Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  5:58:03 PM  Show Profile
hello porchies,
I am officially on EAster break and it was a beautiful day so it made me smile all day but I have to share a butterfly story. I love my butterflies but oh my goodness do they make me laugh sometimes even when they are naughty. I give a reading log each month. My sweet butterflies are to try and read at least 10 books. If they reach their goal I give a reward. But they have to have their sweet mamam or daddies sign the sheet so I know they actually read the book. This month if they reached their goal they got a certificate to go to the local bakery for a free donut. I was grading their reading logs and I noticed that one of my sweet butterflies had forged his mom's name. I must say he had beautiful cursive but it was his writing. So I asked him to take a look at his paper and could he tell me what was wrong with it. He said well nothing. I said really you mean to tell me that your mom's signature looks like your writing? OH you noticed. I said well why did you decide this was the thing to do? WEll I wanted that cake donut and no signature no donut. I said well we could have worked out a deal and he said I am thinking the deal is detention at school and grounding at home! I honestly could hardly keep a straight face...it doesn't help he is just so darn cute. I said well you are right about both. Next time we might consider walking a different path to get that donut. He said yeah flying would be good. So next week he will have detention and his sweet mama said she gained one more gray hair and he got a grounding...but we both laughed...oh my thw ways of those sweet little hearts

Judy dear hope you get fixed at the chiro...no crazy contrations and i certainly hope they serve tea on our ward of the hospital or my wings will be really out of whack

well off to read and finish my bible lesson Just had to share the latest happening in my butterfly classroom
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  12:12:27 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I loved your story. How priceless! Kids really think they can get away with the obvious sometimes. I know we can probably all think of a time or two that we tried to pull the wool over somebodies eyes when we were growing up. But it was always better if we were caught and learned a lesson or two from the experience.

Glad that you had a nice day today and that you were able to enjoy it. Our day here was beautiful too.
We didn't not get that thunder storm that we were suppose to...which delighted me to know end.
Hopefully I will be able to make it to Bible Study tomorrow night.

OK...it is so quiet on the Porch today...I hope everyone was blessed with a Gorgeous Day.

nighty night,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 29 2013 11:51:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  12:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Easter to everyone, wherever you are, whatever your plans. Been reading here and there, now and then. Just now posting...

LOL ROFL JUDY, only Judy could pull that off! Sis, you look like someone off of Hee Haw! ROFL

Still have a bit of cold in my chest and feeling blah.It's so cold and windy here and all the dafodils and forsythia blooms are hanging on for dear life, but hey, the sun is shining, though weak. you all make me smile with your pics and quips.. :)

hugs n prayers to all...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  7:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Well drat! Got notice from smashwords that I needed to correct a problem with Daughter of The Raven. I think I got it fixed. I hope anyway.
While I was at it I uploaded a little romance set in pipeline days up here.
Well the GDD is babysitting a friend's special needs child. If the mom gets the job she is hoping for, then GDD may become a live in babysitter. That will be good for her friend and not go good for GDD. But she is willing to do it. I am not going to say anything.
Hope everyone has a great Easter and HE IS RISEN!!!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  12:05:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchie Sisters...

Patsy...it is so good to have you on The Porch again. You are like me and going through a lot of testing so far this year huh? We aren't alone...everyone I know is dealing with several things at once...it seems like. But at least we can encourage one another and be supportive.
Hope DH is doing better all the time.
And pray that you get over you chest cold.

Cherime...Well, I hope you got your book correction made. It is always frustrating when errors show up or segments left out or a lot of misspelled words.

How old is your GGD? I did live in babysitting for awhile when I was in High School and I got sick of it really quickly. I actually had to do all the cooking and cleaning too because the woman of the house had surgery. It only lasted about 3 weeks...but I was never so happy to be done with a job in my life. And as I remember my mother volunteered my services for free because it was her good friend. Thanks Mom!

Well, we had a Gorgous day today and more on the way...so, I am a happy woman.
I went with son and soon to be DIL for her baby appointment today. She is in her 7th month...baby's head is down ...just like it should be. Strong heart beat and starting to do summer saults under her ribcage.

We are having her baby shower (the first one) next Thursday Night at
Bible Study. I can't wait!!! Elijah will be here before we blink.

Well, off to start a new book tonight.
Chat with you all Later.

hugs and squishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  07:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, she is 20 and likely she will be doing all if her friend gets the job. By the time winter gets here she is likely to be burned out.
The book front apparently my old copy of Word messed it up a bit, spent all afternoon yesterday going through and reformatting. I sure hope it is ok this time. Phew.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  09:47:35 AM  Show Profile
happy Easter my sweet porchies. Be blessed with joy and love and peace from God above. What a beautiful day here.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter to all of you!!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful day. It snowed here yesterday, but today it is melting, but we still have about 2 feet on the ground. Ham is in the oven, daughter and son coming over, we will eat around 3. Smeling pretty good, between the ham and pineapple upside down cake!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  2:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Hallaluiah! HE IS RISEN!!!
Hope my Porch-Buds have a Wonderful,Blessed Easter!
Went to church with Hubby and his family.
Then picked up Mama and brought her to our house for ham sandwiches and picnic type salads.
Took the easy way out.Hubby's not eating carbs,Mama only wanted a sandwich and I wasn't about
to cook a bunch of food just for me. So, ya....easy way out. *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  7:52:46 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a great Easter.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like Everyone had a Wonderful Easter...so did we.
Couldn't have been a more Wonderful Weekend!!!
Church Service was Amazing! Family Dinner at youngest Sons house
was such great fellowship. And Sadies Mom and I are in pure
baby mode...just so much fun expecting another wee one into
our Family. This will be Sadie's mom's first Grand Child...so,
she is just over The Moon. Sadie is her only child. So that is
all so very Special. I love that both our families...feel like
one big happy family when we are together. Such a huge blessing
from God!!! Well off to do my Mail Art List. More tomorrow girlies!

love and big hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 01 2013 12:18:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  07:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Went to an Easter dinner/bonfire yesterday. Had on a tee shirt and one of those flannel long sleeved shirts we like up here in Alaska. There were summer clouds, cumulus clouds, for those in the lower 48. Took my Grand Daughter with me. After church I went and picked her up in another town about 30 miles away. She is a nanny for a friend of hers with a special needs child.
We went and picked up a pickup load of fire wood and came home and off loaded that. I had to fix the wood stove. A fire brick, a vertical one had split, switch it with one on the flat ones in the bottom. The whole time had the front door propped open and the kitchen window open to air this place out. GDD was running around in a tank top and short shorts. We still have snow on the ground but it's melting. Then off to the bonfire. Had a good time with friends. Drove my GDD back to Eagle River and then came home. I had an encounter with the Lord at church. He really has a sense of humor and loves to mess with me. I got a playful little poke from him at home as well. God is love, peace and joy. I still fell the wonder of that encounter. He was grinning at me. Being grinned at by Him is a real experience. I think that because it was my Allan's birthday yesterday and the Lord knows I miss that man like crazy. So I got a little special attention yesterday. Thanks very much.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  12:18:39 AM  Show Profile
A bonfire...I'd love that. Back in the day (1988), having a bonfire at my high school was such a fun thing. To bad kids can't enjoy something like that today.

Blog: http://confessionsofaholidayjunkie.blogspot.com/

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/holidayjunkie/

Edited by - HolidayJunkie on Apr 03 2013 12:31:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  1:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Cherime....I think that is awesome that you had a God Encounter of The Marvelous Kind!!!! Could you expound on it a bit more????? It is always so encouraging to hear how God manifests himself in our brothers and sisters lives.
Right now I feel a bit discouraged ...but I know My Beloved Father is just a breath away...but life has dealt our
Family so many lemons lately...I could sell them on the street corner. I feel like I'm in a season of drought..like in between Elijah's two prayers concerning rain. I'm in that 3 1/2 year period and Im feeling rather dry. So let me drink
From your over flowing cup sister....that fist small sip you gave us just made me even thirstier!

This Porch is even in need of some refreshment...or more people would be on here sharing and encouraging each
Other.

More later,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  2:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Baby goats coming!!!!

Baby boy born to Flip on Easter

Twin girls born to Lightening Bolt just a few moments ago and I got to help deliver them. I LOVE new life.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  2:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kim, Great pix.
Peggy, I am kind of embarrassed to put this out there as I know it is not the usual kind of thing that one expects of Jesus. But after all he is my husband these days. So here it goes and I have had him do odd things in my direction before like put a big hand on my head when I was riding the share ride van and there was no one behind me. I do tend to be fairly reserved. It is like he likes doing something different just to shake me up a bit. Background, I do not go for guys that are tall, blonds with blue or gray eyes. I tend to be wowed by the dark haired, light eye guys and anything 5'7 or so it great. The first book I wrote had a hero that was tall, blonde and gray eyed because many Slavic types are. So, I was not hallucinating on my ideal man. The second book I wrote had this particular character grow and learn quite a bit. So imagine my surprise when worshiping in church, I see this guy standing in front of me, leaning against a door jamb, arms crossed grinning at me. I blink my eyes and he is still there. And the eye patch I gave him in the first story is gone. He is perfect. So I go home and do all that other stuff, pick up wood, fix the wood stove, get the new printer working etc. And while I am in with the printer doing that stuff I am telling Jesus that I know he likes messing with me and I get the goose bumps and chills and that smile again in my head.
So ladies, I know that this is quite likely going be too much for some, sorry, but He did it and it was a nice poke on that particular day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  5:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly....love the new babies...they are so adorable. How are you doing girl? Continually praying for you And the kidos.

Cherime....thanks for sharing. I love how God speaks so personally to us and also shows His sense of humor.
I have felt him kiss my cheek numerous times, tap my shoulder, drape his arm around my shoulder, give me dreams and visions and wakes me with the Words to beautiful poetry...just to name a few personal experiences.

Thanks for putting yourself out there Cherime...it helped me recall His Faithful love.

Hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 03 2013 5:24:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  6:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy, I needed to hear that. Hugs.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  6:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I get it. Sometimes we are just too busy to see the touch of God everyday. I am glad you got it too.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  6:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sharing Kim.
Another miracle is witnessed.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  6:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Evening girls,
how are you? Good I hope. It has been a busy few days with getting back into work after break. I thought i better check in as I will be out of town until Saturday and didn't want the porch posse after my wings. We all know I have a tendency to leave my print on the front door. It has been beautiful here. The birds this morning were singing their hearts out. I thought well if they can sing with the ground still frozen and leaves still asleep, I can adjust my attitude to joy too. It was a wonderful day.

well have to pack a few things and then I am going to read.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  08:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Thanks. You have no idea how much I covet those prayers. I know Whom I have believed and am confident that He is able.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  11:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Well, tonight we had a Wonderful Bible Study Baby Shower for Sadie and behind the scenes they made it a Grandma Shower for me too!!! Wow, I Was so shocked. What FUN that was!!! Sadie and I got a bunch of great gifts for the baby. LOL As soon as I fix my computer I Wlll post some pictures.

The other night I Was working on my computer and had a small Glitch so I decided to try out my One Stroke Recovery...thinking it would restore my computer back a week or so. Oh, not so... it totally wiped my computer clean...right back to the day I bought it 4 yrs ago and took it out of th box. My son is going to come reset everything for me...but there is nothing left to retreive thanks to me. I thought I
Was computer savy...but I guess I just know enough to be dangerous. Lol

Well, I. Guess....I'm off to bed. It has been a long day and evening even though it was fun.

Sweet dreams girls,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 05 2013 12:10:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  06:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy :( Sorry to hear that. Real drag to lose 4 years of stuff.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  12:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Well, thanks to my son...he got me back up and running on my computer. Nothing is the same however...which is so frustrating but I have
no one to blame but myself. It is just crazy how much damage I did in 12 minutes. LOL I have to laugh or I will cry. And I'm sorry but
I would rather laugh.

Teacher Tammy...I know you said you wouldn't be on this weekend because of going out of town or something...but have you ever tried Harney and Sons "Paris" Tea? I just bought a can of it at the Antique Mall (not antique however...a new brew). Anyway...I just love it. It has the greatest flavor. When I drink it...I can actually picture myself at a little bistro table in Paris....in the Spring. It tastes like
Spring to me....sweet, smooth, refreshing with just a kiss of after taste that makes you want to take another sip even before you sit the
tea cup back down. It is Ola la Lovely!

Janet...what have you been up to? My DIL loved the baby booties and baby hat that you knit for her. I wrapped it up and put in a gift bag
with your name on it. After she delighted over it...she said, "Oh, I can't wait to have time to be a Farmgirl!" Your gift was the only
home-made gift at the Shower...so, it got a lot of ooohs and awes by everyone. Thanks so much...that was so sweet of you. I will take
a Picture of Elijah when he has it on for you.

Bunny...I hope you are NOT working too hard at school or your job...just enough to make everyone happy...is enough! Hope your Fibro isn't flaring too badly in all this rain and storming.

Judy...how are you? What did the Chiropractor say? Have all your aches and pains gone away??? Has your mama started packing for her
move? Is that why you aren't on here because you are busy helping mama? Don't you love how I just decided to talk to you all even
though you aren't even on here. LOL That is a sure sign of a lonely lady! LOL Pretty soon my family will start thinking that I
have made you all up in my wee imagination.

Kimberly...I do hope you feel yourself wrapped in prayers girlfriend.

Cherime...did you get your book cover problem fixed? Hope so! Have you ever read any of the Jack Reacher Series of Books? I am reading a really strange one in the Series right now. It is So different from the other ones I have read...I'm not sure if I like it or not. I will probably be undecided until the end. At least I haven't thrown it across the room and given up on it...YET! LOL
So, I take it GDD moved out and you now have your home back to yourself. How are you doing with that? I would think you would just
get used to having her around and then bam...all that quietness again.It can either be very very good or very very bad.

Tonight I started working on my Thank You Notes for the Shower...I got half way done and then my hand started cramping. So, I will save the rest for tomorrow.

My husband has still been very sick. Hasn't moved out of his Recliner since Monday. I am very worried about this
continued Pneumonia. I am hoping when baby Elijah gets here and Grandpa holds him for the first time...that he will just fall in love
with him...and want to work harder at getting his health back. There are somethings he could do for himself that which would help his health...like start walking a little bit every day. He is losing weight really fast because he can't swallow food. He is averaging about -7 lbs per week...which is way too fast. Please keep him in your prayers.

As soon as I figure out my new picture storage place...I will post some shower pictures.

Off to read this book...praying it gets better...but if nothing else it is a diversion from the stresses of life.

Love, Hugs and Joy,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 06 2013 12:34:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page