Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  2:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Bunny love your creations. Ba Humbug does sum up some places.
Peg, guess I just needed a bit more time. August is in the summer up here so should be a bit easier to do.
TL Tammy you at least have a good excuse for losing stuff. I do not.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  09:15:20 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, everytime I see your beautiful creations I think of how much fun you would have with my mom and her cousin. They are both incredible seamstresses. I have some of the most beautiful things in my home because of those two ladies. I wish so much that I had inherited that gene but alas, I did not. Maybe my daughter has? She's five and she's already asked for a sewing machine!! :)

Christmas is drawing ever nearer. We are doing our last week of school for the year. I love teaching my children but I am looking forward to a break. I think they are too.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2012 :  11:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....
Quiet on here again! Hope everyone is doing their Christmas thing.
The last few days have seemed 6 days long to me. Maybe because
I am already done doing my Christmas Stuff and just waiting for the
big day to get here. I'm not trying to rush it or anything...I just
want to sit back and enjoy all the decorations, music and christmas
cards. BUT it seems like less and less people do the Card and Christmas
Letter thing.
The only thing I did today was go out to dinner with DH to I HOP. They
do a Mon-Fri buy one get one free meal and we try to go atleast once
every two weeks. We love breakfast for dinner...so, it works nicely for
us. About the only other thing I did today was take my dog for a walk in-
between rain storms. And then I made grocery lists and wallmart lists for
when I get paid next Monday. And I read and snoozed off and on. Pretty
much it was a boring sort of day. ~ I am trying not to think about Friday...
that is the day we find out the sex of the baby. And so perhaps that is why
the last few days are ddddrrrrraaaagggggiiiiinnnnnggggg by.

Ok, Hi Cherime, Hi Bunny, Hi Kimberly...I'm off to bed to read some more and
probably fall asleep while I read. I seem to be doing that a lot.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  06:19:27 AM  Show Profile
I have been trying to catch up after falling behind a couple of weeks being sick. I still have a cough, but it seems to be going away very slowly.
I finally got the rest of my cards out in the mail, started baking my cookies yesterday, now to finish the cookies, candies and some of the breads today. I want to give some to family and neibors, so want to get that much done so they can enjoy them now.
Peggy, how exciting to find out the sex of the baby. Did they get married last month? Or are they waiting?
Bunny, very beautiful work that you do. It shows in your work that you really enjoy what you do. Very nice!!!!
Talk about Christmas bonuses, my hubby used to get a full week pay as a bonus, then about 15 years ago it went to 1/2 of that, then about 10 years ago it went to a Christmas card and no bonus, but a party. Now, there is no bonus, no card, no party, nothing. He has been there for almost 38 years. The only thing he gets now is hours cut to 32 hours a week from fall until after Christmas, so our income gets cut 20% during the holidays. That is really a bad incentive. He can't wait to retire next year.
Well, gotta get busy and start my baking. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile
Jan, I can see that retirement is release in your case. I am not exactly sure if I will see a Christmas bonus this year or not with the business changing hands. In any event I am forming a corporation after the first of the year. Then I am going to be an independent contractor here. Since I am going to be forced to deal with the IRS because of the craft business I might as well go whole hog and take over the whole thing.
Peg, thanks.
Ladies, it was right on the verge of having to run the water to keep it flowing last night and this am. -20 but it held steady at that temp and as long as it drops no lower all will be good. Had to laugh at the GDD. Complaining about being cold on the third floor with the heater turned to low. Laughed at her because with the heat cycling every 20 mins, I turned it down to about 58 on the first floor. That means my sleeping loft is about 62. I have just over a third of a tank left of heating fuel. I hope that the lower price will filter over to heating fuel because I will have to get some most likely before Christmas if the temp does not come up about 10 degrees. Ah well life in the arctic for you.
My GDD was a good girl yesterday and cleaned the kitchen and living room along with shoveling out the wood rack. I am going to have to teach her how to use the stove before the late Jan-Feb deep freeze sets in. That all leads me to wondering how this winter compares to others. It is time to start thinking about the Nenana Ice Classic. Betting on when the ice will go out. You have to pick the date, hour and minute. HUMMMM time to start a chart.
I was speaking with someone on business yesterday and since I know her DH died last year at this time asked how she was. She go left with a house that needs a whole lot of work and had to shut off the upstairs because it is not finished. On top of that the former owners bought a used boiler and had it installed but the plumber says it is not working correctly and could be pumping monoxide into the house occasionally. The old owners took out the gas furnace and I would guess that her best bet is to convert back but at these temps that cannot be done in winter if she had the money to do so. Then her family and shrink are all telling her that she is grieving too much. I told her they did not know what they were talking about. Every one progresses at different rates with that one and there is no set time to quit. Funny but we have never met in person and I guess that gives her a certain freedom to unload on me. Told her that she can do so any time she needs to. She did say that she actually had a really good day on Sunday and felt almost happy. I told her not to worry those days would continue to come and to just know that she was being prayed for by me and that it does help, God does hear.
Stay warm and cozy all and be blessed.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sounds like you need a project to keep you busy. I have so many projects in the works I am never bored. I do agree about the Christmas card thing. I use to send them out to lots of people but year after year I got less and less back. I just can't seem to get myself to send any out anymore. Besides I can't afford to with my long list of farmgirls, someone is bound to get left out and then I feel bad.

Janet, glad you are getting better. Being sick is no fun at all. It is sad to see how companies have degraded over the years. Most of the time it seems more about higher profits at the expense of loyalty or appreciation of employees. Sadly companies will probably see less loyalty from employees right back.

Cherime, way too cold up your way. I don't know how you do it. Are you using your wood for heat? When I was stuck in my house before I moved to Oregon, I pretty much just lived in my bedroom. It was the best way to stay warm. If it got too bad, I heated up my rice pillow. That really helped. Are you still going to do work for your old boss?

Well, the sun is out...at least for a while. Everything is pretty frosty though. I'm sure it will be gone before long. Not looking forward to early days at school. Back to plugging my truck in. I'm going to buy a timer so it doesn't have to stay on all night.

I have been enjoying my sewing room. Having hissy fits with my serger however. One of the threads keeps breaking. I finally figured out what to do, but only after a day of more rethreading than sewing. I made a really cool wraparound skirt from old t-shirts. I'm trying to teach myself to sew "up cycled" clothing to sell online. Someday I'll find something to make that people will actually buy. I just have to keep searching for that special thing.

Anyway, off to get my hair dyed. It is a Christmas present from my hairdresser friend.
Later everyone. Stay warm and healthy!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  10:45:10 AM  Show Profile
*scrapes snow off boots* Howdy porchies! Hot chocolate anyone?

Glad you are starting to feel better Jan! And tell your friend there is no time limit to grief; it isn't a race. My mama's been gone almost eight years, and I still cry when I hear her favorite song.

The forecast said flurries. Yeah, these are the heaviest flurries I have ever seen! I love it!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  3:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaa, Cherime is joining our tea swap. So happy to have you.August is yours!
You are a good egg and a great listener. I'm sure that gal appreciates you.
Yes, I send you all a list of names, addresss and e-mail addresses for this tea swap.
I also keep a list on my computer and a printed-out list in the back of my Farmgirl Address book.
Alyce, Happy belated Birthday! That is cool about the numbers for your birthday and how they add up!
Next year Mama turns 85 and I turn 58 and I told her I would trade her for a day just so she could be young--ish again! *giggle* When I was 14 she was 41 and she tried to trade with me then...but I said "No!" hahaha
She said that only her(bum)hurts a little from her fall the other day. She's one tough cookie! The most that she hurt....was her pride I think!
Kimberly, that's funny about you citizenship application. Just your luck,that 1 speeding ticket would trip you up!hahaha....after all, what might you be capable of next??!!! Ya know??!!!
I'm happy right along with you about the kids. Sorry that they are having trouble with that cough though!I'm telling ya'll...this stuff that's ripening on my counter top just may be the ticket to all these nasties! I mean, it may take your breath away...but before it does,it may clean it, disinfect it,spit polish it and giftwrap it complete with a big fluffy bow before returning it to you! Now...wouldn't that be worth it? Mama wants some so bad that she keeps trying to rush me.But i keep telling her,"Mama, it ain't ripe yet!" hahahaha
I know what you mean about not inheriting certain genes. I can't craft hardly at all, but Mama&Sis sure can. Yep...must skip a gen....er...well...ME! hahahaha
Peg, loved your card and poem. That poem gave me goosebumps! Is it one of your own? I never actually looked at the(coming)of Jesus in that realm before! Very good!
I am doing a lot of e-cards for Christmas since I now have 3 different card sites,thanks to hubby.Part of my Christmas present from him. It's good though since I love sending cards of any type.
Well, I got my 2 kinds of cut-outs and my peanut butter blossoms baked in the last few days.
Bunny, I just love the details of your crafts. And how your colors"POP!" Wow! Love it!
Loved your promise about not losing your tea swap address list!
And as for trying to keep up with what people want...they can't be happy with one thing or one style for too long...it's just crazy!
We finally got a little sun today. We are in the middle of a 10 day stretch with rain and dark clouds. Today was welcome!If all this rain was snow?.....WOW!...we'd be tunneling right now!
Alyce, so glad you enjoyed your"Flurries!" *giggle* Thank you for the hot chocolate!mmmmmm...
Well, we got the tree up today so I'd better go do some more decorating!
See ya'll later!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 18 2012 3:12:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  7:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody. Crisp temps here today. The high 28 and it was 21 when we went out to eat earlier. We've been having freezing fog the last couple days and about 1/2" of snowfall this afternoon. The trees are absolutely beautiful! They're all white. Breathtaking. I jokingly told Matt I think we might have a white Christmas this year lol. I've noticed the cold isn't as intolerable here. It's a driercold, not a damp cold.

Work has been busy. It's payroll week so I had all the payroll and then the taxes and insurance stuff to do. On top of that it's my director's last week. We're giving her a farewell party tomorrow for the community to attend. Friday we're supposedly going out and having a couple drinks after work - only a select few. We're totally unprepared for her leaving to say the least. I can only hope she's able to get the position open quickly for me to apply for and hopefully get the job. I seriously need the extra $$$ and even more so the benefits. I've been without my blood pressure meds for almost 2 months now and as stressed as I am right now I can tell. My plan is to work on my resume this weekend and get it ready. Might give it to her to take with her LOL.

Lacey, my female BC, got on the kitchen counter yesterday and ate an entire loaf of fresh baked english muffin bread. We woke up this morning at 5:30 with her having diarrhea on the carpet in the bedroom. Not pretty to say the least. I've been feeding her pumpkin so hopefully this will pass by tomorrow. I hate to keep her crated in the mudroom but it's my only option until it passes.

Cherime - We're supposed to drop to 0 this week. I hate to know what the windchills will be. Not quite as bad as where you are though. At what point do you keep your water running to prevent freezing? We keep our place about 68. I want him to switch out the thermastat for a programable one so we can drop it while we're at work and while we're sleeping. If I had my way it would drop to at least 60 at night. I prefer a colder room to sleep in.

Well I need to get my beauty sleep ladies. Have a party to prepare for tomorrow and have to work Bingo tomorrow night so I need to be well rested.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  08:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, if it drops below -21 I have to run the water, a very thin pencil lead stream. Main problem is that it has to run into the old grey water pit for the old kitchen. I cannot let it run into the septic tank as it will over load it. I have a new kind of heat tape that goes into the actual pipe. That helped greatly to give me that little extra wiggle room. I have a programmable one that I am not using as it is just too complicated for my system. I have had the silly thing for about 2 years sitting around gathering dust. Want it? You have to down load the instructions from the internet as I bought it on sale and it did not come with instruction. It should not cost too much to mail. It is a Honeywell. Let me know.

Bunny, I use the wood stove to supplement the fuel oil furnace. The stove is too small to go for more than about 3 hours on one loading. So I only use it when at home.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  08:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note: got my Noel Nut Balls baked, all 94 of them, yup! Me n mama compared and got the same amount, to funny. Made my Date Walnut bars, Coffee Cookies and Molasses cut-outs, peanut butter fudge, one bowl chocolate fudge (only takes a bag of choco chips and condensed milk), my caramels ( to die for),buckeyes and mint patties. making filled blueberry,apricot and strawberry cookies today, then off they go to family through the mail. Hope ya'll have a great day! back to the kitchen! :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  4:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, seriously had to do a double take on your first sentence. My mind is apparently in the gutter.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  6:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Finished all my baking, gave some away, now I need to do some cleaning and laundry tomorrow. The dust bunnies are taking over again. They multiply faster than I can catch them. LOL!!!
Bunny, Hope you are having a good time in your sewing room.
Cherime, you definitely are alot colder than we are right now. We usually catch up in January and February, sometimes even in March it is below zero.
We are supposed to get 6-11 inches of snow tomorrow with very high winds. Glad I am staying home. I don't drive much in the snow, only if I absolutely have to.
Patsy, hope you got all of your baking done and out in the mail. How is hubby doing?
Tammy, hope you had a great party today. That is a good idea to give her your resume now, maybe she can get you in faster that way also. Good luck.
Judy, You will probably get some of this storm your way, or maybe it will be rain for you?
Alyce, hope things are going well for you.
Peggy, we missed you last night. Hope all is well.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  7:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls..just lurking again tonight. Did all of my Christmas shopping today so I could get home before the storm. Tomorrow is baking day. So far, all I have baked are the ninjabread cookies. Will decorate them tomorrow.

Bunny, I did a double take also, on Patsy's first sentance
Patsy, all your baking has put me to shame.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  12:53:07 AM  Show Profile

Madeline...my grand-daughter all dressed up to go see The Nutcracker with mommy.

Hello My Porchies...glad to see some of you back on The Ol' Porch...we been missen ya!

Janet...sorry you have been so sick and for so long. Hope your cough goes away soon.
No, the kids didn't get married last month. I just give up asking...they are on "Baby Mode", job mode, and Christmas mode...so, I think they are mostly on OVERLOAD MODE! LOL
Two more days we find out the sex of the baby...unless the kids keep us in suspense....and decided not to reveal until Christmas Day.

Cherime...my son is supposedly going to work for Coldwell Banker as an Independent Contractor to start up their new Home Rental Division. I see as many minuses in that as pluses. At least in the Corporation my son is going into. I am so not a Corporate type person...I think I would have already told them to "stick it in their ear" and walked away. I am praying that God either blesses the Merger or Slams the door on it quickly.
My son has already jumped more hoops than anyone person should have to and he isn't done yet. It's crazy!!! But he has more patience than his mother.

Bunny...you are so right. I NEED A PROJECT...but something different than what I normally do. I think I have figured out what it is going to be...right after Christmas. I want to make my new Grandson (or daughter) one of those really illaborate (sp) felted, sequenced Christmas Stockings. For next year obviously. It will take me awhile...because of my arthritis...but that is ok, I just need something completely different to do. And I also, need to finish my Granny Square Comforter...I put it aside during the summer and then just sort of forgot about it.
Also, discovered that I needed to go back on my anti-depressants full time. I tried taking just a couple of them a week...because they are my only expensive out of pocket perscription. When I told my husband what I had been doing he flipped out and told me to get my rear-end back on them. I was just trying to cut corners where
ever to get through the Holidays. So, I guess that was dumb but...I wasn't like eating dogfood or something like I have heard some older people do to be able to afford their perscriptions. I would never be that desperate.
Did you get snow the last several days? We just got lots and lots of RAIN.
I keep looking for Noah and his Ark.

Alyce...I would take a cup of Hot Choc. with a pepper-mint stick. Sounds yummy!

Judy...that is so funny that you and mama's ages are always reversed of each other. How adorable is that?
Glad you loved the Poem. Yes, I wrote it. But I give God total credit for it. He gives me the ideas or a phrase here and a phrase there to get me started. I loved looking at the birth of Christ through Joseph's eyes. At first after, I wrote it...I wasn't sure if It really wowed me or not. But, I typed it up and when I proof read it. I started crying at the end...and I went "Yup, God you knew what you were doing. It's a Keeper!"
I write only inspirational poetry...except for a few times when people have requested that I write a poem for them for an Anniversary or something like that.
I always say..."Well, I will pray about it...if God gives me the words...you will have your poem. BUT if He doesn't...then sorry, I can't force something that doesn't come through inspiration."
Most people are very understanding about that. But I don't think in all these years...God hasn't NOT given me the Words I needed for someone's Special Occassion.
But my heart has always been to bring Glory to Him.

Cherime...it is just way too cold where you live girl. I could never live in your neck of the woods. I think you Alaskan Women come from
Good Stock. Like Pioneer Women only more insulated. Ha Ha!

Patsy...must admit I read that first sentence twice or three times too. LOL
You do a boat load of cooking girl. Not me, because I eat enough sweets that people give us...if I baked the things I really love for the Holidays I would weigh 300 lbs by New Years. I have some great Family Recipes...but now, I just drool thinking about them...but leave my cookbooks in the cupboard. It's safer that way.

Janet...thanks for missing me last night. I just had nothing on my mind to share. I know, I know...ya all are finding that hard to believe...because I always have a lot to say about "nothin". LOL

Judith...good for you for getting all your christmas shopping done. Now, let the wrapping begin!!! (+:

Netty...there you are girl. It isn't that hard to get upon The Porch. Wow...you have a blizzard going. That sounds like fun. BUT only if you don't have your power go off. I don't mind doing candles for light...but you really can't cook over them. Hee Hee! If I can't eat or have a hot shower...I am not a happy girl!

Oh, that is so neat that you are making Jammies for the Grand-kids. We always got new jammies every Christmas...when I was a kid, and even though most kids hated getting clothes of any kind...I loved getting Jammies, and Sweaters.

OK My Lovelies...I am off to read, take my pills and cuddle up in my cozy bed.

See ya all tomorrow,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  2:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Howdy!

Ric and I both have snow days (shocking, with my job), so I am trying to get caught up on housework plus last-minute holiday stuff. I busted my rear on the housework, and now I'm tired all over again!

Think I'll nap under one of these cozy afghans for a bit....zzzz....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  6:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Sold four of my baby rabbits today. Kind of excited because they went to breeding/showing homes!! If they do well I could get a name as a place to buy your show rabbits which just means more sales and then the rabbits can pay for their keep. I really want my livestock to pay their way, makes it easier to justify their existance. :) It's also nice to make contacts and have an in with the rabbit community. More knowledge I can glean from more people.

Four more sleeps!!!! I'm so excited for my children. They are over the moon excited for Christmas. I think I'm just excited as they are to have them open their gifts. I love their joy and love being able to give some of it to them.

Today was our last day of school for the holidays! 11 days of no school. I won't know what to do with myself.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  12:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....

I was right...It's A Baby Boy!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited!!! It was really cute how they let
everyone know. We all met at our Favorite Pizza Place here in Vancouver. All three of my sons were
there, my grand-daughters, daughter's in love, my Auntie from Portland and Shane and Sadie's best
friends and Sadie's Mom and Step-dad. We all had pizza and visited for awhile. Then Shane and Sadie
gave her mom and me each a Cupcake and we had to bite into ours at the same time (camera's flashing)
and the color of the filling in the middle of the cupcake told the sex of the baby. Patti and I screamed
and hugged and almost forgot to tell everyone else the color of the filling. LOL Then they all got
a cupcake too. They were yummy to boot! I have been saying boy all along because I already have two
beautiful grand-daughters...so, I thought a boy would be fun to toss into the mix. And I want to see
my husbands blood-line carried on. My brother never had kids so our families blood line stopped with
the deaths of my dad and brother. Sooooooooooooooooooo I already feel like I've just gotten the BEST
Christmas Gift this year. He is due on May 22nd. No divintive name picked out yet. I'll let you know
when I know.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  07:38:35 AM  Show Profile
CONGRATS!!!!!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  07:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Great news Peg!!!
Kim, great news for you as well.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  09:10:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Congrats Peg on the new Gr-baby! Now if it were just as easy to get those kid married. LOL
Well, today is wrap presents, sweep house,and finish up the piddly stuff,day. I'm ready for the big day.
It snowed and blew all day yesterday and today we have a nice blanket of the white stuff....just 'nuff to make everything "Merry&Bright!" I thought it would rain through the New Year, the way it was going.
Well, Patsy said she'd take May for the tea swap.Yeaaaaaaa!
Only Sept and Dec left.
Well off to get busy!
Have a great weekend Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  10:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, Great news about the rabbits. How nice if you could make money that way. It helps. Enjoy your time off of home schooling!!!! I can see the children all excited!!! We have no little ones around to enjoy those days.
Peggy, congratulations!!!! That was a unique way to announce the baby's sex. Great idea!!!!
Thank you all that send me cards. It is making my Christmas and the season extra special for me. Love all of you!!!
Hope you are all having a great day!!! We got 10 inches of snow, but we have alot of drifts with 64 MPH wiinds and more snow yesterday. Today it is sunny and 25, 16 with the wind chill. I was out and shoveled some, but I cannot do too much at a time. I like to help though. We will have a white Christmas!!!! HO HO HO!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  12:55:35 AM  Show Profile
We have the babies name...Elijah Rainn Smith (Eli for his nickname)
Elijah means - Yahweh is my God
Rainn means - Abundant Blessings from God

Judy...I am with you, if we can just get those two married before a second
baby is on the way...I will be Over The Moon! My husband too. And Sadie's
parents feel the same way. These two kids do nothing quickly. They both are
analitical thinkers but once they make up their minds...they don't usually
change them. It's just getting them to that point. I am very spontaneous...and
am led totally by my heart and feelings...so, to say "They're killing me"...is
an understatement. LOL

Kimberly...awesome news on the bunnies. You just might have yourself an awesome
little business venture going there. ~ I bet your kids are excited for Christmas!

Cherime and Alyce...thanks for the congrats.

Netty...glad to see you poppen in and chatting.

Janet...you too girl! Wow 10 inches of snow huh? Well, I know where to go if I want
a white christmas. It is going to be a real wet one here. Bunny is suppose to get
snow though. She lives about an hour and a half away from me...in a Gorge...that gets
lots of wind off the water and mountains and so they will often have snow when we
don't.

OK...hope to make it to Church tomorrow for the Live Nativity....so, I'm off to bed.

Merry Christmas Porchies...
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 23 2012 12:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  11:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,Madeline looks so pretty for her day out. It reminds me of going to see the Nutcracker at the Opera house in San Francisco with my Grandmother and Aunt when I was little. Good news on the new Grand-baby. I wonder if the new parents are maybe not wanting a big wedding. Maybe they don't want to deal with the expense. Try suggesting a simple family wedding with a minister or even a justice of the peace and see what they say.

Sounds like everyone is ready for Christmas snow and all. Not much going on here weather wise. Gloomy skies with a little rain now and then. It isn't too cold during the day. A bit chilly at night. High 30's during the day, low 30's during the night. Not too bad. At least everything isn't iced over yet.

My mom is driving me crazy as usual. We had her bunco group over the other night. I did all the work of course. All the cleaning, cooking, putting everything away. She kept going to the store for stuff and buying the wrong thing conveniently so I had to keep sending her back. I want out of here so bad.

I have at least been sewing up a storm. I made two skirts from old t-shirts. I bought 3 bags more at the Salvation Army yesterday for $5.00 bag day. They are all washed up and ready to be cut. My hope is to get 5 skirts made to put on my site.

Here is the first one I made:

And the second one:

They are both wrap-around skirts so they will fit more women.

Not much else to report. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  5:06:00 PM  Show Profile
I will not be on here until after Christmas now, so wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas. Hope you all get great gifts and good food, and family to share it with. May santa be good to all of you!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page