert.
Cherime,you made me laugh at your,"Honey-Do-It-All"list comment. Cute! You are my favorite,"I Can Do It"poster Gal! You amaze me!
Alyce,Hurray on the realtor.I'm so glad!
Hi Peg, loved the quotes. Don't ya just love quote books? Just a little nibble of something greater, that we just don't have time for right now,but will get to later! Hey...that rhymes! hahaha
I'm a poet and don't know it,but my feet show it...they're Longfellows! lol I crack me up!heehee
I've decided that you should be designated our:
"Official Dorm Mother!"
How's that?
You are so caring and concerned for all of us!
You hardly EVER miss a day of checking in!
AND heaven forbid if WE miss more than a couple of days,you send the PorchPossie out after us....
Yup...You Are our(O.D.M)"Official Dorm Mother!"
Congrats....you've earned it!(take a bow)@D-}-}---
My devotional reading the other day said, "Make the choice every day to not be a "Wimpy-Whiner,but to get out there and win!" I like that! I'm going to give it my best shot!....no promises....but I'm gonna try! *giggle*
Well Gals, it's gonna be a scorcher today. Gonna lay low and "Veg!" hahaha
Have a GREAT Sunday Gals!
Love ya ALL!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 27 2012 08:55:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  5:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Evening sweet things,
I do hope yall have had a wonderful day. Just got home from an 80th birthday party for aunt of dear hubby. Boy did they have the yummiest cupcakes. I might have one or two..hehehe

Judy...I think Peggy being our dorm mama..maybe we should say porch mama

Peggy...Judy is right you look after us all right well. I know I best check in every few days or the porch patrol is on my butterfly wings..hehhehehe

My house is empty. All the family went home and Jax crawled up next to me and went to sleep. He was happy to have the house to himself with his family again. Just cracked me up. I was the one he wanted to nap by.

Well I hope yall have a wonderful memorial day. Let us not forget the freedoms we have and that so many have sacrificed on our behalf.

Time for tea and some crochet.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  6:16:51 PM  Show Profile
I am almost all packed and ready for camping. We will be leaving in the morning and won't be back until next Sunday. I hope we have nice weather. It rained most of the day today, then the sun came out, but only 59 degrees for the high. More rain expected tomorrow, so we might be setting up in the rain, plus traveling in it.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I will see you all next week,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  12:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Evening Lovely Ladies...

Bad weather here...didn't even get out of bed until 2:00 pm. My body protested at even that.
Sat on the sofa for the rest of the day and evening with the heating pad on my back. It finally gave me some relief.

I worked on my granny squares. Then tried out two new knitting patterns for washcloths. Didn't like either pattern (I have to have relaxing patterns not brain twisters) as I like to knit and watch tv and visit with DH.

Judy...that Dorm Mom was both funny and cute! Though I must admit I do feel more like The Porch Mom. Have to check on my porchies every few days. Like a Mama Bird with her chicks. So, yeah I will wear My Porch Mom Badge with pride!!! Bow Taken! Ha Ha!

I do love quote books and I collect my favorite quotes and put them in a journal. Have done that for at least 25 years.

RFM Tammy.... I think we all have periods of feeling down, depressed and un-motivated. Especially like you, Angela, Nan, Alyce (and even Myself)when our lives are confused by moves, possibility of moves and just kind of hanging in limbo... not knowing which direction you will be taking.

I don't personally feel depressed about moving...I am just
leaving it all in God's hands because I know we must move...but we have to wait...for something to give...so we can move forward. I just feel we are unsettled I guess. But anyway...we all have each other to lean on and pray for and encourage...and that feels good.
Miranda's move seems to being going forward and I am glad for her. It is always exciting once you see where life is taking you.
Keep us posted on how the Job interview goes for BF.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, how is our little Jax doing?
Has he grown anymore? Or is he still staying about 6-8 lbs? He is sooooo cute!

Our Snickers is a little tank. He is a stocky Scotty. I am not sure how much he weighs now, we take him in on June 5th for a well-dog check and his rabies shot...so, I will be interested to see what he weighs. I just know when I pick him up he feels like about 25 lbs to me. Scottys can be anywhere from 15-35lbs. Snickers Mother was 35 lbs, which is a big Scotty. I hope he doesn't get that big.
When his brother was here...both dogs
were walking away from me on their tie-downs out in the back yard...and they looked like two little fluffy-butts swaying back and forth. Like they were sash-shaying...it was so funny! Wish I would have videoed it.

It is always nice to have family visit...but it is also nice to have your house back to normal isn't it?

This next weekend, my youngest son, his fiance, and my middle son and myself are going to Seattle to Oldest sons house...for youngest grand-daughters birthday.(Man...that was a mouthful!) I can hardly believe my little Naomi is going to be one. Then in July older grand-daughter turns 4. They are growing up faster than I want them too. I would like to keep them right where they are. So precious and cute!

Janet...I hope you have a great camping trip. If you are in a camper...the rain won't be as big a problem than if you were tent camping. When I was younger, I loved tent camping and even had my share of rainy vacations weeks. We always had tarps over the picnic tables so we could at least sit out there and play cards or something...unless the rain was coming down side-ways.
Praying for sunshine for you and NO RAIN!

OK...off to read in bed for awhile.

Sweet Dreams Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 28 2012 12:29:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Only have a minute to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day!!!! Boy it was hot here in Indiana yesterday 97. I got nothing done outside. So I went out a 6:30 am to work. Now it's only 80 and breezy. I planted a small planter veggie and herb garden to share with the local food pantry. Im also weeding a area for my perinals. Almost ready to papper and mulch. Well breakfast is done . So off to have a bite and outside I go. I promise I will catch up later. I just want you all to know that you and yours are in my prayers and praises.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,

I've been AWOL for awhile now so I have no clue how you all are doing. Hoping I'll be on here more often keeping in touch with all of you. Just got back from a quick trip to Portland. Took the kids to the Children's Museum. Five hours of thousands, I kid you not there had to be thousands of kids in there, yelling and running and having fun was exhausting. My kids had a blast. Then we went to a toy store and splurged. Then the hotel and swimming pool. Or should I say hot tub???? Momma was pooped. Next day we went to China Town (never been to one before) and looked at a beautiful garden. We even had a Chinese tea party at their teahouse. Then we went to the amusement park. The fair was there as well. So we had a blast. Kids were over the moon excited about the rides and all the fun. It was fun. It was like a carnival minus the carnies. And they had a carousel. I love carousels. So the kids had the time of their lives. Husband and I feel like we've been drug through a keyhole and want a holiday from our holiday.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  1:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Peg, you need to rest up from being dog handled by a bed hog. One of my cats is a bed hog. He gets right at the foot of the bed and keeps me short sheeted all night.
The local nursery guy had me come and get my tomato basket yesterday. He said it was good for outside up here and he had it outside so hopefully all the lovely blooms on it will actually become tomatoes.
Kim glad you had a good time in old Portland with the kiddos.
T.L. Tammy, the cupcakes sound yummy. I am trying to refrain from cake of any kind so it sounds even yummier than usual.
Judy, I had the best dad a girl ever had. He told me I could do anything a guy could do I might just have to do it a bit differently due to my lack of sheer muscle. So I never even entertained the idea that I could not do stuff around the house.
Tammy, yea the motivation thing is a real issue. It has been a cool spring and not conducive to outside projects yet. And the way the list keeps growing I think the light at the end of the tunnel really is the train.
Janet, I want a small sail boat that I can get into the water on my own. That would be so nice. Your camping trip sounds good.
The sun is finally out and it is up to about 60. Spent the morning taking photos of DS stuff that he wants to sell. Put it on Craigs List and hope to get him a little extra money. Now I am taking pix of the pillow cases I have left from the sales. Not sure but think that I will maybe put them on Etsy. Thinking about it hard.
Blessing all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  1:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day!!!
Ok Miss Peg, you can be the "Porch-Chickie Mom" (PCM) lol Wish I could have seem the sashaying that was going on. Thru you I think I DID see it! *giggle* Do you remember the "Aristicats",Disney film? There were these 2 geese,sisters,and their drunk uncle. They were trying to help him walk home,one propping him up on either side. But every time he'd stumble&sway...they'd sway with him...then they'd stumble&sway the other way....giggling and *hicupping* and saying "shhhhhhhh....quiet" , the whole time. Patsy&I just love that movie and that part especially. LOL Still *giggling*.....A great movie when you feel down!
Well hello Kimberly....long time no see. Glad you're back. So glad you and your family had a fun time with your Adventure Day! hahaha
Now you can rest up.
Well it's 95/humid/sun/clouds and we may see some rain before the night is through. I hope so.I'll probably go out and just stand in it....been known too....many times! lol I knew we'd pay for all that mild winter stuff. The temps are suppose to drop starting tomorrow. Might have a high of 61 on Friday...believe that? Amazing! Extra quilt for the bed that night!hahaha Strange!
Well, later gators!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  1:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, OMGosh it sounds like a great trip and I totally get why you're exhausted. whew. How far is Prosser from Portland? I"m about 2 and a half hours from Portland from the south.

I have a Farmgirl thing that I did to report! I started building my second super for my bee hive. That is the square box that you see stacked up in bee hives. They come already cut out with handles routed in all four sides. IT's a rectangle. The boards are dadoed at each end (not sure about that. they have "fingers" that will lock together once they are glued and nailed). Well, I knelt on the step in my garage and drilled all the holes in each "finger" on all the boards. I had to match the drill bit with the nail size, which i did. (I've done this before.) And then I picked a longer and a shorter side and hammered the joints together, after carefully putting glue in all the spaces, and then nailed the pieces together from both directions. Those babies are tight when they are done. Since I don't have a jig to set the pieces in, I fiddled and pondered about the best way to attache the other two sides and decided that I would just make the other corner. Then the two corners would be very solid, and much easier to handle and attach.

So I put the other two pieces together. I made sure each time that the "handles" for each piece were on top. And then I went to put the whole thing together. I discovered that the ends arne't all the same, and there is another "top" side to consider. The short ends have a sort of ledge to hole the frames that will fill the box. Well, I didn't pay attenition to that, so i have two haves of two boxes now. I went over to my neighbor to ask if these corners could be pulled apart. He shook his head and said no way. They are naiiled in both directions and glued.

So what I will do is order another super and then *carefully* put together the two corners so they will match the two I have, and then I will have two more boxes to put on my hive. I have to paint them, too. (Lavender in this case. My friends painted theirs pale green.)

I goofed up, but I did it. I learned a lot, and I'll be able to do it easily next time. We have a friend who does a lot of woodworking, and he made a jig for assembling the frames. He is out of commission because he and a friend were falling a small pine tree, and he didn't get back enough and was scraped by it. He'll be ok, but he's not doing anything for awhile. BUT, my other beekeeping friend knows how to use the frame jig, and will meet me there so we can put together 50 frames. That should keep us for awhile.

I'm still waiting on where to move to and when. I'm giog to clean the living room up today, and then tomorrow, i think I'll go downstairs and look at the boxes still left from my move from Eureka, from home. I know there are things I don't need to keep. I think I'm able to get rid of them now.

God bless all you Porchies, and I'm praying for you all.
Nan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page