Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  06:47:34 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm...blackberries. I love blackberry jam. I'm a cherry pie kinda girl.

Could use some prayers today. For DH's grandma, his cousin, him, me, and DD. His grandma was put in hospice, which is good, she really is done. Hoping she passes peacefully. His cousin is not taking it well as she was very close to grandma. DH is there to support his cousin but doesn't have a connection/bond with his grandma. The rest of the family doesn't care at all. DH said they were hanging up when they tried to call and tell them it was the end for grandma. None of this is surprising. They can't be bothered to drive across town, much less 3 hours to see grandma. DD and I need prayers because she's driving me CRAZY!! Ha ha. With her daddy gone to work or to see his grandma and cousin, we are on our own... alone... together... all.the.time.

I got my fridge/freezer cleaned out yesterday! Maybe I will just concentrate on cleaning today. Yesterday I marked out a spot to start a new garden. That will be a long project since there's tons of rocks all over the place. I'll have to clear it a litte just to get the grass cut back. I'll be making a fence using cinder blocks, poles, and cement. After that it should be kind of a neat girl garden retreat. I was daydreaming about growing blackberries and fruit trees. I would plant peas and beans along all the fence walls so it could be covered in leaves. A little Secret Garden spot. But...I guess I have to get this house cleaned out first. A girl can dream, though.

Have a great day ladies!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  08:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
Welcome to all the newbies here. So glad u joined us. Always room for more sisters on the porch. Miss Katy has come to visit me at my nanny job. We decided to pack up the boys and go to the park. Mustin forget the picnic. Then were going to look for a letterbox that's only a few miles from here. What a fun day this will be.
Well Im off . Leaving you all pulled pork sandwiches and icetea with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Enjoy!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Jun 14 2012 10:34:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  11:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sugar-girl Pam from Sugarloaf!Always happy to share the porch swing with another fellow farmgal!*scooching my butt over*
Rebecca, Most of us just scream and give up after the puter eats our messages,good for you for coming back and putting something back on here. That shows how patient you are. Bless you Girl!
YUM, gorgeous,tasty blackberry pie. My fav! Don'cha just love all the fun, calorie-free treats we can share here. It's like playing house or tea-party with the big girls! *giggle* I just made a pot of Gevalia Strong roast coffee....who wants some with their pie?
Peg, I'm amazed at all the people I know, who have food related allergies. Isn't that crazy? awwwwwww, so glad to hear that the Grand-baby is doing better. Will keep the Prayers going up for her. Poor little ones don't understand shots&EKG's do they?/!
I love all the rich colors you used in that afghan. Very nice!
TLTammy, "I was told to destress...so letting go of things and giving them to God!"...isn't that beautiful, isn't that a real Blessing...for God to give us the privledge of unloading on HIM! Praise His name!
Julie, so sorry about all the heartache.
I love your "secret-garden-girl-retreat" idea. I'm there with ya. *giggle*
mmmmmm....who said cherry pie, Now I'm hungry. hahaha
Catch yuns later Gals. Doing laundry and hanging it outside in the gorgeous sunshine/80/breeze.
Make it a Great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 14 2012 11:14:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  11:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Pam re porch swing, cottage garden, that's exactly what I want. Yes.

I'm seeing houses with yards that can be gardens, but it will be a lot of work, and I'm tired right now, so what I want is something mostly there, and then something to sit in.

Good Heavens, Rebecca, already? wow. Ours are just barely blooming, and that's the natives, not the Himalayas.

Marlee, scream away. We've all done that.

Wow, PeggyAnn. That's gorgeous. RE grandbaby, so glad she is better enough to torment the dogs.Praying for all. (even dogs, hee hee)

Cherime, I am going to use helium baloons from now on, thank you.

I've been looking for and at houses (from the street). There was one possible, but the people decided not to move. There's another in a semi-industrial (well, that's overstating it) area south of the bridge. It is a house and what used to be the old post office long ago, both put together into one house. It could be neat, but I havent seen the inside yet. It's ok. My heart doesn't sink when I see it. But it doesn't rise either. It would be really neat to turn it into a beautiful urban farm, but I'm so tired, I dunno if I have the energy. And do I really want to live in that part of town? maybe not. No garage, either.

But I'm trusting God to show me my house. I just keep looking.

School is done with our two concerts on Tuesday. I worked three days this week and am pooped.
WOrk is much better, and I can see a direct connection between praying and improvements. It's really interesting.

Could use prayer for strength, the house, and me packing.
Carry on Porchies! We're certainly well set up with pulled pork sandwiches and blackberry pie.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  5:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, it's been way tooooooo long since I've been on here! I've missied you all so much, but now that school's over and I'm into my summer groove now, so I will hopefully be on here more now! I hope that everyone is having fabulous summers!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody, I am going to try it again, Last night I typed alot of things and just before I was to submit it dropped off I was upset.
My farm sisters , PeggyAnn and Rebecca told me to kick and scream since they have had it happen to them. So I did , it didnt bring it back but it made me feel better.LOL.
Severral of you were talking about Blackberries. When I was young we picked, picked, picked Blackberries. My momma made the best jelly, she made
cobbler and dumplings, what I would give to taste them again.

I am praying for all my Porchies that need prayer and praising for the ones that were answered.

I love sitting on the Porch and I noticed we have quiet a few more new farmsisters, whoohoo. This is so wonderful.
OHHHH, has anyone got a good split pea soup recipe. I really love it but I want to make it from scratch , not out of the can!

You all are making me hungry with all the food that is mentioned. It all sounds so good. Well now I got to go get me something to eat.

Ok for right now I'm going to get off here, so when I hit submit it better do it right. Love you all! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nan , yes I screamed away. But I made it this time. Whoohoo.LOL Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:39:39 PM  Show Profile
You ladies with the berries are making me jealous! lol I'm just excited that I have flowers on my strawberry plants & I'm hoping they produce this year! I have no idea, since the only one who grew strawberries was my Grandma, and mine are in a container. So I don't know. But I'm hoping! And the rhubarb! If I could grow it in a container, I would try! haha I'm thinking of getting a plant & putting it out at my cousin's with the rest of the real garden. We'll see what she thinks :p. She's not a fan of rhubarb, but I'd like it, and then whenever I get my own place/yard/garden, I could move it there.

FarmDream Julie - sending good vibes & prayers your way. And hugs too!

Ruthie Anne - those sandwiches & strawberry shortcake sound delicious! Hope it wasn't too messy to eat at the park!

Hey there Megan! Glad to see you back! You're finished school & I'm going to be starting it! Haha.

Well, I finally got a start on my cleaning schedule. I've had it, but being busy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights from September until June doesn't leave much time for getting stuff done. It could, but I also like to be able to relax for a bit, and by the time I get home from work, have supper & do my stuff, it's generally after 9 by the time I'm in (sometimes earlier, sometimes later). So my cleaning has been awfully neglected! But today was my day to do the dishes, and thankfully they are all done except for the crockpot. I also went & bought a few groceries tonight, so I had to "record" all of that. I want to keep track of things just to see where I'm spending & what I can change. I never seem to have any money, but after figuring out what needs to come out on each paycheque, it's no wonder I have hardly any money left! From the 1st to the 14th, I have $908.80 going out (which includes rent) & from the 15th - 31st, it's $615. So I'm trying to make it easier on myself by tracking everything.

My beans are coming up good . I'm so excited about them lol. The rest of them seem to have stopped growing (I know they are, but you can't really see it, and it's been cooler & cloudy this week....so you have to use your imagination!). I'll figure out how to post some pictures to show all of ya!

Night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Mega, it has been awhile since you have been on here, we have missed you. Hope you enjoy your summer vacation and join us more often.Love your posts.
We are supposed to get rain starting tonight until next week. I sure hope we do not have a week of rain, still waiting for it to warm up, only 62 degrees for the high all week.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Good evening (night rather) Porchies! I love watching the fireflies flicker.

At the farmer's market today, there were some sour cherries... of course I had to get some, they looked so pretty! I'm going to make a pie or a crumble/crisp for Dad for Father's Day.

I went to a doTERRA essential oils class at a friend's house tonight, it was very interesting.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Boy do I need to rest! Took the whole family berry picking with me this evening. There are so many berries!!!! I "had" to buy a juicer today so I didn't have so many seeds this time. I have looked for a Squeezo but can't find one any where! I seen someone talking about coffee jelly on here so I thought I might as well while I'm making jelly.
Judy- Living with this family you learn patience ha ha.
I hope everything goes well for all the farmgirls here on the porch.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  12:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...
I am very tired and sore tonight. Tired from packing this morning...but my friend Paula helped me and we got a lot accomplished.
When I slept this afternoon (once my chronic fatigue hit) I got up once to go the the little girls room and I rolled out on the right side of the bed and bam the Vertigo hit and the room went spinning and I fell. I hit my head on the wall and my knee and elbow on the floor. DH wasn't home...and the dog was up on the bed looken down at me like, "Hey, mom...whatcha doin down there?" Trying to kill myself I think. Who would have ever thought that two people in one household could have come down with Vertigo in the same week, for totally different reasons, and both fallen. Insane! That's what it is.

I went to my Craft Group tonight and finished up all my Granny Squares...now I just have to put my afghan all together.

Ruthie...yummy I love pulled pork sandwhiches (I make them every couple of months). And who doesn't like Strawberry shortcake? I hope you had a lovely picnic at the Park!

Julie...loved your Garden Dream! Sounds Lovely. From now on I will have a little patio garden. Just flowers to nourish my soul. I am not going to grow veggies...just not enough room.
But like you...I need that little Secret Garden space just for me to sit and enjoy.

Judy...Wow, I think we have all gotten each other salivating over berries and pies and all kinds of good eats! Wish I had a for real piece of berry cobbler right now. My mouth is watering!

Nan...you really do have to ask yourself...how much outside work you want to take on with your new house. When we asked ourselves that question we came up with the answer of "absolutely non". DH and I have too many health problems to keep doing what we did for years. And even if we want to...we can't anymore. Getting Old Stinks!

Megan...Welcome home girlie....we missed you! Glad school is out for awhile and you get a summer break. Glad to hear that you are getten that Summer Groove On. Do you have any traveling plans this summer?
Are you babysitting or anything?

Marlee...see that scream and kicking something worked didn't it? Or at least it made you feel a little better.
I haven't made split pea soup for years but I always used hamhocks, milk and split-peas with one or two dried hot red peppers in it (but would remove them after the soup was ready to serve). I would smash half of the peas up after they were cooked just to make it a little thicker. OK, now you made me hungry for split pea soup. Shame on you!
LOL

Pam...you could probably grow Rhubarb in a pot if it was big enough...but you would do better sticking it in a flower bed somewhere...if you don't have a vegetable garden.

Janet...we are just getting rid of the rain (maybe we sent it your way) and now we are suppose to have a week of nice dry, sunny days. Yahoo! Bring it on!

Lindsey...I had never seen fireflys until I visited Michigan when my oldest son was living there. One night we turned all the house lights off and just sat in the living room watching the fireflys in the neighbors yard. It was so pretty.

Rebecca...what pray tell is a Squeezo? I have never heard of that. Coffee Jelly sounds interesting...doesn't it. Let us know if you make any and what you think of it.

Well I am off to dreamland girls.
Nightie Night!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  05:01:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
A squeezo is a manual strainer. It looks like an old meat grinder (sorta) with a funnel. They have different size screens that you can put on it depending on what your working with. It seperates the juice from the skin and seeds. It was life saver for my mom when we were growing up canning for the whole family. It does great for tomatoes! And the seeds and skin is awesome in the compost. Or you can seperate your seeds and save them. Well, I have to ge3t to jellymaking before it gets too hot.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porch! I've enjoyed my morning coffee and reading thru a few pages here. Ya'll sound like good folks!

Hey Ms Lindsey, I've been using doTerra for about 8 weeks now and it has made a world of difference! I see a natualist (she reads your eyes, kind of wierd but cool too) and she gives me a list to follow. The oils have helped balance my sytem in just a few weeks, and after years of doctor visits with little help, I'm sold. They are pricey, but worth it.

We started out the weekend with a visit to the farmers market. I'm going to have to get my canning supplies from my mom! So much good stuff! I'm taking the kids to a local folk festival today to enjoy some outdoor music and local art! There is a lady that comes every year who spins yarn, and I'm learning how to spin so I think I'll spend some time watching her! I hope everyone enjoys your weekend!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile
'Mornin Porchies!
So far it's still in the low 60's and it's 11AM. We are gonna get another 90 degree group of days,Sunday thru Tuesday(so they say). Not humid right now so maybe it won't be too unbearable. I hate having to stay in the house all day or go to the library because of the heat. Since we don't have A/C it can get pretty rough around here.
Gonna go see Mama today. Let's see what we get into. ...to be continued...hahaha
Welcome Shanda! Pull up a board or rocker and enjoy all the Virtual,calorie-free treats,warm hugs and camaraderie. We're a close bunch here.You're amomg Sisters! "What happens on the Porch,Stays on the Porch!!" hahaaha
I've not heard of coffee jelly, but it sounds good to me. *giggle* Who mentioned it? I missed that somehow.
Peggy, I'm so sorry for you Girl...are you ok now? Did you break the wall with your head?(sorry...just couldn't miss that beat.it was there,just taunting me) *giggle* Seriously tho, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something in that house that's messing with both of you,I dunno...fumes,gasses,something in the walls....I'm actually glad you are moving outta there now. ~geesh~
My sister,Patsy has a Squeezo that she just loves when she's canning and making jellies. I like some seeds in my jams,but Jim doesn't. They love the Squeezo. Mama had one when I was home too.
We have red and white raspberries just starting to bear. We just eat them. We planted them a few years back and keep them contained in the back corner of our lot. The white ones bear twice,early and late.There's also a black-rasp in the mix, but it struggles just to give us a few. So, ya, we just eat them. hahaha
We have been sitting out on patio and enjoying the fireflies for a couple of weeks now. Lately they've been coming right onto the patio and are in our faces. We just stare at each other,then just shoo them away. haha
Megan, so good to see you 'Lil Sis! Hope you have some adventures to share with us, since it's been so long. *giggle*
Well, I'm off(I'm always off,it's what makes me,ME!) hahaha
Make it a great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  1:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello my dear sweet things,
Thought I would sit a spell and share some afternoon tea with yall. For the life of me I can't remember what knid of tea I made..yikes!

I am very excited as we have accepted an offer on our house which means as soon as all the paperwork is complete it is officially sold. We hope to have most of the paperwork done by next week so we can move forward with the offer we put in on the other farm acreage. We are shooting to be able to move mid JUly, although our closing is Aug. 1...a bit too close to school starting and me needing to get things ready for my new set of butterflies.

I was to the dr again yesterday and blood pressure was no better so they ran bloodwork to see if there is anything causing it, I have a stict diet, exercise plan and go back in a month unless bloodwork shows something out of whack! Dr said it may be genetic as it runs in my family and could have been set off because of all that is going on in my life. I have been crocheting or reading every night before bed. Dr. said to be good and I said that was a tall order for Madame Butterfly.

Megan so good to see you back. Missed you with us.

Peggy love the granny squares. Girl you be careful with all that you are doing. Will keep praying for your granddaughter. Glad to know she is home.

Tomorrow I am going to a Beth Moore Video Conference at one of our local churches and I am very excited about it. Will be good to do something that has nothing to do with my house.

well ladies hope you are having a great day. It is raining today but so needed.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  2:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon girls! Anyone for some mocha cookies with caramel filling? It looks like we have some new faces here; welcome!

We went to look at a house Wednesday night. We really liked the online tour and Ric wanted to make an offer right away, but something told me we should see it in person. Good thing we did. The rec room in the basement, while gorgeous, had ceilings that were less than six and a half feet high. Considering that Ric is 6'4" barefoot, that doesn't exactly work!

We found another one we are curious about, but poor Mister has a nasty stomach bug. So, have to wait. In the meantime, I am getting a head start on holiday gifts.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  2:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi PeggyAnn hope you are Ok. That is totally weird that both you and husband had a spell of Vertigo. I think you might need to rest for a little while. Maybe you just did to much.

Ruthie do you have any more pulled pork sandwiches,Yummy!

I be back in a couple of days so till I'll be back on here....!

Did you make Pea Soup ,PeggyAnn. I laughed at that.

By all my Porchies Talk later! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  4:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I haven't been here in quite a long time. I guess time flies quickly. Hope all is well with everyone even though no one really knows me lol. I have a question...I was sitting out last night and noticed tons of fireflies. Here on Staten Island we don't see many of them so I was wondering what actually brings them around. Do I need to worry about all my vegetables that I planted

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  7:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Good evening porchies! It's clouding over here tonight & it's supposed to rain all weekend . I want sunshine! And warmth too!

Linz, so happy you found something yummy at the farmer's market. I never get to go to our local one since it's on Fridays from 11-1, and my lunch is at 1. So I never get to go to it, unless by chance I have a Friday off (not likely). What is/are doTERRA essential oils? I've never heard of them. Sounds interesting, regardless.

Peggy - I hope you're alright! Vertigo doesn't sound like fun at all! I think I'll leave the rhubarb for the ground...I'm running out of room on my patio .

Judy - I want some raspberries! It floors me now that kids/families can sell a 4 L pail of them for $15! We used to pick them & give them away for free! We had a lot of rows growing up....I never saw fireflies til I was out at my cousin's neighbor's place a few years back. Don't know why we don't have them at my Mom's...but oh well.

Tea_Lady_Tammy - did you figure out your tea flavor? lol I do that sometimes too . Or I forget I made it haha. Good luck on all of your paperwork & moving! When do you start school again? Our kids aren't out yet - I think their last day is the 27th maybe?

Alyce - you wouldn't have to worry about finding a chair or ladder to change the lightbulbs! I always hate that job lol. I'm too short (and I'm 5'5"!) & the ceilings too high!

Joan, I don't think you have to worry about your vegetables (although I could be wrong!).

Well, I talked to my Mom for an hour tonight, then made supper (tacos), and watched an episode of Road to Avonlea...thinking I might go to bed now. I woke up ridiculously early at 4:30 this morning due to a weird, freaky dream - I had a worm that wouldn't come out of my finger & it was alive! Ew ew ew ew!!!! It freaked me out enough that I didn't fall asleep until my alarm went off, then I didn't want to get up . So I've been tired all day. Hoping tomorrow is nice out & I can do a few things. Still need to work on my cleaning list, but I was so tired tonight - stupid 4:30 am. Anyhow. Going to bed now, so I'll check in tomorrow likely!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  7:47:30 PM  Show Profile
I am tired, so just a quick hello for tonight. Peggy, hope you are feeling better now. I have not seen any fire flies since I moved back to town 30 years ago, but out in the country there were lots of them. I would catch them with the kids and put them in a jar. I do not think they eat vegetation from the garden.
More tomorrow, have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Pam, waking up earlier than you want to is never fun! Been there, done that! I hope you get better sleep tonight!
Judy, I hope that it didn't get too hot near you today! Here it's just starting to get warm, and while I like the heat and sun, it makes it hard to do anything productive outside.
Tammy, I hope that everything works out with your moving situation. And I wish we had some rain! Send Wisconsin some rain vibes?
Welcome Shanda! I think that you'll like it here on the porch! I know I definitely do.
Miss Peggy, I hope that you are feeling better today!
My summer has been going pretty well. I'm going to be spending three weeks in North Carolina starting in two weeks to do a pre-college program. I'm really excited, especially to be in North Carolina! I've also been trying to run as much as possible, I want to make sure that I'm in shape for when rugby starts back up in the fall. But otherwise it's been low key. It's nice to be able to read more and not worry about school all the time! I hope everyone has great Saturdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  06:03:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Busy day ahead of me, just enjoying a cup of coffee before I get started. Already milked the goat and did the daily barn chores. Have to go back out and trim hooves later and do some other "every so often" barn chores.

I still haven't decided if the cherry dessert will be a pie or a crisp/crumble/cobbler, but I'll be baking that today, as well as a tart with the apricots I have in the fridge - I'm thinking some goat cheese on the bottom, with some honey and herbs de province mixed in, topped with sliced apricots and glazed with a bit more honey.

Pam, doTERRA is a brand of essential oils - one of the better brands as they are really and truly pure. Most of them can be taken internally as well as applied topically or used aromatically. The basic premise is that, anything you would use an herb or plant to heal, you can use the essential oil instead and much less of it - for example she said that one drop of peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of peppermint tea, since the oils are so concentrated.

Well, coffee is gone - have a great day ladies!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  09:38:19 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, how do you mean the doTERRA essential oils balanced your system. I'm interested in them, in part because they sound like a good product, but also I'm interested in anything that might help me with a number of things.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Afternoon, farmgals!
You all sound so busy!

Lindsey: I miss my goats and the milk. No shed here for one or I would have one...or more..teehee

Judy: Now I want some raspberries too. Tried growing some, but they all died off, not enough sun I think, that's what I get for living in the forest. lol

Peggy: I'm thinking like Judy and believe that house is making you sick, so it IS good you're getting out of there.

Hubby is in his workshop making me a 12 inch planter out of wood. That is so sweet. :) Wish I felt that productive today. Kinda dragging my feet for some reason. Hubby wants to go over to his sister's place after while to get a double set of rain barrels and a tumbling compost barrel. YAY! After living here 13 years, we finally get some! She wasn't using them anymore, so ya, I will put them to good use. Missed 2 good rains that would have filled those rain barrels to overflowing this past week.PLUS, I get a Jeep ride out of the deal, since we have to hook up the trailer to it bring all those goodies home. :)

Hope ya'll have a great weekend.
Hugs%Squeezles

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page