Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  12:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Angela...You TRUST that 15 yrs. that you and hubby have made it through thick and thin. You TRUST God to deal with those you have no control over (In-laws and Out-laws) and you trust that DH is good for his
word and that he will deal with his own family, so that you don't have to. AND you need to quit worrying
what everyone thinks of you...because it doesn't really matter. You can't change their opinion and worrying
about it...isn't going to make it better or make it go away. Trust those whom you can trust and Let Go of the rest. Seems to me that hubby has already decided who is most important to him. Be happy and content with that knowledge.

Bunny...loved your microwave story! God is Good...even in the small things (that seem big to us at the time). ~ Cheese cake sounds delicious! I would have been up eating a piece at 2:00 in the morning too. LOL

Miss Miranda...will be glad when your trial is all over. How stressful to have to relive that. Also, happy to hear that you have a Wedding Date. How are you guys liking the new place?

Cherime...wow, that is a lot of money for heating huh? Does your Renter share that expense with you?
You really have a short summer season don't you? We are having a fabulous Indian Summer...still some hot
days ahead for us. It is suppose to be in the low 90's tomorrow. The nights are very cool...nice low tempts for easy sleeping.

Cassi...house work done right can kill you! LOL It also waits for you if you want to ignore it for a day
or two also. ~ Glad you got a lot of meat out of your skinny cow. Sounds like Gods Math to me.

Ruthie Ann...been praying for your daughter and those killed in Libya today. Let us know what daughter decided. Hope things start going better for you too my friend.

Madame Butterfly...you may need to clip a few butterfly wings...to get them settled down for the long haul
this year. I am sure each class is different every year and having more students this year is an added
stressor I am sure. You are not failing them or yourself...they just need to know who is boss and it's NOT
them. LOL It will all begin to smooth out pretty soon. I know that you take them to God daily and we are praying for them and you too. I am glad that you have your bible study group and your crocheting and reading to give you some much needed "ME" time. Oh, yeah...and all your delicious teas (the nectar of heaven). That helps too!
Remember to KEEP LOOKING UP!

Well, my lovelies...I am off to read for a bit. Have a glorious nights rest~
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 13 2012 12:48:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  07:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I am 100% with Peggy on this one, God is the only one who can handle this matter. Trust that He will do so and try not to get into any of those movies that we tend to play out in our heads regarding how things will play out. All that does is give you more gray hair to deal with. You cannot make your DH’s family be nice to either you or your kids. But they are going to be the losers here. Sounds like none of them have any clue as to how to have a relationship. And if “blood” is all they worry about maybe there was some inter marriage historically that has caused a bit of miss wiring in their brains. Just keep praying for God to send workers to them to show them the truth so they can be free.

PeggyAnn, my renter, non-paying renter does not have enough money coming in from welfare to do much of anything. I pay for all here in the way of utilities with the exception of her phone which costs her $10 per month. She is still trying to get on SSI but in the meantime......stuff has to be paid anyway so I pay it. The interesting thing is that the natural gas line is two acre lots above me and it is not coming this way unless I pay for it which is not likely as they want $11.25 per foot to get it here. Stuff might as well be on the moon. My neighbors are in a similar state but a bit worse off as this place is paid for and they have a hefty mortgage. He was injured in a hunting accident, dislocated shoulder and while waiting for the others to come back so they could take him home the next day, he had a heart attack. She is the only one working and she works for the Air Force Reserves. Her orders are likely to run out and then they are going to be in a pickle. She goes to my church. He still hunts and fishes, bringing home what he can in the way of food. But they could use a break and I know that the heating fuel bill is hard on them as well.

Bunny, I truly understand about the microwave. God can do some amazing stuff. I gave this house over to him years ago and he keeps it going, not I.

Ruthie, waiting to hear where DD is going and God bless and keep her.

Madam Butterfly sounds like you could use a big butterfly net to rein in the little dears. Hopefully the parents are supportive. Praying for you.

Miranda glad that is over for you and that now you can concentrate on something good.

Blessing all. How about a big batch of strawberry rhubarb tarts? Anyone game?

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Peggy and Cherime, I'm glad it's over, too. We're all getting back to our "new normal" as we have decided to call it. We'll always be more cautious and a bit more skiddish, but we're able to breathe and relax for the first time in over a year.

Angela, I am so sorry you are going through this.... I thought my family had problems! One of my aunts and I talked at length one night about her sisters in law treat her (my blood aunts) and they do the same to my mother. My Dad's father's mother (great grandma) never wanted to stay with her son because of my grandma, and always opted to stay with her grandson - my Daddy - because she loved him and my Momma. My grandpa was also quite fond of Momma and confided a lot in her. All I can say is, some women are hell bent on being prideful and hateful. As long as you and your husband stick through it together, and don't turn on one another, you will be okay. My parents had to learn that.

I had an interesting find today. We have this big viney plant growing off our front porch and around to one side. I thought, at first, it was a pumpkin. then I thought it was a cucumber. Then, these little watermelon looking fruits started showing up, so it must be a watermelon. But, they only get about an inch or two in diameter, turn yellow, and fall off. this confounded me because the plant itself is so healthy! I was so sad that my watermelons were dying, and didn't know what to do. Josh finally said the other day that he didn't think they were watermelons, but he didn't know what they were, and my dog (Train) has been eating on them just like he does with the pears.

So, I started looking around on the internet and found that they are something called the following: Mexican Sour Watermelon, Mexican Sour cucumber, Mexican Sour Gherkin, Mouse Melons and Cucamelons.

!!!! They're only SUPPOSED to get about the size of my hand!! :O There are tons of the little guys ready to be picked so, when I get home, I'll pick a few and slice them up for a salad tonight! Train really loves the yellow, overripe ones! I'll get some pictures when I can.

Well all, that's all I have for now. I'm off to try and find Mr Leshikar's number so I can give him a call on my lunch break! I hope everyone has a great day today!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  09:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy...You sound just like my grandmother! She said she had a lot of problems with her inlaws and she just decided that if they didn't like her it was their problem. I guess I'm just gonna have to "Let Go And Let God"! I think the lettin go part is the hardest for me. I just think family is the most important part of life and I can't understand people who refuse to open their hearts and try. I have family I don't make an effort to go see, but I don't treat them badly when they are around. They are still family. I guess it's just a lack of respect for others rights and feelins, that was ingrained in me as vital for relationships. Hubby says he thinks they might be jealous that we are happy and they aren't.

I just keep repeatin this little mantra, "He chose me. We have 15 years, 3 girls, and 1 grandbaby surroundin us. That's a fortress built by God. They can't get in!"

Now if I could just master the lettin go thing maybe I'd feel a little more secure.

Cherime...I know it's hard on you helpin to support another family. I think it's great that you are! I try to get as much food as possible for my grandparents so they can use their money for their meds. I think if everyone who could help someone would this world would work so smoothly. I like to have the girls go through their things once a month and find things to gift to the local homeless shelter. They try to pick out all the broken or stained things for the trash and usually do pretty good. I always check to be sure, but they know no one wants trash, so it's not helpin if it's not good.

Hubby is startin to gear up for huntin season. This year they have a new combo license that has him really excited. He gets to hunt bow, muzzleloader, and rifle season all on one license and it comes with 3 deer tags instead of 1. It works out to gettin one deer tag for free and one season for free. It's gonna be nice to actually have the extra meat for jerky and smokin this year. He always lets me choose a few cuts for that, but we have only been able to afford 1 tag each year. This year we have the money already put back for what would have been 1 license. He was offered some money for guitar lessons by a coworker, so he jumped at the chance. We are gonna put the rest of the cost for the combo license back first, then catch up a few bills with the rest.

I have a rubarb plant that is still growin. It grows a few leaves and then they seem to turn brown and die off. Then a few more leaves come up and do the same. Does anyone know anything about this? It's my very first rubarb plant and I'm just not real sure if it's normal or not. I try not to water the leaves when I water.

Miranda...I grow those mexican sour gherkins! I love them! They are quite prolific and have an interestin taste. I would pick a whole bowl full and eat them like popcorn! They are really great but they don't transplant very well. I like to grow them all wound up around a tomato cage in great big pots so they drop into the pot for easy collection. I just shake the cage some and tap at the ripe lookin ones and they fall right off. Then I pick them all up out of the pot and rinse them off. The girls loved them too! They were always grabbin a few when they passed by the plants. Save a few of the yellow over ripe ones for seed. The seeds are super tiny, so I let a few pretty much shrivel on the vine, then lay them out on paper towels and let them rot/dry. Then each towel gets rolled up and put into a baggie for nest years plantin. I plant towel and all, one to a cage. It's so much easier than tryin to clean those tiny seeds off!

I guess I need to get to work and try to clear out some boxes. We emptied out some of the stuff from storage now it needs sorted.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Sep 13 2012 09:23:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  10:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of tea....our last 3 "TeaHostesses" have gone MIA....Judith L,Tammy D,and Whittnet C. Has anybody seen them around the "Farm" anyplace else? hmmm....
TLTammy, hang in there.They'll calm down. Praying for ya!
Ruthie, thanks for that Prayer.That was uplifting to read.
Cassi, ~ouch~ so sorry to hear that that has happened to you too.Sometimes I think we get so use to usual routines and we get careless. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. *giggle*
I've been going to bed earlier too. Must be the weather and the earlier darkness triggering it for us all. I start yawning at 8:30...that's bad. The other evening Rascal yawned really wide and don't ya know, I yawned too. Crazy! LOL
Cherime, WOW!!! I would have had sticker shock on that fuel bill too. ~whew~
Thanks for the tart tarts *giggle* they are yummy!
It's so Wonderful to hear you Gals give God the glory all the time! I'm sure He smiles when we do that!
Yeaaaa Miranda, Onwaard with the wedding plans!
How fun!What a great find...I like the name "MouseMelon", of course(shup Peg) *giggle*
Bunny, ~WOOHOO~Glad you and God got that Micro fixed. heeheehee Waiting to hear good news about that (scalers hip) hahahaaha
Oh Peg, forgot to mention, "No, I didn't wear my pearls when I cleaned the bathroom the other day.I had to have Wally run them to the jewelers the other day on his way to school. The clasp broke when I had my head in the oven(wearing my lemon swiss dot dress and looking smart,I might add)cleaning out the spills from our roast with carrots and potatoes.That's the "Beavs" favorite. I couldn't deny him, now could I? haha BUT I did wear my yellow pumps.
Angela, this cousin sounds like a miserable man who wants to take everyone around him down too. Sounds like he changed from the person you use to know.You are so Blessed to have a hubby that doesn't take their side.Yes, it hurt you!Words always do!But, be strong in the Lord!Don't let petty words ruin what you have in your life. This should bond you and your hubby even more!You shouldn't be afraid. Your hubby has prove more than once where his loyalties lie Girl....with YOU and your big, loving heart!Please don't build a wall where there is none and don't cast doubts where there aren't any.Nobody can break up 2 hearts that are on solid ground!
Glad you vented and got it all out of yer "Gizzard"! Now you can MOVE ON to your next chapterand make it a happy one!
I'm happy that we were here to let you vent. We're always here for you Angela!
Well, I need to get a move on. I've done nothing yet today and it's after noon. *tsk-tsk*
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 13 2012 10:54:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  11:07:48 AM  Show Profile
Angela, do you have any of those Mouse-Melon seeds to spare? I think we are in the same planting zone, they should grow for me.
I would love to try them.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  12:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Angela AWESOME!! I will try the paper towel thing, too, if Train doesn't eat all the yellow ones! One of my coworkers asked if I can seed them, but the seeds DO look tiny. I copied and pasted and printed your advice for later! They will go in my notebook... when I find it in the house.... LOL

Judy, I like the "mouse melon" name too, teehee!

It's trying to rain at work and one of my coworkers at the branch by the house said it poured down earlier. It's only supposed to be in the 70s on Saturday, and the average has been in the high 90s or worse lately!

I've started getting excited about the wedding again, and am searching for my Daddy's family... I haven't seen or heard from most of them but maybe once or twice since my Daddy died five years ago, but I heard his voice the other day tell me I need to invite them. So, I have to track them down, haha!

And, tomorrow I am planning on ordering the Save the Date cards. I'm going to get a REALLY good deal on them.

I got so caught up telling one of my regular clients about the trial that I forgot to call Mr Leshikar about the ranch, so if I have a free moment later, I'll do it in a bit.

For the time being, I have a Home Equity loan to file *sigh* and a few emails to catch up on. TTFN!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  6:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I will check and see. I lost my plants this year to the extreme heat and drought. I had a packet of seed hubby had bought me last year. He ordered me a bunch of seed from my "wish list" notebook that I keep for my birthday. I'm pretty sure it made the move. Hubby always said they were Barbie Doll Watermelons, I like Mouse Melons better!

I got some of the boxes emptied. I'm gatherin together all my craft stuff and beadin stuff into one tall cabinet so I can start doin them agian. I will definitely enjoy that! I miss gettin to work on my crafts and makin my jewelry. I might even think about sellin some agian. I used to make a little pocket money doin that.

I'm exhausted. I think I'm gonna go lay down and try to get some sleep.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  7:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
I come to you will news. First Dear Miss Katy. My daughter has decided on going to India to work at Mother Tereasa's Children's Center and to go to Hope Ky to work at Hope Hills.I so happy for her but am a bundle of emotions as well.
Besides working and packing which is not going very well just to tried. Hoping over the weekend I can make some progress.Ive been crocheting and knitty knitting like an addict winter items for the torando victums of Southern Indiana.
Well of to bed I go .
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  7:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Farmgirls, I'm not really MIA. I've been here all along. I read what you are up to...but usually don't feel well enough to chat..I know..not fair. However, I am pickled..no..I mean tickled to prepare your surprises for October (my fave month, and my Tea Month). I won't let you down. (Never thought I'd have the porch posse looking for me)

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  12:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh goodness my porchies...

This has been one of those days that everyone around me has been "down in the dumps" with a little
black cloud hovering over them. I wanted to turn them all around and send them off the other way...but
I just couldn't. They needed a little ray of sunshine and hope. But tonight...I am all pooped out
from trying to lift others up without bringing myself down in the process.

Then tonight I got an email (that I found a bit offensive) from a Farmsister who didn't like me posting a request on her swap thread. Geesh, that little cloud just seems to be chasing me down. I removed my request as she asked...but am happy to say, that another Sweet Swapper on her thread volunteered to help me out with my request before she (the Hostess)got her tail in a knot. Wow...what a day!

Anyway...I am not down and discouraged...but I am pooped trying to be Miss Fix-It. It only proves to me once again...that only God is the Lifter of Our Heads. And I need to quit exhausting myself...doing His
Job. He really doesn't need my help. LOL

Off to bed and my book...where I can stay out of trouble.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 14 2012 12:32:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  07:16:37 AM  Show Profile
Judith, sorry to hear that you are under the weather. I do my fair share of lurking, so lurk away.
Peg those little black clouds over the heads reminds me of Lil Abner and the little guy with the black cloud. Really tall mountains make their own weather and we do the same. And I know how it goes with trying to brighten up people, it can take a whole lot of starch out of you. I also have been in trouble for doing thinks that I frankly did not know would cause such an uproar.
Ruthie, good for your DD. Will be praying for her. You take it easy and try to catch a breath in there somewhere.
Went to a meeting of all the local agencies yesterday and the guest speaker was the State Director of Human Services. Just might have been in the right place at the right time for our little non profit. They are putting in a prison in the valley and need housing. I gave him a card and he was interested.
Worked on the wood pile splitting cut stuff. Glad I did as it is raining again. Hope it lets up a bit so that I can do a little more today.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  09:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I like the idea of a Birthday Wish List for hubs to choose from. Why have I never thought of that? ~Dooh~ *smacks forehead* hahaha Barbie Doll Watermelons....cute! (wait a minute...are you sure he wasn't just talking about her chest?)hahahaha
Ruthie, good for Katy...Big(((Hugs)))need for Mama!I'd love to see Mother Teresa's Center myself.
Hi Judith...there you are...Yup, ya can't be gone long from here and NOT be missed!hahaha
AhhHaaaa....been pickled have we. Ya let that slip Girlie! LOL Pass it around and share!
Hey Gals, maybe we are all getting pickles with our tea that month.....what kind of tea goes with pickles???hmmmmm.... *giggle*
Poor Peggy, Here's a Big, Warm, Comforting ((((((((HUG))))))))Girlfriend.
How Rude some people can be.ood grief, isn't that what MaryJane created this plae for???Sisterly love,support&sharing??? *geesh*
Well, DH took take my A/C outta the bedroom window last night...now I can get those great westerly breezes back.Plus those stink-bugs were back and trying to get in(hope the unit wasn't full of them or my closet will be full...ewwww) I slept gooood last night. *giggle* Today we are expecting rain/80, then 50's tonight,60's tomorrow. Falls-a-comin' Gals! LOL Yiiiipppeeeeee!!!
Gonna go to my Mama's now. More later. I'll bring ya'll back some pinto beans, cornbread & buttermilk!
Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  3:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Quick post tonight, just got home from work, son wants me to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so that means I will not get anything done at home again. My sewing machine is crying for me. I have so much stuff I want to do and no time or energy to even start!!!!
We are in a freeze warning for tonight. The other night it was 39, so our summer is now over. Only been in the 60s lately. I miss wearing shorts. No more now until May or June!!!
Well, gotta go. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Gals, I have a huge Prayer request! On my way home from Mama's I saw a duplex apartment for rent. I called and talked to the landlady and it seems perfect for her. I am going to look at it tomorrow morning at 10AM. I picked the apartment she lived in over here before without her seeing it,and she liked it. I hope I can do it again.They are iffy on her cat, but I told them that it's been with her for 11 years and been good company for her. My fear is that they will charge her some outrageous amount to have it.Help me Pray about all of this, Please! It's important to get her out of that bad downtown neighborhood she's in and I REALLY,REALLY want her back over here by us!
Thanks Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  6:33:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy, prayers for your mama. I hope she gets the apartment. It sounds like it would be good for the both of you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Janet. Appreciate the Prayers!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  12:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...you have such a big heart. God Bless you friend! You are always helping the down and outers!

Miss Miranda and Angela...you guys cracked me up over the Mouse Melons. Somebody has got to post a picture of these.
I picture this Melon about the size of a walnut and a little mouse having a picnic of it. Tee hee!

Judy...I was kind of wondering about our tea swap. Glad Judith was lurking. She's a sneaky one that girl...but she's a sweetheart that's for sure.
I will be praying for your Mama to get that Duplex closer to you. That would be so great. Her eleven year old cat shouldn't really be a problem. It's not like a renter with a kitten or a young cat.
I can't believe you didn't wear your pearls cleaning that bathroom!! LOL
I am also picturen those Mouse Melon seeds about the size of a grain of salt. LOL

Angela...praying for you girlfriend. Hope you can break out that craft stuff soon and get busy with it...it will help keep your mind of that onery side of the family. Get those creative juices going and make some pretty!

Ruthie Ann...good for Katie deciding to go to India. It will be a culture shock...but she will come away profoundly impacted by the experience. I would love to go to The Childrens Center where Mother Teresa worked. Now, what exactly is Hope Hills?
What will she be doing there?
Sounds like you have been a busy little beaver with all that knitting and crocheting you've got going on. Good for you.

Janet...do you work for your son every week but just a few days? Or is it less often than that? I hope you will get some sewing time. It is hard when you have things you want to do...but have to set that aside to do for others. Maybe Fall and Winter will offer you more opportunities to be at home.
Your weather sounds like it has decided to do the Fall thing. We are in for seven more days of mid to high 80 degree weather. I am loving it. Part of me wants Fall because it is one of my most favorite times of the year...but the other part of me wants to hang on to those shorts wearing days as long as possible.

Today was just a very low key day...I seemed to stay out of trouble today and got no more negative emails directed my way. My youngest son, who I hang out with a lot...just came down really sick. High fever and running to the bathroom a lot. Hope he didn't share it with me...I don't want to get sick. oh, he just now texted me and said that he went to Urgent Care and it was Food Poisoning. I probably won't get that. After last weeks bathroom episodes I don't need that kind of fun again for a very long time. LOL

OK girlies...I am off to bed. I finished my book earlier in the evening. Then knitted on a shawl I am making and did my Mail Art...so now, I have to go find another good book to read. I need my nightly "reading fix" before I can go to sleep. Ha Ha!

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  06:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Excuse me sisters, as I crawl up her on the porch, wrap myself in a quilt (with maybe a cup of hot chocolate) and shed a few tears. It's been a very hard week.

This week I discovered something horrible, that will put a friend of mine in jail. I just started working as secretary for a large cabin rental management bussiness. The owners (mr and mrs j) are very close friends of mine. We go to church together, homeschool together, we have taken trips together and we spend holidays at eachothers house. I've worked for them cleaning cabins, and by being the bed and breakfast caretaker while they went on vacation. I have done the books for other companies and our church, so when their old secretary said she was moving they asked me if I'd take the job. I was thrilled.
The old secretary (we'll call she T) and I were close friends too. She has been a single mom for the last few years, and as a old hat at the single mom thing, I've been helping her out. Her daughter is special needs and we spent alot of time talking about how to help her.

Anyway, this week I was trying to reconcile the accounts for Mr. j. And something wasn't matching up. I am the type that all the numbers have to add up or I'll go back and redo it till it does. Well, the account wouldn't figure right. So I went back a month to find the problem, and boy did I. After printing off check images and digging around, I found it, and I began to shake...I had to look for more proof before opening this can of worms and I did. My friend T has been stealing money from Mr and mrs j. She would write checks to herself, forge Mr j signature and then delete the check from the ledger. T then increased amounts on other checks to hide the amount she took. After a few days of digging, we found over 73,000 worth of forged and stollen checks. We were all heartbroken.
Now, of course the bussiness is pressing charges, but since I found it, I had to file the complaint. I have had to be interviewed by the sherrif, and will have to be inteviewed by the investigators, the DA and I'll have to get on the stand during trial. Due to the large amounts and how many checks, and that she involved the Fed. Taxes, T is facing years in jail.

I cannot get her daughter's face out of my head. Poor child.

Mr. and Mrs. j are heartbroken, because they loved and trusted T so much. It's just bad all the way around. I feel sick.

So yeah, wrapped up in a quilt with hot chocolate is about all I can manage today. Please pray for everyone this is touching.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  07:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, let me fill that cup for you honey. How horrible all the way around. Will be praying for the situation and all involved. She must have been desperate for money to have done that.

On another note my DD needs prayer. That horrible place where she was working did a shuffle because the director of two other places could not get grants through, so they put him in over my DD because he had a "contract". It has gone from bad to worse and they are "restructuring" DD position so now she is laid off. With Type I diabetes she must have health insurance and must find another position. She has been putting out resumes but with the present economic situation jobs are difficult to find in the non-profit sector and people are lined up and out the door. With winter coming on this is difficult and on top of that they slashed many other positions to part time. Now that she is out of there I am planning on taking on a bit of clean up on that place.

Peg, glad to hear that you are not in danger of another bathroom camp out. Sorry that your son got food poisoning. That is sure a drag. One has to be soooooo careful where they eat and what they eat these days.

Janet, I know the feeling. My sewing machine is calling. I have a couple of baby blankets that I want to get finished. I am hoping to have a reasonable season bazaar wise. Could use the money for sure.

Girls, those mouse melons sound really interesting. Amazing the plants that we do not see because they are not good keepers for shipping.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  07:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Judy did not mean to leave you out here as I most certainly am praying for that to work out for you and your mom.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  10:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
ok, everybody, GROUP HUG!!! This lil black cloud needs to move on. I pray for wisdom, comfort and healing in all your circumstances.

I rescued some mums and 2 other perennials at Lowe's the other day and need to get them in the ground before this rain comes we're supposed to get the next 3 days. LOVE my bargain racks, don't you girls? ok, off to plant, toodles for now :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

a good link about "mouse melon" http://www.itsnotworkitsgardening.com/2012/06/mouse-melon.html

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 15 2012 10:46:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  11:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Shanda...snuggling close so I can give you a shoulder to lean on and a big {{{{{{{{{{HUG!}}}}}}}}}.
Oh, how easily sin insnares us! I am praying for all concerned...as that is just sooooo heart and
gut wrenching. Good for you for exposing it...so it could be dealt with...but sad for you too as no
one wants to believe a friend and sister in Christ could do that. Just remember Shanda that desperate
times cause people to do desperate things. She is NOT a bad person but her actions were very very bad.
Love the person...hate their sin. Unfortunately, all sin has consequences and bigger sins bigger
consequences. WOW...that's all so awful!

Patsy...don't you love to find those great little "treasures" on the bargain racks. Those mums and
prinials will be perked back up in no time and you'll get to enjoy them and smile because you saw
their potential.

Cherime...praying for your DD also. God will provide. On a simialar note...a friend of mine named Kim
just had her entire Dept. at work deleted by the State. They can reapply for other jobs but the dept.
they each qualify for...is really being mismanaged and in utter chaos. So Kim is asking for Wisdom to
know whether or not to draw unemployment for awhile and look for a better job or if God wants her to
become part of the solution for the State Office or not. So, when you pray for your DD, keep Kim in prayer
too.

Back Later girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  2:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, there are so many that need hugs and prayers right now. Am sending both to all of you that need it, and the ones that don't too!!!! We just got back from a trip 65 miles one way north of here so I could go to Michael's and get some craft supplies that I cannot get around here. Wanted to go thrifting, but they were all closed today. I found what I wanted and we had a hamburger and came home. We only have Joann's and Walmart, and both of them do not carry the odd things we need sometimes. I did find what I was looking for, and had a 50% off coupon I printed off the computer, so that helped.
It got down to 30 degrees this morning, so time to pick the rest of the garden and dig up my potaoes tomorrow. That will take a good portion of the day. It is supposed to be nice, but then rain every day for the rest of the week? We shall see.
Have a great rest of the day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  9:02:54 PM  Show Profile
May all the porch sitters who are going through the fire feel the comfort of knowing that you are not alone. We all have so much compassion to reach through the airways to hopefully enable you to feel you have a safe place to sit and cry. You are among friends.

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Connie H.
Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page